Daily Current Affairs July 29
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs July 29. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
July 29| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs July 29
1. International Tiger Day is observed on?
A) July 29
B) July 28
C) July 27
D) July 26
E) July 25
Answer: A) July 29
|Day||1st Observed/ Founded||Edition/ Anniversary||Observed By||Theme||Others|
|July 29||International Tiger Day||2010||Not Announced|
|July 28||World Nature conservation day||Cut Down on Plastic||
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs July 29
2. RBI imposed restrictions on how many UP-based cooperative banks?
Answer: C) 2
- The Reserve Bank has imposed several restrictions, including on fund withdrawals, on two Uttar Pradesh-based cooperative banks in view of their deteriorating financial position.
- The two lenders are Lucknow Urban Co-operative Bank and Urban Co-operative Bank Limited, Sitapur.
- The restrictions under the Banking Regulation Act will remain in force for six months.
- Customers of Lucknow Urban Co-operative Bank will not able to withdraw more than Rs 30,000.
- The withdrawal limit in the case of Urban Co-operative Bank is Rs 50,000 per customer.
RBI imposes monetary penalty on Gauhati Co-operative Urban Bank:
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a monetary penalty on Guwahati-based Gauhati Co-operative Urban Bank Limited for non-compliance with KYC-related compliance.
- RBI has imposed, by an order dated July 28, 2022, a monetary penalty of Rs 50,000 on the Gauhati Co-operative Urban Bank Limited, Guwahati (the bank), for non-compliance with Know Your Customer (KYC) directions.
Bank credit rises 12.89 pc; deposit 8.35 pc: RBI data:
- Bank credit rose by 12.89 per cent to Rs 122.81 lakh crore and deposits by 8.35 per cent to Rs 168.09 lakh crore in the fortnight ended July 15.
- In the fortnight ended July 16, 2021, advances stood at Rs 108.78 lakh crore and deposits at Rs 155.14 lakh crore, according to the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) Scheduled Banks’ Statement of Position in India as on July 15, 2022.
- In the previous fortnight ended July 1, 2022, bank credit grew by 13.29 per cent and deposits by 9.77 per cent.
- In FY22, bank credit rose by 8.59 per cent and deposit by 8.94 per cent.
3. Transfer of bad loans to NARCL likely to start by which month?
Answer: E) September
- The National Asset Reconstruction Company (NARCL), which was supposed to start functioning in April, is yet to begin the process of acquiring stressed loans from banks.
- No banks have begun the transfer of loans yet and the same is likely to start only by the end of the September quarter.
- In the first phase, the NARCL was supposed to acquire bad loans amounting Rs 50,000 crore by April 2022.
- However, it seems the NARCL is taking much longer to get its operations in place than expected.
- MD and CEO of Punjab National Bank (PNB) Atul Kumar Goyal while announcing the quarterly results of the bank told media that in the first phase PNB will be transferring eight accounts with bad loans amounting to Rs 2,486 crore will be transferred by the end of September quarter.
- It is likely to acquire Rs 2 lakh crore of stressed loans from the banking sector.
- The lenders will receive 15% upfront cash payment and the rest in the form of security receipts (SRs) guaranteed by the government of India for their face value.
- The guarantee is for Rs 30,600 crore.
4. Which of the following Bank opened first currency chest in Patna?
A) DBS Bank
B) Bandhan Bank
C) Axis Bank
D) Bank of Maharashtra
Answer: B) Bandhan Bank
- Bandhan Bank announced the opening of its first currency chest in Deedargunj in Bihar capital Patna.
- This will help the private lender manage cash for its branches and ATMs there.
- This currency chest will also help its customers, micro, small, medium enterprises and small traders with supply of currency notes to the bank branches and the ATMs as and when required.
5. Which of the following bank launched special monsoon offer; waives charges on loans?
A) DBS Bank
B) Bandhan Bank
C) Axis Bank
D) Bank of Maharashtra
Answer: D) Bank of Maharashtra
- State-owned Bank of Maharashtra (BoM) announced a monsoon offer, waiving the full processing fee on its housing and car loans.
- Under ‘Retail Bonanza-Monsoon Dhamaka’ starting August 1, a slew of special offers for its retail customers is being launched amid the festive season.
- The bank offers housing and car loan with rates starting from 7.30 per cent and 7.70 per cent, respectively.
- The retail products are backed by several features like three free EMIs on regular repayment in housing loans, loan facility up to 90 per cent in the car and housing loans, no pre-payment / pre-closure / part payment Charges etc.
- The bank is also facilitating hassle-free gold loans up to Rs 25 lakh at a 7.70 per cent rate with zero processing fees up to Rs 3 lakh.
- It has set up ‘Gold Loan Point’ – a dedicated counter in its various branches to facilitate the loan within 15 minutes.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs July 29
6. Pharmaceutical products exports report how many percent growth in April-June this year?
Answer: A) 146%
- There has been a 146 percent increase in pharmaceutical products exports from April to June this year over the same period in 2013.
- Chemical and Fertilizers Minister Mansukh Mandaviya said, India’s Healing Hand to the World, the exports of Made in India pharmaceutical products continue to touch new heights.
