Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
OCTOBER – 01 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Which edition of Raising Day of Integrated Defence Staff is celebrated on Oct 1?
Answer: B) 20th
|October 1||World Vegetarian Day|
|The International Day of Older Persons||Pandemics: Do They Change How We Address Age and Ageing?|
|International Coffee Day|
|Oct 1 to 31||Breast Cancer Awareness Month|
2. MLA Gurupada Mete passed away. He is related to which party?
C) Trinamool Congress
Answer: C) Trinamool Congress
Hindu Munnani founder Rama Gopalan, who had tested positive for COVID-19, died at a private hospital in Chennai.
Gurupada Mete – Trinamool Congress MLA.
BANKING AND FINANCE
3. Which Bank partners with Hindustan Unilever for providing easy access to credit to small retailers?
A) Indian Overseas Bank
B) State Bank Of India
C) Indian Bank
D) Bank of Baroda
Answer: B) State Bank Of India
The country’s largest bank SBI and FMCG major HUL on Thursday announced a partnership to enable easy access to credit to small retailers and also help them join the digitisation bandwagon in order to “survive in the new world”.
SBI + HUL = Provide easy access to credit to small retailers.
State Bank of India:
HQ : Mumbai, Maharashtra
Head : Dinesh Kumar Khara
Tagline : With You all the way, Pure Banking Nothing Else, The Nation Bank on Us, The Banker to Every Indian, A Bank of the Common Man
4. Interest rates on PPF, NSC and other small savings schemes unchanged. Interest rates for small savings schemes are notified by the Finance Ministry on which basis?
Answer: A) Quarterly
5. Indian Bank has introduced a Kisan credit card loan scheme for fishermen in Tamil Nadu. Under this scheme, Kisan credit card loans of up to which amount?
A) ₹1 lakh
B) ₹2 lakh
C) ₹3 lakh
D) ₹4 lakh
Answer: B) ₹2 lakh
The features of the scheme include the availability of revolving credit up to ₹2 lakh, 7 per cent interest rate, interest subvention of 3 per cent for those who repay the loan within a period of one year.
Indian Bank – Kisan credit card loan scheme for fishermen in Tamil Nadu.
MD & CEO: Ms. Padmaja Chundru
Tagline : Your Own Bank
6. Bank of Baroda launched the third edition of ‘Baroda Kisan Pakhwada’ to promote agri-focussed schemes under Atmanirbhar package. What is tagline of Bank of Baroda?
A) India’s International Bank
B) Honours your Trust
C) Good People to Grow with
D) Good People to Bank with
Answer: A) India’s International Bank
The third edition of ‘Baroda Kisan Pakhwada’ — a pan-India initiative to encourage farmers to connect with services offered by Bank of Baroda and Government — got under way with the bank this year placing special emphasis on promotion of certain new agri-focussed schemes under Atmanirbhar package.
Bank of Baroda – The third edition of ‘Baroda Kisan Pakhwada’ to promote agri-focussed schemes under Atmanirbhar package.
Bank of Baroda:
Hq: Vadodara, Gujarat
MD and CEO : Sanjiv Chadha
Tagline : India’s International Bank
ACQUISITIONS AND MERGERS
7. Mubadala to invest how much percent stake in Reliance Retail for ₹4.285 lakh crore?
Answer: C) 1.40%
Silver Lake and its co-investors in RRVL to ₹ 9,375 crore, which will translate into a 2.13% equity stake in RRVL on a fully diluted basis.
Mubadala – ₹6,247.5 cr in Reliance Retail for 1.4% stake.
8. Devyani Uttam Khobragade has been appointed as India’s next ambassador to which country?
Answer: A) Cambodia
Devyani Uttam Khobragade – India’s next ambassador to Cambodia.
Captial: Phnom Penh
9. Vice Admiral Ajit Kumar of Western Naval Command presents awards to naval officers. How many persons won Nausena Medals (gallantry)?
Answer: B) 3
|One||Bar to Nausena Medal (gallantry)|
|Three||Nausena Medals (gallantry)|
|Three||Nausena Medals (devotion to duty)|
|Three||Vishisht Seva Medals|
|One||Capt Ravi Dhir Memorial Gold Medal for promoting Flight Safety|
|One||Jeevan Raksha Padak for displaying courage and alacrity in saving life|
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
10. Which Ministry launched the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) Technologies for rural development?
A) Health Ministry
B) Finance Ministry
C) Home Ministry
D) Women & Child Development Ministry
Answer: A) Health Ministry
- Science and Technology Minister Harsh Vardhan launched the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) Technologies for rural development.
