Daily Current Affairs March 30
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs March 30. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 30| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs March 30
1. Rajasthan Foundation Day being celebrated on which date across the state?
A) March 31
B) March 28
C) March 29
D) March 27
E) March 30
Answer: E) March 30
- Rajasthan Foundation Day is being celebrated as ‘Rajasthan festival’ across the state on March 30 every year.
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla message that the rich art, culture, and traditions of Rajasthan have always attracted people from all over the world.
- Many events are being organized in the entire state to celebrate Rajasthan festival.
- he state-level Function is to be organized at the historical Albert Hall of Pink City.
- More than 500 folk artists will perform at the function.
- Rajasthan festival programs are also being organized at all the district headquarters.
- Entry of students is free today at all tourist places and monuments across the state.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs March 30
2. Which among the following state has retained top position in Fruits Production in the 2021- 22 crop year?
A) Uttar Pradesh
C) Andhra Pradesh
E) West Bengal
Answer: C) Andhra Pradesh
|1||Uttar Pradesh 29.58 million tonnes(mt)(29.16 mt last year)||Andra Pradesh 18.01 mt(17.7 mt last year)|
|2||West Bengal 28.23 mt(30.33 last year)||Maharastra12.3 mt(11.74 mt last year)|
|3||Madhya Pradesh 25.9 mt||Uttar Pradesh 11.26 mt|
|4||Bihar 17.77 mt||Karnataka 8.55 mt|
|5||Maharastra 16.78 mt||Gujarat 8.24 mt|
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs March 30
3. Equitas Small Finance Bank launched limited edition ______ Debit Cardin the Equiverse platform?
A) Equitas Bank KKR
B) Equitas Bank SRH
C) Equitas Bank RCB
D) Equitas Bank CSK
E) Equitas Bank MI
Answer: D) Equitas Bank CSK
- Equitas Small Finance Bank has launched Equitas Bank CSK Debit Card in association with the IPL franchise Chennai Super Kings in the Equiverse platform.
- Any new account applicant can open an account online and choose the CSK Debit Card to extend their support to the IPL team owned by cement manufacturer The India Cements Ltd.
- The bank aims to empower its customer through higher interest rates on savings account, fixed deposits and recurring deposits with the recent rate revisions for savings and RTDs.
- Equitas has partnered with CSK and the bank’s logo is imprinted on the back of the helmet worn by the CSK players.
- The Bank has launched the special edition debit card for fans of the IPL team, who shared spaced with the avatar of the players on a virtual experience at equiverse.in and fans can meet players.
4. Nabet India collaborated with which Housing Finance for a unique employment generation program?
Answer: A) PNB
- Nabet India and PNB Housing Finance Pvt Ltd joined hands to carry out a special women’s health and wellness initiative.
- Nabet India has been engaged in skilling persons with disability in the IT sector, however, the organization felt that livelihood schemes other than IT should also be designed for those who do not have access to our IT training programs.
- In this initiative, Nabet India would manufacture sanitary napkins at its own facility and make them available for working women, school/college going girls and villagers in need.
- PNB Housing Finance Pvt Ltd would on its part sponsor the machine for use by Nabet India.
5. Which of the following digital platform launched“Tap to Pay” for UPI in collaboration with Pine Labs?
B) Google Pay
D) Amazon Pay
Answer: B) Google Pay
- To complete a payment, all a user will need to do is tap their phone on the POS terminal and authenticate the payment from their phone, using their UPI PIN, making the process virtually instantaneous, as compared to scanning a QR code, or entering the UPI-linked mobile number.
- The functionality will be available to any UPI user who wants to use their NFC-enabled Android smartphone to transact using any Pine Labs Android POS terminal across the country.
- This was piloted with Reliance Retail and will now be available at other large merchants such as Future Retail and Starbucks.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs March 30
6. Axis Bank acquires Citi’s consumer business in India for how much billion?
A) $2.0 billion
B) $1.6 billion
C) $2.5 billion
D) $1.2 billion
E) $1.5 billion
Answer: C) $1.6 billion
- Axis Bank will buy the consumer banking business of Citi in a deal valued at $1.6 billion which paid in cash.
