Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 10 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) is celebrating its 71st Foundation Day on which date?
A) April 9
B) April 1
C) April 8
D) April 3
E) April 8
Answer: A) April 9
- The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) celebrated its 71st Foundation Day on April 9.
- The ICCR has unveiled ‘Little Guru’ app, world’s first Gamified Sanskrit learning App which was jointly launched in Beijing by Ambassador Vikram Misri and renowned Chinese scholar on Sanskrit and India studies, Professor Wang Bangwei.
- Many Sanskrit Professors from Peking University and the students were also present.
- In keeping pace with changing technology in both access as well as teaching methods, ICCR has tied up with Gamapp Sportswizz Tech. Pvt. Ltd. to launch ‘LITTLE GURU’, a specialized app for learning Sanskrit.
- Little Guru will be a gamified app based on an interactive platform which will make Sanskrit learning easy, entertaining, and fun.
- This app will help people who are already learning Sanskrit or those who are desirous to learn Sanskrit to do so in an easy manner based on games, competition, rewards, peer to peer interactions, etc.
World Homeopathy Day:
- World Homeopathy Day is celebrated on April 10.
- The day is observed to mark the importance of homoeopathy and its contribution to the world of medicine.
- The date is the birth anniversary of Dr Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann, who was a German physician and the founder of homoeopathy.
- Hahnemann was born in 1755 in Paris.
- The main idea behind celebrating the day is to make more and more people aware about the benefits of homeopathic treatment and medicines.
- Apart from that, the day is also meant for discussing challenges and planning future strategies for the betterment and development of homeopathy.
- Theme: This year the theme of the day in India is, “Homeopathy- Roadmap for Integrative Medicine”.
- Last year, the theme of World Homoeopathy Day was ‘Enhancing the scope of Homoeopathy in Public Health.’
- Initially, the celebration of World Homoeopathy Day 2020 was scheduled to be held at Kolkata on April 10 and April 11, but due to the COVID-19 situation the same had got postponed.
2. Mahesh Joshi passed away. He was related to which party?
Answer: C) Congress
- Senior Congress leader Mahesh Joshi died at a private hospital here after a prolonged illness.
- Joshi, former Madhya Pradesh minister.
- A three-time MLA, he was first elected to the state assembly in 1967 from Indore-1 constituency and twice from Indore-3 assembly segment.
Former Allahabad MP Shyama Charan Gupta:
- Senior Samajwadi Party leader and two time MP Shyama Charan Gupta, passed away.
- A known businessman Shyamacharan Gupta was first a Samajwadi MP from Banda and then a BJP MP from Allahabad.
- Gupta won the Lok Sabha polls in 2004 from Banda seat on SP ticket and later won Allahabad seat on BJP symbol in 2014.
- He was also the mayor of Allahabad in 1989.
Maharashtra Congress MLA Raosaheb Antapurkar dies due to post-COVID complications:
- Maharashtra Congress MLA Raosaheb Antapurkar died while undergoing treatment for post-COVID complications.
- Antapurkar was a two-time MLA from Deglurassembly constituency in Nanded district.
- In November last year, Bharat Bhalke, an NCP MLA from Pandharpur-Mangalvedha constituency in Solapur district, died due to post-COVID complications.
Mahesh Joshi – Senior Congress leader.
3. Earl Simmons passed away. He was related to which field?
E) C & D
Answer: E) C & D
- American rapper and actor Earl Simmons, known by the stage name DMX or Dark Man X, died.
- The chart-topping artist’s songs included Party Up (Up in Here) and X Gon’ Give It to Ya.
- His career had been marked by legal troubles and prison time.
- His debut album in 1998, It’s Dark and Hell is Hot, was the first of five in a row to top the Billboard 200 chart in the United States.
- He was the only rap artist with such a streak, according to a 2019 profile in GQ magazine.
Peter Manso, biographer of Mailer and Brando, dies:
- Peter Manso, a writer and longtime Cape Cod resident known for his exhaustively researched books and articles, including biographies on the likes of Norman Mailer and Marlon Brando, has died.
Mahabharat’ actor Satish Kaul dies of COVID-19-related complications:
- Veteran Punjabi actor Satish Kaul, who featured in several Hindi films and shows including “Mahabharat”, died due to COVID-19 related complications.
Earl Simmons – Rapper and actor DMX, five-time Billboard chart topper.
