Daily Current Affairs August 11
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs August 11. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
August 11 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
IMPORTANT DAYS – Daily Current Affairs August 11
1. Javelin Throw Day is observed on which date?
A) August 10
B) August 4
C) August 9
D) August 8
E) August 7
Answer: E) August 7
- The Athletics Federation of India (AFI) decided to name August 7 as ‘Javelin Throw Day’ in India to honour Neeraj Chopra’s first historic Olympic gold.
SPORTS – Daily Current Affairs August 11
2. Shakib Al Hasan bagged ICC player of the month in July 2021. Shakib Al Hasan is related to which country?
Answer: D) Bangladesh
- The International Cricket (ICC) announced Bangladesh all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan and West Indies captain Stafanie Taylor have been voted as the winners of the ICC Player of the Month for July 2021.
OBITUARY – Daily Current Affairs August 11
3. Dr Balaji Tambe passed away. He was related to which field?
B) Ayurveda practitioner
Answer: B) Ayurveda practitioner
- Dr Balaji Tambe, an Ayurveda practitioner and proponent of Yoga, died.
- The founder of “Atmasantulana Village”, a holistic healing centre near Lonavla, Tambe had written various books on spirituality, Yoga and Ayurveda.
RANKING – Daily Current Affairs August 11
4. What is the rank of India in new Global Youth Development Index?
Answer: B) 122
- Released By: Commonwealth Secretariat in London.
- Countries: 181
5. Which country was the most polluted country across the world in 2020 prepared by British company HouseFresh?
Answer: D) Bangladesh
|1||Hotan , China|
|2||Ghaziabad , Uttar Pradesh|
- While the Chinese city of Hotan in Xinjiang province has been named the most polluted city, Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh took the second spot on the list with an average PM2.5 concentration of 106.6µg/m3.
- PM2.5 refers to fine particulate matter suspended in the air that is two and a half microns or less in width.
BANKING AND FINANCE – Daily Current Affairs August 11
6. ADB and IIFL Home Finance sign how much amount deal to promote green housing in India?
A) $1 million
B) $6 million
C) $5 million
D) $4 million
E) $2 million
Answer: A) $1 million
7. The RBI has imposed a penalty of how much amount on Gadhinglaj Urban Co-operative Bank Limited, Gadhinglaj, Maharashtra, for contravention of certain norms?
A) Rs 20 lakh
B) Rs 30 lakh
C) Rs 50 lakh
D) Rs 40 lakh
E) Rs 10 lakh
Answer: E) Rs 10 lakh
- The RBI said it has imposed a penalty of Rs 10 lakh on Gadhinglaj Urban Co-operative Bank Limited, Gadhinglaj, Maharashtra, for contravention of certain norms.
- In a separate statement, the RBI said it has also imposed a penalty of Rs 2 lakh each on Maharashtra-based Malkapur Urban Cooperative Bank Limited, Malkapur, and Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Urban Co-operative Bank Limited, Nagpur, for contravention of certain norms.
8. Which Bank has been empanelled by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) as an ‘Agency Bank’ to conduct banking business for the Central and State Governments?
A) Kotak Mahindra Bank
B) IndusInd Bank
C) Punjab National Bank
D) RBL Bank
E) Bank of Maharashtra
Answer: D) RBL Bank
- The authorisation will enable RBL Bank to handle a broad range of transactions related to government business, such as distributing Subsidies, Pension payments, collecting Central and State taxes including Income Tax, Excise Duties, Customs, GST, Stamp Duty, Registration, State Excise (VAT) and professional tax, in both online and offline modes.
9. NABARD sanctions how much amount so far during year under RIDF assistance to Goa govt?
A) Rs 317.72 crore
B) Rs 417.72 crore
C) Rs 517.72 crore
D) Rs 617.72 crore
E) Rs 217.72 crore
Answer: E) Rs 217.72 crore
- NABARD said that it has sanctioned Rs 217.72 crore so far during year under Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) assistance to Goa government.
