Daily Current Affairs July 30& 31
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs July 30& 31. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
July 30& 31| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs July 30& 31
1. International Friendship Day is observed on?
A) July 30
B) July 28
C) July 31
D) July 29
E) August 01
Answer: A) July 30
|Date||Day||1st Observed||Edition||Observed By||Theme||Others|
|July 30||International Friendship Day||2011||UN||Sharing the human spirit through friendship|
|August 1 to 7||World Breastfeeding Week 2022||1991||WHO, UNICEF||Step Up for Breastfeeding: Educate and Support||celebrated by 170 countries|
Sports – Daily Current Affairs July 30& 31
2. SanketSargar clinched Silver in weightliftingunder which category?
Answer: C) 55kg
|Silver||SanketSargar||Weightlifting||Men’s 55kg||248kg (113 snatches, 135 clean & jerk)|
|Bronze||Gururaja Poojary||Weightlifting||Men’s 61kg|
|Gold||MirabhaiChanu||Weightlifting||Women’s 49 kg|
|Silver||Bindyarani Devi Sorokhaibam||Weightlifting||Women’s 55 Kg||202 Kg|
|Gold||Jeremy Lalrinnunga||Weightlifting||men’s 67 kg||300 kg(140 snatches, 160 clean & jerk)|
|Silver||Rimita||Shooting||10m air rifle|
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs July 30& 31
3. RBI imposed restrictions on how many co-op banks?
Answer: B) 3
- The Reserve Bank of India has imposed several restrictions, including on the withdrawal of funds, on three cooperative banks in view of their deteriorating financial condition.
- With imposition of restrictions on Jaiprakash Narayan Nagari Sahakari Bank, Basmatnagar, depositors will not be able to withdraw funds from their accounts.
- That depositors of Karmala urban co-operative Bank, Solapur, can only withdraw up to Rs 10,000 from their accounts.
- The RBI has also imposed restrictions on Durga Co-operative Urban Bank, Vijayawada, customers can withdraw up to Rs 1.5 lakh from their deposits.
- The restrictions imposed on the three banks under the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 the Reserve Bank would remain in force for six months and are subject to review.
4. HDFC hiked lending rate by how many bps?
Answer: D) 25
- HDFC increases its Retail Prime Lending Rate (RPLR) on housing loans, on which its Adjustable Rate Home Loans (ARHL) are benchmarked, by 25 basis points (bps), with effect from August 1, 2022.
- This is the fifth hike effected by HDFC in two months.
- In all the rate has been increased by 115 basis points since May this year.
- The revised rates for new borrowers range between 7.80 per cent and 8.30 per cent, depending on credit and loan amount.
- The existing range is 7.55 per cent to 8.05 per cent.
- HDFC follows a 3-month cycle for repricing its loans to existing customers.
- So, the loans will be revised in sync with the increased lending rate based on the date of the first disbursement of each customer.
- Financial institutions are on an interest rate hike spree following the increase in repo rate by 40 basis points and 50 basis points, respectively, announced by the RBI in May and June.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs July 30& 31
5. GeM achieved total procurement value of how many crores?
A) 270483 crore
B) 270384 crore
C) 270843 crore
D) 270834 crore
E) 270348 crore
Answer: B) 270384 crore
- The Government e-Marketplace (GeM) has since its inception achieved a total procurement value of Rs 2,70,384 crore as of July 25, 2022, Union Minister of State for Commerce and Industry Anupriya Patel.
- The Government of India set up the GeM in 2016 as an e-marketplace to revolutionise public procurement in India by leveraging technology.
- The Union Cabinet, in its meeting held on June 1 2022, gave its approval for expanding the mandate of GeM to allow procurement by cooperatives as buyers on GeM.
- Previously, public procurement in India was characterized by inefficient, opaque, and time consuming manual processes conducted offline, complicated by a fragmented and complex policy landscape.
- GeM’s approach is underlined by a commitment to three pillars of transparency, efficiency and inclusiveness.
