Daily Current Affairs May 05
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs May 05. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
May 05| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs May 05
1. International Firefighters Day is celebrated due to the incident happened in which year?
Answer: C) 1998
- Every year, Fire Fighters Day is celebrated on May 04 to honour the work done by firefighter professionals to protect people and property.
- A tragic incident in Australia’s Linton led to the establishment of International Firefighters Day.
- This historical accident happened on December 02, 1998, which led to the taking of the lives of 5 firefighters.
- Therefore, a proposal was passed on January 04, 1999, to honour the firefighters who lost their lives on duty.
- The symbol for this day is red and blue.
- The colours signify red for fire and blue for water, which is mostly used for emergency services.
2. World Portuguese Language Day is celebrated on?
A) May 5
B) May 4
C) May 3
D) May 2
E) May 1
Answer: A) May 5
- The World Portuguese Language Day is being celebrated on May 5th in about 50 countries, with cultural activities worldwide.
- Portuguese is also the fifth most used language on the Internet and is the fourth most used on Facebook.
- The date of May 5th was officially established in 2009 as ‘World Portuguese Language Day’ by the Community of Portuguese Language Countries (CPLP) – an intergovernmental organization that has been in official partnership with UNESCO since 2000.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs May 05
3. Dhanushbaged gold in Men’s ____m Air Rifle at Deaflympics?
Answer: E) 10
- Dhanush Srikanth and Shourya Saini bagged gold and bronze medals respectively in the men’s 10-meter air rifle competition in the ongoing 24th Deaflympics ensuring a winning start to India’s campaign at the Games.
- India are currently ranked eighth on the medals table with two gold and one bronze medal.
- Ukraine tops the table currently with 19 gold, six silver and 13 bronze medals.
- In the previous 2017 edition, India had finished with one gold, one silver and three bronze medals.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs May 05
4. Which Bank signed MoU with Haryana Government to provide smartphones to Lambardars?
A) Punjab National Bank
B) HDFC Bank
D) Indian Bank
E) Axis Bank
Answer: D) Indian Bank
- Public sector Indian Bank has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Government of Haryana to provide smartphones to Lambardars (tax collectors) of the state through E-Rupee coupons.
- Indian Bank provides technology-financial services and such facilities would also be extended to other state governments.
Books and Authors – Daily Current Affairs May 05
5. Who among the following received copy of book on Covid authored by senior journalist?
B) Vice President
C) Prime Minister
D) Chief Justice of India
E) Speaker of Lok Sabha
Answer: B) Vice President
- Book – ‘No Time to Hide’
- Author – T N Ashok, editor (economics) with PTI.
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu received a copy of a book written on the COVID-19 pandemic which highlights the biggest vaccination drive in the world and the help extended by New Delhi to various countries to deal with the health crisis.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs May 05
6. Pushp Kumar Joshi became full time chairman and MD of which of the following company?
Answer: A) HPCL
- Pushp Kumar Joshi has taken over as the interim chairman and managing director of Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL), he replaces Mukesh Kumar Surana the nation’s third-largest oil refining and fuel marketing company.
- Joshi, the senior-most director on the HPCL board, was in January picked by the government headhunter PESB to be the new head of the company.
- In the interim, Joshi, who currently is director for human resources at HPCL, has been given the additional charge of chairman and managing director.
7. Alkesh Kumar Sharma taken over office as Secretary of which ministry?
A) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
B) Ministry of Education
C) Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology
D) Ministry of Home Affairs
E) Ministry of Defence
Answer: C) Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology
- Alkesh Kumar Sharma assumed charge as Secretary, Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY).
- He is an Indian Administrative Services Officer of 1990 batch, from Kerala cadre.
- Shri Alkesh Kumar Sharma has earlier served as Additional Secretary and Secretary in the Cabinet Secretariat, Government of India.
- Sharma worked as Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director of the National Industrial Corridor Development Corporation Limited (NICDC) (earlier DMICDC) from October 2015 to September 2019.
- He was also CEO of National Industrial Corridor Development and Implementation Trust (NICDIT).
Awards – Daily Current Affairs May 05
8. Which of the following Bank bagged top honours in MSME category?
A) Axis Bank
C) ICICI Bank
Answer: E) KVB
- Private sector Karur Vysya Bank has bagged the Best Micro Small and Medium Enterprises Friendly Bank and the Best Innovative Bank in the runner-up categories, the Tamil Nadu-based bank.
- Union Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Narayan Rane presented the awards to the bank’s General Manager, Commercial Banking, Anburajat an event held in New Delhi.
9. Which of the following countrywill be ‘Country of Honour’ at Cannes Marche’ Du Film 2022?
Answer: D) India
- By Payal Mehta At a time when India is commemorating its 75th year of Independence by launching the ‘AzadiKaAmritMahotsav’, India and France are also celebrating 75 years of their association.
- Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting, Anurag Singh Thakur has announced that India will be the official ‘Country of Honour’ at the upcoming Marche’ Du Film, which is organized alongside the Cannes Film Festival, in France.
- India has also been given an opportunity to pitch five selected movies at the ‘Goes to Cannes Section’.
These movies are part of the WIP lab under the Film Bazaar:
- ‘Baghjan’ by JaichengZxaiDohutia – Assamese, Moran
- ‘Bailadila’ by ShailendraSahu – Hindi, Chhattisgarhi
- ‘EkJagahApni (A Space of Our Own)’ by Ektara Collective – Hindi
- ‘Follower’ by HarshadNalawade – Marathi, Kannada, Hindi
- ‘Shivamma’ by Jai Shankar – Kannada
10. Oscar winner Ariana DeBosewill hostwhich edition of Tony Awards?
Answer: B) 75th
- Oscar winner Ariana De Bose will be the host for the 75th edition of the Tony Awards, which honours the best of the best in American theatre.
- DeBose, the first openly queer woman of colour to win an Academy Award in an acting category, will host the awards live from New York’s Radio City Music Hall.
- She won Best Actress for the film ‘West Side Story‘.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs May 05
11. Tata Power Solar bags how many crore order from SJVN?
A) Rs 6,500 crore
B) Rs 5,600 crore
C) Rs 5,400 crore
D) Rs 4,500 crore
E) Rs 5,500 crore
Answer: E) Rs 5,500 crore
- Tata Power Solar Systems has won India’s largest solar engineering procurement and construction (EPC) order for 1 GW project worth Rs 5,500 crore from state-owned SJVN Ltd.
- According to a company statement, this EPC order has been designed keeping in mind the innovative use of ‘Make in India’ cells and modules.
- The project will be developed under the CPSU (central public sector undertaking) scheme of the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy and will be completed within 24 months.
- Covering 5,000 acres of land in Rajasthan, this project aims at reducing around 2287128 kg of carbon emission and is expected to generate around 2,500 million units annually.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs May 05
12. India’s ‘first’ tribal health observatory will come up in which of the following state?
Answer: C) Odisha
- Odisha is set to come up with India’s ”only” observatory that will establish a repository on the health of the tribal population in the state.
- A memorandum of understanding was inked in this regard between the ST and SC Development and the RMRC, a regional centre of the Indian Council of Medical Research.
- The Tribal Health Observatory (TriHOb) is the ”first in the country”, and designed to be an effective, evidence-based and a policy-oriented centre, the Information Department.
- It will perform systematic and ongoing observation on disease burden, health-seeking behaviour and healthcare delivery system pertaining to tribal health in the state.
13. Which of the following state government developed new citizen-centric web portal for integrated service delivery?
A) Tamil Nadu
C) Andra Pradesh
Answer: A) Tamil Nadu
- The Tamil Nadu government is developing a new citizen-centric web portal, ‘Know Your Government’ with the existing state portal being migrated to the new.
- The IT department, according to a statement is also developing a new integrated service delivery platform, ‘E-sevai 2.0’ to replace the present one and to develop a common digital payment solution.
- The ‘E-sevai 2.0’ will handle all consumer to government, government to government, and government to consumer payments.
14. Amit Shah unveiled how many floating BOPs and a floating ambulance in Bengal?
Answer: D) 6
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah unveiled six floating Border Outposts (BOPs) and launched a floating ambulance, all to be manned by Border Security Force (BSF) at Hingalganj in West Bengal’s North 24 Parganas district, close to the international border with Bangladesh.
- The floating BOPs would strengthen the vigil of this international border, where more such BOPs would be set up in phases.
- Besides inaugurating six floating BOPs for the BSF, a floating ambulance was unveiled by the visiting home minister at Hingalganj region.
- The boat ambulance would provide medical help in the inaccessible area of Sundarbans from Saheb Khali to Shamsher Nagar.
- The BOPs are named as Sutlej, Narmada, Kaveri, Ganga, Sabarmati and Krishna.
- Shah would also lay the foundation stone of Maitri Sangrahalaya or museum Haridaspurin Bongaon region and then attend Prahari Sammelan.
15. Delhi govt launched free bus travel scheme for whom?
A) Street Vendors
B) Construction Workers
Answer: B) Construction Workers
- To aid the construction workers in saving their expenses on the work-related commute, Delhi Government announced a free travel pass for them.
- The construction workers can use the travel pass to commute via DTC buses without paying for the tickets.
- Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia launched the scheme by handing over 100 passes to the workers.
- The move will end travel-related expenses of the construction worker, who is a vast majority, lives on the outskirts of Delhi but travels to the national capital for work.
- The construction workers can avail of the passes by registering on DTC website or at Construction Board Registration Centres.
- He also urged construction workers to assist other members of the community in registering with the Delhi Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board (DBOCWWB) so that they can take advantage of government welfare programmes.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Books and Authors
Science and Technology