Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 15 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. World Art Day is observed on which date?
A) April 13
B) April 12
C) April 15
D) April 16
E) April 17
Answer: C) April 15
- On April 15, World Art Day is celebrated across the globe.
- It commemorates art of different kinds coming from varying parts of the world.
World Art Day History:
- The first time this day was celebrated on April 15 was back in 2012.
- It also happens to be the birth anniversary of the renowned Italian artist
Leonardo Da Vinci.
- It was proclaimed at UNESCO’s General Conference’s 40th session in 2019.
- The International Association of Art is a partner of UNESCO that celebrates this day, it established its USA chapter in 2017.
2. Who named Wisden Almanack’s ODI player of the 2010s?
A) Sir Don Bradman
B) Virat Kohli
C) Sir Garfield Sobers
D) Imran Khan
E) Sir Ian Botham
Answer: B) Virat Kohli
- India captain Virat Kohli has been named Wisden Almanack’s ODI player of the 2010s, while England all-rounder Ben Stokes was declared the ‘Cricketer of the Year’ for a second successive time by the highly-rated annual publication.
- The 32-year-old Kohli, who made his ODI debut in August 2008 against Sri Lanka, is among the finest batsmen of all time, and has amassed a staggering 12,169 runs from 254 ODIs.
- Apart from Kohli, Wisden also named legendary Sachin Tendulkar as the ODI Cricketer of the 1990s.
- India’s World Cup winning former captain Kapil Dev too featured on the list when he was named as the ODI Cricketer for the 1980s.
- Dom Sibley, Zak Crawley, West Indian Jason Holder, Mohammed Rizwan and Darren Stevens were named Wisden Cricketers of the Year in the 2021 edition of Wisden Almanack.
- Also, Australia’s Beth Mooney was awarded ‘Leading Women’s Cricketer in the World’ while West Indian all-rounder Kieron Pollard was named the Leading T20 Cricketer in the World.
Virat Kohli – Wisden Almanack’s ODI cricketer of the 2010s.
3. Law Minister Abdul Matin Khasru passed away. He was related to which country?
A) New Zealand
Answer: E) Bangladesh
- Bangladesh erstwhile Law Minister Abdul Matin Khasru, who was tested positive for COVID-19 last month, passed away at Combined Military Hospital (CMH).
- An Awami League MP from Cumilla-5, Abdul Matin Khasru served the first Sheikh Hasina cabinet as law minister from 1997 to 2001.
Former minister and ex-Simdega MLA Neil Tirkey passes away:
- Former Minister in unified Bihar and ex-Simdega MLA Neil Tirkey passed away at Trauma Centre of Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences.
- Tirkey had represented Simdega in the year 2000 and 20005
Freedom fighter and Gandhian passes away in Belagavi:
- Sadashiv Rao Bhosle, freedom fighter, former MLA, veteran Gandhian and close associate of Vinoba Bhave, passed away.
- He was a member of the Assemblies in 1945 and 1952.
Currency: Bangladeshi Taka
President: Mohammad Abdul Hamid
Prime Minister: Sheikh Hasina
Abdul Matin Khasru – Bangladesh former law minister.
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) set up a new Regulations Review Authority (RRA 2.0) for a period of how many year?
Answer: E) 1
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) set up a new Regulations Review Authority (RRA 2.0) for a period of one year.
- The RRA will undertake a review of the central bank’s regulations and compliance procedures for streamlining them and making them more effective.
- The RRA will be set up from May 1, 2021, for a period of one year, unless the timeline is extended by the RBI.
- M Rajeshwar Rao, Deputy Governor, RBI will be head of the Regulations Review Authority.
- It is to be noted that RBI had established an RRA back in April 1, 1999, for a period of one year to review the regulations, circulars, reporting systems, based on the feedback from the public, banks, and financial institutions.
RBI to make first purchase of bonds worths Rs25,000 crore under G-SAP 1.0:
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will purchase bonds worth’s ₹25,000 as part of its security acquisition programme (G-SAP 1.0), under which it will buy bonds worth 1 lakh crore from the secondary market in the three months to June 30 (Q1 of the current financial year).
- The central bank’s ₹1 lakh crore bond-buying plan, which was announced last week, aims to control long-term interest rates amid a massive government borrowing programme.