6. Share of goods and services export in India’s GDP raised to how many percent from 18.7 pc in 2020-21?
Answer: E) 21.4%
- The share of export of goods and services in India’s gross domestic product (GDP) rose to 21.4 per cent in the financial year 2021-22 from 18.7 per cent recorded in the previous year, the government data showed.
- India’s export of goods and services rose to Rs 50,63,885 crore in the financial year 2021-22 while the country’s GDP stood at Rs 2,36,64,637 crore during the year, Minister of State for Commerce and Industry Anupriya Patel.
- The overall share of goods exports in GDP has increased from 10.9 per cent in 2020-21 to 13.3 per cent in 2021-22.
- In the financial year 2017-18, the share of export of goods and services stood at 18.8 per cent of the GDP.
- It rose to 19.9 per cent in 2018-19, but declined to 18.7 per cent in 2019-20.
- During the financial year 2020-21, the share of export of goods and services stood steady at 18.7 per cent of the GDP.
7. Sebi imposed penalty of how many lakhs on IIFL Securities?
A) 40 lakh
B) 35 lakh
C) 25 lakh
D) 60 lakh
E) 50 lakh
Answer: C) 25 lakh
- Capital markets regulator Sebi imposed a penalty of Rs 25 lakh on IIFL Securities for flouting regulatory norms in the matter related to ICICI General Lombard Insurance Company block deals back in 2019.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) conducted an investigation into the block deals executed by FAL Corporation Ltd in the scrip of ICICI General Lombard Insurance Co Ltd to check for any manipulation of reference price considered for execution of the block deal trades.
- This was for the April 2019 to September 2019 period.
Sebi penalises BSE for its subsidiary buying stake in Indus Water without prior approval:
- Sebi imposed a penalty of Rs 3 lakh on BSE Ltd for indirectly engaging in works that were unrelated to its activities as a stock exchange without the regulator’s approval.
- The order came after Sebi examined investments made by BSE Ltd to ascertain whether the firm had engaged in activities which were not related to its activity as a stock exchange without approval of Sebi as on March 2021.
- The regulator found that BIL, a separate legal entity and a wholly-owned subsidiary of BSE Ltd, had acquired an 8 per cent stake in Indus Water Institute Ltd.
- The latter provides support to entrepreneurs in water and clean technologies.
8. Torrent Power bought Wind Two Renergy for how many crores?
A) 32.51 crore
B) 31.51 crore
C) 33.51 crore
D) 34.51 crore
E) 35.51 crore
Answer: A) 32.51 crore
- Torrent Power has acquired 100 per cent stake in Wind Two Renergy Private Ltd (WTRPL) for Rs 32.51 crore from Inox Green Energy Services.
- The company has acquired 3,25,10,000 equity shares of WTRPL at a face value of Rs 10 each.
- WTRPL has 50MW power generation capacity and had a turnover of Rs 35.01 crore in 2021-22.
9. Pranay Kumar Verma appointed India’s next High Commissioner to which of the following country?
Answer: C) Bangladesh
|Country/Company/ State/Organisation/ Financial Institute||Appointed||Succeeded||Tenure Period||Others|
|Ambassador Vietnam||Sandeep Arya||Pranay Kumar|
|Bangladesh High Commissioner||Pranay Kumar Verma||Vikram Doraiswami|
|UK High Commissioner||Vikram Doraiswami|
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs July 30& 31
10. IISc Bangalore signed MoU with who among the following for collaborative research?
A) Indian Air Force
B) IIT Madras
C) Indian Army
D) IIT Mumbai
E) Indian Navy
Answer: E) Indian Navy
- The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and the Indian Navy have signed an MoU to collaborate on aviation research and development, and to ramp up self-reliance efforts for the Indian Navy, in line with the goals of ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’.
- The MoU, provides a formal basis for the Indian Navy to interact with relevant faculty members at IISc and will promote joint research programs in areas of mutual interest’
- The areas of collaboration under this MoU will fall under the domain of Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering, including design and education technology.