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. SwitchON Foundation has partnered with which bank for the promotion of solar pumps?
Answer: D) PNB
- The sun shines brighter for small and marginal farmers in India as SwitchON Foundation has partnered with Punjab National Bank for the promotion of solar pumps.
- A First Loss Default Guarantee Fund will be set up by SwitchON Foundation through which Punjab National Bank will be financing solar pumps
- Previously, SwitchON partnered with RBL and Axis Bank to sanction loans for over 100 solar pumps, but it is the first time that a Nationalized Bank has come forward for the financial partnership.
- There has been zero Non-Performing Assets (NPA) till date and farmers have seen a 1.6x rise in income after the adoption of solar pumps
- The official target of the central PM-KUSUM scheme of India is to achieve 30.75 GW of solar energy generation by 2022
Punjab National Bank:
Headquarters: New Delhi
MD & CEO: S. S. Mallikarjuna Rao
Tagline: The Name You Can Bank Upon
PNB + SwitchON – Solar Pump Financing.
5. Which Bank launched a loan scheme – ‘Vikasa Nava Sanjeevini’ – for medical sector?
A) Narmada Jhabua Gramin Bank
B) Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank
C) Utkal Grameen Bank
D) Odisha Gramya Bank
E) Madhyanchal Gramin Bank
Answer: B) Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank
- The Dharwad-headquartered regional rural bank Karnataka Vikas Grameen Bank (KVB) has launched a loan scheme – ‘Vikasa Nava Sanjeevini’ – for medical sector.
- The loan scheme will cover up to 85 per cent of the total project cost related to the construction of the hospital building, setting up of modern medical equipment, clinical lab and pharmacy.
- The loan scheme also includes an overdraft facility of up to a maximum of ₹25 lakh.
the scheme offers a 9-year timeframe to repay the term loan.
Karnataka Vikas Grameen Bank:
Headquarters: Dharwad, Karnataka
Chairman: Puttaganti Gopi Krishna
Karnataka Vikas Grameen Bank (KVB) – Loan scheme – ‘Vikasa Nava Sanjeevini’ – for medical sector.
6. The Reserve Bank of India withdrew its directions issued to Kolikata Mahila Co-operative Bank. Kolikata Mahila Co-operative Bank is based in which state?
B) Madhya Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
E) West Bengal
Answer: E) West Bengal
- The Reserve Bank of India withdrew its directions issued to Kolkata-based Kolikata Mahila Co-operative Bank.
- The RBI had issued directions to the bank from the close of business on July 9, 2019
Reserve Bank, on being satisfied that in the public interest it is necessary to do so, in exercise of the powers vested in it under the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 (AACS), hereby withdraws with effect from April 10, 2021, the said directions so issued to Kolikata Mahila Co-operative Bank Limited, Kolkata, West Bengal.
- Under the directions, which were issued in 2019, the bank, without prior approval of RBI, could not grant or renew any loans and advances, make any investment, incur any liability including borrowal of funds and acceptance of fresh deposits, among others.
- The directions also capped deposit withdrawal at ₹1,000 of the total balance held by depositors in every savings bank or current account or any other deposit account. With the withdrawal of the directions, the cap on deposit withdrawal also goes.
- Earlier this week, RBI withdrew the All-Inclusive Directions it issued to Kolhapur-based Youth Development Cooperative Bank Ltd.
Reserve Bank of India:
Act: Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Governor– Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors– 4 (one post vacant, Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao)
RBI – Withdraw directions on Kolikata Mahila Co-op Bank.
7. Which insurance company and Fincare Small Finance Bank have joined hands for a bancassurance partnership under the bank will sell insurance policies to its customers?
A) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
B) Aegon Life Insurance
C) SBI General Insurance
D) Bharti AXA Life Insurance
E) Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance
Answer: D) Bharti AXA Life Insurance
- Bharti Axa Life and Fincare Small Finance Bank have joined hands for a bancassurance partnership under which the bank will sell insurance policies to its customers.
- Under the partnership, Bharti AXA Life Insurance will offer its comprehensive suite of life insurance products, including protection, savings and investment plans, to the customers of Fincare Small Finance Bank across its 747 branches and digital network presence across the country.
- The new age Fincare Small Finance Bank, which started operations in July 2017, has presence across 19 states/UTs.
