Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 11 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. National Safe Motherhood Day is observed on which date?
A) April 10
B) April 11
C) April 12
D) April 14
E) April 16
Answer: B) April 11
- National Safe Motherhood Day is observed on April 11 every year.
- It is an initiative of the White Ribbon Alliance India (WRAI).
- The government of India in 2003 declared the national safe motherhood day on April 11.
- It is observed to enforce that women must have the availability and adequate access to care during pregnancy childbirth and postnatal services.
National Safe Motherhood Day 2021: History:
- At the request of WRAI, an alliance of 1800 organizations, in 2003, the Government of India declared April 11th, the anniversary of Kasturba Gandhi’s birth, as National Safe Motherhood Day.
- India became the first country to do so. Kasturba Gandhi is the wife of the father of Nation Mohan Das Karam Chand Gandhi.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
2. Which company launches mentor programme for startups, emerging brands?
D) Microsoft India
E) Amazon India
Answer: E) Amazon India
- Amazon India announced the launch of its ‘Mentor Connect’ programme, which is aimed at accelerating the growth of startups and emerging brand owners enrolled under its Amazon Launchpad initiative.
- Through the programme, startups and emerging brands will gain access to guidance from venture capital firms, industry veterans and Amazon leaders through expert knowledge sharing sessions, networking events and 1:1 mentorship session.
- Mentors from educational institutions and VC firms like Fireside Ventures, DSG Consumer Partners, Elevation Capital, Tomorrow Capital have already signed up for the programme to contribute to the Indian startup growth story.
Amazon India – Mentor programme for startups, emerging brands.
3. Sonu Sood has been announced as the brand ambassador of which state government for its Covid vaccination programme?
A) Madhya Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: E) Punjab
CM: Captain Amarinder Singh
Governor: V P Singh Badnore
Sonu Sood – Brand ambassador of Punjab’s vaccination program.
4. Which Minister presents AICTE Lilavati Awards 2020 on women empowerment?
A) Minister of Tribal Affairs
B) Minister of Home
C) Minister of Women & Child Development
D) Minister of Education
E) Minister of Health
Answer: D) Minister of Education
- Union Minister of Education Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ presented the AICTE Lilavati Awards 2020 on women empowerment to the winners in New Delhi.
LIST OF AWARDEES
|Sr. No||Position||Name Of Institute||Name of Team||Team Members|
|1.||Winner||THIAGARAJAR POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE,
|RADIANT SEETHA||R. MAHESWARI
P. KARUNYA DEVI
SISTER A.S. CELINE AUGUSTINE MARY
|2.||1st Runner –Up||NAVODAYA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, RAICHIUR, KARNATAKA||WOMEN EMPOWERMENT CELL-NITR||HARSHITA GANGAKHED
|3.||2nd Runner –Up||PONDICHERRY ENGINEERING COLLEGE,
KAVITHA KUMAR RAJENDIRAN
|4.||LAKSHMI NARAIN COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY, MADHYA PRADESH.||UDAAN||AYUSH PURWAR
|1.||Winner||ST. JOSEPH’S COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING,
DELLECTA JESSY RASHMI
VADAVANNUR CHELLAN RAMAKRISHNAN JAYARAMA PRADEEP
|2.||1st Runner –Up||THIAGARAJAR POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE,
J. AMUL RAJ
|3.||SRI SAI RAM ENGINEERING COLLEGE,
|MAHILA PRATHIRAKSHA ABHIYAAN||K. L. NITHISH RAJA
|4.||2nd Runner –Up||VIVEKANANDA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY,
|5.||G. H. RAISONI COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, NAGPUR, MAHARASHTRA||SURAKSHA CHAKRA||MD. AASHIM KHAN
Sanitation & Hygiene-
|1.||Winner||SMT. KISHORITAI BHOYAR COLLEGE OF PHARMACY, MAHARASHTRA||SKBCOP ECO CLUB||TANISHKA RANDIVE
DR. RENUKA DAS
MR. MANISH AGLAWE
|2.||1st Runner –Up||SONA COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY, TAMIL NADU||SWSAH (SONA WOMEN SANITATION AND HYGIENE)||PRIYALATHA S
GULSHAN TAJ M N A
|3.||ST. JOSEPH’S COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, TAMIL NADU||VOW – VIRANGANA OF WASH (WATER SANITATION HYGIENE)||N HEMAPRIYA