- RBI announced that it is putting in place a secondary market government securities acquisition programme or G-SAP 1.0 for the financial year 2021-22 to enable an “orderly evolution of the yield curve.”
- The central bank asserted that the measure will ensure favorable financial conditions for the recovery to gain traction
Reserve Bank of India:
Act: Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Governor– Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors– 4 (one post vacant, Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao)
RBI – Set up Regulations Review Authority from May 1 for one year.
5. Which insurance company announces Corporate Agency tie up with Uttarbanga Kshetriya Gramin Bank?
A) Liberty General Insurance
B) Acko general insurance
C) Bharti AXA General Insurance
D) SBI General Insurance
E) Cholamandalam MS General Insurance
Answer: D) SBI General Insurance
- SBI General Insurance, one of the leading General Insurance companies in India, and Uttarbanga Kshetriya Gramin Bank, one of the key Banks in North Bengal, have signed a Corporate Agency Agreement recently.
- This association will enable distribution of SBI General’s retail products through Uttarbanga Kshetriya Gramin Bank’s extensive network in the state of West Bengal.
- Under this strategic tie-up agreement, SBI General Insurance will offer a comprehensive range of general insurance products.
SBI General Insurance:
Headquarters location: Mumbai
Key people: Prakash Chandra Kandpal (CEO)
SBI General Insurance – Announce Corporate Agency tie up with Uttarbanga Kshetriya Gramin Bank.
6. Which bank and Mastercard partner to offer first-of-its-kind, payment functionality in India?
A) DBS Bank
B) Canara Bank
C) ICICI Bank
D) HDFC Bank
E) RBL Bank
Answer: E) RBL Bank
- Private sector lender RBL Bank and Mastercard announced their partnership to launch a mobile based consumer-friendly payment solution – the Pay by Bank App, a first-of-its-kind payment functionality in India.
- RBL Bank account holders can now enjoy contactless transactions across the world through their mobile banking application both in-store and online.
- This functionality will be available at all Mastercard accepting merchants, worldwide that accept contactless and online payments.
- To provide enhanced security, ‘Pay by Bank App’ ensures that Bank customer’s payment credentials are never exposed to the merchant, making the transaction completely secure.
- Customers will continue to receive the Mastercard consumer protection benefits that they currently enjoy on their debit cards.
- Additionally, the solution offers personalized transaction controls that enable Bank’s customers to dictate how, where and when their payment credentials are used.
Hq: Mumbai, Mahrashtra
MD and CEO: Vishwavir Ahuja
RBL Bank + Mastercard – Offer first-of-its-kind, payment functionality in India.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
7. Amazon launches how much amount venture fund for Indian startups, entrepreneurs?
A) $250 mn
B) $150 mn
C) $350 mn
D) $450 mn
E) $550 mn
Answer: A) $250 mn
- E-commerce giant Amazon India has launched $250 million Amazon Smbhav Venture Fund (the venture fund) to invest in startups and entrepreneurs focusing on technology innovations in SMB (small and medium business) digitization, agriculture and healthcare.
- The venture fund will invest in technology-led startups that are passionate about unlocking the possibilities of a digital India.
- The fund will specifically focus on encouraging the best ideas to digitize SMBs (small and medium businesses).
- It would drive technology-led innovation in agriculture to improve farmer productivity and enable them to bring the best of India’s farms to consumers. It would also enable universal and quality healthcare access for all using technology.
- Amazon announced plans to digitally empower and bring 1 million offline retailers and neighborhood stores online, on the Amazon India marketplace, by 2025 through the Local Shops on Amazon program.
- At the same event, Amazon also launched the ‘Spotlight North East’ initiative to bring 50,000 artisans, weavers and small businesses online from the 8 states in the North East region of India by 2025 and to boost exports of key commodities like tea, spices and honey from the region.
- These new initiatives were announced during a fireside chat at Amazon Smbhav between Andy Jassy, AWS CEO and incoming CEO of Amazon, and Amit Agarwal, Global Senior VP and Country Head, Amazon India.
- They reiterated Amazon’s long-term commitment to unlock the infinite possibilities for India.
- Another initiative, the ‘Spotlight North East’ initiative is designed to boost the local economy, create jobs and accelerate financial inclusion and empowerment of women and the tribal community across the North-Eastern region of India.