Bharti AXA Life Insurance:
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO: Parag Raja
Fincare Small Finance Bank
Headquarters: Ahmedabad, Gujarat
MD & CEO: Rajeev Yadav
Bharti AXA Life Insurance + Fincare Small Finance Bank – Bancassurance partnership.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
8. NOISE is authored by whom?
1) Daniel Kahneman
2) Cass Sunstein
3) Olivier Sibony
A) All of these
B) Only 1 & 2
C) Only 3
D) Only 2
E) Only 1
Answer: A) All of these
- NOISE is authored by Daniel Kahneman, Cass Sunstein and Olivier Sibony published by HarperCollins India.
‘Carry On Ms Caretaker’ novel released:
- ‘Carry On Ms Caretaker’, a novel authored by academician and translator Lipipuspa Nayak, was released here.
- This is the first novel Nayak has penned.
- Releasing the book, Prof Shantanu Acharya praised it for representing the Indian ethos and urged the future generations to emulate it.
Odisha Governor releases book on Dongria Kondh:
- Governor Prof Ganeshi Lal released a book on the life, culture and struggle of Dongria Kondh tribe.
- The 242-page book titled ‘Dangaran Kuan’ (forest man) has been written by researcher and scribe Jitendra Patnaik.
Book on Annamacharya released:
- Senior bank official, well-known commentator and scholar on Annamacharya lyrics, Venkat Garikapati, paid rich tributes to saint poet Annamacharya in his latest work Annamayya Alamelmanga Vaibhavam.
- This is Mr. Venkat’s 12th book on Tallapaka literature of 14th century, and 14th in all, contains detailed analysis to the sankeerthans penned by the saint poet.
NOISE – Authored by Daniel Kahneman, Cass Sunstein and Olivier Sibony – published by HarperCollins India
9. The government has extended the tenure of Arun Kumar, chief of the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) by how many months?
Answer: B) 6
- The government has extended the tenure of Arun Kumar, chief of the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) by six months.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet, headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has approved the extension for a period of six months beyond 20 April, or until further notice, whichever is earlier, as per a circular.
- Kumar, a 1989 batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer of the Haryana cadre, was appointed as DGCA chief in July 2019.
- He had held additional charge of the post between May and July 2019 with the retirement of BS Bhullar.
- Prior to his DGCA post, Kumar was an additional secretary at the ministry of civil aviation (MoCA).
Government – Extend tenure of DGCA chief Arun Kumar by six months.
10. Which Bank recognised as Indias Best International Bank 2021 by Asiamoney?
B) ICICI Bank
D) HSBC India
E) DBS Bank India
Answer: E) DBS Bank India
- DBS Bank India announced that it has been named ‘India’s Best International Bank’ by Asiamoney, a financial publication of Euromoney Institutional Investor Group, which is a leading authority in the banking and financial markets globally.
DBS Bank India – Recognise as Indias Best International Bank 2021 by Asiamoney.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
11. Which country names country’s first female astronaut for space program?
Answer: E) UAE
- The United Arab Emirates named the next two astronauts in its space program, including the country’s first female astronaut.
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the ruler of Dubai who also serves as the autocratically ruled country’s prime minister and vice president, named the two astronauts.
- He identified Noura al-Matroushi as the UAE’s first female astronaut, with her male counterpart as Mohammed al-Mulla.
- The two will undergo training at NASA’s Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas
The first Muslim in space was Saudi Prince Sultan bin Salman, who joined the crew of the shuttle Discovery in 1985.
- In 2019, Maj. Hazzaa al-Mansoori became the UAE’s first astronaut in space, spending an eight-day mission aboard the International Space Station.
- The Emirates has had other recent successes in its space program.
- This February, the UAE put its Amal, or Hope, satellite in orbit around Mars, a first for the Arab world.
- In 2024, the country hopes to put an unmanned spacecraft on the moon.
Capital: Abu Dhabi
Currency: UAE Dirham
United Arab Emirates – Name country’s first female astronaut for space program.
12. India and the which country agreed to strengthen capacity building for security and stressed the need to strengthen international cooperation to combat terrorism in a comprehensive and sustained manner?
Answer: E) Maldives
- India and the Maldives agreed to strengthen capacity building for security and stressed the need to strengthen international cooperation to combat terrorism in a comprehensive and sustained manner.
- At the first meeting of India-Maldives Joint Working Group on Counter Terrorism, the two sides reviewed threats posed by terrorist entities that are under UN sanctions and emphasised the need for concerted action against all terrorist networks.
Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa
India+ Maldives – Strengthen capacity building to combat terrorism.
13. Which country navy conducted ‘navigation operation’ within Indian Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) without any intimation to India?
Answer: C) USA
- In a surprising move, the US Navy conducted ‘navigation operation’ within Indian Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) without any intimation to India.
- India conveyed its concerns to Washington through diplomatic channels over the US Navy warship’s unauthorized manoeuvre in India’s EEZ.
United States of America:
Capital: Washington D.C
Currency: US Dollar
President: Joe Biden
US Navy – Conduct ‘navigation Operation’ in Indian EEZ without permission.
14. Govt notifies Copyright (Amendment) Rules,2021 to ensure accountability. The copyright regime in India is governed by the Copyright Act, _____ and the Copyright Rules, _____?
A) 1957, 2013
B) 1957, 2014
C) 1952, 2013
D) 1953, 2013
E) 1952, 2013
Answer: A) 1957, 2013
- The government has notified Copyright (Amendment) Rules, 2021, that will ensure compliance in view of the technological advancement in digital era and transparency.
- The copyright regime in India is governed by the Copyright Act, 1957 and the Copyright Rules, 2013.
- The Copyright Rules, 2013 were last amended in the year 2016.
- “The amendments have been introduced with the objective of bringing the existing rules in parity with other relevant legislations.
- It aims to ensure smooth and flawless compliance in the light of the technological advancement in digital era by adopting electronic means as primary mode of communication and working in the Copyright Office,” said the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- A new provision regarding publication of a copyrights journal has been incorporated would be available at the website of the Copyright
- The amendments have harmonised the Copyright Rules with the provisions of Finance Act, 2017 whereby the Copyright Board has been merged with Appellate Board.
- The compliance requirements for registration of software works have been largely reduced, as now the applicant has the liberty to file the first 10 and last 10 pages of source code, or the entire source code if less than 20 pages, with no blocked out or redacted portions.
- The time limit for the Central Government to respond to an application made before it for registration as a copyright society is extended to 180 days, so that the application can be more comprehensively examined.
Govt – Notify Copyright (Amendment) Rules,2021 to ensure accountability.
15. Which state chief Minister launches ‘mask abhiyan’ against Covid-19?
B) Madhya Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: E) Odisha
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched 14-day ‘mask abhiyan’ as part of efforts to prevent the spread of coronavirus in view of rising cases and urged people to strictly follow the safety guidelines.
Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
Governor – Ganeshi Lal
Naveen Patnaik – ‘Mask abhiyan’ against Covid-19.
16. Which company has tied up with WE HUB to start ‘Women In Focus’ initiative aim at promoting women entrepreneurship by setting up a revolving fund?
Answer: E) aha
- aha, an OTT (over the top) platform, has tied up with WE HUB, an exclusive incubator for women entrepreneurs, to start ‘Women In Focus’ initiative, which aims at promoting women entrepreneurship by setting up a revolving fund.
- This fund will give aspiring young women entrepreneurs a chance to have their ideas heard and an opportunity to build their own successful and sustainable businesses.
WE HUB + aha – Launch ‘Women In Focus’ initiative.
17. Which state CM launched Information, Education and Communication and Capacity Building Programme organized under Jal Jeevan Mission?
B) Madhya Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A) Goa
- Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant in presence of PWD Minister Deepak Prabhu Pauskar launched Information, Education and Communication and Capacity Building Programme organized under Jal Jeevan Mission at Ravindra Bhavan Sankhali in Sankhli.
CM: Pramod Sawant
Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
Goa CM – IEC activities under Jal Jeevan Mission.
18. The government has approved how much amount highway projects in Madhya Pradesh?
A) Rs 226 crore
B) Rs 326 crore
C) Rs 426 crore
D) Rs 526 crore
E) Rs 726 crore
Answer: E) Rs 726 crore
- The government said it has approved Rs 726 crore highway projects in Madhya Pradesh.
These projects are for building 291 km of highways in the state.
- These projects include preparation of detailed project reports for upgradation of declared National Highway (572 Km) at a cost of 17.72 crore besides strengthening of road section of Sagar-Chhatarpur on NH 86/934 at a cost of 22.65 crore.
CM: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor: Anandiben Patel
Govt – Rs 726 cr highway projects in Madhya Pradesh.