Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September – 19 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. The International Coastal Clean-Up Day is observed on which date?
A) September 15
B) September 19
C) September 18
D) September 17
Answer:B) September 19
- International Coastal Cleanup (ICC) Day takes place on the third Saturday in September every year.
- First International Equal Pay day is observed on 18 September.
2. Ruth Bader Ginsburg passed away. She served as the second female justice on which country Supreme Court?
Capital : Washington D.C
Currency :US Dollar
3. Former Lok Sabha Member Roza Deshpande passed away. He is related to which party?
Veteran BJP leader and former Mulund legislator Sardar Tara Singh passed away.
ACQUISITIONS AND MERGERS
4. CCI approves acquisition of approximately howmany % share capital of Alstom S.A. by Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec?
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approves acquisition of sole control over Bombardier Transportation’s (Bombardier Transport) by Alstom S.A. (Alstom), and acquisition of approximately 18% and 3% share capital of Alstom S.A. by Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) and Bombardier Inc (Bombardier) respectively, under Section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002.
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approves acquisition of Nutrition & Biosciences, Inc. (“Spinco”) by International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (“IFF”) under Section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002.
5. Who will be the new Secretary National Commission for Backward Classes?
A) Apurva Chandra
B) Manoj Suresh
C) Anand Kumar
D) S Aparna
Answer:C) Anand Kumar
|Anand Kumar||New Secretary National Commission for Backward Classes|
|S Aparna||The next Secretary Department of Pharmaceuticals|
|Apurva Chandra||New Secretary Ministry of Labour and Employment|
6. Anil Dhasmana has been appointed as the chief of National Technical Research Organisation. He is replaced whom?
A) Nilam Jha
B) Chandran Jha
C) Satish Jha
D) Sandhosh Jha
Answer:C) Satish Jha
7. Who is chaired the meeting of the High Level Taskforce constituted to improve the air quality in National Capital Region of Delhi?
A) Ravi Prakash
B) Raj Kumar Sinha
C) Manoj Singh
D) Dr. P. K. Mishra
Answer:D) Dr. P. K. Mishra
8. Who won the New York Academy of Sciences’ ‘Tracking Coronavirus Innovation Challenge’?
A) Suga Datanwala
B) Balaji Datanwala
C) Esha Datanwala
D) Tiru Datanwala
Answer: C) Esha Datanwala
Indian youth Esha Datanwala wins NYAS challenge, builds predictive system for pandemics.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
9. Tata Group and which organization have developed India’s first CRISPR Covid-19 test?
10. India and which country agree to resume Joint Coordinated Border Patrolling to reduce criminal activities?
A) New Zealand
Capital : Dhaka
Currency : Bangladeshi Taka
11. Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha announces how much amount package to boost tourism, other sectors in J&K?
A) Rs, 4,350-cr
B) Rs, 1,350-cr
C) Rs, 3,350-cr
D) Rs, 2,350-cr
Answer:B) Rs, 1,350-cr
In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha launched the National Generic Document Registration System (NGDRS) at a ceremony organized at Deputy Commissioner’s office in Srinagar.
Jammu and Kashmir:
Capital : Srinagar(summer), Jammu(winter)
Governor : Manoj Sinha
12. National Jal Jeevan Mission in partnership with which Ministry has launched an ICT Grand Challenge to develop a ‘Smart Water Supply Measurement and Monitoring System’?
A) Finance Ministry
B) Home Ministry
C) Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology
D) Ministry of Education
Answer:C) Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology
The pilot will be conducted at 100 villages. The best solution will receive a cash prize of Rs 50 lakh and runner-ups will get a prize of Rs 20 lakh each.
13. Which state Government body has started an e-business platform to help women farmers and members of self-help groups get good prices for their agricultural produce?
A) Uttar Pradesh
The Maharashtra government’s Mahila Aarthik Vikas Mahamandal, better known by its acronym MAVIM, has started an e-business platform to help women farmers and members of self-help groups get good prices for their agricultural produce.
Capital : Mumbai
CM : Udhav Thackarey
14. Which organization has set up eight advanced technology centres to carry out research on futuristic military applications?
A committee headed by Prof V Ramagopal Rao, Director of Delhi IIT, has been appointed to suggest measures to improve efficiency of the DRDO laboratories across the country with an aim to boost the domestic defence production.
Hq : New Delhi
Chairman : G. Satheesh Reddy
15. Which state government introduces “Covid Suspects Wards” in all major hospitals of the state?
A) Andhra Pradesh
B) Tamil Nadu
C) Uttar Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer:B) Tamil Nadu
CM : Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Governor : Banwarilal Purohit
- Tamil Nadu becomes the first state to come out with Tamil Nadu Safe and Ethical Artificial Intelligence (AI), Blockchain and Cybersecurity policies in the country.
- The policies were unveiled by Chief Minister Edapaddi K Palaniswami during the valedictory session of the 19th edition of Connect 2020.
- Tamil Nadu Skill Development Corporation , Coursera tie up to train 50,000 unemployed youth amidst Covid-19.
- Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami inaugurated a check dam worth ₹17.39 crore at Kodimangalam.
- Tamil Nadu’s investment promotion agency inks agreement with Indian School of Business aims at working on a broad objective of economic recovery and growth monitoring, especially in the post COVID-19 period.
16. Which state government inaugurates ‘cOcOn 2020’ cybersecurity and hacking conference?
C) Andhra Pradesh
Governor Arif Mohammad Khan will inaugurate cOcOn 2020 – the cybersecurity and hacking conference – being organised jointly by Kerala Police, the Society for the Policing of Cyberspace (POLCYB) and the Information Security Research Association.
Capital : Thiruvananthapuram
CM : Pinarayi Vijayan
Governor : Arif Mohammed Khan