Daily Current Affairs May 02
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs May 02. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
May 02| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs May 02
1. International Labour Day is observed on?
A) May 2
B) May 1
C) April 30
D) April 29
E) May 3
Answer: B) May 1
- International Labour Day or International Workers’ Day, an annual affair, is celebrated globally on May 1 for the role, contribution and sacrifice of workers for the society.
- Labour Day also called May Day is commemorated every year to uphold the rights of the labour class.
2. World Tuna Day was 1st celebrated on?
Answer: D) 2017
- In a bid to spread awareness about Tuna fish and its importance to humans and planet earth, May 2 is observed as World Tuna Day.
- World Tuna Day was established in December 2016 by the United Nations General Assembly, with an aim to preserve endangered species.
- In 2017, the first World Tuna Day was observed.
- “Our Tuna, Our Heritage”.
3. World Laughter Day is celebrated on which day of May?
A) 1st Sunday
B) 2nd Monday
C) 1st Saturday
D) 1st Monday
E) 1st Wednesday
Answer: A) 1st Sunday
- World Laughter Day is celebrated on the first Sunday of May every year to spread happiness in the whole world.
- This year World Laughter Day will be observed on May 1, 2022.
- Every year more than 70 countries around the world celebrate World Laughter Day on the first Sunday of May.
- World Laughter Day was first celebrated on May 10, 1998, in Mumbai, India.
- The day was arranged by Dr Madan Kataria, founder of the worldwide Laughter Yoga movement.
4. Ayushman Bharat Diwas is celebrated on?
A) April 28
B) May 2
C) May 1
D) April 29
E) April 30
Answer: E) April 30
- Ayushman Bharat Diwas is celebrated on April 30.
- It marks the launch of the Ayushman Bharat Yojanain
- The Ayushman Bharat scheme gives beneficiaries coverage of up to Rs 5 lakh per year at government and private hospitals.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs May 02
5. Sports Minister Anurag Thakur inaugurated ___Khelo Masters Games?
Answer: C) 2nd
- Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Anurag Singh Thakur inaugurated 2ndKhelo Masters Games Delhi-2022 at Tyagraj Stadium in New Delhi.
- Under this game, three thousand master players of the age group over 30 to 95 years, from 23 State and Union Territories are participating in eight games.
- Schemes like Khelo India are furthering sports in remote corners of the country.
6. Khelo India University Games Jain University won how many gold medal?
Answer: D) 16
- 1st – The Jain University with 16 Gold, Six Silver and four Bronze
- 2nd – Punjab University with 11 Gold, six Silver and 17 Bronze medals.
- 3rd – The Lovely Professional University, LPU with 2 gold and 4 other medals.
- There are now 101 different Universities in the medal tally list with 46 among them nabbing at least one Gold medal.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs May 02
7. RBI modified norms for banks on short term crop loan scheme of how many lakh under KCC?
A) Rs 5 lakh
B) Rs 3 lakh
C) Rs 4 lakh
D) Rs 3.5 lakh
E) Rs 2.5 lakh
Answer: B) Rs 3 lakh
- RBI modified norms for banks to claim the amount of interest subvention provided to farmers under the short-term crop loan scheme through Kisan Credit Card (KCC) during the last fiscal.
- In order to provide short term crop loans up to Rs 3 lakh to farmers at an interest rate of 7 per cent per annum, the government offers interest subvention of 2 per cent annually to banks.
- An additional 3 per cent interest subvention is provided to farmers who pay their loans promptly.
- For such farmers, the effective interest rate is 4 per cent.
- Banks are required to submit their claims on annual basis duly certified by their statutory auditors as true and correct, within a quarter from the close of the year.
8. RBI penalised how many lakh on Shree KadiNagarikSahakari Bank for rule violations?
A) Rs 2.5 lakh
B) Rs 4 lakh
C) Rs 4.5 lakh
D) Rs 3.5 lakh
E) Rs 3 lakh
Answer: B) Rs 4 lakh
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 4 lakh on Gujarat-based Shree KadiNagarikSahakari Bank for contravention of certain directions issued by the regulator.
- An inspection revealed that the bank had sanctioned loans to trusts or firms in which one of the bank’s directors or a relative of one of the bank’s directors had an interest.
- This penalty has been imposed in the exercise of powers vested in the RBI under the provisions of Section 47 A (1) (c) read with Sections 46 (4) (i) and 56 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949, taking into account the failure of the bank to adhere to the aforesaid directions issued by RBI.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs May 02
9. Which insurance company launched ‘Pay as you Drive’ program to reduce costs of premium?
A) ShriramGeneral Insurance Company
B) Kotak MahindraGeneral Insurance Company
C) HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
D) AckoGeneral Insurance Company
E) ICICI LombardGeneral Insurance Company
Answer: C) HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
- The “Pay as you drive” program brings the opportunity to pay a premium based on the actual usage of the car.