- NABARD has sanctioned loans worth Rs 188.81 crore for Construction of Super Speciality Block, Bambolim and Enhancement of Solid Waste Treatment Plant, Saligao under Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) to the Government of Goa for various Social infrastructure Projects in the State, taking the cumulative sanctions to ₹ 217.72 crore during 2021-22.
10. The RBI will start imposing penalty on banks in case the ATMs remain out-of-cash for a total period of 10 hours in a month from ______?
A) May 1, 2022
B) December 1, 2021
C) September 1, 2021
D) November 1, 2021
E) October 1, 2021
Answer: E) October 1, 2021
- Concerned over the inconvenience caused to the public due to the non-availability of cash in ATMs, the Reserve Bank has decided to penalise banks for failure to timely replenish currency notes in such machines.
- The RBI will start imposing penalty on banks in case the ATMs remain out-of-cash for a total period of 10 hours in a month from October 1, 2021, onwards.
APPOINTMENTS – Daily Current Affairs August 11
11. Ganga Prasad has taken additional Charge of governor of Manipur. He was serving governor of which state?
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: C) Sikkim
- Sikkim Governor Ganga Prasad was given the additional charge of Manipur while Arunachal Pradesh Governor B. D. Mishra was given the additional responsibility of Mizoram.
12. B Nagabhushana Reddy appointed as new High Commissioner of India to which country?
Answer: C) Malaysia
- B Nagabhushana Reddy has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to Malaysia.
13. Who is appointed as brand ambassador of Unacademy?
B) Salman khan
C) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
D) Sonu Sood
E) Narain Karthikeyan
Answer: C) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
AWARDS – Daily Current Affairs August 11
14. Which IIT won the prestigious Best Entrepreneurial Skill Training Project award?
A) IIT Kharagpur
B) IIT Kanpur
C) IIT Mandi
D) IIT Hyderabad
E) IIT Madras
Answer: B) IIT Kanpur
- IIT-Kanpur has won the prestigious Best Entrepreneurial Skill Training Project award for its ‘Tech for Tribal’ program at the inaugural Van Dhan Annual awards of the Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED).
15. Which state has bagged seven prestigious national awards in the Van Dhan Vikas Yojana (VDVY) and Minimum Support Price (MSP) schemes for exemplary performance in various categories?
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: E) Nagaland
- Nagaland has bagged seven prestigious national awards in the Van Dhan Vikas Yojana (VDVY) and Minimum Support Price (MSP) schemes for exemplary performance in various categories.
- The VDVY and MSP for Minor Forest Produce (MFP) scheme focus on farmers’ entrepreneurship programmes through processing, packaging, branding and marketing of locally available products, according to an official statement issued.
- Nagaland topped in three categories – Best Survey, Best Training and the most number of Van Dhan Vikas Clusters (VDVKCs) established.
INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS – Daily Current Affairs August 11
16. Which country host a ‘Summit for Democracy’, virtually, on December 9-10?
Answer: C) USA
- In line with his campaign message on foreign policy, U.S. President Joe Biden will host a ‘Summit for Democracy’, virtually, on December 9-10, around three themes: “Defending against authoritarianism”, “Fighting corruption”, and “Promoting respect for human rights”.
- The summit will gather together heads of state, civil society, philanthropy, and the private sector.
NATIONAL AFFAIRS – Daily Current Affairs August 11
17. India has successfully tested the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)-developed Indigenous Technology Cruise Missile off the coast of Odisha’s Balasore district. What is the range of this missile?
A) 250 km
B) 350 km
C) 450 km
D) 550 km
E) 150 km
Answer: E) 150 km
- As per the sources, the missile flew for around 150 km with an indigenous cruise engine.
Earlier, on July 23 India had successfully test-fired indigenously developed New Generation Akash Missile (Akash-NG), a Surface to Air Missile defence system in Balasore.
- It was the second test firing of the 30 km strike-range air defence missile systems in two days.
