Daily Current Affairs March 29
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs March 29. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 29 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs March 29
1. World Piano Day was observed on which date of March this year?
A) March 30
B) March 26
C) March 29
D) March 27
E) March 28
Answer: C) March 29
- World Piano Day is observed on the 88th day every year as there are 88 keys on the piano and this year it will be celebrated on March 29.
- The day was founded in 2015 by German musician Nils Frahm.
- In the year 1700, the harpsichord, a keyboard musical instrument in which strings are set in vibration by plucking was invented by Bartolomeo Cristofori of Italy and it is quite similar to the modern-day piano.
- It was originally named ‘clavicembalo col piano e forte,’ but was later given the name ‘Piano’.
- With changing times and evolution in the music industry, the instrument also underwent several changes from 1790 to 1860 and became the modern-day Piano that all of us know.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs March 29
2. Who among the following weightlifter won BBC Lifetime Achievement’award?
C) Vikas Thakur
D) Kunjarani Devi
E) Deepak Lather
Answer: A) KarnamMalleswari
- Olympic silver medallist weightlifter MirabaiChanuwon the BBC Indian Sportswoman Of The Year award.
- Young India opener ShafaliVermawas awarded the ‘BBC Emerging Player’ award.
- Former weightlifter KarnamMalleswariwas presented the ‘BBC Lifetime Achievement’ award.
- Olympians and the Paralympians from the Tokyo Games were also honoured in this edition of BBC ISWOTY.
- To honour the talented Indian sportswomen who’ve achieved so much, often in the face of challenging circumstances in this award.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs March 29
3. Name the person who placed third in the Duff & Phelps Celebrity Brand Valuation Report 2021?
A) Alia Bhatt
B) Ranveer Singh
C) PV Sindhu
E) Akshay Kumar
Answer: E) Akshay Kumar
|1st||ViratKohli||$185.7 million||$237.7 million(2020)|
|2nd||Ranveer Singh||$158.3 million||–|
|3rd||Akshay Kumar||$139.6 million||–|
|4th||Alia Bhatt||$68.1 million||Youngest|
|5th||MS Dhoni||$61.2 million||–|
- The total brand value of the top 20 celebrities in India stood at $1.2 billion in 2021, a growth of around 12.9 per cent as compared to the last year.
- Badminton player P V Sindhu, was a new entrant in the top 20 club in 2021 with a brand value of $22 million.
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs March 29
4. Which state’s former Chief Minister BB Gooroong was passed away recently?
A) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: B) Sikkim
- Former chief minister of Sikkim BB Gooroong died due to old age-related ailments at the age of 92.
- Gooroong, the third chief minister of the Himalayan state.
- 1947-Member of Sikkim State Congress
- 1958-General Seceratary
- 1967-Executive Councillor
- 1967-1st elected(after Sikkim merged with India in 1975)
- 1979-1st Speaker
- 1984-3rd CM of Sikkim(May11 to May 24 – Shortest in Sikkim)
- Gooroong served as a Political and Press Advisor to the former SDF government.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs March 29
5. HSBC and which company partnered to explore applications of quantum computing in finance?
Answer: D) IBM
- HSBC and IBM announced a three-year collaboration on exploring applications for quantum computing in financial services.
- The partnership aims to bolster the bank’s expertise in quantum computing and ensure its organizational readiness to take full advantage of the rapidly-emerging technology.
- HSBC joining the IBM Quantum Accelerator program via which the bank will get access to the latter’s premium plan of quantum computing systems, including the new 127-qubit processor “Eagle” as well as its quantum expertise, to help validate and progress potential quantum use cases.
- The use of quantum computing for pricing and portfolio optimisation, to mitigate risks including identifying and addressing fraudulent activity as well as to advance its net-zero goals.
6. RBI clears _______ crore credit limit for Punjab for rabi crop procurement?
A) Rs 24,457
B) Rs 24,773
C) Rs 24,581
D) Rs 24,690
E) Rs 24,326
Answer: C) Rs 24,773
- The Reserve Bank of India cleared Rs 24,773.11 crore of cash credit limit till April-end this year for the procurement of wheat in Punjab during the coming rabi crop marketing season.
- Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann stated the release of CCL (Cash Credit Limit) will go a long way in ensuring seamless procurement of wheat in the state.
- With this, the bulk of the CCL sought by the state government for the purchase of 132 lakh tonnes of wheat for this season has been released by the central bank.
- Mann has directed the food and civil supplies department to ensure smooth and hassle-free procurement of crops from the farmers and make payments to them beginning April 1, the very first day of procurement.
