Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 9 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. Play True Day is observed on which date?
A) 8 April
B) 9 April
C) 7 April
D) 5 April
E) 1 April
Answer: B) 9 April
- The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) is celebrating the Play True Day 2021 on April 9, which is dedicated to clean sport is aimed at raising awareness among athletes and other sporting figures about the importance of protecting it.
- Since 2014, in April of every year, the WADA and the anti-doping community worldwide celebrate “Play True Day”.
- WADA celebrates the day with athletes, anti-doping organizations, sports federations, major event organizers, and other anti-doping stakeholders from the global clean sport community.
- This year’s theme is “What does Play True mean to you?”.
CRPF Valour day:
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Valour Day is observed on 9 April.
- On this day in 1965, a small contingent of CRPF fought against a Pakistani brigade on Sardar Post in the Rann of Kutch, Gujarat.
- The CRPF men eliminated 34 Pakistani soldiers and captured four alive.
2. Philip passed away. He was prince of which country?
Answer: A) UK
- Prince Philip, the husband of Queen Elizabeth who played a leading figure in the British royal family for almost seven decades, has died aged 99.
- The Duke of Edinburgh, as he was officially known, had been by his wife’s side throughout her 69-year reign, the longest in British history, during which time he earned a reputation for a tough, no-nonsense attitude and a propensity for occasional gaffes.
Philip – UK’s Prince , husband of Queen Elizabeth II.
BANKING AND FINANCE
3. Which small finance bank announced its new savings account ‘Rewards123’ that offers benefits and value to customers when they transact digitally using the bank account?
A) Airtel Payments Bank.
B) India Post Payments Bank.
C) Fino Payments Bank.
D) Jio Payments Bank.
E) Paytm Payments Bank.
Answer: A) Airtel Payments Bank.
- Airtel Payments Bank announced its new savings account ‘Rewards123’ that offers benefits and value to customers when they transact digitally using the bank account.
- Customers can get ‘Rewards123’ at an annual fee of Rs 299 and avail benefits ranging from certain cashback per month on payments for prepaid recharges, post-paid, broadband, landline, and DTH bill payments, load money benefits and shopping rewards.
- Other benefits include zero minimum balance, and free Platinum Online Mastercard Debit Card.
- The new savings bank account offers regular benefits throughout the year up to Rs 960.
Customers can easily open or upgrade to Rewards123 through the Airtel Thanks app using Video KYC.
Airtel Payments Bank – ‘Rewards123’ savings account; offers benefits on digital transactions.
4. Jeep India has tied up with which bank to launch Jeep Financial Services, which will curate financial solutions for Jeep customers and Jeep brand dealer?
A) DBS Bank
B) Canara Bank
C) Indian Bank
D) ICICI Bank
E) Axis Bank
Answer: E) Axis Bank
- Jeep India has tied up with Axis Bank to launch Jeep Financial Services, which will curate financial solutions for Jeep customers and Jeep brand dealers.
Jeep India + Axis Bank – Launch Jeep Financial Services.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
5. Lakshadweep Adventure is authored by whom?
A) Sarath Dalal
B) Deepak Dalal
C) Sathish Dalal
D) Hari Dalal
E) Dant Dalal
Answer: B) Deepak Dalal
- Deepak Dalal is authored Lakshadweep Adventure is published by Penguin.
- Life in the Uniform is authored by Amit Lodha published by Penguin.
- Actor Divya Dutta lends voice to the audio version of her debut book, “Me and Ma”, announced publishing house Penguin Random House India (PRHI)
6. Dutee Chand is related to which sports?
B) Table Tennis
Answer: E) Athlete
- Dutee Chand, the Jakarta Asian Games silver-medalist in 100 and 200 metres, will receive Chhattisgarh Veerni Award.
- The award, instituted by the Chhattisgarh state government, recognises contribution of Indian women in different fields, including sports.
- In 2019, the Odisha sprinter became the first Indian woman to win a gold medal at the World University Games held in Italy.
- Dutee, who holds the national record of 11.22 secs in 100m.
Dutee Chand – Chhattisgarh Veerni Award.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
7. Which IIT has developed the world’s first micro-sensor based Explosive Trace Detector (ETD)?
A) IIT Madras
B) IIT Bhuvaneswar
C) IIT Bombay
D) IIT Kharagpur
E) IIT Kanpur
Answer: C) IIT Bombay
- The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)-Bombay incubated startup NanoSniff Technologies has developed the world’s first micro-sensor based explosive trace detector (ETD) which will be marketed by IIT Delhi-incubated startup Vehant Technologies.