7. Sebi imposed how many lakhs on two individuals for facilitating front running activities?
A) 23 lakhs
B) 25 lakhs
C) 21 lakhs
D) 24 lakhs
E) 22 lakhs
Answer: C) 21 lakhs
- Capital markets regulator Sebi levied fines totalling over Rs 21 lakh on two individuals for indulging in front-running trades in the matter of Quest Investment Advisors Pvt Ltd.
- Through an order, Sebi levied a fine of Rs 21.52 lakh on Jasmine Piyush Karia and Piyush VasantbhaiKaria.
- The order came after Sebi conducted an investigation into the trading activities of certain entities alleged to be front-running the trades of Quest Investment Advisors Pvt Ltd for the period March 2019 to July 2020.
8. India received highest ever FDI inflow of over how many crores in FY 2021-22?
A) 4 lakh crore
B) 7 lakh crore
C) 5 lakh crore
D) 8 lakh crore
E) 6 lakh crore
Answer: E) 6 lakh crore
- India received its highest ever Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inflow of Rs 6,31,050 crore in Financial Year 2021-22 said Som Parkash, Minister of State in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- The FDI Equity inflow in manufacturing sectors has increased to Rs 1,58,332 crore in the financial year 2021-22 from Rs 89,766 crore in the previous year, making it an increase of 76 per cent.
- The increase in FDI inflows is a result of the measures taken by the Government on FDI policy reforms.
- A transparent and liberal policy was adopted in order to attract Foreign Direct Investment.
- Strategically important sectors are open for 100 per cent FDI under the automatic route.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs July 29
9. IIFL Finance have hoe many percent stake IIFL Samasta Finance?
Answer: B) 99%
- IIFL Finance has raised its stake in subsidiary company IIFL Samasta Finance by acquiring over 12.4 crore shares from wholly-owned arm IIFL Home Finance for Rs 259 crore.
- With this additional holding representing 25 per cent of equity share capital, the stake of IIFL Finance has increased to 99.41 per cent from 74.41 per cent earlier in IIFL Samasta.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs July 29
10. Indian Navy received two MH 60R multi-role helicopters from which of the following country?
Answer: D) USA
- The Indian Navy received two MH 60R multi-role helicopters from the United States at the Cochin International Airport.
- The copters were delivered by the Special Air Assignment Mission Flight of the US Air Force.
- The helicopters were part of the 24 MH 60 R Multirole helicopters being procured by India from the United States at a cost of over 14,000 crore rupees.
- The first three helicopters delivered last year in the US are being utilized for training the Indian Navy crew.
- Another helicopter is scheduled to be delivered on the 22nd of next month.
- These helicopters will be initially based at the Naval Air Station INS Garuda in Kochi and will be put through intensive flying trials for integration into the Navy’s fleet operations.
- The delivery of all the 24 MH 60 R multirole helicopters will be completed by 2025.
- The induction of these helicopters will significantly boost the integral Anti-Submarine Warfare capability of the Indian Navy.
11. Indian Air Force will retire all squadrons of MiG-21 Bison aircraft by which year?
Answer: A) 2025
- The Indian Air Force will retire one more squadron of the MiG-21 Bison aircraft by September 30 and phase out the remaining fleet by 2025, as the recent fatal crashes of the Soviet-era fighter jets intensified safety concerns and force authorities to step up the induction of LCA Tejas aircraft.
- Only three squadrons of the planes would be left in service and would be phased out by the year 2025.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs July 29
12. India,UAE and which of the following country hold trilateral talk to boost maritime security?
Answer: C) France
- A trilateral meeting of the Focal Points of India, France and the United Arab Emirates was held where three sides exchanged views on the Indo-Pacific region and explored the prospects of maritime security among other areas of cooperation.
- The Indian side was led by Sandeep Chakravorty, Joint Secretary (Europe West) and Vipcustomerul, Joint Secretary (Gulf), the French side was led by Bertrand Lortholary, Director (Asia and Oceania) and Emmanuel Suquet, Deputy Director (Middle East and North Africa) of the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs, and the Emirati side was led by Ahmed Burhaima, Deputy Director of the Economic and Trade Affairs Department of the UAE Foreign Ministry.
- The three sides exchanged perspectives on the Indo-Pacific region and explored the potential areas of trilateral cooperation including Maritime Security, Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR), Blue Economy, Regional Connectivity, Cooperation in Multilateral Fora, Energy and Food Security, Innovation and Startups, Supply Chain Resilience and Cultural and People-to-People Cooperation.
- They also discussed the next steps to be taken for furthering trilateral cooperation in the Indo-Pacific region.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs July 29
13. Over how many lakh Health and Wellness Centres functioning under Ayushman Bharat scheme?
A) 3 lakh
B) 5 lakh
C) 2 lakh
D) 4 lakh
E) 1 lakh
Answer: E) 1lakh
- Over one Lakh 20 thousand Health and Wellness Centres are functioning in the country under the Ayushman Bharat programme by the end of June this year.
- He said, the government is supporting the States and Union Territories for transforming about one lakh 50 thousand Sub-Health Centres and rural and urban Primary Health Centres across the country as Ayushman Bharat – Health and Wellness Centres (AB-HWCs) by the end of this year.
