Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 8 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. International Romani Day is observed on which date?
A) 2 April
B) 3 April
C) 5 April
D) 7 April
E) 8 April
Answer: E) 8 April
International Romani Day:
- The International Romani Day (April 8) is a day to celebrate Romani culture and raise awareness of the issues facing Romani people.
- The day was officially declared in 1990 in Serock, Poland, the site of the fourth World Romani Congress of the International Romani Union (IRU), in honor of the first major international meeting of Romani representatives, 7–12 April 1971 in Chelsfield near London.
World Health Day:
- Each year, the World Health Organisation (WHO) selects a theme highlighting a particular priority area of public health.
- The theme for this year’s global health awareness day is “Building a fairer, healthier world”.
World Health Day History:
- In 1948, the WHO organised the first World Health Assembly which called for the creation of a “World Health Day”.
- In 1950, the first World Health Day was celebrated on April 7 and since then, it is observed every year on the same day.
- The main aim of the day is to create awareness of a specific health theme to highlight a priority area of concern for the World Health Organization.
International Day of Reflection on the 1994 Rwanda Genocide:
- It is observed on April 7.
- April 7, 2004 was recognized as an international observance the International Day of Reflection on the 1994 Rwandan genocide by the United Nations.
- Commemorative events were held in several major cities including Kigali, Rwanda; New York City, United States; Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania; and Geneva, Switzerland.
International Day of Sport for Development and Peace – 6 April
- International Day of Sport for Development and Peace is observed on April 6.
- The day as the name suggests is marked to celebrate the positive contribution of sports towards sustainable development and advancement of human rights.
- The day came into existence after the UN General Assembly passed resolution 67/296 in 2013.
2. Nethra Kumanan is related to which sports?
Answer: D) Sailor
- Nethra Kumanan became the first Indian woman sailor to qualify for the Olympics after she was assured of a top-place finish in the laser radial event of the Asian Qualifiers in Oman.
- Kumanan will be the 10th Indian to qualify for a sailing event in the Olympics, but all the earlier nine have been male athletes.
- Nachhatar Singh Johal (2008), Shroff and Sumeet Patel (2004), F Tarapore and Cyrus Cama (1992), Kelly Rao (1988), Dhruv Bhandari (1984), Soli Contractor and A A Basith (1972).
Nethra Kumanan – First Indian woman sailor to qualify for Olympics.
BANKING AND FINANCE
3. U GRO Capital partners with which bank to launch credit card for MSMEs?
A) Canara Bank
B) Bank of India
C) DBS India
D) HSBC India
E) SBM Bank India
Answer E) SBM Bank India
- Lending fintech platform U GRO Capital announced its partnership with SBM Bank India towards the launch of ‘GRO Smart Business’ credit card, powered by RuPay, along with EnKash.
- These are a range of secured credit cards specially designed for underbanked micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs).
- These can be availed by the U GRO Capital borrowers against a fixed deposit with SBM Bank India.
- The credit card offers a gateway to smart banking features with the aim to empower MSME entrepreneurs to solve multiple financial challenges.
- These include meeting immediate expenses like purchases of equipment and supplies, manage vendor payments, make business utility bill payments, as well as managing reimbursements for travel and entertainment expenses of employees.
- Further with the Fixed Deposit facility, MSME borrowers would be able to build a long-term wealth-creating asset.
Features of the Credit card:
- Card type: Corporate-owned Individual liability
- Limit: 90% of FD amount
- Joining & Annual Fees: Zero
- Finance Charges: 1.99% (monthly)
- Interest free period/Cash advance interest-free period: Max. 50 days
- Cash Advance limit: 30%
- The card shall have a ‘Tap-To-Pay’ functionality for contactless payments and can be used to withdraw cash from the ATMs upto a certain limit of the total credit limit at a charge
Features of the Fixed Deposit:
- Amount: Rs. 10,000 – Rs. 10 lakhs
- Tenure: 1-5 years
- Rate of Interest: 7.5% (fixed)
- Required Documentation: AADHAR based OKYC & e-PAN verification (No hard documents required)
- Time required to open the Fixed Deposit: 3 hrs
U GRO Capital + SBM Bank India – Launch credit card for MSMEs.
4. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a loan of how much amount to improve transport connectivity and road maintenance in the Chennai-Kanyakumari Industrial Corridor (CKIC) in Tamil Nadu?
A) $434 million
B) $424 million
C) $474 million
D) $444 million
E) $484 million
Answer: E) $484 million
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a loan of $484 million to improve transport connectivity and road maintenance in the Chennai-Kanyakumari Industrial Corridor (CKIC) in Tamil Nadu.
- The CKIC is part of India’s East Coast Economic Corridor, which stretches from West Bengal to Tamil Nadu and connects India to the production networks of Southeast and East Asia
- The project will upgrade about 590 km of State highways in the CKIC influence areas.
ADB – $484-mn loan to improve connectivity, maintenance of CKIC.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
5. ReNew Power commissions 110 MW solar capacity in which state?
A) Tamil Nadu
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: E) Rajasthan
- ReNew Power said it has commissioned a 110 megawatt (MW) solar generation facility in Rajasthan.
- As part of the project, ReNew has signed a Power Purchase Agreement with Solar Energy Corporation of India at a tariff of Rs 2.49/kWh and will provide clean energy to the state.
ReNew Power – Commission 110 MW solar capacity in Rajasthan.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
6. Which institution has indigenously developed Oxygen enrichment unit– A potential multifaceted Life Saver?
Answer: E) CSIR-CMERI
- An Oxygen enrichment unit is a device, which concentrates the Oxygen from the air around us by selectively removing nitrogen to supply an oxygen-enriched air.
- The concentrated Oxygen is delivered to the patients, having respiratory diseases, through oxygen mask or nasal cannula.
- The device may be used in remote places, homes or hospital like facilities for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases (COPD), chronic hypoxemia and pulmonary edema.
- It may be used as an adjunct treatment for severe sleep apnea (in conjunction with a continuous positive airway pressure unit).
- The CSIR-CMERI indigenously developed Oxygen enrichment unit works on the principle of Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) and utilizes Zeolite Columns to selectively remove nitrogen from air under certain pressure, thereby increasing the Oxygen Concentration.
- The subsystems of oxygen enrichment unit are Compressor, solenoid operated 3/2 valves, flow meter and Pre-Filter.
- The Compressor feeds pressurized air into the module and oxygen is enriched on the permeate side due to its preferential permeation over nitrogen.
- The suspended particles, viruses, bacteria present in the air are filtered out by the available HEPA filter.
- The unit has been tested in TUV Rheinland, Bangalore as per IEC 60601-1 3.1 edition: 2012 standard for Electrical Safety compliance whereas the oxygen enrichment percentage vis-a-vis outflow has been tested with CSIR-CMERI in-house facility.
- The Oxygen Enrichment Unit developed by CSIR-CMERI is capable of delivering up to 30 LPM Oxygen enriched air, which is absent in the other commercially available units.
- The machine can regulate flow with accuracy 0.5 Ipm. This facility will help in High Flow Oxygen Therapy, which is proven to be a better method in treatment and management of COVID-19 patients.
CSIR-CMERI – Oxygen Enrichment Unit – A potential multifaceted Life Saver.
7. Which organisation launches multipronged nationwide mass awareness campaign to bust myths about Covid 19 vaccination programme?
Answer: E) INYAS
- Secretary Department of Science & Technology (DST) Prof Ashutosh Sharma launched a multipronged nationwide mass awareness campaign on April 6 with information packages to bust myths about COVID 19 vaccination in 11 languages, including English and Hindi, make the immunization programme successful.
- The COVID-19 vaccination awareness campaign organized by Indian National Young Academy of Sciences (INYAS) will be carried out through COVACNEWS android-based mobile app made by INYAS for ensuring information at the fingertips.
- A pan-India info-graphic video and audio competition with motivation to transform information into better readable and effective formats is also being organised along with the GYAN TEEKA webinar series dedicated to increase awareness about vaccines through eminent speakers and open statement on COVID-19 vaccination.
INYAS – Multipronged nationwide mass awareness campaign to bust myths about Covid 19 vaccination programme.
8. Who launches portal and shopping corners to promote marketing of pure honey?
A) Amit Shah
B) Nirmala Sitharaman
C) Ramnath Kovind
D) Narendra Modi
E) Narendra Singh Tomar
Answer: E) Narendra Singh Tomar
- Agriculture minister Narendra Singh Tomar launched a portal – Madhukranti – to bring transparency by introducing traceability system in sourcing of honey.
- Tomar also launched Honey Corner – specially designed space in Nafed’s stores dedicated to sale of honey.
- Madhukranti portal, an initiative of National Bee Board (NBB, is being developed for online registration to achieve traceability source of Honey and other beehive products on a digital platform.