- To be branded and marketed as ‘NanoSniffer’, the device has been developed for the first time in the world using a micro-electromechanical system (MEMS), with its core technology being protected by patents in the US, Europe and India.
- A fully made in India product in terms of R&D and manufacturing, the indigenously developed ETD device can detect explosives in less than 10 seconds and it also identifies and categorizes explosives into different classes.
- It detects all classes of military, conventional and homemade explosives.
- NanoSniffer provides trace detection of nano-gram quantities of explosives and can accurately detect a wide range of military, commercial and homemade explosives threats.
- Further analysis of the algorithms also helps in categorization of explosives into the appropriate class.
- According to Kapil Bardeja, CEO of Vehant Technologies and Director, Nanosniff technologies, the device has been priced at Rs 10 lakh, one-third of the existing similar devices by global peers.
IIT Bombay – Launch world’s first microsensor-based explosive detector.
8. Centre approves Rs 1,210 cr highway projects in which state?
B) Andhra Pradesh
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: D) Uttarakhand
- The Centre has approved 28 highway projects worth Rs 1,210.17 crore in Uttarakhand.
- These projects are for building 231.04 kms of highways.
- These include strengthening work of National Highway-309B on EPC (engineering, construction and procurement) mode in Uttarakhand under State Public Works Department (PWD) with a budget of Rs 48.19 crore.
- Besides, “construction of Rudraprayag tunnel of length 900.30 Mtr including approaches and one major bridge on river Alaknanda connecting NH-107 (Old NH-109) to NH-07 (Old NH-58) on EPC mode in the State has been sanctioned under State PWD with a budget Rs 248.51 Cr”, Gadkari said.
- The projects include rehabilitation and upgradation of Askot – Lipulekh on EPC basis for Phase-I under project Hirak of Border Roads Organisation (BRO) under the Bharatmala Pariyojna with a budget of Rs 603.92 crore.
Centre – Rs 1,210 cr highway projects in Uttarakhand.
9. Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana has completed six years. This Yojana is founded in which year?
Answer: B) 2015
- Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana has completed six years. It is a scheme under which loans of up-to 10 Lakh rupees are provided to the non-corporate, non-farm, small and micro enterprises.
- Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana was launched on 8th April 2015. In these years, more than 28 crore 68 lakh loans have been sanctioned.
- The amount of these loans is around 15 lakh crore rupees with about 52,000 rupees being the average ticket size of the loans.
Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana – Complete six years; loans worth Rs 15 lakh cr sanctioned so far.
10. Which state will launch a ‘Crushing Curve’ campaign involving mass vaccination in a revamped fight against the Covid-19 virus?
B) Madhya Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: E) Kerala
- The Kerala State Health Department will launch a ‘Crushing Curve’ campaign involving mass vaccination in a revamped fight against the Covid-19 virus that has forced two of its mass leaders, including the Chief Minister and one of his predecessors into isolation/quarantine in hospital.
- This represents a natural corollary to the ‘Break the Chain’ and ‘Back to Basics’ campaigns popularized earlier.
Kerala – Launch ‘Crushing Curve’ mass vaccination drive.
11. Which state CM announces financial aid to teachers?
A) Tamil Nadu
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: C) Telangana
- Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao has decided to release ₹2,000 financial assistance and 25 kg rice free of cost through the fair price shops per month to the teachers and other staff of the recognised private educational institutions in the State as they were facing problems due to shutting down of the educational institutions due to the pandemic.
Telangana CM – Announce financial aid to teachers.
12. Which minister is organizing a conference on Homoeopathy – Roadmap for Integrative Medicine at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi?
A) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
B) Ministry of Health
C) Ministry of Women
D) Ministry of Education
E) Ministry of AYUSH
Answer: E) Ministry of AYUSH
- Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy (CCRH) under Ministry of AYUSH is organizing a conference on Homoeopathy – Roadmap for Integrative Medicine on 10th -11th April 2021, at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi on the occasion of World Homoeopathy Day to commemorate birth anniversary of Dr Samuel Hahnemann, the founder of Homoeopathy.
- The objective for this conference would be exchange of experience by policy makers and experts to identify strategic actions towards an effective and efficient inclusion of Homoeopathy in integrative care.
- During the inauguration, CCRH intends to launch the Homoeopathic Clinical Case Repository, a database aimed at compiling cases treated through Homoeopathy from practitioners across the country to build up evidence base towards Homoeopathy.
E-library of CCRH would also be launched on the occasion.
- Publications of CCRH enhancing translation of research to clinical practice and education would also be released.
CCRH – Two-day conference to be organised on ‘Homoeopathy – Roadmap for Integrative Medicine’.