18. Amit Shah chairs _____ meeting of Parliamentary Committee on Official Language?
Answer: D) 36th
19. Which Ministry has launched a loan interest subvention scheme in association with UNIDI and GEF to provide financial assistance for innovative waste to energy biomethanation projects?
A) Education Ministry
B) New and Renewable Energy Ministry
C) Health Ministry
D) Culture Ministry
E) Agriculture Ministry
Answer: B) New and Renewable Energy Ministry
- The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) said it has launched a loan interest subvention scheme in association with UNIDO and GEF to provide financial assistance for innovative waste to energy biomethanation projects.
- United Nations Industrial Development Organisation & The Global Environment Facility (GEF)
- A GIS-based inventory tool of organic waste streams developed under the GEF-MNRE-UNIDO project was also launched during a webinar.
20. Which state Govt announces award named after former PM Rajiv Gandhi for firms excelling in IT sector?
Answer: D) Maharashtra
- Maharashtra government in a resolution announced that it has decided to introduce an award which would be named after former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi for the firms that are excelling in the Information Technology (IT) sector in the state.
- These awards will be felicitated for their best work in the IT sector, said the resolution.
- For the social and economic development of the country, the usage of science and technologies is the center point and late Rajiv Gandhi had pressed for results-oriented usage of Information technology and science technology for the nation.
21. Govt sets target of achieving 175 Giga Watt of Renewable Energy capacity excluding large hydro by ____?
A) December 2022
B) December 2023
C) December 2024
D) December 2025
E) December 2026
Answer: A) December 2022
- Minister of New and Renewable Energy and Power R. K. Singh said, the Government has set a target of achieving 175 Giga Watt of Renewable Energy capacity excluding large hydro by December 2022.
- In a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha, Mr Singh said that a total of 98.44 Giga Watt of renewable energy capacity has been cumulatively installed in the country as on the 30th of June this year which includes 1.49 Giga Watt of off-grid and decentralised capacity.
22. Who addressed the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Annual Meeting 2021 via video conferencing?
A) Ram Nath Kovind
B) Narendra Modi
C) Arjun Munda
D) Venkaiah Naidu
E) Ashwini Vaishnaw
Answer: B) Narendra Modi
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi addressed the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Annual Meeting 2021 via video conferencing.
- During the meeting, the industry leaders appreciated the Prime Minister’s commitment towards reforms in various sectors, in order to achieve the goal of a $5 trillion economy.
- Speaking on the theme of the meeting ‘India@75: Government and Business working together for AatmaNirbhar Bharat’, they gave inputs and suggestions to overcome infrastructural challenges, enhance manufacturing capacity, make the financial sector more vibrant, boost the technical prowess of India to attain a leadership position in the technology sector, among other things.
23. Chief Election Commissioner of India inaugurates ____Annual Meeting of the Forum of the Election Management Bodies of South Asia (FEMBoSA) for 2021?
Answer: E) 11th
- Chief Election Commissioner of India and current Chairman, FEMBoSA
Shri Sushil Chandra accompanied by Election Commissioners Shri Rajeev Kumar and Shri A. C. Pandey, today inaugurated the 11th Annual meeting of the Forum of the Election Management Bodies of South Asia (FEMBoSA) for the year 2021.
- The meeting in Virtual mode was hosted by the Election Commission of Bhutan. Along with India, delegations from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka participated in the day-long meeting.
24. ____ edition of the National Public Procurement Conclave (NPPC) was organized by Government e-Marketplace (GeM) in association with the Confederation of Indian Industry [CII]?
Answer: B) 5th
- The 5th edition of the National Public Procurement Conclave (NPPC) was organized by Government e-Marketplace (GeM) in association with the Confederation of Indian Industry [CII] on August 9th&10th, 2021 on the theme “Technology enabled Government Procurement – Towards Efficiency, Transparency, and Inclusiveness”.
- The conclave was inaugurated virtually by Minister of State for Commerce and Industry, Smt. Anupriya Patel on August 9, 2021 in the presence of Shri BVR Subrahmanyam, Secretary Commerce and Chairman GeM.