Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September – 24 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. World Maritime Day is observed on which date?
A) Second Thursday of September
B) First Thursday of September
C) Last Thursday of September
D) Third Thursday of September
Answer: C) Last Thursday of September
Theme – “Sustainable shipping for a sustainable planet”.
2. Legendary singer Juliette Greco passed away. She is related to which country?
D) New Zealand
Answer: B) France
Capital : Paris
currency : Euro
3. Suresh Angadi passed away. He served as Union Minister of State for which sector?
A) Women & Child Development
Answer: C) Railways
Veteran atomic scientist and former chairman of Atomic Energy Commission Dr Sekhar Basu succumbed to COVID-19 . He was awarded Padma Shri in 2014.
4. Which Institute is topped in QS Global MBA Rankings 2021?
A) Indian School of Business
B) IIM Calcutta
C) IIM Bangalore
D) IIM Ahmedabad
Answer: D) IIM Ahmedabad
5. According to Coursera, what is the rank of India among top global online learners?
|Rank||Global Online Learners|
BANKING AND FINANCE
6. IDFC First Bank will launch contactless debit card-based payment facility. What is the name of that facility?
- By simply waving one’s smartphone against a Near Field Communication (NFC) -enabled POS terminal.
- SafePay enables contactless payments of up to Rs 2,000 per transaction and up to a limit of Rs 20,000 per day.
IDFC first bank:
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO:Mr. V. Vaidyanathan
7. Which SFB launched small commercial vehicle finance for its customers in tier II and III cities?
A) Suryoday Small Finance Bank
B) A U Small Finance Bank
C) Utkarsh Small Finance Bank.
D) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank.
Answer: D) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
Ujjivan Small Finance Bank:
HQ : Bangalore, Karnataka
CEO : Samit Kumar Ghosh
8. Alexander Lukashenko is appointed as President of which country?
B) New Zealand
Answer: C) Belarus
9. Krushi Bhawan building was selected as the “People’s Choice Winner” at the AZ Awards 2020 in Social Good Category. Krushi Bhawan is placed in which state?
Answer: B) Odisha
Capital : Bhubaneswar
Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
Governor – Ganeshi Lal
10. How many awardees Won the National Service Scheme Awards for the year 2018-19 by President Ram Nath Kovind?
Answer: D) 42
11. Which country human rights group wins Norway’s Rafto Prize for human rights?
Answer: C) Egypt
Norway’s Rafto Prize for human rights was awarded to the Egyptian Commission for Rights and Freedoms (ECRF) for their “persistence in bravely resisting Egypt’s state of fear”.
Currency: Egyptian pound
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
12. Indian Railways extends pact with which IIT to facilitate research on railway modernization?
13. IIT Madras develops indigenous microprocessor named _________?
It can be used in applications at Metro stations, smart cards, EVMs and office management systems.
14. Which country rolls out new smartphone app to track and trace coronavirus?
C) New Zealand
Capital : London
Currency : Pound sterling
App Name – The NHS COVID-19 app
- A new smartphone app to boost the UK’s track-and-trace system to help control coronavirus transmissions will be rolled out across England and Wales.
- The new app will be available to those aged 16 years and above in multiple languages, including Indian languages such as Punjabi, Gujarati and Bengali.
15. UN and Britain to co-host a global climate summit on which date?
A) Dec 08
B) Dec 12
C) Dec 10
D) Dec 04
Answer: B) Dec 12
United Nations and Britain will co-host a global climate summit on December 12, the fifth anniversary of the landmark Paris Agreement.
16. India has released how much amount to Nepal towards housing and school sector assistance?
A) 2.54 billion Nepali rupees
B) 1.54 billion Nepali rupees
C) 3.54 billion Nepali rupees
D) 4.54 billion Nepali rupees
Answer:B) 1.54 billion Nepali rupees
- Out of this, the first tranche of USD 4.2 million for ongoing schools was reimbursed to the Government of Nepal.
- India has committed USD 150 million in grant and Line of Credit towards housing sector projects supported by it.
17. Which state launched the Mukhyamantri Grammya Paribahan Achoni scheme?
Capital : Dispur
CM : Sarbananda Sonowal
Governor : Jagdish Mukhi
- With an aim to improve rural connectivity and generate employment in the villages, chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal on Wednesday launched the Mukhyamantri Grammya Paribahan Achoni and distributed vehicles under the scheme to beneficiaries at a programme held at Assam Administrative Staff College. The scheme was launched by transport department following an announcement made by the Assam CM in the earlier year.
- The Assam government launched a scheme to provide cash value of ‘tola’ (nearly 10 gm) of gold to newlywed brides from economically backward families.
- As per provisions of the Arundhati Gold Scheme, the state government provides Rs 40,000 to girls from families with an annual income of less than Rs 5 lakh, provided the marriage is registered under Special Marriage Act, 1954.
- Both the bride and groom have to attain legal age of marriage i.e. 18 for girls and 21 for boys and must have passed at least Class 10 to be eligible for the scheme.
18. India conducted a successful night testfire of its indigenously developed nuclear capable surface-to-surface Prithvi-II missile. What is range of this Missile?
A) 250 Km
B) 300 Km
C) 350 Km
D) 400 Km
Answer:C) 350 Km
19. Who releases ‘Age -Appropriate Fitness Protocols’ on first anniversary of Fit India Movement?
A) Narendra Modi
B) RamNath Kovind
C) Nirmala Sitharaman
D) Amit Shah
Answer:A) Narendra Modi
On occasion of nation-wide online Fit India Dialogue, the Prime Minister launched Fit India Age-Appropriate Fitness Protocols. Mr Modi held interactions with cricketer Virat Kohli, actor Milind Soman, footballer Afshan Ashiq among others who shared their fitness experiences with him.
20. Which state deposited an interest-free loan amount of 10 thousand rupees each in accounts of rural street vendors?
A) Madhya Pradesh
B) Andhra Pradesh
C) Uttar Pradesh
D) Himachal Pradesh
Answer:A) Madhya Pradesh
Under the Mukhyamantri Street Vendor Scheme, working capital of up to 10 thousand rupees will be provided by the bank without any guarantee and interest for small businessmen between 18 and 55 years of age. This loan will have to be repaid within a year.
CM: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor : Anandiben Patel
21. Uttar Pradesh launched a unified portal to guide students in learning, career counselling, and getting employment in the state.
What is the name of that portal?
UP govt gives Rs 100 cr boost to 82.15 km Delhi-Meerut high-speed rail corridor.
Capital : Lucknow
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel
22. A unique tram library introduced in which place?
A) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
B) Kolkata, West Bengal
C) Jaipur, Rajasthan
D) Hyderabad, Telangana
Answer:B) Kolkata, West Bengal
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee announced a grant of Rs 50,000 to each Durga Puja committee in the state.
Capital : Kolkata
CM : Mamata Banerjee
Governor : Jagdeep Dhankhar