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company announced the launch of its ‘Pay as you Drive’ program; an insurance solution that offers distance-based insurance to reduce upfront costs of premium.
- The program will be available for owners of new Maruti Suzuki cars in select cities up to May 14, 2022.
- This policy will be best suited for those customers who prefer to drive less or have multiple cars with some of those driven less than the others.
- This program, under the regulatory sandbox, is applicable for 10,000 policies or ₹50 lacs of premium whichever happens earlier and is being offered exclusively through Maruti Suzuki Insurance Broking Private Limited.
10. Neobank ‘Open’ is India’s _____ Unicorn?
Answer: E) 100th
- Neobankingfintech Open Financial Technologies Pvt Ltd has announced a series D funding round of $50 million from IIFL along with existing investors Temasek, Tiger Global, and 3one4 Capital.
- With this new round of funding, the company says it is now valued at $1 billion making it the 100th entrant to India’s unicorn club.
- The fintech has cumulatively raised $190 million till now.
- Open has built one of Asia’s digital banking platforms for SMEs, start-ups, and freelancers and has increased its customer base to 3 million customers in the last 12 months.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs May 02
11. Airtel acquired how many per cent stake in Cnergee Technologies?
Answer: A) 7%
- Telecom operator Bharti Airtel has acquired around 7 per cent stake in cloud-based networking solutions provider Cnergee Technologies under the Airtel Startup Accelerator Program.
- The stake acquisition will enable Airtel to sharpen its NaaS proposition for Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs), who are looking to accelerate their shift to cloud-based applications.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs May 02
12. Indian-origin NandMulchandani appointed ____ ever chief tech officer of CIA?
Answer: E) 1st
- The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), the first line of defense for the United States,announced the appointment of NandMulchandanias its first-ever Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
- Before joining the intelligence agency, Mulchandani served as the CTO and acting director of the Joint Artificial Intelligence Centre under the US Department of Defence.
- Mulchandani is a serial entrepreneur who has co-founded and been CEO of multiple successful startups – Oblix (acquired by Oracle), Determina (acquired by VMware), OpenDNS (acquired by Cisco), and ScaleXtreme (acquired by Citrix).
13. Who among the following appointed as Secretary, Ministry of Cooperation?
A) Gyanesh Kumar
B) Alan Grant
C) Neel Kamal Darbari
D) S K G Rahate
E) Pradip Kumar Tripathi
Answer: A) Gyanesh Kumar
- Senior IAS officer Gyanesh Kumar has been appointed as Secretary, Ministry of Cooperation as part of a top-level bureaucratic reshuffle effected by the Centre.
- Pradip Kumar Tripathi, Secretary, Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), has been moved as Secretary, (Coordination), Cabinet Secretariat in place of Sharma.
- Neel Kamal Darbari, Managing Director, Small Farmers’ Agri Business Consortium, Department of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, has been appointed as chairperson, National Authority Chemical Weapons Convention in the rank and pay of Secretary to the government of India.
- S K G Rahate, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Power has been appointed as Secretary, Department of Justice,Ministry of Law & Justice.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs May 02
14. Who among the following joined hands with Google Cloud to accelerate digital transformation?
Answer: C) Meesho
- Internet commerce company Meesho announced a strategic association with Google Cloud to drive its digital transformation journey.
- With this collaboration, Meesho expects to generate a significant competitive advantage as it looks to build an AI-first supplier experience, better user acquisition strategies, and a personalized shopping experience for the next billion e-commerce users in the country.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs May 02
15. Which of the following country’s landscape garden earned UNESCO world heritage status?
Answer: B) Brazil
- Globally renowned for its natural beauty, Rio de Janeiro received a new international distinction as UNESCO added landscape architect Roberto Burle Marx’s former home to its list of World Heritage sites.
- The SitioBurle Marx in western Rio features more than 3,500 species of plants native to Rio and is considered a laboratory for botanical and landscape experimentation.
- The recognition was granted during a meeting of UNESCO’s Heritage Committee in China.
- The site was designated a Cultural Landscape, a category that celebrates places allowing interaction between the environment and people.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs May 02
16. Which of the following state/UT govt introduced new online system for referral of patients to tertiary healthcare facilities?
C) Uttar Pradesh
E) West Bengal
Answer: D) Karnataka
- Karnataka Department of Health and Family Welfare will introduce online referral of patients from primary health care centers to the higher health care facilities for secondary and tertiary treatment.
- The Online platform is set to be operational from 1st of June this year.
- This will prevent manual filling of a pre-printed form.
- The new Online Referral System will save time and make the process hassle-free and avoid fraud.
- The online facility is implemented under the Ayushman Bharat Arogya Karnataka Scheme.
- A web portal Karnataka.gov.in is being developed by NIC for the purpose.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Science and Technology