- Specializations that will be under focus include Propulsion and Propulsion Systems, Steel Technology, Metallurgy, and Material Sciences, and Corrosion Science; Systems and Controls, Instrumentation and Sensors; Environmental Science and Engineering, Energy Science and Engineering; Management (Technical and Logistics), Industrial Engineering and Operational Research, Nanotechnology and MEMS (Micro Electro Mechanical Systems), Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics, and Machine Learning.
- The collaboration will also foster regular interactions between IISc faculty members and officers of the Indian Navy.
Environment and Energy- Daily Current Affairs July 30& 31
11. PM Modi laid foundation stone for NTPC green energy projects worth how many crores?
A) 4800 cr
B) 5600 cr
C) 5400 cr
D) 5200 cr
E) 5800 cr
Answer: D) 5200 cr
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of various green energy projects of National Thermal Power Corporation Limited worth over Rs 5,200 crore, and launch power sector’s revamped distribution sector scheme as well as the national solar rooftop portal.
- He will participate in the grand finale marking the culmination of ‘Ujjwal Bharat Ujjwal Bhavishya — Power @2047’ at 12:30 PM via video conferencing.
- During the programme, the prime minister will launch the revamped distribution sector scheme.
- He will also dedicate and lay the foundation stone of various green energy projects of NTPC.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs July 30& 31
12. Bilateral trade with which of the following country touched USD 15bn in FY’22?
Answer: B) Thailand
- The bilateral trade between India and Thailand reached an all time high of around USD 15 billion in 2021-22 as the domestic market remains attractive for Thai investors, said Union Minister of State for External Affairs Rajkumar Ranjan Singh.
- Thailand is the fourth largest trading destination for India in the ASEAN region.
- The Indian market remains attractive for Thai investors.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs July 30& 31
13. Who among the following minister attended Drug Trafficking and National Security Conference in Chandigarh?
A) External Affairs
B) Prime Minister
C) Finance Minister
D) Home Minister
E) Defence Minister
Answer: D) Home Minister
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah attended the Drug Trafficking and National Security Conference in Chandigarh.
- On the clarion call of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to celebrate Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) under the leadership of Union Home Minister took a pledge to destroy 75,000 kilograms of drugs on 75 years of Independence.
- This is the first such national conference where the Union Home Minister, Chief Ministers of different states and the different drug enforcement agencies will all be on one platform.
14. Which of the following state CM inaugurated, laid foundation stones of projects worth Rs 29.74 cr in Jaisinghpur?
B) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: B) Himachal Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jairam Thakur inaugurated and laid foundation stones of development projects worth Rs 29.74 crore in Jaisinghpur assembly segment.
- These projects included the inauguration of Rs 1.79 crore Causeway over Juh Nullah on Pantehar to Kunjeshwar Mahadev road, 50-bedded additional block of civil hospital Jaisinghpur constructed at a cost of Rs 4.46 crore, Rs 6.46 crore Kanwar Durga Chand government ITI building at Balakrupi and fire brigade station building at Jaisinghpurconstructed at a cost of Rs 4.17 crore, Rs 2.56 crores gravity irrigation scheme Chhatrul, Rs 2.67 crore lift water supply scheme Macchui, Rangdu, Nadli, Soura, Gharchindi and block development office building Lambagaon constructed at a cost of Rs 4.06 crores.
- He also laid the foundation stone of sub tehsil office building at Panchrukhi to be constructed with an outlay of Rs 3.57 crore.
15. Centre of Excellence for onion to come up in which of the following state?
B) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: D) Punjab
- To provide farmers a substitute to the conventional crops, the Punjab government has decided to set up a Centre of Excellence for onion at Village Kheri in Sangrur district,Punjab.
- This would be the third Centre of Excellence to be established in Dutch collaboration in Punjab, said Horticulture Minister Fauja Singh Sarari.
16. Which of the following state CM laid foundation for World Trade Centre in Ranchi?
B) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: A) Jharkhand
- Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren laid the foundation stone for a World Trade Centre (WTC) here to give impetus to exports by having all facilities for international trade under one roof and generate employment opportunities for youth of the mineral-rich state.