- The central government has fixed the minimum support price of wheat at Rs 2,015 per quintal.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs March 29
7. HDFC Bank to infuse Rs 3 cr to acquire stake in which debt resolution firm?
A) India Debt Resolution
B) National Debt Relief
D) Cura Debt
E) New Era Debt Solutions
Answer: A) India Debt Resolution
- HDFC Bank has inked an agreement to invest Rs 3 crore in the first tranche to acquire a stake in debt management company IDRCL (India Debt Resolution Company Ltd).
- IDRCL as a debt management company and to do all kinds of debt management.
- It will do operational management and consultancy services in relation to debt resolution for an asset reconstruction company or investment trust or any other portfolio of securities.
- The bank will infuse, in cash, Rs 7.50 crore in tranches to acquire up to 15 per cent equity holding in IDRCL.
- Shares of HDFC Bank were trading at Rs 1,442.45 apiece on BSE, up 0.67 per cent from its previous close.
8. Assam govt acquiredhow many defunct mills of Hindustan Paper Corp’s mills for Rs 375 crore?
Answer: C) Two
- Assam government has acquired PSU Hindustan Paper Corp’s (HPC) two defunct paper mills in the state for Rs 375 crore.
- The reserve price for the bids was initially kept at Rs 1,139 crore, but it attracted no bidder.
- The price was lowered several times and the Assam government finally acquired the mills at Rs 375 crore.
Books and Authors – Daily Current Affairs March 29
9. Narendra Singh Tomar releases book titled “Indian Agriculture towards 2030” covered how many themes?
Answer: A) Eight
Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare (MoA&FW) Shri Narendra Singh Tomar released a book titled “Indian Agriculture towards 2030: Pathways for Enhancing Farmers’ Income, Nutritional Security and Sustainable Food and Farm Systems”was published by Springerat an event organized by NITI Aayog and the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations.
Indian Agriculture towards 2030 covers the following themes:
- Transforming Indian Agriculture
- Structural Reforms and Governance
- Dietary Diversity, Nutrition and Food Safety
- Managing Climate Risks in Agriculture
- Science, Technology and Innovation
- Symbiosis of Water and Agricultural Transformation in India
- Pests, Pandemics, Preparedness and Biosecurity
- Transformative Agroecology-Based Alternatives for a Sustainable and Biodiverse Future.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs March 29
10. Which company has appointed Noel Naval Tata as its vice-chairman?
B) Tata Steel
C) Hindalco Industries
E) Tata Steel BSL
Answer: B) Tata Steel
- Tata Steel has appointed Noel Naval Tata, a trustee on the boards of Sir Ratan Tata Trust and Sir Dorabji Tata Trust, as an additional director and designated him as vice-chairman of the Board of Directors of the company.
- Based on the recommendations of the Nomination and Remuneration Committee, the Board of Directors at its meeting.
- He is also the chairman of Tata International Limited, Voltas Limited, Tata Investment Corporation Limited and is the vice-chairman of Titan Company Limited.
- Noel Naval Tata is also on the Board of Kansai Nerolac Paints Limited and Smiths Plc.
11. Sumant Sinha takes over as a president of which organisation?
Answer: B) ASSOCHAM
- ReNew Power’s founder chairman and CEOSumant Sinha has taken over as the president of Assocham.
- SpiceJetchairman and managing director Ajay Singh has become the new senior vice-president of Assocham.
12. Air Squadron 316 will be commissioned at the _______ in Goa?
A) INS Talwar
B) INS Kuthar
C) INS Kirpan
D) INS Hansa
E) INS Betwa
Answer: D) INS Hansa
- The Indian Navy will commission its second long-range maritime reconnaissance air squadron comprising a fleet of P-8I aircraft to add muscle to its surveillance power in the Indian Ocean Region.
- The air squadron 316 will be commissioned at the INS Hansa, a naval air station near Dabolim in Goa, in the presence of Chief of Naval Staff R Hari Kumar.
- The Indian Navy Air Squadron (INAS) 316 will operate the Boeing P-8I multi-role long-range maritime reconnaissance and anti-submarine warfare aircraft and is powered by twin jet engines and can be equipped with air-to-ship missiles and torpedoes.
- INAS 316 has been christened ‘The Condors’ after one of the largest flying birds in the world.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 29
13. India and which country signed anagreement for setting up hybrid power plants?
Answer: E) Srilanka
- India and Sri Lanka have signed an agreement on implementing hybrid power projects on three Sri Lankan islands off northern Jaffna, replacing the Chinese venture.
- Chinese firm Sinosar-Etechwinwas awarded the contract to install a hybrid renewable energy system in Nainativu, Delft or Neduntheevu and Analaitivu off the coast of Jaffna, but was reconsidered following objections raised by India.
14. E-commerce platform Shopee shuts India operations. Shopee is related to which country?
B) Saudi Arabia
D) North Korea
Answer: A) Singapore
- Singapore based e-commerce platform Shopeethat launched in India only in December 2021 has decided to close operations in the country.
- The official reason given by Shopee, which is controlled by NYSE-listed Sea Ltd, is changing global sentiments.
- In view of the global market uncertainties decided to close risks of our early-stage Shopee India initiative.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 29
15. Who among the following has inaugurated 5.21 lakh houses of PMAY scheme beneficiaries in Madhya Pradesh?
A) Nitin JairamGatkari
B) Narendra Modi
C) Ram NathKovind
D) Raj Nath Singh
E) Piyush Goyal
Answer: B) Narendra Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated 5.21 lakh houses of beneficiaries of the Pradhan MantriAwasYojna (PMAY)-Graminin Madhya Pradesh via video conference while participating in the ‘GrahPravesham‘, a ceremony to hand over new houses to their owners.
- 5 crore houses have been constructed under the PMAY scheme in the country, including two crore in rural areas.
16. Paradip Port Trust becomes Paradip Port Authority under the Major Port Authorities Act, _______?
Answer: C) 2021
- The Paradip Port Trust (PPT) has been renamed as Paradip Port Authority (PPA) under the provisions of the Major Port Authorities Act (MPA), 2021.
- The maiden Board meeting of Paradip Port Authority was convened under the Chairmanship of P.L. Haranadhat Paradip and passed a resolution for renaming the Paradip Port Trust.
- In pursuance of sub-section 1 of Section 3 of the Major Port Authorities Act (MPA), 2021 the Government of India had already constituted a new Board of Major Port Authority for Paradip Port.
17. IAF and which company jointly introduced ‘Fleet Card – Fuel on Move’ for varied fleet of vehicles?
Answer: A) IOCL
- Indian Air Force in collaboration with Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) has taken a leap forward in fuel supply chain management by introducing a ‘Fleet Card – Fuel on Move’ for its varied fleet of vehicles.
- This innovative initiative taken by the Indian Air Force provides a paradigm shift to the logistics management of fuel.
- ‘Fleet Card’, the energy security for IAF vehicles on move, was launched by Air Chief Marshal VR Chaudhari, Chief of Air Staff at Headquarters Western Air Command, Subroto Park.
- Availability of Fleet Card will permit the convoy to refuel at any IOCL fuel stations thus increasing the pace of movement and reducing the lead time for readiness at operational locations across the nation.
18. MSME Ministry to set up Global Market Intelligence Network for ______ exports?
Answer: E) MSME
- MSME Minister Narayan Rane will come up with a Global Market Intelligence Network to help MSME exports.
- Micro should grow to become Small and Small to Medium, growth must be the only constant for MSMEs and they should grow to become champions.
- The event was co-organised by the Ministry of MSME and Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII).
- The two-day summit, which has speakers from different countries, will focus on opportunities, challenges and growth prospects for the MSME sector.
- It makes good contribution to the growth of the GDP, employment and exports. It is key to rural industrialisation.
- Calling all stakeholders to chart out a roadmap to make the MSME sector a vibrant growth engine, the sector can lead the growth once it becomes more competitive.
- To achieve this aim, new research and innovation, new business ideas and workforce scale up will be needed.
- MSMEs form a pivotal part of the Indian economy, contributing 48% to exports and 30% to the GDP.
19. Which state/UT becomes first in the country in sugar production?
C) Jammu and Kashmir
Answer: E) Maharashtra
- With raising credibility of sugarcane crops and attempt of Sugar Commissionrate to give FRP (fair remuneration prise) in time, Maharashtra state take a lead in excess sugar production than China, Thailand, Australia, Pakistan and compete with Brazil in sugarcane and ethanol production, which is a prelude of bright future of the state.
- Sugar production this year, Maharashtra state crushed total sugarcane 11,12,34,000 MT till date and produced total 11,54,18,000 quintal sugar with 10.38 percent recovery.
- From last two to three years Uttar Pradesh was forefront in sugar production while Maharashtra state was in second position but with changing picture this year Maharashtra state put aside Uttar Pradesh in sugarcane crushing and sugar production.
- In UP total 68 crore MT sugarcane crushed with producing 80 lakh MT sugar while Maharashtra 11.12 crore MT sugarcane crushed with producing sugar 11.54 crore quintal and comparatively Maharashtra state took 35 lakh quintal sugar than UP.
- Maharashtra state took extra 1.57 crore quintal sugar production than its last year’s production On country level sugar production expected if 3.47 crore MT in which Maharashtra’s share will be 1.25 crore MT sugar which would reach to 39 percent.
- While in the state, Kolhapur and Sangli division were leading in sugar production with 88.79 lakh Quintal collectively by both districts while Kolhapur district became first in the state for sugar recovery with 75 percent.