Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September – 25 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. World Pharmacists Day is observed on which date?
A) September 23
B) September 24
C) September 25
D) September 26
Answer: C) September 25
|September 25||World Pharmacists Day||“Transforming global health“|
|September 25||Antyodaya Diwas||–|
2. Gurpreet Singh Sandhu is related to which sport?
Answer: C) Football
- Indian men’s team goalkeeper Gurpreet Singh Sandhu and women’s squad’s mid-fielder Sanju were declared the winners of the All India Football Federation (AIFF) Footballer of the Year awards for the 2019-20 season.
- Gurpreet Singh Sandhu, Sanju – All India Football Federation (AIFF) Footballer of the Year awards for the 2019-20.
3. Which football team win the UEFA Super Cup beat Sevilla?
A) Bayern Munich
B) Manchester United
Answer: A) Bayern Munich
4. Legendary playback singer SP Balasubrahmanyam passed away. He won Padma Shri award in which year?
Answer: B) 2001
- He worked as an actor, singer, dubbing artist, film producer, and music director in myriad languages. As a singer, SPB recorded more than 40,000 songs in multiple languages.
- He has a Guinness World Record in his name for recording the highest number of songs and has been bestowed with national award for Best Male Playback Singer six times.
- SP Balasubrahmanyam was conferred with the Padma Shri Award in 2001 and Padma Bhushan in 2011.
5. What is the rank of India in World Risk Index 2020?
Answer: B) 89
- Released by the United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS), Bundnis Entwicklung Hilft and the University of Stuttgart in Germany.
- Total countries – 181
BANKING AND FINANCE
6. Which company gets RBI nod to set up Bharat Bill Payment unit to handle payment services related to bills?
A) Tata Capital Financial Services Ltd
B) Vakrangee Ltd
C) Bajaj Finance Limited
D) Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Limited
Answer: B) Vakrangee Ltd
7. Which Bank provides affordable loans via Bayer’s Better Life Farming initiative to provide holistic financial solutions to smallholder farmers and rural farming communities?
A) ICICI Bank
B) Axis Bank
C) Bandhan Bank
D) HDFC Bank
Answer: B) Axis Bank
Hq : Mumbai, Maharashtra
CEO : Mr Amitabh Chaudhary
Tagline : Badhti Ka Naam Zindagi
8. Which payments bank along with fintech partners has introduced NFC-based contactless payments solution for mass transit systems, especially state bus transport services in India?
A) Jio Payments Bank.
B) NSDL Payments Bank.
C) India Post Payments Bank
D) Fino Payments Bank
Answer: D) Fino Payments Bank
Fino Payments Bank:
HQ: Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO:Rishi Gupta
9. Which Organization has approved two loans totalling USD 570 million (about Rs 4,200 crore) for urban sector projects in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh?
D) World Bank
Answer: A) ADB
ADB has approved a USD 300 million loan to develop Rajasthan’s secondary towns and a USD 270 million loan for Madhya Pradesh Urban Services Improvement Project.
Asian Development Bank:
Hq: Manila, Philippines
Head : Masatsugu Asakawa
10. Rakesh Mohan is appointed as President of the Centre for Social and Economic Progress. He is also served which position?
A) Chairman of CBDC
B) RBI Governor
C) RBI Deputy Governor
D) Chairman Of SEBI
Answer: C) RBI Deputy Governor
- The Centre for Social and Economic Progress has appointed Vikram Singh Mehta as Chairman and former RBI deputy governor Rakesh Mohan as the Centre’s President.
- Vikram Singh Mehta was the former Chairman of the Shell Group of Companies in India.
11. Shivangi Singh is set to become first woman to fly Rafale. She is related to which state?
A) Andhra Pradesh
B) Uttar Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: B) Uttar Pradesh
Capital : Lucknow
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel
12. Which state United Nations award for its “outstanding contribution” towards the non-communicable diseases-related sustainable development goals?
A) Uttar Pradesh
B) Tamil Nadu
D) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: C) Kerala
Capital : Thiruvananthapuram
CM : Pinarayi Vijayan
Governor : Arif Mohammed Khan
13. Rat wins animal hero award for sniffing out unexploded landmines in Cambodia. What is the name of that rat?
Answer: A) Magawa
- A rat has for the first time won a British charity’s top civilian award for animal bravery, receiving the honor for searching out unexploded landmines in Cambodia.
- Magawa, a giant African pouched rat, was awarded the PDSA’s Gold Medal for his “lifesaving bravery and devotion” after discovering 39 landmines and 28 items of unexploded ordinance in the past seven years.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
14. Which organization and Wipro GE Healthcare has announced the inauguration of an advanced center for innovation and research?
A) IIT Madras
B) IISc Bangaluru
C) IIT Mandi
D) IIT Hyderabad
Answer: B) IISc Bangaluru
Indian Institute of Science (IISC) and Wipro GE Healthcare has announced the inauguration of an advanced center for innovation and research at the IISc campus in Bangalore- ‘WIPRO GE Healthcare – Computational and Data Sciences Collaborative Laboratory of Artificial Intelligence in Medical and Healthcare Imaging’.
15. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurate a virtual summit on artificial intelligence ‘RAISE 2020’ on October 5. Which Ministry Organized in this summit?
A) Ministry of Finance
B) Ministry of Education
C) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
D) Ministry of Culture
Answer: C) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will on October 5 inaugurate a virtual summit on artificial intelligence ‘RAISE 2020’, which is being jointly organised by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and the NITI Aayog.
- RAISE 2020 – Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020‘.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will virtually inaugurate the Vaishwik Bharatiya Vaigyanik (VAIBHAV) Summit scheduled to be held on 2nd of October this year.
16. Which state government has associated with CII in launching e-ICU project to control Covid-19?
A) Uttar Pradesh
B) Madhya Pradesh
D) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: C) Maharashtra
- The Maharashtra Government has associated with CII in launching e-ICU project, which will be very helpful in controlling the pandemic across the state and the country, at the inauguration of the CII Hospital Tech 2020 exhibition.
- It is a virtual exhibition and a digital conference with a theme of “Transforming Healthcare Digitally” for the healthcare sector.
- Maharashtra government has put a cap of 5500 rupees for convalescent plasma therapy treatment.
- The move comes after it has been reported that many hospitals and blood banks are charging hefty sums for the plasma therapy treatment.
Capital : Mumbai
CM : Udhav Thackarey
17. Which state government has announced four schemes for the tea industry?
Answer: D) Assam
Capital : Dispur
CM : Sarbananda Sonowal
Governor : Jagdish Mukhi
- A 3% interest subvention per year will be provided to those tea gardens which have taken a working capital loan, with an overall cap of Rs 20 lakh.
- Second, the state government will give a subsidy of Rs 7 per kg of ‘orthodox’ tea. The Tea Board of India already provides a Rs 3 subsidy per kg of ‘orthodox tea’, making it a total subsidy of Rs 10 per kg.
- Thirdly, Sarma said that if a tea garden purchases new machinery to manufacture ‘orthodox’ tea, then the state govt will help with a 25% capital subsidy.
- Lastly, he added, an agricultural income tax holiday for three years will be given for Assam’s tea gardens.
- Assam launched an app named ‘visitassam’ has been developed to ensure that proper social distancing is maintained and passengers are not delayed as filling up necessary forms at the airports is time consuming.