Daily Current Affairs March 27
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs March 27. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 27 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs March 27
1. World Theatre Day 2022:
- March 27 is celebrated as World Theatre Day around the world.
- World Theatre Day is thus celebrated to preserve and promote dramas, which people enjoy even today.
History and significance:
- Since 1962
- The first message was written by French playwriterJean Cocteau on World Theatre Day.
- The first ITI conference was held in Finland, Helsinki and the second one was held in Vienna.
- The theme for World Theatre Day is not set every year.
- Every year, the theme for this day is ‘Theatre and a Culture of Peace’.
2. Purple Day/ Epilepsy Awareness Day 2022:
- Purple Day is also known as Epilepsy Awareness Day
- It is celebrated on 26 March every year
- To raise awareness and curb the fear and stigma attached to epilepsy.
- Epilepsy Awareness Day was first commemorated with an event organised by Cassidy Megan from Nova Scotia, Canada, on 26 March 2008.
- Epilepsy is the cause of electrical disturbances in the brain that result in various types of seizures.
- It is the fourth common neurological condition after migraines, strokes, and Alzheimer’s.
- In 2009, the Anita Kaufmann Foundation partnered with the Epilepsy Association of Nova Scotia and started Purple Day with an aim to organise structured campaigns for epilepsy in the US and other countries in the world.
- The Anita Kaufmann Foundation trademarked Purple Day in the year 2011 and it has continued to gain appreciation and attention since then.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs March 27
3. PV Sindhu claims Swiss Open 2022 crown after defeating Ongbamrungphan in final:
- Women’s singles crown at Jakobshallearena in Basel.
- This is Sindhu’s second Super 300 title of the year.
- Battling it out at court 1, the double Olympic medallist Indian defeated BusananOngbamrungphan of Thailand by 21-16, 21-8 in 49 minutes.
- Sindhu now has a head-to-head record of 16-1 against the Thai player.
4. Shuttler Ajay Jayaram announces retirement:
- Ajay Jayaram was part of the Indian men’s squad announced his retirement from professional badminton after enjoying a career spanning over two decades.
- Bronze at the Badminton Asia Team Championships in 2016.
- The Dutch Open twice (2014 and 2015) and Czech International.
- Jayaram last played at the India Open 2022 in January, where he lost to Ireland’s Nhat Nguyen in the round of 32.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs March 27
5. SIDBI sanctions Rs 837 cr to Odisha for MSME cluster development:
- It has sanctioned a support of Rs 837 crore under its SIDBI Cluster Development Fund Scheme (SCDF) to the Odisha government, the development of 18 MSME infrastructure projects to be implemented by Odisha Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (IDCO).
- It include five new MSME parks, 11 workers hostels and two projects for supporting infrastructure to MSMEs.
- Under the SCDF scheme, the SIDBI has extended moderately priced loan assistance to state governments for upgrading various existing MSME clusters, as also for creation of new industrial infrastructure in the state.
6. Tata AIG, ICICI Lombard join race to buy insurance units of Reliance Cap:
- Tata AIG, ICICI Lombard and Nippon Life are among 54 prominent Indian and foreign financial companies joining the race for the profit-making insurance arms of Reliance Capital, which was last year put under administration due to defaults and governance issues.
- To submit expression of interest (EOI) was extended by two weeks to give access to the latest information before they make financial bids.
- HDFC Ergo, Bandhan Financial Holdings, Cholamandam Investment, Adani Finserv, Yes Bank, Edelweiss Alternative, International Asset Reconstruction Company are among 54 companies to have submitted their EOI.
- According to the sources, the vast majority of the bidders have submitted EOIs bid for the entire company.
- Others have bid for one or more subsidiaries of Reliance Capital.
- Companies have two options: they can either bid for the entire Reliance Capital or any one or more of its eight clusters (subsidiaries of Reliance Capital).
- RBI subsequently filed an application for initiation of corporate insolvency resolution process against the company at the Mumbai bench of the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT).
- The RBI appointed administrator invited EOI for sale of Reliance Capital.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs March 27
7. Bank of Maharashtra bags best bank award from Kerala bankers’ body:
- To-Bank of Maharashtra (BoM)
- The best bank award
- Under-Public sector category
- By-State Forum of Bankers’ Clubs Kerala (SFBCK).
- Kerala’s Industries and Commerce Minister P Rajeevehanded over the award to BoM Managing Director S. Rajeev.
- The award for 2020-21 was given upon analysing performance with a 360-degree view on various business parameters included growth in deposits, advances, net profit, capital adequacy, credit deposit ratio, quality of assets, profit per employee and return on assets.
- It has entered into the mid-sized bank category after declaring its Q3 FY22 results with a business mix of Rs 3,15,620 crore.
- Bank has registered a net profit of Rs 325 crore for Q3 FY22 with a growth of 111 per cent over previous year along with the highest ever net profit of Rs 796 crore during this period.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs March 27
8. India test-fires MRSAM off Odisha coast:
- India test fired an Army version of the Medium range surface to air missile (MRSAM) from Chandipur Integrated Test Range (ITR) in Odisha.
- MRSAM-Army missile system flight tested from ITR Balasore at around 1030 Hrs intercepting a high speed Aerial Target at Long Range.
- The target was destroyed by the missile in a direct hit.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 27
9. India, UAE to establish Investment Council as part of CEPA:
- India and the UAE have agreed to set up a technical council on Investment, Trade Promotion and Facilitation, as part of the Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) signed between the two countries.
- To boosting bilateral trade to USD 100 billion over a five-year period and creation of lakhs of jobs.
- The pact covers areas including goods, services, rules of origin, customs procedures, government procurement, intellectual property rights, and e-commerce.
- Reduce or eliminate customs duties on the maximum number of goods traded between them.
- The UAE is India’s third-largest trade partner.
- Bilateral trade between India and the UAE stood at USD 43.3 billion in 2020-21.
- Exports were worth USD 16.7 billion and imports aggregated at USD 26.7 billion in 2020-21.
- The two-way commerce stood at USD 59.11 billion in 2019-20.
10. Tripartite agreement signed to promote yak dairy enterprise in Nepal:
- The International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD)
- The Surketham Dairy Cooperative Limited (SDCL)
- The Nepal Dairy Private Limited (NDPL) signed the pact.
- The initiative aims to develop a viable yak-based business model to generate attractive and sustainable employment opportunities for rural youth in the Kangchenjunga landscape of Nepal.
- Challenges imposed by climate change and socioeconomic drivers have reduced interest in yak herding.
- In 2009, the Surketham Dairy Cooperative Limited, an institution formed by the yak and cattle farmers in Panchthar district, Nepal, ventured into yak dairy processing.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 27
11. CISF conducts multi-agency counter-terrorist mock drill at Delhi Metro station:
- At Delhi Metro’s DilliHaat INA station to check the preparedness and response of various agencies.
- More than 640 personnel drawn from the national disaster response force (NDRF), Delhi police SWAT (special weapons and tactics), Delhi metro rail police, national security guard (NSG), Delhi disaster management authority, fire department, civil defence, traffic police, district police and health services reached the spot and conducted a joint operation with the CISF.
- The CISF is guarding 249 stations of the rapid rail metro network in the national capital region and it has deployed about 12,500 personnel to provide a counter terrorist cover to the facility that is used by about 26-30 lakh passengers daily.
12. Khadi and Village Industries Commission rolls out major employment spree in Rajasthan:
- KVIC distributed 200 electric potter wheels to potters, 240 waste wood toolkits to Carpenters and 10 dona paper plate making machines to 450 local artisans in Jodhpur.
- KVIC Chairman Vinai Kumar Saxena distributed the machines to these khadi artisans from Jaisalmer, Barmerand Nagaurdistricts that have been trained by KVIC.
- The distribution of machines will create direct employment for nearly 1100 people, these beneficiaries also include 170 BPL families.
- These potters have been empowered under KVIC’s flagship scheme “KumharSashaktikaranYojana” which aims at reviving the dying art of pottery and empowering the marginalized potter community.
13. Amit Shah inaugurates Integrated Command and Control Centre in Chandigarh:
- In Chandigarh under which around 2,000 CCTV cameras have been installed.
- The ICCC has been integrated with major citizen services such as water, electricity, sewage, etc.
- Punjab Governor and Chandigarh Administrator BanwarilalPurohitwas also attended the ceremony.
- ICCC is a step that will not only make Chandigarh safe but will also improve delivery of citizen-centric services.
- The Home Minister also inaugurated the new office building of Chandigarh Housing Board in Sector 17 here.
14. Anurag Thakur arrives in Dubai to participate in India Pavilion in Dubai Expo 2020:
- Thakur experienced 3D Augmented Reality (AR) and also requested people to visit the India Pavilion at Dubai Expo.
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M K Stalin, who is in the United Arab Emirates to attend Dubai Expo 2022, invited UAE investors to invest in the state.
- Indian startups are leaping ahead in Dubai Expo and views on a #MadeinIndiadrone exhibited at the #IndiaPavilionand also interacted with an artisan carving a statue out of wood at India Pavilion at @expo2020dubai #IndiaAtDubaiExpo.
15. Country’s `first aluminium-body metro train’ flagged off, to be used by Pune Metro:
- Was flagged off at an event held at Uttarpara, Kolkata.
- The train was flagged off by Manoj Joshi, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs and Maha Metro MD DrBrijesh Dixit.
- Maha Metro is the implementing agency for the metro project in Pune.
- Two lines of the Pune metro project have been recently launched and passenger services on remaining lines will soon start.
16. AP Governor inaugurates RashtriyaSanskritiMahotsav at Rajahmundry:
- 12th RashtriyaSanskritiMahotsavat the Arts college grounds in Rajahmundry.
- Governor called upon the people to strive hard for preserving the national integrity and also promoting the cultural bond with the true spirit of freedom movement.
- AjadikiAmrutMahotsavwas reminding the people of the great sacrifices made by the people with patriotic spirit and inspire them to strive unitedly for the accelerated development of the country.
17. First Vision India @2047 commences in Hyderabad:
- Organised by the Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India, and VijnanaBharati(VIBHA)
- Commenced at the CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Technology.
- There is a need to remember our great scientists from pre-independent India, laid the road for progress of science in our country.
- the topics for discussion were selected with focus on five themes – Climate Change, One Health, Energy Security, S&T for meeting Sustainable Development Goals, and Applications of Artificial Intelligence for Water, Agriculture and Environment Management to develop a roadmap for Atmanirbhar Bharat 2047.
- Decisions for welfare of the society are taken at the ministerial level, the onus of delivering them depends on the national laboratories.
- Therefore, the laboratories have a major role in taking science forward in the country.
- Followed by inauguration, two thematic sessions where spoke on “Contribution of scientists to freedom movement” and “The Science & Technology Achievements Since Independence”.
18. Bihar to become the first state to implement dynamic map to track land ownerships:
- New technological interventions are leading to better management and ease of living.
- The dynamic map will automatically get updated, each time land ownership changes hands.
- Aim – to reduce legal disputes.
About the Initiative:
- The state has seen almost 37,000 cases of land disputes and others.
- The move aimed to implement dynamic maps is taken as the state government’s initiative to resolve the issue of long-pending land reforms.
- It is pertinent to mention that the state Assembly has recently passed the Bihar Land Mutation Amendment Bill, 2021, that made the mutation of maps mandatory.