- The WTC will connect Jharkhand’s trade to other states of the country as well as abroad.
17. Who among the following suggested people to use ‘tiranga’ as profile picture on social media between Aug 2-15?
A) External Affairs
B) Prime Minister
C) Finance Minister
D) Home Minister
E) Defence Minister
Answer: B) Prime Minister
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that the ‘Har GharTiranga’ movement will be held from August 13-15, and urged citizens of the country to use ‘tiranga’ as their profile picture in social media accounts between August 2 and August 15.
- “Under the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, from the 13th to the 15th of August, a special movement – ‘Har GharTiranga’ is being organized.
- Let us further this movement by hoisting the National Flag at our homes,” said Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
18. Tata Steel will spend how many crores on R&D?
A) 5000 cr
B) 7000 cr
C) 4000 cr
D) 6000 cr
E) 3000 cr
Answer: E) 3000 cr
- Tata Group is planning to spend Rs 3,000 crore on R&D by FY26 and is set to roll out the ‘First in India’ seating system for Vande Bharat Express trains from September 2022.
- The steel-to-salt conglomerate is also targeting to be among the top 5 technology firms in the steel industry globally by 2030.
- Tata Steel’s Composites division bagged a Rs 145 crore bulk order for seating systems of the Vande Bharat express that includes the supply of complete seating systems for 22 train sets, with 16 coaches in each train set.
- These are specially designed seats, which can rotate 180 degrees and have aircraft-style passenger amenities.
- This is ‘first-in-India’ kind of a supply, which will be executed over 12 months starting September 2022.
- Vande Bharat Express, also known as Train 18, is the second fastest train in India, which operates at a speed of 130 km/hr.
19. RDSS projects worth how many crores to strengthen power infra proposed for Ladakh?
A) 1272 crore
B) 1572 crore
C) 1172 crore
D) 1472 crore
E) 1327 crore
Answer: C) 1172 crore
- Union Territory of Ladakh may garner projects worth Rs 1,172 crore under revamped distribution sector scheme (RDSS) to strengthen power infrastructure, with an aim to supply electricity to every home by 2024.
- The flagship revamped distribution sector scheme is aimed at improving the operational efficiencies and financial sustainability of the power corporations and departments.
- In Ladakh, under RDSS, projects worth Rs 1,172.12 crore have been proposed under which Rs 144.60 crore is proposed for loss reduction works, Rs 627.64 crores for electrification of the Changthang region, and Rs 58.50 crore for works in Zanskar region.
- In modernisation and system strengthening component works worth Rs 341.47 crore has been proposed for the Union Territory.
- Ladakh envisages to gradually reduce the transmission and distribution losses from 48.17 per cent in the base year 2020-21 to 27.85 per cent by 2024-25.
- They expect that in Ladakh, no house would be left without electricity by 2024.
20. WB govt inked MoU with which of the following state to prevent migration & trafficking of women?
B) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: C) Maharashtra
- The West Bengal government has inked a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Maharashtra government to prevent migration and trafficking of women since a lot of movement of people takes place between the two states.
- West Bengal Women and Child Development and Social Welfare Minister Dr Shashi Panja said to help save children from being trafficked and fall prey to other forms of cyber abuse, the state is telling students and heads of colleges and universities to build awareness about the online menace of cyberbullying, trafficking and other forms of abuses among the students.
21. Which of the following state celebratedShravaniTeej festival with traditional reverence & gaiety?
B) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: E) Rajasthan
- In Rajasthan, the ShravaniTeej festival is being celebrated with traditional reverence and gaiety.
- Special religious programs are being organized in the temples on this occasion.
- The procession of Teej will be taken out in Jaipur and other places of the state.
- Teej festival is a festival to bestow happiness, prosperity and good fortune to women.
- Women keep fast to wish their husbands a long life.
- A two-day Teej festival is being organized by the tourism department in Jaipur.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Science and Technology
Environment and Energy