|4.||2nd Runner –Up||SRI KRISHNA COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY, TAMIL NADU||SKCET SANITATION AND HYGIENE TEAM||KAVIYA S
R GEETHAMANI R
P A THIRUNAVUKARASU
|1.||Winner||WALCHAND INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY,
|WIT WOMEN HEALTH COALITION||DR. RUPALI J.SHELKE
Dr. PRATIBHA YALAGI ALADEEP
DIPALI DILIP AWASEKAR
|2.||1st Runner –Up||POONA COLLEGE OF PHARMACY, MAHARASHTRA||BHARATI PCP SAKHEE||1.VARSHA POKHARKAR
3. ASAWARI RAUT
4. MANJUSHA SAJITH
5. SAVITA GOWEKAR
|3.||2nd Runner –Up||KUMARAGURU COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY, TAMIL NADU||NATURAL PRODUCTS FOR HEALTHCARE||1. THIYAGARAJAN SATHISH KUMAR
2. KUMARESAN KUPPAMUHTU
3. SOUNDARARAJAN NITHYA PRIYA
4. S. VASUKI
5. S. BHARTHI KAMALA
|4.||BIYANI INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE AND MANAGEMENT, RAJASTHAN||BIYANI INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE AND MANAGEMENT||1. SANJAY BIYANI
2. NEETA MAHESHWARI
3. NEHA PANDEY
4. POONAM SHARMA
5. ANJU BHATT
|1.||Winner||SONA COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY TAMIL NADU||SWEAT (SONA WOMEN ENTERPRENURSHIP AND TRAINING)||RAMALINGAM MALATHY
KRISHNASWAMYPILLAI RANGANATHAN KAVITHA
|2.||2nd Runner –Up||BHILAI INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY||UNMUKTA||MANISHA SHARMA
|4.||G. H. RAISONI COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, NAGPUR, MAHARASHTRA.||AATMANIRBHAR||SWAPNA CHOUDHARI
|1.||Winner||BHARATI VIDYAPEETH ( Deemed to be University) INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT & ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT, PUNE||DIGITAL LITERACY||MS SHWETA TATE
|2.||1st Runner –Up||SRI SAI RAM ENGINEERING COLLEGE, TAMIL NADU||SAI STHREE VIDYA ABHIYAAN||S.VASUPRADHA
Dr. SOMA PRATHIBHA
Dr. N. MANI
M. SIVA SANKARI
|3.||2nd Runner –Up||HYDERABAD INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT, HYDERABAD||We-Lit||DEVIKA SUGGUBODI VENKATESWARLU
SMT. SUSHEELA DEVI
|4.||SRI MANAKULA VINAYAGAR ENGINEERING COLLEGE, PUDUCHERRY||SUPER SONIC||PAVITHRAN.T
Minister: Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
Constituency: Hardwar, Uttarakhand
Union Minister of Education – AICTE Lilavati Awards 2020 on women empowerment.
5. A two-day Scientific Convention on ‘Homoeopathy – Roadmap for Integrative Medicine’ was inaugurated at which place?
E) New Delhi
Answer: E) New Delhi
- A two-day Scientific Convention on ‘Homoeopathy – Roadmap for Integrative Medicine’ was inaugurated at New Delhi. Minister of state for Defence Shri Shripad Yesso Naik was the chief guest on this occasion.
- The Convention was organized by the Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy, an autonomous apex research organization under the Ministry of AYUSH to celebrate the occasion of the World Homoeopathy Day.
- The World Homoeopathy Day is observed to commemorate the birth anniversary of the founder of Homoeopathy, Dr. Samuel Hahnemann.
New Delhi – 2-day Scientific Convention on World Homoeopathy Day.
6. Dr Jitendra Singh laid the foundation stone for the work of construction of balance portion of Ravi Canal near Basantpur, Kathua in which UT?
B) J & K
E) Daman and Diu
Answer: B) J & K
- In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, MoS PMO, Dr Jitendra Singh laid the foundation stone for the work of construction of balance portion of Ravi Canal near Basantpur, Kathua.
- Expressing hope to start the filling of the reservoir of Shahpurkandi Dam Project by November 2022, Dr. Singh said that the project will hopefully start giving water through gravity to J&K through Ravi canal, which shall help in uplifting socio-economic status of the people of the region.
Development of North Eastern Region, Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office, Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions; Department of Atomic Energy and Department of Space:
Minister: Jitender Singh
Constituency: Udhampur, Jammu and Kashmir
Jammu and Kashmir:
Capital: Srinagar(summer), Jammu(winter)
Governor: Manoj Sinha
Dr Jitendra Singh – Foundation stone for work of construction of balance portion of Ravi Canal.