Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December – 17 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. India has pledged a sum of how much amount to the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) towards its scientific research budget to ensure an atmosphere of Clean Sport?
A) $2 million
B) $1 million
C) $3 million
D) $4 million
Answer: B) $1 million
- India has pledged a sum of $1 million to the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) towards its scientific research budget to ensure an atmosphere of Clean Sport globally, which will allow the global agency to develop innovative anti-doping testing and detection methods.
- The money will also be used to further strengthen WADA’s independent investigations and intelligence department.
India – contribute $1 million to WADA to support anti-doping research.
2. Mohammad Amir is related to which sports?
Answer: A) Cricket
- Pacer Mohammad Amir confirmed his retirement from international cricket to the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).
- The Pakistan pacer played 36 Tests, 61 ODIs, and 50 T20Is. Amir went on to take 259 wickets across three formats of the game. Amir had played his first international match during the 2009 T20 World Cup.
Mohammad Amir – retirement from international cricket to the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).
3. R N Shetty passed away. He was related to which field?
Answer: C) Philanthropist
- Eminent businessman and philanthropist R N Shetty died.
- The Federation of Karnataka Chambers of Commerce and Industries had bestowed on him the Visvesvaraya Memorial Award in 2004, and the Bengaluru University conferred an honorary doctorate in 2009.
R N Shetty – Businessman and philanthropist.
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. Whatsapp partnering with which insurance company to offer consumers health insurance products?
A) Aegon General Insurance
B) ICICI Prudential General Insurance
C) SBI General Insurance
D) Bharti AXA General Insurance
Answer: C) SBI General Insurance
Whatsapp + SBI General Insurance = to offer consumers health insurance products.
SBI General Insurance Co. Ltd: Hq : Mumbai , Maharashtra
CEO : Prakash Chandra Kandpal
5. Which bank in partnership with Mastercard announced the launch of its first metal credit card – ‘PIONEER Heritage?
A) Bandhan Bank
B) ICICI Bank
C) HDFC Bank
D) IndusInd Bank
Answer: D) IndusInd Bank
IndusInd Bank in partnership with Mastercard the launch a metal credit card called ‘PIONEER Heritage’ for the Bank’s ultra-high net worth segment of customers. Customers will have access to a wide range of privileges like travel, wellness, lifestyle among others.
- Complimentary personal air accident cover of Rs. 2.5 crores
- Insurance cover for a sum up to the credit limit on the card
- Lost baggage insurance of Rs.1,00,000
- Loss of travel document insurance of Rs. 75,000
IndusInd Bank + Mastercard = Metal credit card called ‘PIONEER Heritage’.
Hq: Pune , Maharashtra
CEO : Sumant Kathpalia
Tagline : We make You Feel Richer, We Care DilSe
6. Shashi Shekhar Vempati elected vice president of Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union. He was served as CEO of which Telecom company?
A) Prasar Bharati
Answer: A) Prasar Bharati
- Prasar Bharati CEO Shashi Shekhar Vempati was elected as the vice president of Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union, one of the largest broadcasting associations in the world.
- The Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union was formed in 1964 as a professional association of broadcasting organisations with over 286 members in 57 countries and regions, reaching the potential population of about three billion people.
Shashi Shekhar Vempati – Vice president of Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union.
7. How many persons won the prestigious “Young Champions of the Earth” 2020 prize given by the UN environment agency to global change-makers using innovative ideas and ambitious action?
Answer: D) 7
Vidyut Mohan:Vidyut Mohan, an engineer, Indian entrepreneur, is the co-founder of “Takachar”, a social enterprise enabling farmers to prevent open burning of their waste farm residues and earn extra income by converting them into value-added chemicals like activated carbon on-site.
Nzambi Matee:Nzambi Matee from Kenya, a Materials engineer and head of Gjenge Makers, which produces sustainable low-cost construction materials made of recycled plastic waste and sand.
Xiaoyuan Ren from China who leads MyH2O, a data platform that tests and records the quality of groundwater across a thousand villages in rural China into an app so residents know where to find clean water.
Lefteris Arapakis:Lefteris Arapakis, 26, from Greece founded the start-up Enaleia, through which the team trains, empowers and incentivises the local fishing community to collect plastic from the sea, allowing both fish stocks and the ecosystem to recover.
Max Hidalgo Quinto:Max Hidalgo Quinto from Peru founded Yawa, building portable wind turbines that harvest up to 300 litres of water per day from atmospheric humidity and mist.
Niria Alicia Garcia:Niria Alicia Garcia, 28, from the US coordinates – alongside a community of indigenous activists – the annual Run 4 Salmon event using virtual reality to bring to life the historical journey of the Sacramento chinook salmon along California’s largest watershed, raising awareness of this invaluable ecosystem, the species and people it supports.
Fatemah Alzelzela:Fatemah Alzelzela from Kuwait started Eco Star, a non-profit recycling initiative that exchanges trees and plants for waste from homes, schools and businesses in Kuwait.
7 winners – UNEP prize for global change-makers.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
8. India successfully launched its latest communication satellite CMS-01 in which rocket at the spaceport of Sriharikota?