- The programme aims to bring the benefits of e-commerce to 50,000 weavers, artisans, a majority from the tribal communities, and local small businesses including offline neighborhood stores across the region by 2025 by enabling them access to technology and customers.
- Amazon will focus on bringing more than 5000 unique crafts, Geographical Indication (GI) products and other local products to its India marketplace.
CEO: Jeff Bezos
Founder: Jeff Bezos
Founded: 5 July 1994
Headquarters: Seattle, Washington, United States
Amazon – $250 mn venture fund for Indian startups, entrepreneurs.
8. ClearTax launches e-invoicing product named _____ to help SMEs?
Answer: E) ClearOne
- To help Indian businesses digitize and streamline their billing and e-invoicing needs, ClearTax has launched a GST compliant billing and e-invoicing product called ClearOne.
- ClearOne is an easy to set up and use product which enables SMEs to generate invoices for their business.
- SMEs can make invoices, customise it as per their own or their customer’s requirement, raise and monitor their invoices on the go and be compliant with regulatory requirements.
ClearTax – e-invoicing product to help SMEs.
9. Which company partners CleanMax to move to 100% renewable energy in India?
Answer: E) Facebook
- Facebook has partnered with CleanMax in a view to move to 100 per cent renewable energy in India as part of its sustainability efforts.
- Under the agreement, Facebook and CleanMax will assemble a portfolio of wind and solar projects, supplying renewable power into India’s electrical grid, in states where the social networking giant’s facilities are also present.
Founded: February 2004
Headquarters: Menlo Park, California, United States
Facebook + CleanMax – Move to 100% renewable energy in India.
10. Which country hosts BRICS seminar on misuse of Internet by terrorists?
C) South Africa
Answer: E) India
- The immense challenges posed by the misuse of the Internet by terrorists can be effectively tackled by international cooperation and sharing of good practices, delegates at a BRICS seminar hosted by India observed.
- The National Investigation Agency (NIA) organised the two-day online event of the BRICS nations that includes Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa on April 13-14.
- The seminar on the topic of ‘Misuse of Internet for Terrorist Purposes and Role of Digital Forensics in Terrorist Investigations’ was inaugurated by Union Home Secretary Ajay Bhalla.
India Holds National Dialogue on UN Food Systems Summit 2021:
- The first National Level Dialogue on Agri-Food Systems-Advancing Equitable Livelihoods has been conducted on 12 April, 2021.
- The National Dialogue was facilitated by the Inter departmental Group constituted by Department of Agriculture Cooperation & Farmers Welfare and the representatives from UN Agencies in Delhi.
- The day long deliberations were attended by farmers organisations, farmer producer organisations, civil society organisations, research institutions& experts and the government agencies.
- The United Nations Secretary General has called for the first ever UN Food Systems Summit to be held in September 2021 to strategize the actions for positive change in Agri-food systems in the World to realize the vision of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- The Summit will focus on levers and pathways to shape food systems nationally and globally to accelerate progress in the SDGs.
India – Host BRICS seminar on misuse of Internet by terrorists.
11. The Indian and which country Space Agencies signed an agreement for cooperation for the country’s first human space flight programme Gaganyaan?
C) South Africa
Answer: E) France
- The Indian and French Space Agencies signed an agreement for cooperation for the country’s first human space flight programme Gaganyaan.
- ISRO in its website, the agreement was signed at the ISRO headquarters in Bengaluru between Jean-Yves & Le Drian, Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs, Government of Republic of France, and ISRO Chairman Dr K Sivan in the presence of senior officials.
India+ French Space Agencies – Gaganyaan mission.
12. Which Minister launches EatSmart Cities Challenge and Transport 4 All Challenge?A) Women & Child Development Minister
B) External Affairs Minister
C) Home Minister
D) Housing and Urban Affairs Minister
E) Finance Minister
Answer: D) Housing and Urban Affairs Minister
- Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri launched the EatSmart Cities Challenge and Transport 4 All Challenge through video conferencing. EatSmart Cities Challenge is an opportunity for India to play a pioneering role in developing the concept of integrating food systems into city planning and development.
- Speaking on the occasion, Mr Puri said, this movement will nudge the urban populace to make the right food choices and help build a healthier and happier nation.
