Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
November – 25 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Ahmed Patel passed away. He is related to which party?
Answer: A) Congress
- An eight-time parliamentarian, Ahmed Patel served three terms in the Lok Sabha and five terms in the Rajya Sabha.
- He was appointed as the Treasurer of the All India Congress Committee (AICC) in August 2018.
- Ahmed Patel – Congress veteran.
2. Ameerali R Jumabhoy passed away. He participated in which Movement for independence?
A) Jungle Bachao Andolan
B) Chipko Movement
C) Quit India Movement
D) Swadeshi Movement
Answer: C) Quit India Movement
- Ameerali R Jumabhoy, one of the few Singaporeans who in their youth participated in Mahatma Gandhi’s mass protests like the ‘Quit India Movement’ during India’s struggle for Independence, has died.
- In 2019, Ameerali was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award by the Singapore Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Ameerali R Jumabhoy – Singapore businessman who participated in ‘Quit India Movement’.
Capital : Singapore
Currency : Singapore Dollar
BANKING AND FINANCE
3. Cabinet approves DBS Bank takeover of Lakshmi Vilas Bank. What is the headquarters of DBS Bank?
Answer: A) Singapore
- The government approved the merger of Lakshmi Vilas Bank (LVB) with the Indian subsidiary of Singapore’s DBS.
- Cabinet – Approve DBS takeover of Lakshmi Vilas Bank.
4. HDFC Life and HDFC Ergo joined hands to launch a combo insurance product to provide a complete financial protection package in the current Covid-19 pandemic.what is the name of that product?
A) ‘Click 2 Shield Corona Kavach’
B) ‘Click 2 Hyper Corona Kavach’
C) ‘Click 2 Protect Corona Kavach’
D) ‘Click 2 Viral Corona Kavach’
Answer: C) ‘Click 2 Protect Corona Kavach’
HDFC Life + HDFC Ergo -‘Click 2 Protect Corona Kavach’ for complete cover against Covid -19.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
5. L&T bags contract to construct country’s longest river bridge across Brahmaputra between Dhubri & Phulbari. What is the length of this bridge?
A) 13 km
B) 19 km
C) 16 km
D) 12 km
Answer: B) 19 km
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has secured a large contract to construct the country’s longest road bridge across river Brahmaputra connecting Dhubri in Assam to Phulbari in Meghalaya.
- As per the company, a large contract is worth Rs 2,500-5,000 crore.
The 19 km-long bridge will be built along National Highway 127-B.
L&T – Contract to construct country’s longest river bridge across Brahmaputra.
Larsen & Toubro:
CEO: S. N. Subrahmanyan
CM : Conrad Sangma
Governor : Satya Pal Malik
ACQUISITIONS AND MERGERS
6. JSW Steel acquires how much per cent stake in JSW Vallabh Tinplate for Rs 35 crore?
Answer: D) 26.45%
JSW Steel – Acquire 26.45% stake in JSW Vallabh Tinplate for Rs 35 crore.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
7. Narendra Modi released a book on the life and ideals of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji. Who is penned in this book?
A) Aravind Singh
B) Arjun Singh
C) Kirpal Singh
D) Mohan Singh
Answer: C) Kirpal Singh
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi released a book on the life and ideals of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
- The book has been penned by Kirpal Singh, who is based in Chandigarh.
PM Modi – Release book on life and ideals of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji – Kirpal Singh(Penned).
8. Greg Barclay has been elected as the new chairman of the International Cricket Council (ICC). He is related to which country?
B) New Zealand
Answer: B) New Zealand
- Greg Barclay, an Auckland-based commercial lawyer and director of New Zealand Cricket (NZC) since 2012, has been elected as the new chairman of the International Cricket Council (ICC).
- Barclay, who is currently NZC’s representative on the board of the ICC, succeeds Shashank Manohar who stepped down earlier this year.
New Zealand’s Greg Barclay – International Cricket Council chairman.
9. Ridhima Pandey has featured in the BBC’s list of 100 inspiring and influential women from around the world for 2020. She is related to which state?
