Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
OCTOBER – 02 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. International Day of Non-Violence is observed on October 2. In this day is celebrated as which person’s Birth Anniversary?
A) Rani of Jhansi
B) Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
C) Goverdhan Lal Arya
D) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
Answer: B) Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
International Day of Non-Violence – October 2.
2. Striker Robert Lewandowski UEFA men’s Player of the Year award. He is related to which FC?
A) Real Madrid
B) Manchester United
D) Bayern Munich
Answer: D) Bayern Munich
Pernille Harder, who played for Wolfsburg last season and is now with Chelsea, won the Women’s Player of the Year award for the second time.
Robert Lewandowski – UEFA men’s Player of the Year award.
3. M. Gopalakrishnan passed away. He served as chairman-cum-managing director of which bank?
A) Bank of Baroda
B) Karnataka Bank
C) Indian Bank
D) State Bank of India
Answer: C) Indian Bank
M. Gopalakrishnan – Former chairman-cum-managing director of Indian Bank.
MD & CEO: Ms. Padmaja Chundru
Tagline : Your Own Bank
4. What is the rank of India in ICC women’s T20 team rankings?
Answer: C) 3
5. According to the NCRB data, which city is topped in crimes against women?
Answer: C) Delhi
Capital: New Delhi
CM: Arvind Kejriwal
Governor: Anil Baijal
BANKING AND FINANCE
6. Which bank has started a month-long mega online property show ‘India Homes Fair’ to woo NRIs?
A) ICICI Bank
B) HDFC Bank
C) Bandhan Bank
D) IndusInd Bank
Answer: B) HDFC Bank
HDFC – Month-long India Homes Fair to woo NRIs.
Hq: Mumbai , Maharashtra
Tagline : We Understand Your World
CEO :Sashidhar Jagdishan
8. Nabard disburses how much amount so far under Swachh Bharat Mission?
A) Rs 32,298 crore
B) Rs 22,298 crore
C) Rs 12,298 crore
D) Rs 42,298 crore
Answer: C) Rs 12,298 crore
Nabard – Rs 12,298 crore so far under Swachh Bharat Mission.
Chairman– G R Chintala
Headquarter– Mumbai, Maharashtra
9. Charanjit Attra is appointed as CFO of which bank?
A) Indian Overseas Bank
B) State Bank of India
C) Bank of Maharashtra
D) Bank of Baroda
Answer: B) State Bank of India
Prior to this appointment, Attra was a partner with EY India.
Charanjit Attra – CFO of State Bank of India.
State Bank of India:
Capital : Mumbai, Maharashtra
Head : Dinesh Kumar Khara
Tagline : With You all the way, Pure Banking Nothing Else,
The Nation Bank on Us, The Banker to Every Indian, A Bank of the Common Man
10. Which state bags first position under Swachh Sundar Samudayak Shouchalaya category in Swachh Bharat Awards 2020?
A) Uttar Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: B) Gujarat
- The Swachh Bharat Awards-2020 were given to States, Districts, Blocks and Village Panchayats by Union Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat.
- The Union Government had earlier launched three missions under Swachh Sundar Samudayik Shouchalaya, Samudayik Shouchalaya Abhiyan and Gandagi Mukth Bharat.
- Under the Swachh Sundar Samudayik Shouchalaya category Gujarat bagged the first position at state level whereas Tirunelveli in Tamil Nadu got the Award for cleanliness at District Level.
- Khachrod block in Ujjain district in Madhya Pradesh was awarded the first position and Chinnanur Village in Tamil Nadu bagged the top slot at Gram Panchayat level.
- Under the Samudayik Shouchalaya Abhiyan, Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh were awarded as the best performing states whereas Prayagraj and Bareilly got it for being the best performing districts.
- Under the Gandagi Mukth Bharat Mission, Haryana and Telangana were awarded the top slot.
Gujarat – First position under Swachh Sundar Samudayak Shouchalaya category.
Capital : Gandhinagar
CM : Vijay Rupani
Governor : Acharya Dev Vrat
11. Minimol Varghese has bagged the national award instituted by Federation Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industries (FICCI) for excellence in nursing care. She is related to which state?
D) Tamil Nadu
Answer: A) Kerala
Minimol Varghese – the national award instituted by FICCI for excellence in nursing care.
