Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
July 4 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. Who became the highest run-getter in women’s cricket across formats?
A) Mithali Raj
B) Meg Lanning
C) Marizanne Kapp
D) Ellyse Perry
E) Suzie Bates
Answer: A) Mithali Raj
- India captain Mithali Raj became the highest run-getter in women’s cricket across formats, overtaking former England skipper Charlotte Edwards .
- Mithali achieved the feat during the third and final inconsequential ODI against hosts England while chasing 220 for a consolation win.
- The talismanic India batter got to the milestone with a boundary down the ground off Nat Schiver in the 23rd over.
- Mithali now became the world’s most prolific batter in women’s internationals, overtaking Edwards’ 10,273 runs.
- India Women had already lost the three-match ODI series to England Women after losing the first two WODIs.
2. The Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 Trophy will start in which date?
A) March 26
B) November 12
C) October 27
D) October 20
E) February 23
Answer: D) October 20
- The BCCI announced the schedule for the 2021-22 domestic cricket season in India.
- The season will commence on September 21 with the Senior Women’s One Day League and will be followed by the Senior Women’s One Day Challenger Trophy, which will take place from October 27.
- The Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 Trophy will be the first event of the men’s competitions and will be played from October 20 to November 12.
- The coveted Ranji Trophy, which was cancelled last season due to the COVID-19 pandemic, will be played in a three-month window from November 16, 2021 to February 19, 2022.
- The Vijay Hazare Trophy – India’s 50-over tournament for men – will take place from February 23, 2022 to March 26, 2022.
- A total of 2127 domestic games will be played this season across various age groups in the men’s & women’s category.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
3. Which company launches IP Accelerator programme in India to help businesses secure trademark?
Answer: D) Amazon
- E-commerce major Amazon announced the launch of its Intellectual Property Accelerator (IP Accelerator) programme in India to provide sellers, who are also brand owners, with access to services from IP experts and law firms.
- These sellers, including small and medium-sized sellers, can choose to engage with these IP law firms to help secure trademarks, protect their brands and tackle infringement, on Amazon.in and Amazon websites globally.
- The process of obtaining a trademark registration with the Intellectual Property India, Trademarks Registry (IN TMR) can run up to as long as 18-24 months.
- The IP Accelerator Program helps them navigate this process by connecting businesses with trusted IP law firms that are subject matter experts in this field with experience in drafting trademark and other IP registration applications.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
4. Doom: The Politics of Catastrophe is authored by whom?
A) Ashok Chakravarti
B) SK Joshi
C) Ruskin Bond
D) Tahira Kashyap Khurrana
E) Niall Ferguson
Answer: E) Niall Ferguson
- JALLIANWALA BAGH is authored By VN Datta and Nonica Datta and published by Penguin.
- Operation Khukri: The untold story of Indian Army’s bravest peacekeeping mission abroad author by Major General Rajpal Punia published by Penguin Random House India.
5. Which Radio has been honored with two awards in the National Award presented by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting?
A) Vishwas 90.2 Community Radio
B) Vishwas 90.3 Community Radio
C) Vishwas 90.4 Community Radio
D) Vishwas 90.5 Community Radio
E) Vishwas 90.8 Community Radio
Answer: E) Vishwas 90.8 Community Radio
- Radio Vishwas 90.8 Community Radio has been honored with two awards in the National Award presented by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Delhi.
- Nashik’s Radio Vishwas provides free audio lessons to school students amid COVID-19, bags two prizes at National Community Radio Awards.
- The eighth National Community Radio Award-2020 was recently announced.
- According to sources, received first place in the Sustainability Model Awards category.
- The award consists of Rs 50,000 and a certificate.
- In the Thematic Awards category, the second prize has been received.
- The award consists of Rs 30,000 and a certificate.
- Awareness of ‘Shikshan Sarvansathi’ (Education for all) of ‘Shikshan Sarvansathi’, the third to tenth Marathi medium syllabus was broadcast on Radio Vishwas jointly by Radio Vishwas 90.8 Community Radio and Prashant Patil Mitramandal(Friends circle).
- It was broadcast by six community radios in Maharashtra.
- This facilitated education during the Covid 19 period.
- These awards are given in recognition of the work done in the spirit of absolute social interest.
- Entries were also invited for the Most Innovative Community Engagement Award, Promoting Local Culture Award.
- There are 316 community radios in India.
6. Herat would soon be included into United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)’s World Cultural heritage site list. Herat is related to which country?
D) New Zealand
Answer: C) Afghanistan
- Afghanistan’s historic city of Herat would soon be included into United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)’s World Cultural heritage site list.
- The UNESCO also provided $30,000 to the Afghan government to use for gathering data regarding the the city.
- Government numbers claim that the city, which lies in western Afghanistan has a total of 830 cultural sites.
- The Afghan government wrote to UNESCO in 2020 requesting that Herat city be put on the world cultural heritage list.
- Herat boasts of several historical sites and heritages, and has always been one of the main destinations for foreign tourists in Afghanistan.
- Prominent sites of the city include the shrine of saint Khawja Abdullah Ansari, also known as Qal’ah-i Ikhtiyaruddin fort.
7. Which Police launches ‘Veerangana on Wheels’ initiative to check crime against women?
Answer: B) Shimla
- Shimla Police launched the “Veerangana on Wheels” initiative to check crime against women in the city.
- As part of the effort, women cops will patrol the city on two-wheelers to help women in distress.
- Satya Kaundal, Mayor of Shimla Municipal Corporation flagged off six two-wheelers as part of the “Veerangana on Wheels” initiative.
8. Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) initiated a project by planting 5,000 saplings of special bamboo species in which state?
Answer: D) Rajasthan
- To reduce land desertification and provide livelihood, Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) initiated a project by planting 5,000 saplings of special bamboo species in Rajasthan.
- The project named ‘Bamboo Oasis on Lands in Drought’ (BOLD) was launched from the tribal village Nichla Mandwa in Udaipur, Rajasthan, by KVIC Chairman Vinai Kumar Saxena in presence of local MP Arjun Lal Meena and over 2000 local villagers.
- Project BOLD, which seeks to create bamboo-based green patches in arid and semi-arid land zones, is aligned with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s call for reducing land degradation and preventing desertification in the country.
- Under the project, 5,000 saplings of special bamboo species – Bambusa Tulda and Bambusa Polymorpha brought from Assam – have been planted over 25 bigha (16 acres) of vacant arid Gram Panchayat land.
- The initiative has been launched as part of KVIC’s ‘Khadi Bamboo Festival’ to celebrate 75 years of independence “Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav”.
- KVIC is set to replicate the project at Dholera village in Ahmedabad district in Gujarat and Leh-Ladakh region by August this year.
- India is a signatory to the UN Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD).
9. Dihing Patkai National Park is situated in which state?
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: B) Assam
- Assam Minister for Environment and Forest Parimal Suklabaidya formally inaugurated the Dihing Patkai National Park.
- It is a red-letter day for Dibrugarh and Tinsukia districts and the state as a whole that the Dihing Patkai has been created as the seventh National Park, the minister said at a function organised here to mark the occasion.
- Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma had declared Dihing Patkai as a National Park on June 5 – the World Environment Day- and the official process was completed with the publication of the notification on June 15.
- Two national parks, including Raimona National Park in the Bodoland Territorial Region, have come up within the first month of the second BJP government in the state.
10. Who lays foundation stone of 5 Eklavya Model Residential Schools in Jharkhand?
A) Dr Harsh Vardhan
B) Rajnath Singh
C) Shri Prahlad Singh Patel
D) Kiren Rijiju
E) Arjun Munda
Answer: E) Arjun Munda
- Union Minister of Tribal Affairs Shri Arjun Munda laid foundation stone for construction 5 Eklavya Residential Model Schools (EMRS) on 3rd and 4th July, 2021 in three districts of Jharkhand
- The very first foundation stone of Eklavya Model Residential School was laid by Union Minister Shri Arjun Munda in Rajnagar block at Seraikela- Kharsawan District in the presence of Smt. GeetaKoda, MP from Chaibasa Parliamentary Constituency; Shri Champai Soren, Minister SC ST and OBC Development of Jharkhand Government and senior officers from the state administration in Jharkhand.
- Shri Arjun Munda also laid Found stone of Eklavya schools at Haatgamharia and Majhgaon blocks of West Singhbum.