Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September – 17 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. World Patient safety Day is observed on which date?
A) September 19
B) September 17
C) September 18
D) September 13
Answer:B) September 17
- The theme for Patient safety this year is “Health Worker Safety: A Priority for Patient Safety” .
- The Slogan is “Safe health workers, Safe patients”.
2. Rajya Sabha MP Ashok Gasti passed away. He is related to which party?
Answer: A) BJP
3. Amitabha Ghosh passed away. He is served in which organization?
Answer: A) RBI
- Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) Governor for 21 days, Amitabha Ghosh, passed away.
- Ghosh was the deputy governor between January 21, 1982 to January 20, 1987, and again got an extension till January 20, 1992.
- Prior to joining the RBI, Ghosh was the chairman of Allahabad Bank.
4. Ayurveda physician PR Krishnakumar passes away. He won Padmashri award in which year?
Answer: D) 2009
- In Tamil Nadu, prominent Ayurveda physician and Managing Director of the iconic Coimbatore Arya Vaidya Pharmacy, PR Krishnakumar passed away.
- He had been conferred the Padmasri award in 2009.
- He had also been the recipient of the National Ayurveda Award instituted by the Government of India.
Capital : Chennai
CM: Edappadi K Palaniswami
Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
5. Paris St Germain’s Neymar is related to which sports?
B) Volley Ball
C) Base Ball
D) Basket Ball
Paris St Germain’s Neymar has been given a two-match ban for striking out at Olympique de Marseille’s Alvaro Gonzalez.
6. What is the rank of India in World Bank’s annual Human Capital Index 2020?
Answer: B) 116
Total countries – 174 countries.
7. Which place is topped in the 2020 Smart City Index?
Answer: C) Singapore
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) , in collaboration with Singapore. University for Technology and Design (SUTD) , has released the 2020 Smart City Index.
Currency: Singapore Dollar
BANKING AND FINANCE
8. Which organization has developed standardized products for bridging protection gap?
Answer: C) IRDAI
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (Irdai) is looking to come out with a series of standardised products for various sectors so that the protection quotient in each segment can be increased significantly.
- It is developing a standard term product in the life insurance space, and two offerings in the MSME segment–one for micro enterprises, the other for small industries.
- Furthermore, A standard product for dwelling units will be rolled out soon.
IRDAI – Develop standardized products for bridging protection gap.
9. Which AMC a new campaign called SIFI to make investors more aware about the benefits of investing in fixed income products?
A) Reliance Mutual Fund.
B) IDFC Mutual Fund
C) ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund.
D) Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund
Answer: B) IDFC Mutual Fund
SIFI – `SIP in Fixed Income’
SIP – Systematic Investment Plans
10. Which bank has introduced a lead management system(LMS) named as i-Lead 2.0 to Increase Reach Of Banking Services?
A) Bank of Baroda
B) Indian Overseas Bank
C) Canara Bank
D) Bank of Maharashtra
Answer:C) Canara Bank
i-Lead 2.0 – Inspiring Leads System version 2.0
MD & CEO : Lingham Venkata Prabhakar
Tagline: Together We can
11. Which bank launched video Know Your Customer facility for its customers?
A) Bandhan Bank
B) IndusInd Bank
C) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
D) HDFC Bank
Answer: D) HDFC Bank
HQ : Mumbai
Tagline: We understand your world
CEO: Sashidar Jagdishan
12. Who is whole time director of ICICI Bank?
A) Sandhosh Batra
B) Sathish Batra
C) Sandeep Batra
D) Sarath Batra
Answer: C) Sandeep Batra
MD & CEO: Sandeep Bakshi
Tagline : Hum Hai Na, KhayaiApka
13. Who will be honored with the prestigious 2020 Asia Game Changer Award?
A) Tarla Dalal.
B) Sanjeev Kapoor.
C) Vikas Khanna
D) Madhur Jaffrey.
Answer: C) Vikas Khanna
Michelin-star chef Vikas Khanna will be honored with the prestigious 2020 Asia Game Changer Award for feeding millions across India amid the COVID-19 pandemic through a massive food distribution drive that he coordinated from thousands of miles away in his Manhattan home.
14. How many institutions won Second Utkrisht Sansthan Vishwakarma Award?
- Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ virtually confers Second Utkrisht Sansthan Vishwakarma Award in 14 categories to the Institutions under AICTE on Vishwakarma Divas Celebration.
- Out of 103 institutions, 34 were selected for the awards.
UtkrishtSansthanVishwakarma Award (USVA) 2020 has proposed the theme of the year as “INDIA FIGHTS CORONA”.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
15. The Walmart Foundation has announced grant of howmuch amount in improving farmer livelihoods in India?
A) $45 million
B) $35 million
C) $15 million
D) $25 million
Answer:D) $25 million
Approximately Rs 180 crore over 5 years.
16. Which company and Amazon Web Services to co-develop a forecasting framework for the retail sector?
Answer: D) Ganit
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
17. Which IIT has created a business resource platform titled Technopark@iitk to allow the beleaguered MSMEs to leverage the Institute’S R&D strengths?
A) IIT Kanpur
B) IIT Kharagpur
C) IIT Mandi
D) IIT Madras
Answer: A) IIT Kanpur
18. 10th Meeting of the BRICS High Representatives on National Security chaired by which country?
This year Russia is chair of BRICS and SCO.
19. Which Organization partners with Whatsapp launched a WhatsApp chatbot for people to access its digital literacy services and resources?
Answer: A) CSC
The Digital Beti initiative in English, Hindi and seven other regional languages.
WhatsApp account – +91-9999189321.
20. Who has inaugurated ‘edaakhil.nic.in’ a portal for e-filing of consumer disputes?
A) Justice H. L. Dattu
B) Justice T. S. Thakur
C) Justice Rajendra Mal Lodha
D) Justice Bhushan Gavai
Answer:D) Justice Bhushan Gavai
- It has been developed by National Informatics Centre.
- Justice Gavai will the release of a handbook on the new Consumer Protection Act 2019, authored by Justice Ashok Pitambar Bhangale.
21. Which state government launched “Swachhata Cafe” on the birthday of Prime Minister Narendra Modi?
A) Himachal Pradesh
B) Madhya Pradesh
C) Arunachal Pradesh
D) Andhra Pradesh
Answer:A) Himachal Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur virtually inaugurated the “Swachhata Cafe” at Nalagarh in Solan district on the birthday of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The Cafe is being operated by Laxmi and Durga women self help groups.
- Chief Minister said ‘Swachhata Park’ is also being opened at Kufri in district Shimla.
Himachal Pradesh – “Swachhata Cafe”, ‘Swachhata Park’
22. Which state/UT has launched ‘Jan Abhiyan’ programme to ensure prompt & hassle free public service delivery?
A) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer:A) Jammu & Kashmir
Jammu & Kashmir:
Capital: Srinagar(Summer ) Jammu (Winter)
Governor: Manoj Sinha
23. Sports Ministry is set to upgrade eight Khelo India State Centres of Excellence (KISCE) at an estimated cost of howmuch amount?
A) Rs. 105.19 crore
B) Rs. 115.19 crore
C) Rs. 75.19 crore
D) Rs. 95.19 crore
Answer:D) Rs. 95.19 crore
- Sports Ministry is set to upgrade eight Khelo India State Centres of Excellence (KISCE) at an estimated cost of Rs. 95.19 crore with an aim to identify and groom future Olympic champions.
- Eight states that have been approved for setting up of KISCEs in the first leg are Odisha, Mizoram, Telengana, Manipur, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Karnataka and Kerala.
24. Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurated India’s first General Aviation Terminal at which airport?
A) Hyderabad Airport
B) Delhi Airport
C) Bangaluru Airport
D) Chennai Airport
Answer:B) Delhi Airport
25. Which state government launched a new road accident insurance scheme to provide timely treatment to victims?
A) Uttar Pradesh
B) Andhra Pradesh
CM: Udhav Thackarey
- THE UDDHAV Thackeray-led state government Wednesday launched a new road accident insurance scheme named after late Shiv Sena chief Balasaheb Thackeray, to provide timely treatment to victims that could help to reduce the fatality rate.
- Under the Balasaheb Thackeray Accidental Insurance Scheme, an accident victim will be provided treatment in nearby hospitals in the first 72 hours of the incident, a statement issued by the Chief Minister’s Office said. Treatment up to Rs 30,000 will be provided free of charge from about 74 treatment procedures, including treatment in the intensive care unit (ICU) and ward, fractures as well as meals in the hospital.
Maharashtra – A new road accident insurance scheme – to provide timely treatment to victims.