C) Andhra Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Uttarakhand
- Indian para-athlete and current para-badminton world champion Manasi Joshi and climate activist Ridhima Pandey, 82-year-old Bilkis Bano for leading a peaceful protest against the new citizenship law and Isaivani for breaking male domination in the field of Tamil Nadu’s Gaana singing are included in the ‘BBC 100 Women 2020’ list released.
- Ridhima Pandey – BBC’s list of 100 most influential women globally.
Capital : Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
CM : Trivendra Singh Rawat
Governor : Baby Rani Maurya
10. Cambridge Dictionary has revealed its word of the year is _____?
B) Lock Down
Answer: C) Quarantine
- Not just “quarantine”, other coronavirus-related words, including “pandemic” and “lockdown”, ranked on the dictionary’s most popular list for 2020.
- Quarantine – Cambridge Dictionary’s word of the year.
11. Which Movie has been selected as India’s official entry for the International Feature Film category at the Oscars?
B) Sadak 2
D) Miss India
Answer: C) Jallikattu
- Malayalam feature “Jallikattu”, directed by Lijo Jose Pellissery, has been selected as India’s official entry for the International Feature Film category at the Oscars, the Film Federation of India (FFI).
- “Jallikattu” had its premiere on September 6, 2019 at the 2019 Toronto International Film Festival and received widespread critical acclaim.
- Pellissery also won the best director trophy at the 50th International Film Festival of India last year.
- In 2019, Zoya Akhtar’s “Gully Boy”, starring Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt, was India’s entry to the Oscars.
Malayalam feature ‘Jallikattu’ – India’s official entry for Oscars 2021.
12. “One Two Three Four: The Beatles in Time” won Baillie Gifford Prize at a virtual ceremony in London. Who is authored in this book?
A) Sudhir Hazareesingh
B) Christina Lamb
C) Matthew Cobb
D) Craig Brown
Answer: D) Craig Brown
One Two Three Four: The Beatles in Time – Baillie Gifford Prize authored by Craig Brown.
13. Which organisation conferred with Platinum Partner Award for highest transactions on UMANG App?
Answer: D) EPFO
EPFO – Platinum Partner Award for highest transactions on UMANG App.
14. Which country becomes first country in the world to offer free menstrual hygiene products?
D) New Zealand
Answer: C) Scotland
Scotland – First country in the world to offer free menstrual hygiene products.
Currency: Pound sterling
15. The Indian Navy has inducted two MQ-9B Sea Guardian unarmed drones procured from which country on lease?
Answer: A) USA
The Guardian, which is the maritime variant of the Predator MQ-9 Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV), has a maximum endurance of 40 hours and a maximum flying altitude of 40,000 feet. It has a 3600 maritime surveillance radar and an optional multimode maritime surface search radar.
Indian Navy = Induct two Sea Guardian drones on lease from U.S.
16. The Ganga Snan Mela and Deepdaan festival have been cancelled this year due to the Covid-19 pandemic. These festivals is related to which state?
A) Uttar Pradesh
C) Andhra Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A)Uttar Pradesh
The Ganga Snan Mela and Deepdaan festival at Garhmukteshwar in Hapur district and at Hastinapur in Meerut district have been cancelled this year due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Uttar Pradesh – Ganga Snan Mela, Deepdaan festival due to Covid-19.
Capital : Lucknow
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel
17. The Union Cabinet approved equity infusion of how much amount in NIIF Debt Platform sponsored by National Investment and Infrastructure Fund?
A) Rs 2,000 crore
B) Rs 6,000 crore
C) Rs 4,000 crore
D) Rs 8,000 crore
Answer: B) Rs 6,000 crore
Union Cabinet – Approve Rs 6,000 cr infusion in NIIF debt platform.
18. The social justice and empowerment ministry launched portal for giving I-cards, special homes to which category?
D) Migrant Workers
Answer: B) Transgenders
- Union Minister for Social Justice & Empowerment Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot e-launched a ‘National Portal for Transgender Persons’ and e-inaugurated a ‘Garima Greh: A Shelter Home for Transgender Persons’ in Vadodara, Gujarat in the presence of Ministers of State for Social Justice & Empowerment Shri Krishan Pal Gurjar, Shri Ramdas Athawale, Shri Rattan Lal Kataria; Mr. Laxmi Narayan Tripathi, Member, National Council for Transgenders and Shri. R. Subrahmanyam, Secretary, M/o of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- ‘Garima Greh: A Shelter Home for Transgender Persons’ e-inaugurated in Vadodara, Gujarat will be run in association with Lakshya Trust, a Community based organisation entirely run by the Transgenders.
- The Scheme of ‘Shelter Home for Transgender Persons’ includes shelter facility, food, clothing, recreational facilities, skill development opportunities, yoga, meditation/prayers, physical fitness, library facilities, legal support, technical advise for gender transition and surgeries, capacity building of trans-friendly organizations, employment and skill-building support, etc.
- The social justice and empowerment ministry – portal for giving I-cards, special homes to transgenders.
Social Justice and Empowerment:
Minister : Thawar Chand Gehlot
Constituency : Rajya Sabha MP, Madhya Pradesh
19. Which Ministry unveils ‘Sahakar Pragya’ to impart training to primary cooperative societies in rural areas?
A) Agriculture Ministry
B) Finance Ministry
C) Home Ministry
D) Women & Child Development Ministry
Answer: A) Agriculture Ministry
- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar unveiled Sahakar Pragya.
- The 45 new training modules of Sahakar Pragya of the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) will impart training to primary cooperative societies in rural areas of the country along with Lakshmanrao Inamdar National Cooperative Research and Development Academy.
- Agriculture Ministry – ‘Sahakar Pragya’ to impart training to primary cooperative societies in rural areas.
Agriculture and Farmers Welfare,
Rural Development and Panchayati Raj
Minister : Narendra Singh Tomar
Constituency : Morena, Madhya Pradesh
20. Himachal Pradesh launched an Abhiyan to sensitize the people regarding Covid-19 pandemic. What is the name of that Abhiyan?
A) Him Bela Abhiyan
B) Him Bharat Abhiyan
C) Him Suraksha Abhiyan
D) Him Swachh Abhiyan
Answer: C) Him Suraksha Abhiyan
- In Himachal Pradesh, the state government launched ‘Him Suraksha Abhiyan’ to sensitize the people regarding Covid-19 pandemic and also to collect information regarding symptoms of diseases like TB, Leprosy, sugar and blood pressure by door to door campaign throughout the State.
- Himachal Pradesh – ‘Him Suraksha Abhiyan’ to sensitize people about Covid-19 pandemic.
Capital : Shimla
CM : Jai Ram Thakur
Governor : Bandaru Dattatreya
21. Who unveiled a commemorative coin of the centennial foundation day of the University of Lucknow through a video conference?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Ram Nath Kovind
C) Amit Shah
D) Nirmala Sitharaman
Answer: A) Narendra Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled a commemorative coin of the centennial foundation day of the University of Lucknow through a video conference.
- He also released a special commemorative postal stamp issued by India Post and its special cover during the event.
PM Modi – Coin, Postal stamp to mark 100 years of Lucknow University.
22. Andhra Pradesh launched PM SVANidhi scheme for extending collateral-free loans up to Rs 10,000 each to street vendors in which name?
A) Jagananna Bagu
B) Jagananna Seghu
C) Jagananna Todu
D) Jagananna Nedu
Answer: C) Jagananna Todu
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy launched the PM Street Vendors AtmaNirbhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi) scheme, meant for extending collateral-free loans up to Rs 10,000 each to street vendors, but named it after himself, drawing flak from the BJP.
- The Chief Minister will release Rs 1,000 crore and the amount will be directly credited into the beneficiaries’ bank accounts.
- The Chief Minister renamed the Central Sector Scheme, fully-funded by the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, after himself as ‘Jagananna Todu’, claiming that the state government would bear the full interest on the loans.
AP CM – PM SVANidhi scheme, names it after Jagananna Todu’.
23. The Uttar Pradesh Cabinet approved a proposal to which airport as the Maryada Purshotam Shriram Airport?
Answer: C) Ayodhya
Uttar Pradesh – Proposal to Ayodhya airport as the Maryada Purshotam Shriram Airport.
Capital : Lucknow
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel