Daily Current Affairs May 03
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs May 03. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
May 03| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs May 03
1. World Press Freedom Day is observed on?
A) May 1
B) May 3
C) April 30
D) May 2
E) April 29
Answer: B) May 3
- Every year, May 3 is observed as World Press FreedomDay.
- The special day celebrates the spirit of journalism and recognises the dedication of journalists.
- 1st observed on May 3 1993.
- By UNESCO.
- “Journalism under digital siege”
2. Gyaneshwariclinche silver in Junior World Championships in which category?
Answer: D) 49kg
- IWF Junior World Weightlifting Championships in Heraklion, Greece.
Women’s 49kg category:
- Gold – Windy CantikaAisahlifted 185kg (83kg+102kg) (Tokyo Olympics bronze medallist)
- Silver – Gyaneshwari Yadav lifted 156kg (73kg+83kg) India
- Bronze – V Rithikalifted 150kg (69kg+81kg) India
Women’s 45kg category:
- Gold – Harshadalifted 153kg (70kg+83kg) (India’s First)
- Silver – BektasCansulifted 150kg (65kg+85 kg)
- Bronze – Moldova lifted 149kg (67kg+82kg)
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs May 03
3. Which Fintech Firm Partnered With Religare, LIC’s Mega IPO in Focus?
A) Spice Money
Answer: A) Spice Money
- Rural fintech firm Spice Money has partnered with Religare Broking ahead of the much-awaited initial share sale of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC).
- The tie-up would take the LIC IPO to 10 crore rural households.
- Spice Money representatives will act as a one-point contact for assisting rural citizens who want to invest in the LIC shares.
- They will assist them to open a DEMAT (Dematerialisation) Account and apply for the LIC IPO and invest in other products in the future.
- Spice Money is a wholly-owned subsidiary of DiGiSPICE Technologies and covers 95 per cent of India’s rural pin codes.
- Religare Broking operates on a network of more than 1,100 branches with business partners across 400 cities in India.
4. Govt will launch e-commerce network in ____ cities?
Answer: E) 100
- The government plans to roll out its indigenously developed online e-commerce network for the public in 100 Indian cities by Diwali to provide millions of kirana stores and consumers an alternative to multinational platforms such as Amazon and Flipkart.
- Union commerce and industry minister Piyush Goyal announced the test-launch of the open-source system.
- The beta launch will unveil the IT applications of the Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) and registry covering a small number of retailers and customers initially in Bengaluru.
- After UPI (Unified Payment Interface), another game changing idea to democratise commerce – ONDC soft launch today to select consumers, sellers and logistics providers.
- Get ready for a world of choice, convenience and transparency.
- The project is massive as it will provide a wide choice to all consumers and retailers and the formal launch will take place after successful testing of the system.
5. CAMSfinserv collaborated with whom to develop Account Aggregator marketplace in India?
B) Reliance Jio
C) Microsoft India
Answer: C) Microsoft India
- CAMSfinserv, one of the first licensees to launch the pathbreakingAccount Aggregator services envisioned for consent-based data aggregation and sharing, announced it is working with Microsoft India to develop a robust technology foundation for the Account Aggregator (AA) marketplace in India, to accelerate digital transformation in areas such as credit lending, investment advisory and personal finance management.
- CAMSfinserv and Microsoft will work jointly to empower the Account Aggregator ecosystem by developing the digital capabilities necessary for stakeholders to seamlessly collaborate with each other and drive inclusive financial growth in India.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs May 03
6. Who among the following will buy IL&FS Energy Development Company’s stake in CPTCL?
A) Reliance Power
B) Adani Power
D) Power Grid
E) Tata Power
Answer: D) Power Grid
- State-owned Power Grid Corporation (PGCIL) will purchase IL&FS Energy Development Company Ltd’s (IEDCL) equity shareholding in Cross Border Power Transmission Company Ltd (CPTCL).
- The company’s board has cleared the proposal for purchase of 7730225 equities of IEDCL in CPTCL.
- Currently, Power Grid owns 26 per cent stake in CPTCL while 38 per cent shareholding is with
- Besides, SJVN and Nepal Electricity Authority have 26 per cent and 10 per cent stakes, respectively.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs May 03
7. Atish Chandra transferred to PMO as Additional Secretary,he was formerly?
A) CMD APEDA
B) CMD FCI
C) CMD MPEDA
D) CMD Godrej
E) CMD Amul
Answer: B) CMD FCI
- The government has transferred Atish Chandra, currently Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Food Corporation of India (FCI), to the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) as Additional Secretary.
- There is no replacement announced for his position as CMD.
- Before joining FCI, Chandra was a joint secretary in the Union Agriculture Ministry where he had handled plant protection division.
8. Who among the following replaced Mridul Saggar in monetary policy committee?
A) RV Gupta
B) MV Hate
C) RK Kaul
E) Rajiv Ranjan
Answer: E) Rajiv Ranjan
- Rajiv Ranjanwill replace MridulSaggarin monetary policy committee.