- The newly launched Madhukranti portal will check adulteration and contamination in honey.
- The system will have end-to-end record to track the source of honey.
- The government has also launched sale of honey from dedicated sale space at Nafed stores.
- The apex cooperative society is planning to develop honey corners in over 200 Nafed stores to promote marketing of honey and other beehive products.
Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Food Processing Industries:
Minister: Narendra Singh Tomar
Constituency: Morena, Madhya Pradesh
Narendra Singh Tomar – Portal and shopping corners to promote marketing of pure honey.
9. Who flagged off India Russia Friendship Car Rally 2021?
A) Amit Shah
B) Nirmala Sitharaman
C) Ramnath Kovind
D) Dr. Jitendra Singh
E) Narendra Singh Tomar
Answer: D) Dr. Jitendra Singh
- Minister of State in PMO Dr. Jitendra Singh flagged off India Russia Friendship Car Rally 2021.
- The event was organized by International Friendship Car Rally Association, IFCRA in New Delhi.
- The Car rally will take place in Russia from 18th to 20th April.
- This is the 5th IFCRA edition and there are 14 participants from IFCRA India representing the North East.
Dr. Jitendra Singh – Flag off India Russia Friendship Car Rally.
10. Who launched an initiative SARTHAQ which will help in the implementation of National Education Policy in the country?
A) Piyush Goyal
B) Nirmala Sitharaman
C) Ramnath Kovind
D) Dr. Jitendra Singh
E) Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
Answer: E) Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
- Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank launched an initiative SARTHAQ which will help in the implementation of National Education Policy in the country.
- The students and teachers holistic advancement through quality education, SARTHAQ has been initiated as a part of the Amrit Mahotsav celebrations.
- Union Ministers Dr Harsh Vardhan and Arjun Munda launch Tribal Health Collaborative- ‘Anamaya’.
- Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan and Tribal Affairs Minister Arjun Munda launched ‘Anamaya’- the Tribal Health Collaborative through video conference.
- A multi-stakeholder initiative supported by Piramal Foundation and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), Anameya’ will converge efforts of various Government agencies and organisations to enhance the health and nutrition status of the tribal communities.
Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank – SARTHAQ initiative for implementation of NEP.
11. The Centre has sanctioned over how much amount to the north-eastern states for an effective management of the COVID-19 pandemic?
A) Rs. 250 crore
B) Rs. 150 crore
C) Rs. 250 crore
D) Rs. 350 crore
E) Rs. 450 crore
Answer: A) Rs. 250 crore
- The Centre has sanctioned over ₹250 crore to the northeastern states for an effective management of the COVID-19 pandemic, Union minister Jitendra Singh said.
- Chairing a meeting of the Parliamentary Consultative Committee for the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) here, Singh said the fund has greatly helped in developing infrastructure for the management of COVID-19 and other infectious diseases.
Centre – ₹250 cr to northeastern states to deal with Covid-19.
12. Which organisation Conducts First-of-its-kind Regional Workshop to Accelerate Implementation of PMKVY 3.0 in North Eastern Region?
D) NITI Aayog
E) Skill India
Answer: E) Skill India
- With a vision to empower the youth of North Eastern Region(NER) with industry-relevant skills to enhance their productivity and contribute to the economy, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) conducted a first-of-its-kind regional workshop for Pradhan MantriKaushalVikasYojana (PMKVY) 3.0 in Gangtok, Sikkim.
- Key personnel of State Skill Development Missions (SSDMs) and District Skill Committees (DSCs) across all eight states – Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram Nagaland and Tripura participated in workshop.
- Aimed at learning from the best practices, understanding the challenges related to PMKVY 3.0, and building understanding about using technical platform – Skill India Portal (SIP), workshop witnessed participation of central / state officials.
- Several dignitaries including Shri Satish Chandra Rai, Advisor, Skill Development Department, Sikkim; Shri Praveen Kumar, Secretary, MSDE; Shri Atul Kumar Tiwari, Addl. Secretary, MSDE; Dr.Manish Kumar, MD & CEO, NSDC, Shri Sanjeev Kumar Jt. Director (Skill Development), MSDE; Smt. Ganga Devi Pradhan, Secretary, Skill Development Department, Sikkim among others attended the workshop.
- Various Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) also attended the workshop through video conferencing.
Skill Indai-1st Regional workshop to accelerate implementation of PMKVY 3.0 in North-eastern region.