- The deal includes Citi’s credit cards, retail banking, wealth management and consumer loan.
- The transaction also includes the sale of the consumer business of Citi’s non-banking financial company, Citicorp Finance (India) Limited, comprising the asset-backed financing business, which includes commercial vehicle and construction equipment loans, as well as the personal loans portfolio.
- The transaction is expected to close in the first half of calendar year 2023 subject to requisite regulatory approvals.
- Axis Bank, which has a credit card base of 6 million, will add another 2.55 million from Citi after acquisition.
7. ICICI Bank to buy 10 lakh shares in which e-commerce platform in india?
Answer: B) ONDC
- ICICI Bank will hold 97 per cent stake in ONDC through acquisition of 10,00,000 equity shares of face value of Rs 100 each.
- Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) was engaged in creating an open public digital infrastructure to develop and transform the Indian digital commerce ecosystem for goods and services.
- It aims to expand alternatives for buyers and sellers to engage in digital commerce space.
- The shareholding is subject to change and is dependent on closure of transaction by other participating investors.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs March 30
8. Nidhi Dogra becomes Natl Brand Ambassador of Yoga. He is related which state?
C) Himachal Pradesh
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: E) Uttar Pradesh
- Wonder Yoga girl from the Chauriarea of Hamirpur district of Uttar Pradesh has become the National brand ambassador of Yoga.
- Popularly known as the Rubber doll, Nidhi Dogra, a student of Class VIII of Dogra Government Senior Secondary School, Chauri of the Hamirpur district had recently created a record when she remained in scorpion posture Asana for 01 minutes.
- Nidhi Dogra has earlier set a world record in yoga by performing 35 different Asanasinside one minute.
- Earlier Nidhi Dogra was chosen as the brand ambassador of Himachal Pradesh in the field of Yoga.
- ABYM Yoga Book of Record Foundation has selected her as the brand ambassador of Yoga at the national level.
- This was informed by Rakesh Bhardwaj, Founder, and CEO, of ABYM Yoga Book of Records Foundation.
- Nidhi has also received the appointment letter as the brand ambassador of Yoga at the national level.
- ABBIM Yoga Book of Records inscribes records that are established in the field of Yoga.
- A Himachali girl becoming the national brand ambassador of Yoga, it’s importance will increase in the state.
9. Name the American courier delivery company which announcedthat the Indian-born Raj Subramaniam as new CEO?
A) DHL USA
C) Central Courier
E) USPS Courier
Answer: B) FedEx
- American courier delivery company FedEx has announced Indian-born Rajesh Subramaniam as its new CEO from June 1.
- He joins a growing list of Indian-origin executives to head multinational giants.
- Subramaniam will replace chairman and current CEO Frederick W. Smith, who will step down serve as the company’s executive chairman.
- Subramaniam currently serves as the company’s president and chief operating officer.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs March 30
10. Which country to bequalified for FIFA World Cup finals?
A) Costa Rica
Answer: C) Canada
- Canada men’s football team qualified for the FIFA World Cup finals for only the second time ever with a 4-0 rout of Jamaica.
- The nation’s only previous appearance in the tournament was 1986 in Mexico.
- John Herdman’s squad needed only a draw against Jamaica to capture one of the three spots from the CONCACAF (North, Central American and Caribbean) region for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar in November.
- The team didn’t hold back and gave the fans at BMO Field a dominant performance with goals from CyleLarin,
- Tajon Buchanan and Junior Hoilett, followed by a late own goal by defender Adrian Mariappa, Xinhua reports.
- The squad of 38 features talented players in the top divisional leagues across Europe and North America.
- Canada become the 20th team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup which will feature 32 nations vying for the ultimate prize in Qatar from November 21 to December 18.
- The remaining 12 teams will be decided in the coming days before the draw on April 1 to determine the eight groups.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs March 30
11. Who among the following was announced that India’s indigenous 4G mobile network to be rolled out soon?
A) Ashwini Vaishnaw
B) Jitendra Singh
C) Narendra Modi
D) Anurag Singh Thakur
Answer: A) Ashwini Vaishnaw
- Telecom Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw in Lok Sabha that India’s indigenous 4G mobile network has been prepared in the shortest possible time and is ready for rollout soon while the 5G network will be ready by the end of 2022.