- Ranjan has been with the central bank for over 33 years and was recently the head of the department of economic and policy research, a department aligned with the monetary policy and research function of RBI.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs May 03
9. Who among the following signed MoU with Sandvik to introduce BEVs in underground mining?
A) Hindustan Silver
B) Hindustan Lead
C) Hindustan Zinc
D) Hindustan Aluminium
E) Hindustan Copper
Answer: C) Hindustan Zinc
- Hindustan Zinc recently added to its fleet of electric vehicles, including electric scooters for security staff, passenger EVs at locations, underground service EV for mines and electric forklifts for transportation of goods.
- A step closer towards carbon neutrality, Hindustan Zinc, India’s only and world’s leading integrated zinc-lead-silver producer, is set to introduce Sandvik’s battery electric TH550B trucks and LH518B loaders in their underground mines to reduce carbon emissions and make mine operations more eco-friendly.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs May 03
10. Fast patrol vessel ICGS ‘Kamla Devi’ launched in which of the following city?
Answer: A) Kolkata
- Fast patrol vessel ICGS ‘Kamla Devi’, named after social reformer and freedom activist Kamladevi Chattopadhyay and built by Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd in a public-private partnership with TWL for the Indian Coast Guard, was launched.
- The vessel was christened Indian Coast Guard Ship (ICGS) ‘Kamla Devi’ by NeelaPathania, wife of ICG Director General Virender Singh Pathania.
- ‘Kamla Devi’ was scheduled to be the fourth ship in the series of five such FPVs that GRSE was contracted to build for the ICG, but became the fifth as the fourth one was exported to the Republic of Seychelles as the ‘SCG PS Zoroaster’ in 2021.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs May 03
11. India will receive ______ for green projects from Germany until 2030?
A) 10 billion pound sterling
B) 10 billion peso
C) 10 billion riyal
D) 10 billion euros
E) 10 billion dollar
Answer: D) 10 billion euros
- Germany has made an advance commitment to provide 10 billion euros of new and additional developmental assistance in India until 2030 under the Joint Declaration of Intent (JDI) on Green and Sustainable Development Partnership signed between the two countries.
- A task force will work towards establishing a green hydrogen hub in India with the German support.
- A total of nine agreements in multiple areas were signed between India and Germany on the occasion of the sixth India-Germany Inter-Governmental Consultations (IGC).
- PM Modi received a ceremonial guard of honourfollowed by a bilateral meeting with the German chancellor Olaf Scholz.
- This was their first engagement since Chancellor Scholz assumed office in December 2021.
12. Which of the following state and Netherlands will sign MoU on agritech, water management,other sectors?
Answer: B) Tamilnadu
- The Tamil Nadu government will soon sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the government of The Netherlands encompassing a wide range of industries from agritech to water management to pave the way for closer collaboration on key projects.
- The Dutch government is also planning to set up a ‘centre of excellence’ in Tamil Nadu, as it has in other states such as UP, Kerala and Maharashtra,that will deepen collaboration.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs May 03
13. President of India Lays Foundation Stone for BhagwanMahavir Super Speciality Hospital in which of the following state/UT?
A) New Delhi
C) Jammu and Kashmir
E) West Bengal
Answer: A) New Delhi
- The President of India, Shri Ram NathKovindlaid the foundation stone for BhagwanMahavir Super Speciality Hospital in Delhi.
- A state-of-the-art BhagwanMahavir Super Speciality Hospital with 250 beds would be completed by the year
- High quality health services will be made available to all sections of the society at affordable rates, and free of cost to the poor.
14. Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban ___ launched National Behaviour Change Communication Framework for Garbage Free Cities?
Answer: C) 2.0
- Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban 2.0, under the aegis of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, has launched the ‘National Behaviour Change Communication Framework for Garbage Free Cities’ to strengthen the ongoing janandolan for ‘Garbage Free Cities’.
- Over the last seven years, this Government policy for cleanliness has metamorphosed to become the world’s largest behaviour change programme that champions the principles of sustainable urbanization, circular economy, reuse, reduce, recycle, as well as the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- It will serve as a guiding document and blueprint for States and Cities to undertake large scale multimedia campaigns along with intensive and focused inter-personal communication campaigns.
- The framework focuses on intensifying messaging around the key focus areas of source segregation, collection, transportation, and processing of waste, plastic waste management, and remediation of legacy dumpsites to truly transform the urban landscape of India.
15. Which of the following state signed tripartite agreement with AFD, ONFI for wildlife protection?
Answer: E) Assam
- A Tripartite Park and Biodiversity Partnership MoU between Government of Assam, AgenceFrancaise de Developpement (AFD) and Office National des Forets International (ONFI) for exchanging of expertise and sharing of knowledge between the partners on various aspects of wildlife protection management was signed.
- The MoU was signed in presence of Environment and Forest Minister, ParimalSuklabaidya; Council General of France in India, Didier Talainand other officials.
- This Indo-Pacific initiative between the AFD, the Assam Forest Department and the ONF International — a subsidiary of the French National Forest Office (ONF).
- The AFD had granted 2.50 crores in kind to the state government to carry out an exchange programme for forest officials of France and Assam to similar landscapes and increase the abilities of forest officials in wildlife management.
Over All Review
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Science and Technology