- Mproved beehive for quality and hygienic extraction of honey, developed by CSIR’s Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology.
- Manufacturing of ginger paste developed by the Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysore.
- Dehumidified drier for food and agri products and agricultural waste (wheat bran, sugarcane bagasse and fruit peels) based biodegradable plates, cups and cutleries developed by National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology (NIIST), Thiruvananthapuram.
- The technologies were launched under a joint initiative of CSIR, Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA), Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IITD) and Vijnana Bharti (VIBHA).
Health Ministry – CSIR Technologies for rural development.
Health and Family Welfare, Science and Technology and Earth Sciences:
Minister : Dr Harshavardhan
Constituency : Chandni Chowk, Delhi
11. ISRO is scheduled to launch its Venus mission in 2025. In below option, which country is participated in it?
C) New Zealand
Answer: B) France
The VIRAL (Venus Infrared Atmospheric Gases Linker) instrument co-developed with the Russian federal space agency Roscosmos and the LATMOS atmospheres, environments and space observations laboratory attached to the French national scientific research centre CNRS has been selected by the ISRO after a request for proposals.
ISRO – schedule to launch its Venus mission in 2025.
12. Which IIT and MIT are working together to develop productive usage of agricultural and industrial by-products?
A) IIT Hyderabad
B) IIT Madras
C) IIT Gandhinagar
D) IIT Mandi
Answer: B) IIT Madras
MIT – Massachusetts Institute of Technology
IIT-Madras + MIT = develop productive usage of agricultural, industrial by-products.
13. The US has committed how much amount to India to support vulnerable populations like informal sector workers whose livelihoods have been disrupted due to COVID-19?
A) USD 1.9 million
B) USD 2.9 million
C) USD 3.9 million
D) USD 5.9 million
Answer: A) USD 1.9 million
The financial assistance from US Agency for International Development (USAID).
US – $1.9 mn – India to support informal sector workers.
14. An indigenously developed laser-guided anti-tank guided missile was successfully test fired in Maharashtra’s Ahmednagar. What is the range of this Missile?
A) 3 to 5 km
B) 1 to 5 km
C) 1.5 to 5 km
D) 4 to 5 km
Answer: C) 1.5 to 5 km
- The weapon was test fired from an MBT Arjun Tank at KK Ranges in Armoured Corps Centre and School (ACC&S) in Ahmednagar
- The Arjun is a third generation main battle tank developed by the DRDO.
- Pune-based Armament Research and Development Establishment (ARDE) developed the ATGM in association with High Energy Materials Research Laboratory and Instruments Research and Development Establishment (IRDE).
DRDO- successfully test fires laser-guided anti-tank guided missile.
Hq : New Delhi
Chairman : G. Satheesh Reddy
15. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate world’s longest highway tunnel ‘Atal Tunnel’, Rohtang on 3rd of October. what is the length of this tunnel?
Answer: C) 9.02-kilometre
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate Atal Tunnel, Rohtang on 3rd of October.
- It is the longest highway tunnel in the world.
- The 9.02-kilometre long tunnel connects Manali to Lahaul-Spiti valley throughout the year.
Narendra Modi – inaugurate world’s longest highway tunnel ‘Atal Tunnel’, Rohtang on 3rd of Oct.
16. Thaawarchand Gehlot launched the Ambedkar Social Innovation and Incubation Mission under Venture Capital Fund for SCs. what is constituency of Thaawarchand Gehlot?
A) Nagpur. Maharashtra
B) MP Rajyasabha from Bihar
C) Rajya Sabha MP, Madhya Pradesh D) Hardwar, Uttarakhand
Answer: C) Rajya Sabha MP, Madhya Pradesh
Thaawarchand Gehlot – The Ambedkar Social Innovation and Incubation Mission under Venture Capital Fund for SCs.
Social Justice and Empowerment:
Minister : Thawar Chand Gehlot
Costituency : Rajya Sabha MP, Madhya Pradesh
17. Which state government has inaugurated the renovated Bapu Museum?
A) Andhra Pradesh
B) Uttar Pradesh
D) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: A) Andhra Pradesh
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Jagan Mohan Reddy inaugurated the renovated Bapu Museum in Vijayawada
- The museum has been renovated at a cost of Rs 8 crore, and was re-opened on Thursday after remaining shut for nearly 10 years.
- CM Jagan also unveiled a bust of Pingali Venkayya, the designer of the Indian national flag, at the museum.
Andhra Pradesh – inaugurate the renovated Bapu Museum.
Capital : Amaravati
CM: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Governor : Biswa Bhushan Harichandan