- The rollout of 5G mobile services is likely during year 2022-23 by Telecom Service Providers(TSPs).
- The investment for rolling out of 5G services by the TSPs depend on their techno-commercial considerations.
- Nine schemes have been taken by the government to improve mobile telecom networks that include construction of over 9,000 towers in aspirational districts and Northeastern region.
- In addition ₹6,446 crore scheme has been taken to improve mobile infrastructure in over 60,200 villages across the country.
12. Which country has deployed the 3 Tianping-2 satellites on orbit?
Answer: D) China
- China has successfully launched a Long March (Chang Zheng) 11 carrier rocket from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in Gansu province in the country’s north-west and deployed three Tianping-2 satellites into orbit from the Jiuquan launch center.
- Tianping-2 satellites are designed for identification of the Earth’s atmosphere parameters and for adjusting an orbit calculation model.
- It comes a day after China launched a modified Long March 6 carrier rocket from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center in Shanxi province, putting two satellites designed for space exploration and monitoring national land resources into orbit.
China launches Chang Zheng 6 carrier rocket:
- China’s modified Chang Zheng 6 carrier rocket was successfully launched from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center in Shanxi province in the country’s north.
- According to the China Aerospace Science and Technology, this was the first launch of the Chinese carrier rocket powered by hybrid fuel.
- The rocket’s total length is about 164 feet and its carrying capacity is estimated at at least four tonnes.
- This environmentally friendly next-generation rocket launched two satellites designed for space exploration and monitoring national land resources.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 30
13. BIMSTEC members sign Charter.Which edition of BIMSTEC Summit was held in Colombo?
Answer: D) 5th
- The leaders of the Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) signed the BIMSTEC Charter at the 5th Summit held in Colombo, which formalizes the grouping into an organization made up of member states that are littoral to, and dependent upon, the Bay of Bengal.
- The Summit, hosted by current BIMSTEC chair Sri Lanka
- Several agreements and accords were signed on the closing day of BIMSTEC. – The BIMSTEC Convention on mutual legal assistance in criminal matters was signed by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Justice, or the nominated signatories of the BIMSTEC member states.
- A Memorandum of Association (MoA) on the Establishment of a BIMSTEC Technology Transfer Facility (TTF) in Colombo, Sri Lanka, was signed by the Ministers of Foreign Affairs or the nominated signatories of the BIMSTEC Member States.
- The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Mutual Cooperation between Diplomatic Academies/Training Institutions of BIMSTEC Member States was signed by the Minister of Foreign Affairs or the nominated signatories of the BIMSTEC Member States.
- The theme of the Colombo Summit was “BIMSTEC-Towards a Resilient Region, Prosperous Economies, Healthy Peoples”.
14. Which country to join hands with India on global water pact?
Answer: C) Netherlands
- The Netherlands is keen to work closely with India, taking inputs from the Narendra Modi administration’s ‘access to drinking water for all programme (Jal Jeevan Mission) for a ‘global water pact’ to be discussed at the UN water conference next March.
- The three-day UN conference starting 22 March 2023 would be one of action agenda, rather than just calling for action. The conference will be co-hosted by Tajikistan and the Netherlands.
- Netherlands’ partnership with India for climate change mitigation and adaptation would bring together innovative solutions developed in the Netherlands and India’s experience in ensuring access to water, sanitation and hygiene to a large number of people, for implementation around the world.
- India’s Jal Jeevan Mission aims to provide safe and adequate drinking water through individual household tap connections by 2024 to all households in rural India.
- The scheme also entails measures such as water conservation and rain water harvesting.
- As per data available from the Jal Shakti ministry, nearly half of the 193 million Indian rural households to be covered under the scheme had access to tap drinking water.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 30
15. Defence Ministry signs Rs 3,102 crore worth contracts with which Defence Company in India?
A) Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd
B) Boing India Ltd
C) Bharat Electronics Ltd
E) Bharat Dynamics Ltd
Answer: C) Bharat Electronics Ltd
- The Defence Ministry has signed two contracts worth Rs3,102 crore with the Bengaluru and Hyderabad units of Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) for supply of Advanced Electronic Warfare (EW) suite for fighter aircraft of the Indian Air Force.