Capital : Thiruvananthapuram
CM : Pinarayi Vijayan
Governor : Arif Mohammed Khan
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
12. Reliance Life Sciences has developed an RT-PCR kit that promises diagnosis of COVID-19 infection in about 2 hours. What is the name of that kit?
A) R-Skyblue Kit
B) R-Yellow Kit
C) R-Green Kit
D) R-Blue Kit
Answer: C) R-Green Kit
Reliance – RT-PCR kit that can give Covid-19 results in two hours.
13. Which IIT incubated startups- E-TEX and Clensta- have partnered to launch an antiviral protection kit for masses?
A) IIT Hyderabad
B) IIT Mandi
C) IIT Delhi
D) IIT Kanpur
Answer: C) IIT Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi incubated startups- E-TEX and Clensta- have partnered to launch an antiviral protection kit for masses.
- The antiviral kit consists of a novel Clensta protection lotion and hand sanitiser; E-TEX Kawach Antiviral T-Shirt and Kawach Mask.
- The products are backed up by experts from the chemical and textile departments of IIT Delhi.
IIT Delhi startups(E-TEX and Clensta) – antiviral protection kit.
14. The second edition of Indian Navy – which country Navy Bilateral Exercise Bongosagar is scheduled to commence in Northern Bay of Bengal?
Answer: C) Bangladesh
- The second edition of Indian Navy (IN) – Bangladesh Navy (BN) Bilateral Exercise Bongosagar is scheduled to commence in Northern Bay of Bengal on 03 October 2020.
- This exercise will be followed by the 3rd edition of Indian Navy – Bangladesh country Navy Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) in Northern Bay of Bengal from 4 to 5 October 2020.
- Indian Naval Ship (INS) Kiltan, an indigenously built Anti-Submarine Warfare Corvette and INS Khukri, an indigenously built Guided-Missile Corvette are participating along with Bangladesh Naval Ship (BNS) Abu Bakr, a Guided-Missile Frigate and BNS Prottoy, a Guided-Missile Corvette. In addition to ships, Maritime Patrol Aircraft from both navies and integral helicopter(s) would also be participating in the exercise.
India + Bangladesh = Bongosagar = Northern Bay of Bengal.
Capital : Dhaka
Currency : Bangladeshi Taka
15. The Ministry of Jal Shakti launched a 100-day campaign to ensure potable water supply in all schools and anganwadi centers across the country. what is constituency of Jal Shakti?
A) Jodhpur, Rajasthan
B) Chandni Chowk, Delhi
C) Dharwad, Karnataka
D) Hardwar, Uttarakhand
Answer: A) Jodhpur, Rajasthan
Govt – 100-day campaign under Jal Jeevan Mission to ensure potable water supply in schools.
Ministry : Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
Constituency : Jodhpur, Rajasthan
CM: Ashok Gehlot
Governor: Kalraj Mishra
16. Which state has released a picture postcard named “Jau Kandhei” on the theme of ‘Traditional Toys of India’ On the occasion of World Postcard Day?
A) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: B) Odisha
Odisha – picture postcard named “Jau Kandhei” released on theme ‘Traditional Toys of India.
Capital : Bhubaneswar
Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
Governor – Ganeshi Lal
17. Tamil Nadu & Arunachal Pradesh integrated under One Nation One Ration Card Scheme. Now, Howmany state/UTs belongs in this scheme?
Answer: A) 28
Tamil Nadu & Arunachal Pradesh – integrate under One Nation One Ration Card Scheme.
Capital : Chennai
CM : Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Governor : Banwarilal Purohit
Capital : Itanagar
CM : Pema Khandu
Governor : B.D. Mishra
18. The National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) launched a call centre for dairy farmers to address their queries on animal health, nutrition and productivity. What is the name of that centre?
A) Swachh Mitra
B) Vaya Mitra
C) Pashu Mitra
D) Vaana Mitra
Answer: C) Pashu Mitra
NDDB – ‘Pashu Mitra’ call centre for dairy farmers.
19. Indian Railways’ Chittaranjan Locomotive Works manufactures Tejas Express locos for push-pull operation with aerodynamic design . What is the speed of this express?
B) 170 Kmph
C) 160 Kmph
D) 150 Kmph
Answer: C) 160 Kmph
Indian Railways – new Tejas locomotives, can run at speed of 160kmph.