Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September – 18 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. World Bamboo day is observed on September 18. What is the theme of that day?
A) BAMBOO HOME
B) BAMBOO NOW
C) BAMBOO LIFE
D) BAMBOO LIVE
Answer:B) BAMBOO NOW
This year is 11 edition.
2. Who won the prestigious 48th Annual World Open online chess tournament?
A) P Iniyan
B) Magnus Carlsen
C) Jose Raul Capablanca
D) Bobby Fischer
Answer:A) P Iniyan
- He cherishes defeating World No 2 Fabiano Caruana.
- The Saint Louis Rapid and Blitz online chess tournament.
- Indian Grandmaster P Harikrishna maintained his joint fifth place in the Saint Louis Rapid and Blitz online chess tournament even as American Wesley So climbed to the top spot ahead of world champion Magnus Carlsen.
3. According to report by WPP Plc and Kantar, which company is topped among the country’s 75 most-valuable brands?
A) Reliance Retail
B) HDFC Bank
C) Life Insurance Corporation
D) Tata Consultancy Services
Answer:B) HDFC Bank
Hq: Mumbai , Maharashtra
Tagline : We Understand Your World
CEO :Sashidhar Jagdishan
|2nd||Life Insurance Corporation|
|3rd||Tata Consultancy Services|
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. Which rural Bank has launched a special gold loan scheme “Vikas Laghu Suvarna”?
A) Karnataka Gramin Bank
B) Kaveri Gramin Bank
C) Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank
D) Pragathi Krishna Gramin Bank
Answer: C) Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank
Karnataka Vikas Grameen Bank:
Headquarters: Dharwad, Karnataka
Chairman : Puttaganti Gopi Krishna
- The Dharwad-headquartered Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB) has launched a special gold loan scheme — Vikas Laghu Suvarna — with a reduced interest rate of 7.25 per cent.
- Under this new gold loan scheme, the bank is giving 80 % of the market value subject to a maximum of Rs 3,200/gram. A customer can avail up to maximum loan of Rs 15 lakh which is repayable within a period of maximum 6 months.
5. Which organization invests $500 million to BMRCL’s line linking Central Silk Board Junction to Kempegowda International Airport?
A) World Bank
Asian Development Bank:
Hq: Manila, Philippines
Head : Masatsugu Asakawa
6. The European Investment Bank approved how much amount of new financing for projects across Europe and around the world?
A) € 15.6 billion
B) € 10.6 billion
C) € 11.6 billion
D) € 12.6 billion
Answer:D) € 12.6 billion
|€ 3.6 billion||To help businesses to better withstand COVID-19 challenges|
|€ 3 billion||For renewable energy and energy transition|
|€ 2.9 billion||To improve urban and national sustainable transport|
The European Investment Bank:
Head: Werner Hoyer
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
7. JP Nadda releases ‘Lord of the Records’ book to mark PM Modi’s birthday. This book is authored by whom?
A) Dr Harish Chandra Burnwal
B) Dr Pari Chandra Burnwal
C) Dr Kesav Chandra Burnwal
D) Dr Sadguru Chandra Burnwal
Answer:A) Dr Harish Chandra Burnwal
8. Pankaj Saran is reappointed as the Deputy National Security Advisor for how many years?
9. Centre sets up high-level committee to prepare roadmap for regularisation of land leasing in agri sector. Who is headed in this committee?
A) Shri Ajay Tirkey
B) Smt. M. Lata
C) Shri Sanjeev Kumar
D) Shri Madhu Thota
Answer:A) Shri Ajay Tirkey
A Niti Aayog expert committee led by T Haq had proposed legalising land leasing to promote agricultural efficiency, equity and poverty reduction and to ensure complete security of the ownership rights of the landowner as well as security of tenure for the tenant through the agreed lease period.
10. Narendra Singh Tomar is appointed as additional charge of Food Processing Industries Ministry. He is also which ministry?
A) WCD Ministry
B) Agriculture Ministry
C) Power Ministry
D) Finance Ministry
Answer:B) Agriculture Ministry
Agriculture and Farmers Welfare,
Rural Development and Panchayati Raj:
Minister : Narendra Singh Tomar
Constituency : Morena, Madhya Pradesh
11. Who has been named by the United Nations to the 2020 cohort of young leaders for the Sustainable Development Goals?
A) Kavita Shukla
B) Trishneet Arora
C) Udit Singhal
D) Advait Thakur
Answer:C) Udit Singhal
He is the founder of Glass2Sand, a zero-waste ecosystem that addresses the growing menace of glass waste in Delhi.
12. K.A. Padmanabhan has been selected for the ‘Lifetime contribution award in engineering’ for 2020. He is former dean of which IIT?
A) IIT Madras
B) IIT Hyderabad
C) IIT Delhi
D) IIT Kozhikode
Answer:A) IIT Madras
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
13. Ashok Leyland, Hindustan Zinc team up with which IIT to develop Zinc air battery?
A) IIT Kanpur
B) IIT Kharagpur
C) IIT Madras
D) IIT Hyderabad
Answer:C) IIT Madras
Ricovr Healthcare Inc., a US-based rapid diagnostics platform company, and IIT-Madras have developed a point-of-care Covid-19 antigen test that can provide results in five minutes using saliva samples. This project won the prestigious ‘Ignition Grants’ Award from the US India Science and Technology Endowment Fund (USISTEF)
14. Which Ministry inaugurated basic infrastructure projects of Rs 6.99 crore in Bhojpur district of Bihar?
A) Power Ministry
B) Education Ministry
C) Home Ministry
D) MSME Ministry
Answer:A) Power Ministry
Ministry of Power , New and Renewable Energy:
Minister: Rajkumar singh
constituency : Arrah , Bihar
- The minister inaugurated the CSR projects undertaken by REC Ltd in Barhara.
- Union Power Minister inaugurates REC CSR projects worth Rs. 1.64 Crore in Koilwar (Bhojpur District), Bihar.
- Prime Minister to lay foundation Stone of nine highway projects worth over Rs 14,000 crore in Bihar.These nine highwayprojects involve a road length of about 350 kilometers at a cost of Rs 14,258 Crore.
- Prime Minister to inaugurate Optical Fibre internet services in the state.
15. Which edition of the International Film Festival of Kerala to be held during 12-19 February 2021?
16. Which state has announced a subsidy scheme to encourage use of electric vehicles?
A) Andhra Pradesh
B) Uttar Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: D) Gujarat
The State government will offer subsidy of ₹12,000 for a battery-operated electric two-wheeler, and ₹48,000 for an e-rickshaw (three-wheeler).
Capital : Gandhinagar
CM : Vijay Rupani
Governor : Acharya Dev Vrat
17. The Government has launched the 112 Emergency Response Support System for a single number based assistance in emergencies to which category person in distress?
18. Which State/UT launched bicycle sharing stations at 41 vantage locations across the capital as part of the Smart City project?
A) Jammu & Kashmir
The bicycle docking points are being set up on an estimated cost of ₹5.50 crore.
CM : V Narayanasamy
Governor : Kiran Bedi