- The overall cost of the contract is estimated to be Rs1,993 crore.
- The supply of advanced EW systems will significantly enhance the battle-survivability of IAF fighter aircraft while undertaking operational missions against adversaries’ ground-based as well as airborne fire control and surveillance radars.
- The EW suite has been indigenously designed and developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- The Defence Ministry also signed a contract with BEL-Hyderabad for Instrumented Electronic Warfare Range (IEWR) for the Indian Air Force.
- The overall cost of the contract is estimated to be Rs 1,109 crore.
- The IEWR will be used to test and evaluate airborne Electronic Warfare (EW) equipment and validate their deployment in an operational scenario.
- The two projects essentially embody the spirit of ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ and ‘Make in India’ while it will also help facilitate realising the journey towards self-reliance.
16. India provide how mach million USD to BIMSTEC to increase its operational budget?
A) USD 1 million
B) USD 2 million
C) USD 3 million
D) USD 4 million
E) USD 5 million
Answer: A) USD 1 million
- PM Modi addressing the fifth BIMSTEC Summit virtually, India will provide the (BIMSTEC) secretariat 1 million US dollars to increase its operational budget.
- Announcement in the backdrop of making early progress on the proposal of the BIMSTEC free trade agreement (FTA) to enhance mutual business.
- Also adopting the BIMSTEC charter to develop institution architecture for the group.
- The BIMSTEC Center for Weather and Climate is an important organization for cooperation on disaster management, especially disaster risk reduction.
17. Which of the following state launched scheme to offer personal loans for prisoners?
E) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: B) Maharashtra
- Maharashtra government launched a scheme to provide personal loans for prisoners with the aim to improve the living standard of the families of the inmates.
- The Maharashtra State Co-operative Bank will give loans under the scheme up to Rs 50,000 at an interest rate of 7 per cent.
- The scheme will be implemented on a pilot basis at Yerawada Central Jail, Pune.
- The decision was taken in a meeting chaired by Home Minister Patil at Sahyadri Guest House and also a Government Resolution (GR) was issued in this regard.
- Approximately 1,055 prisoners can benefit from the scheme.
- Under the scheme, the loan facility will be decided on the basis of the prisoner, prisoner’s loan limit, duration of punishment, possible relief from it, age, estimated annual working day and minimum daily income.
- The loan will not require a guarantor.
18. Piyush Goyal inaugurated Indian Jewellery Exposition Centre in _______?
A) New Delhi
B) Abu Dhabi
Answer: D) Dubai
- Union Minister of Commerce & Industry, Consumer Affairs and Food & Public Distribution and Textiles, Shri Piyush Goyal called upon the G&J Industry to triple their exports target from about $35 billion exports at present to go for 100 Billion Dollar target
- Focused on the Gems and Jewellery sector and aims to make India the No. 1 in the world in the G&J sector of not only the Made in India but also Designed in India jewellery.
- The G&J sector, at about $35 billion exports, contributed to nearly 10 percent of over $400 Billion exports target India scaled this financial year.
19. Telangana Governor inaugurateda cultural festival ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav’ at which place?
Answer: D) Warangal
- Telangana Governor TamilisaiSoundararajanhas inaugurated the two-day cultural festival ‘RashtriyaSanskritiMahotsav’ at Warangal.
- The Governor conserving our culture and heritage promotes unity among people.
- Conducting festivals like RashtriyaSanskritiMahotsav help artists and artisans to demonstrate their craftsmanship.
- This festival provided a platform for traditional performing artists and craftsmen to come under one roof to showcase their talent.
- It gave us an opportunity to recall the sacrifices of our freedom fighters and rededicate ourselves for nation’s building.
- Inaugurated an exhibition on Prominent Telugu freedom fighters organized by the Regional Outreach Bureau of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting on the occasion.