- The EatSmart Cities Challenge is envisioned as a competition among cities to recognize their efforts in adopting and scaling up various initiatives under Eat Right India.
- The challenge is open to all Smart Cities, capital cities of States and Union Territories, and cities with a population of more than five lakh.
- The Transport 4 All Challenge aims to bring together cities, citizen groups, and start-ups to develop solutions that improve public transport to better serve the needs of all citizens.
- Mr Puri said, that COVID-19 has brought the entire world to a halt with transport being one of the worst-hit sectors.
- He added that the Transport4All Digital Innovation Challenge will support cities to recover from this mobility crisis
Housing and Urban Affairs, Civil Aviation:
Minister: Hardeep Singh Puri
Constituency: Rajaya Sabha MP, Uttar Pradesh
Housing & Urban Affairs Minister – EatSmart Cities Challenge and Transport 4 All Challenge.
13. Which organisation and Tata Power entered in to a tie-up to set up solar-powered micro grids and water pumps in rural areas across the country?
Answer: E) CSC
- The Common Services Center (CSC) and Tata Power entered in to a tie-up to set up solar-powered micro grids and water pumps in rural areas across the country.
- To begin with, Tata Power proposes to set up 10,000 micro grids to support rural consumers and under the partnership, over 3.75 lakh CSCs, a special purpose vehicle (SPV) under the Ministry of Electronics and IT.
- The partnership is in line with the government’s focus on providing solar water pumps and micro-grid connected to solar power for small and marginal farmers to provide them with financial and water security.
CSC + Tata Power – Provide solar-powered micros grids in rural areas.
14. Secretary MeitY Shri Ajay Prakash Sawhney inaugurates ____ new initiatives/services of National Internet Exchange of India?
Answer: C) 3
- Sh. Ajay Prakash Sawhney, IAS, Secretary Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) & Chairman NIXI today inaugurated three path breaking initiatives for National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI).
- With this launch, NIXI has announced to play a supporting role for the IPv6 awareness and adoption in the country along with DOT & MeitY.
- The details of the three new initiatives are as below:
1. IPv6 Expert Panel (IP Guru) (https://nixi.in):
- IP Guru is a group to extend support to all the Indian entities who are finding it technically challenging to migrate and adopt IPv6.
- In addition to this the IPv6 expert group will help in identifying & hiring agency that will help end customer by providing necessary technical support to adopt IPv6.
- This panel will guide all such Indian entities and help in increasing the IPv6 adoption.
- It’s a joint effort of DOT, MeitY & community to promote IPv6.
- The expert panel group comprises members from government and private organizations.
2. NIXI Academy (https://training.nixi.in):
- NIXI Academy is created to educate technical/non-technical people in India to learn and relearn technologies like IPv6 which are normally not taught in Educational Institutes.
- The easy-to-use platform helps network operators and educators understand networking best practices, principles and techniques; manage Internet resources better; and use appropriate Internet technologies more effectively.
- NIXI academy comprises an IPv6 training portal which is developed with the help of various technical experts in order to provide mass training to the community.
- Through this academy our Internet community will be able to learn from various technical modules.
- Successful candidates (after passing examination) can take a certificate from NIXI, which will be useful to find/upgrade jobs in the Industry.
3. NIXI-IP-INDEX (https://ipv6.nixi.in):
- NIXI has developed an IPv6 index portal for the Internet community.
- NIXI-IP-INDEX portal will showcase the IPv6 adoption rate in India and across the world.
- It can be used to compare IPv6 Indian adoption rate with other economies in the world.
- NIXI will populate this portal with web adoption in IPv6, IPv6 traffic etc. in coming days.
- This portal will motivate organisations to adopt IPv6, provide inputs for planning by technical organisations and research by academicians.
- National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI) is a not-for-profit organization (section 8 of the Companies Act 2013) working since 2003 for spreading the internet infrastructure to the citizens of India through the following activities:i) Internet Exchanges through which the internet data is exchanged amongst ISP’s, Data Centers and CDNs.
ii) .IN Registry, managing and operation of .IN country code domain and भारत IDN domain for India.
iii) IRINN, managing and operating Internet protocol (IPv4/IPv6).
Shri Ajay Prakash Sawhney – Three new initiatives/services of National Internet Exchange of India.