Answer: A) PSLV-C50
- India successfully launched its latest communication satellite CMS-01 on board its Polar rocket from the spaceport the second and last launch this year amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- ISRO’s trusted polar satellite launch vehicle–PSLV-C50– injected the satellite around 20 minutes after the lift-off from the second launch pad at the spaceport of Sriharikota
- PSLV-C50 is the 22nd flight of PSLV in ‘XL’ configuration (equipped with six strap-on motors), and it was the 77th launch vehicle mission from Sriharikota
- It follows the successful launch of PSLV-C49 (EOS-01) earth observation satellite and nine customer spacecraft on November 7 which was ISRO’s first mission of the year amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
PSLV-C50 – carrying communication satellite CMS-01 lifts off.
9. India and Bangladesh signed how many MoUs and agreements during the virtual summit between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina?
Answer: D) 7
- India and Bangladesh signed seven MoUs and agreements during the virtual summit between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
- The agreements include a framework of understanding in Hydrocarbon sector, framework agreement on High Impact Community Development Project (HICDP), protocol on transborder elephant conservation, an MoU on the supply of equipment and improvement of Garbage and solid waste disposal, MoU in the field of agriculture, an MoU between National Museum Delhi and Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Memorial museum, Dhaka and terms of reference for India Bangladesh CEO forum.
- The two leaders jointly inaugurated the restored Chilahati – Haldibari rail route re-linking Bangladesh with North Bengal in India. This is the fifth of the six cross-border rail routes. severed in 1965 by the then Pakistani Government, to be restored.
- India and Bangladesh also agreed to set up a high level CEO forum between the top CEOs of both the countries to provide policy level inputs for enhancing bilateral trade and investment as well as export to third countries.
- India also released a postal stamp to commemorate Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman on the occasion.
India + Bangladesh = sign 7 MoUs, agreements.
Capital : Dhaka
Currency : Bangladeshi Taka
10. Which edition of India-Indonesia Coordinated Patrol (IND-INDO CORPAT) between the Indian Navy and the Indonesian Navy is being conducted in Indian Ocean Region?
Answer: C) 35
- The 35th edition of India-Indonesia Coordinated Patrol (IND-INDO CORPAT) between the Indian Navy and the Indonesian Navy is being conducted from 17 to 18 December 2020.
- Indian Naval Ship (INS) Kulish, an indigenously built missile corvette along with P8I Maritime Patrol Aircraft (MPA) will undertake coordinated patrol with Indonesian Naval Ship KRI Cut Nyak Dien, a Kapitan Pattimura (Parchim I) class corvette and a MPA of the Indonesian Navy.
IND-INDO CORPAT – 35th Edition Of India – Indonesia Coordinated Patrol.
Capital : Jakarta
Currency : Rupiah
11. India successfully testfired two Prithvi-2 ballistic missiles off the eastern coast of Odisha in Balasore. It is which type of Missile?
A) Air to surface
B) Air to Air
C) Surface to Air
D) Surface to surface
Answer: D) Surface to surface
- India successfully testfired two Prithvi-2 ballistic missiles off the eastern coast of Odisha in Balasore.
- According to sources, the trials of the DRDO-developed nuclear-capable surface to surface missiles were successful.
- Earlier on December 1, the anti-ship version of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile developed by DRDO with a strike range of 300 kilometres successfully hit its target ship in a test fire.
India – test-fire two Prithvi-2 ballistic missiles off Odisha’s coast.
12. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath approved the design, name and logo of the international airport to be constructed in which place?
Answer: B) Jewar
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath approved the design, name and logo of the international airport to be constructed in Noida’s Jewar.
- It will be named Noida International Greenfield Airport while a picture of stork—the state bird–will used in its logo.
- It will be designed on the lines of world-famous airports in London, Moscow and Milan.
UP CM – approve name, design of Jewar airport.
Capital : Lucknow
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel
13. Kiren Rijiju and Shripad Yesso Naik formally recognised which sports as a competitive sport?
Answer: D) Yogasana
- Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju and Minister of AYUSH (Ayurveda Yoga and Naturopathy Unani Sidda Homoeopathy) Shripad Yesso Naik formally promoted yogasana as a competitive sport.
- A National Yogasana Sport Federation of India (NYSFI) was also established for preservation and development of yoga as a competitive sport.
Sports Ministry + Minister of AYUSH = Formally recognises yogasana as competitive sport.
Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports: Minister : Kiren Rijiju
Constituency : Arunachal Pradesh West, Arunachal Pradesh
Minister of State Independent Charge Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy(AYUSH) and Defence:
Minister : Shripad Yesso Naik
Constituency : North Goa, Goa
14. Uttar Pradesh government will launch a special program to double the income of farmers. What is the name of that program?
A) Kisan Bharat Mission
B) Kisan Kesavan Mission
C) Kisan Kalyan Mission
D) Kisan Bhagan Mission
Answer: C) Kisan Kalyan Mission
UP govt – launch ‘Kisan Kalyan Mission’ to double the income of farmers.
Capital : Lucknow
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel