Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
OCTOBER – 13 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. The National Philately Day is observed on which date?
A) October 12
B) October 13
C) October 14
D) October 15
Answer: B) October 13
2. The Sports Authority of India (SAI) and the National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) will take joint responsibility of conducting bio-secure national shooting camp in a secure environment. Who is President of NRAI?
A) Ajay Singh
C) Raninder Singh
D) Mushtaque Ahmad
Answer: C) Raninder Singh
SAI + NRAI = Bio-secure national shooting camp.
3. Which country will host an international gymnastics tournament on November 8?
Answer: B) Japan
Tokyo, Japan – An international gymnastics tournament on November 8.
Capital : Tokyo
Currency : Japanese Yen
4. According to IIFL Wealth Hurun India 40 & Under Self-Made Rich List 2020, Nithin and Nikhil Kamath have topped the list of self-made richest Indians under 40. They are Founders of which Company?
B) Think & Learn
Answer: C) Zerodha
|1st||Nithin and Nikhil Kamath||Zerodha||Rs 24,000 crore|
|2nd||Divyank Turakhia||media.net||Rs 14,000 crore.|
|3rd||Amod Malviya, Vaibhav Gupta and Sujeet Kumar||Udaan||Rs. 13,100 Crore|
BANKING AND FINANCE
5. Mastercard partners with which Startup to enable the latter’s video-based KYC solutions for its banking customers?
Answer: C) Signzy
Mastercard + Signzy – Video KYC for its banking customers
6. The Asian Development Bank signed an agreement with the Centre to extend a how much amount loan for water supply and sanitation infrastructure and services in 14 small towns of Rajasthan?
Answer: D) $300-million
|ADB||300-million||water supply, sanitation projects for Rajasthan|
|ADB||$200m||support Xiangtan’s low-carbon, smart city development|
|ADB||$100m||support reform of early childhood education in Shangrao|
|EIB||€50 million||Navarre to boost health respond to COVID-19|
India + ADB = $300-million ADB loan for water supply, sanitation projects for Rajasthan.
Asian Development Bank:
Hq: Manila, Philippines
Head : Masatsugu Asakawa
Capital : Jaipur
CM : Ashok Gehlot
Governor : Kalraj Mishra
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
7. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will release the autobiography of Dr Balasaheb Vikhe Pati. What is the title of his autobiography?
A) Deh Vechwa Vegani
B) Deh Karanth Karani
C) Deh Vechwa Karani
D) Samach Vechwa Karani
Answer: C) Deh Vechwa Karani
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will release the autobiography of Dr Balasaheb Vikhe Pati.
- His autobiography is titled ‘Deh Vechwa Karani’ which means ‘dedicating one’s life for a noble cause’.
Narendra Modi – The autobiography of Dr Balasaheb Vikhe Pati – Deh Vechwa Karani.
8. Manoj Kumar Bharti is appointed as the next Ambassador of India to which country?
Answer: D) Indonesia
Manoj Kumar Bharti – Next Indian Ambassador to Indonesia.
Capital : Jakarta
Currency : Rupiah
9. Which Municipal Corporation has bagged an award for bringing energy saving in street lighting system by converting a huge number of units to automation-based LED lights?
A) The North Delhi Municipal Corporation
B) The Hyderabad Municipal Corporation
C) The Mumbai Municipal Corporation
D) The Chennai Municipal Corporation
Answer: A) The North Delhi Municipal Corporation
NDMC – Award for efficiency in street lighting.
10. Lijo Jose Pellissery won Best Director award in 50th Kerala State Film Awards. Lijo Jose Pellissery is director of which Movie?
Answer: C) Jallikattu
|Second Best Film||Kenjira|
|Best Actor||Suraj Venjaramoodu, Android Kunjappan Version 5.25 and Vikrithi|
|Best Actress||Kani Kusruti, Biriyani|
|Best Director||Lijo Jose Pellissery, Jallikattu|
|Best Character Actor||Fahadh Faasil, Kumbalangi Nights|
|Best Character Actress||Swasika, Vasanthi|
|Best Film with Popular Appeal and Aesthetic Value||Kumbalangi Nights|
|Best Children’s Film||Nani|
|Best Screenplay (Original)||Rahman Brothers, Vasanthi|
|Best Screenplay (Adapted)||PS Rafeeque, Thottapan|
|Best Child Artist (Male)||Vasudev Sajeesh Mara, Sullu and Kallanottam|
|Best Child Artist (Female)||Catherine Viji, Nani|
|Best Debut Director||Ratheesh Balakrishnan Poduval, Android Kunjappan Version 5.25|
|Best Music Director||Sushin Shyam, Kumbalangi Nights|
|Best Male Singer||Najim Arshad|
|Best Female Singer||Madhusree Narayanan|
|Best Editor||Kiran Das, Ishq|
|Best Cinematography||Prathap V Nair, Kenchira|
|Best Dubbing Artist – Male||Vineeth, Lucifer and Marakkar: Arabikadalinte Simham|
|Special Jury mention||Anna Ben for Helen, Nivin Pauly for Moothon and Priyamvadha Krishna for Thottapan|
50th Kerala State Film Awards – Best Director – Lijo Jose Pellissery, Jallikattu.
11. Prime Minister Narendra Modi renamed Pravara Rural Education Society as Loknete Dr Balasaheb Vikhe Patil Pravara Rural Education Society. What is the headquarters of Pravara Rural Education Society?
A) Nashik, Maharashtra
B) Mumbai, Maharashtra
C) Pune, Maharashtra
D) Ahmednagar, Maharashtra
Answer: D) Ahmednagar, Maharashtra
Narendra Modi – Rename Pravara Rural Education Society as Loknete Dr Balasaheb Vikhe Patil Pravara Rural Education Society.
12. TRIFED, which IIT and Chhattisgarh MFP Federation E-Launch “Tech for Tribals” Initiative in Chhattisgarh will Bridge the Gap between Tribal Entrepreneurs and Urban Markets?
A) IIT Mandi
B) IIT Hyderabad
C) IIT Kanpur
D) IIT Madras
Answer: C) IIT Kanpur
TRIFED + IIT Kanpur +Chhattisgarh MFP Federation = E-Launch “Tech for Tribals” Initiative in Chhattisgarh.
Capital : Raipur
Chief Minister : Bhupesh Baghel
Govenor : Anusuiya Uikey
13. The Rajasthan police launched drive named ‘AAWAJ’ for women’s safety and security. What is the expansion of First ‘A’ in ‘AAWAJ’?
Answer: A) Action
‘AAWAJ’ — Action Against Women-related crime and Awareness for Justice.
The Rajasthan police – ‘AAWAJ’ for women’s safety and security.
Capital : Jaipur
CM : Ashok Gehlot
Governor : Kalraj Mishra
14. The Indian Army and which state police organised a joint anti-terror exercise to coordinate their drills and procedures to counter any terrorist attack?
A) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: B) Maharashtra
Indian Army + Maharashtra police = Conduct joint anti-terror exercise in Pune.
Capital : Mumbai
CM : Udhav Thackarey