- The Minister said, the government is making all efforts to provide Comprehensive Primary Health Care including prevention and health promotion at the community level with the continuum of care.
14. Which of the following state CM announced Rs 5,000 for every household under FOCUS+ scheme?
A) Tamil Nadu
E) West Bengal
Answer: B) Meghalaya
- Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad Sangma launched FOCUS+, an expansion of his flagship initiative FOCUS, to benefit all households across Meghalaya.
- Financial aid of Rs 5,000 per household will be provided directly to the beneficiaries’ bank accounts.
- Under FOCUS+, households would be provided with a FOCUS+ card as an Identification and a cash transfer of Rs 5,000 as a family benefit.
- FOCUS+ will provide an opportunity for families to take up additional activities and contribute toward agriculture value chain development.
- The scheme was launched at an event held at Resubelpara in the North Garo Hills district.
- It is likely to provide aid to large sections of Meghalaya’s rural population and will look to transform the lives of the people of the state.
- Meghalaya got a top rating in NITI Aayog’s Innovation Index, ranked among the best in the Startup ecosystem, global awards, and recognition.
- The state looks to be on course to realizing its vision of being among the top 10 states in 10 years.
15. PM Modi launched India’s first international bullion exchange in which of the following state?
A) Tamil Nadu
E) West Bengal
Answer: D) Gujarat
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched India’s first International Financial Services Centre (IFSC) at the Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City) near Gandhinagar.
- The prime minister will also lay the foundation stone for the headquarters building of the International Financial Services Centres Authority.
- Apart from that, Modi will launch NSE IFSC-SGX Connect platform.
- Under this system, all orders on Nifty derivatives placed by members of Singapore Exchange Limited (SGX) will be routed to and matched on the NSE-IFSC order matching and trading platform.
- The Connect platform will deepen liquidity in derivative markets at GIFT-IFSC.
16. Ola signed PLI agreement with which of the following ministry for local battery cell manufacturing?
A) Ministry of Heavy Industries
B) Ministry of Finance
C) Ministry of Power
D) Ministry of Renewable Energy
E) Ministry of MSME
Answer: A) Ministry of Heavy Industries
- Electric vehicle manufacturer Ola Electric signed an agreement with the Ministry of Heavy Industries for local manufacturing of advanced cells in India under the production-linked incentive (PLI) scheme.
- Ola Electric is the only Indian EV company selected by the government under its ambitious Rs 80,000 crore cell PLI scheme, receiving the maximum capacity of 20 GWh for its bid in March.
- Ola had recently unveiled India’s first indigenously developed lithium-ion cell, NMC 2170 and is investing heavily in developing core R&D to create indigenous advanced cell technologies.
- To begin mass production of its cell from its upcoming 50 GWh Gigafactory, Ola has already roped in global suppliers from Germany, Korea, Japan and other hubs.
- Ola’s upcoming Battery Innovation Center (BIC), to be operationalised in August, will be the cornerstone for core cell tech development and battery innovation out of India for the world.
17. Which of the following state Cabinet gave nod to custom milling policy for kharif season?
A) Tamil Nadu
E) West Bengal
Answer: C) Punjab
- The Punjab Cabinet gave its nod to the custom milling policy ‘The Punjab Custom Milling Policy for Kharif 2022-23” for kharif season 2022-23 under which government agencies will be able to procure paddy after getting the crop processed at rice mills.
- The policy stipulates that the designated mills will deliver the rice fetched from paddy stored up March 31, 2023 directly to the Food Corporation of India.
- The Kharif Marketing Season (KMS) 2022-23 will start from October 1, 2022 and the procurement of paddy will be completed by November 30.
- The state’s food, civil supplies & consumer affairs department issues the custom milling policy every year before the commencement of the kharif marketing season.
18. Indian Oil Corporationwill invest Rs 564 crore in which of the following state?
A) Tamil Nadu
E) West Bengal
Answer: E) West Bengal
- State-owned Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) will invest around Rs 564 crore in various projects in West Bengal this fiscal.
- Executive director and state head of West Bengal sales office (WBSO) Pritish Bharat told reporters here that the projects are catalytic dewaxing plant at Haldia, augmentation of Paradip-Haldia-Durgapur pipeline, and crude pipeline in Haldia.
- Of them, Haldia projects will attract Rs 240 crore.
- IOC will also commission a new LPG bottling plant at Kharagpur at a cost of Rs 208 crore, taking its total number to six in the state.
- Bharat said the company presently has four CNG pumps in Kolkata and 19 in West Bengal.
- Plans are there to increase the number by another two in the city and 10 more in the state during 2022-23.
- The IOC has a market share of 52 percent in the retail petrol and diesel and 60 percent in the LPG segment.
- The company has seven bulk storage tanks for petrol and diesel at Howrah, Durgapur, Haldia (two), Malda, Siliguri and Budge Budge.
19. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inauguratedwhich edition of Chess Olympiad in Chennai?
Answer: B) 44th
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi opened FIDE 44th Chess Olympiad in Chennai.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business and Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers