Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
OCTOBER – 22 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Julia Goerges announced retirement. She is related to which sports?
C) Table Tennis
Former Wimbledon semifinalist Julia Goerges announced her retirement from tennis.
Julia Goerges – Tennis – Germany.
Capital : Berlin
Currency : Euro
2. Playback singer, music director and actor K J Mohammed Babu passed away. He was popularly known as which name?
A) ‘Note’ Babu
B) ‘Legend’ Babu
C) ‘Zero’ Babu
D) ‘One’ Babu
Answer: C) ‘Zero’ Babu
- Babu was a recipient of the Sangeetha Nataka Akademi Award.
- K J Mohammed Babu – Playback singer, music director and actor.
3. Jaya Suvarna passes away. He was the former chairman of which co-operative Bank Ltd?
A) Bharat Cooperative Bank(Mumbai) Ltd.
B) Ahmedabad Mercantile Co-Op Bank Ltd
C) Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank Ltd
D) Bombay Mercantile Co-operative Bank Limited
Answer: A) Bharat Cooperative Bank(Mumbai) Ltd.
- The former chairman of Bharat Cooperative Bank (Mumbai) Ltd. and founder-president of Rashtriya Billava Mahamandala Jaya C. Suvarna passed away.
- Jaya C. Suvarna – The former chairman of Bharat Cooperative Bank (Mumbai) Ltd. and founder-president of Rashtriya Billava Mahamandala.
4. Which organization is topped on the list of Indian PSUs under ‘World’s Best Employer 2020’, published by Forbes?
Answer: C) NTPC
NTPC – Top on the list of Indian PSUs under ‘World’s Best Employer 2020’, published by Forbes.
Hq : New Delhi, India
Chairman : Shri Gurdeep Singh
BANKING AND FINANCE
5. IMF approves $156 million for Cameroon to finance Covid-19 response. What is capital of Cameroon?
Answer: C) Yaounde
IMF -$156 million for Cameroon to finance Covid-19 response.
Currency: Central African CFA franc
6. The Reserve Bank of India said the payment operators must shift to interoperable Quick Response (QR) codes by which year?
A) February 2022
B) January 2022
C) April 2022
D) March 2022
Answer: D) March 2022
RBI – Payment operators must shift to interoperable QR code by March 2022.
Reserve Bank of India:
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Governor– Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors– 4 (Bibhu Prasad Kanungo, Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao)
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
7. Which IT company and SAP to offer advanced customer-specific content and training assets and boost productivity?
Answer: B) Wipro
Wipro + SAP = Help organisations improve productivity.
8. Sushil Kumar Singhal is appointed as as the next High Commissioner of India to which country?
A) Saudi Arabia
C) South Sudan
D) The Solomon Islands
Answer: D) The Solomon Islands
Sushil Kumar Singhal – The next High Commissioner of India to The Solomon Islands.
The Solomon Islands:
Capital : Honiara
Currency : Solomon Islands dollar
9. Saad Hariri becomes new Prime Minister of which country?
A) Saudi Arabia
D) The Solomon Islands
Answer: C) Lebanon
Saad Hariri – New Prime Minister of Lebanon.
Capital : Beirut
Currency : Lebanese Pound
10. Kaanthi has won the award for the best film at the India International Film Festival of Boston. Who is the director of this film?
A) Adoor Gopalakrishnan
C) Ramu Kariat
D) Ashok R. Nath
Answer: D) Ashok R. Nath
- Actor Shylaja P. Ambu, who played one of the lead roles in the film, won the award for the best actor (female).
- Kaanthi – The best film at the India International Film Festival of Boston.
11. Who won The Quaid Millat Award for Honesty in Politics/Public Life, 2020?
Answer: D) Bilkis
- The Quaid Millat Award for Honesty in Politics/Public Life, 2020, will be shared by 82-year-old Bilkis, who led the protest against the Citizenship (Amendment) Act.
- Bilkis – The Quaid Millat Award for Honesty in Politics/Public Life, 2020.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
12. Which country has developed a breath test to detect COVID-19 within a minute?
Answer: A) Singapore
Singapore – A breath test to detect COVID-19 within a minute.
Capital : Singapore
Currency : Singapore Dollar
13. The United States approved the potential sale of three weapon systems to Taiwan. What is the total value of this systems?
A) USD 4.8 billion
B) USD 1.8 billion
C) USD 3.8 billion
D) USD 2.8 billion
Answer: B) USD 1.8 billion
US – Approve $1.8 billion in arms sales to Taiwan amid tensions with China.
Capital : Washington D.C
Currency :US Dollar
Capital : Taipei
Currency : New Taiwan Dollar
14. Prahlad Singh Patel virtually launched Life in Miniature project. The project is a collaboration between the National Museum of which state/UT and Google Arts and Culture?
B) New Delhi
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: B) New Delhi
Culture & Tourism Minister – Launch Life in Miniature project.
Culture and Tourism:
Minister : Prahalad Singh Patel
Constituency : Damoh, Madhya Pradesh
Capital: New Delhi
CM: Arvind Kejriwal
Governor: Anil Baijal
15. Which Airport has partnered with the Airports Council International (ACI) to keep the passengers updated on the latest health and safety procedures followed at various aerodromes?
A) Mumbai International Airport
B) Hyderabad International Airport
C) Bangalore International Airport
D) Kolkata International Airport
Answer: A) Mumbai International Airport
Mumbai International Airport + ACI – Provide info on safety measures.
16. Which Ministry has launched the ‘e-Dharti Geo Portal’ that will integrate legacy drawings such as maps and lease plans in the management information system and make it geographic information system (GIS)-enabled?
A) Women and Child Development Ministry
B) Home Ministry
C) Finance Ministry
D) Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry
Answer: D) Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry
Hardeep Singh Puri – ‘e-Dharti Geo portal’.
Housing and Urban Affairs, Civil Aviation:
Minister : Hardeep Singh Puri
Constituency : Rajaya sabha MP, Uttar Pradesh
17. which state has launched the ‘micro ATM’ service in rural areas of the state?
A) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: D) Meghalaya
The initiative is being promoted by the Meghalaya State Rural Livelihood Society (MSRLS) in partnership with the Meghalaya Rural Bank (MRB) and the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD).
Meghalaya – The ‘micro ATM’ service in rural areas of the state.
CM : Conrad Sangma
Governor : Satya Pal Malik