Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
November – 30 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Who won Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix?
A) Alexander Albon
B) Max Verstappen
C) Lando Norris
D) Lewis Hamilton
Answer: D) Lewis Hamilton
|2||Max Verstappen||Red Bull||Belgium|
|3||Alexander Albon||Red Bull||Thai-British|
2. Papa Bouba Diop passed away. He was related to which sports?
D) Base Ball
Answer: B) Football
Papa Bouba Diop, the tall Senegal midfielder who scored the goal that delivered one of the greatest upsets in World Cup history has died.
Papa Bouba Diop – Senegal Midfielder.
Currency: West African CFA franc
3. Kiran Maheshwari passed away. She was related to which party?
Answer: A) BJP
Senior BJP leader and MLA from Rajsamand Kiran Maheshwari, who had tested positive for coronavirus, died.
Kiran Maheshwari – Senior BJP leader and MLA.
4. According to US Air Quality Index, what is the rank of New Delhi in the list of world’s most polluted cities?
Answer: B) 2
|2nd||New Delhi, India|
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
5. Hindustan Construction Company Ltd and Vensar Constructions Company Limited has been awarded orders worth how much amount in two separate contracts from the Northeast Frontier Railway?
A) Rs 436 crore
B) Rs 336 crore
C) Rs 236 crore
D) Rs 136 crore
Answer: C) Rs 236 crore
Hindustan Construction Company Ltd (HCC), in a joint venture with Vensar Constructions Company Limited (VCCL), has been awarded orders worth Rs 236 crore in two separate contracts from the Northeast Frontier Railway for the construction of single line BG tunnels Lot 14A and Lot 15A on a 51.38-km long Bairabi-Sairang New BG Rail line in Manipur.
HCC + VCCL = Order worth Rs 236 cr from Northeast Frontier Railway.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
6. Shri Prakash Javadekar and Hardeep Singh Puri released a Book titled Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Government’s Special Relationship with Sikhs in how many languages?
Answer: A) 3
- Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri released a Book titled Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Government’s Special Relationship with Sikhs on the occasion of Gurupurab.
- The book was released in New Delhi in presence of Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar. The book, published by Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, was released in English, Hindi and Punjabi languages.
Shri Prakash Javadekar + Hardeep Singh Puri – Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Government’s Special Relationship with Sikhs.
Housing and Urban Affairs, Civil Aviation Ministry:
Minister : Hardeep Singh Puri
Constitency : Rajaya sabha MP, Uttar Pradesh
Union Minister Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Information and Broadcasting:
Minister : Prakash Javadekar
Constituency :Rajya Sabha MP, Maharastra
7. Varsha Joshi is appointed as Chairperson of National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) replaced whom?
A) Dilip Rath
B) Ashok Kumar
C) Vasanth Singh
D) Udhaya Mahesh
Answer: A) Dilip Rath
Varsha Joshi – Chairperson of National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) – Dilip Rath (Replaced).
8. Which Musician is appointed as the ambassador for the British Academy of Film and Television Arts’ (BAFTA) ‘Breakthrough Initiative’?
A) Ravi Shankar
B) AR Rahman
C) Zakir Hussain
D) Shiv Kumar Sharma
Answer: B) AR Rahman
AR Rahman – BAFTA Breakthrough India Ambassador.
9. Former IOA chief Ramachandran has been elected as a member of the World Triathlon Audit Committee. What is the Headquarters of World Triathlon?
A) Lausanne, Switzerland
B) Bonn, Germany
C) Manila, Philippines
D) Tokyo, Japan
Answer: A) Lausanne, Switzerland
Marisol Casado was re-elected president of World Triathlon.
Ramachandran – Member of the World Triathlon Audit Committee.
10. Which word is choose in 2020 word of the year of Merriam-Webster?
D) Lock Down
Answer: C) Pandemic
Pandemic – 2020 word of the year of Merriam-Webster.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
11. Which University developed new artificial intelligence (AI) tool named DeepCovid-XR to track coronavirus by examining X-ray images of the lungs?
A) Harvard University
B) Oxford University
C) University of Singapore
D) Northwestern University
Answer: D) Northwestern University
- Northwestern University Researchers have developed a new artificial intelligence (AI) tool to track coronavirus by examining X-ray images of the lungs, as per the study published in the journal Radiology.
- The new tool is called DeepCovid-XR.
- It is a machine-learning algorithm that identified Covid-19 in X-rays about 10 times faster and more accurately.
Northwestern University – New AI can detect Covid-19 on chest X-rays.
12. The Centre has announced the third stimulus package of how much amount for the Mission COVID Suraksha- The Indian COVID-19 Vaccine Development Mission?
A) Rs 300 crore
B) Rs 900 crore
C) Rs 500 crore
D) Rs 700 crore
Answer: B) Rs 900 crore
Govt – Rs 900 crore package for COVID-19 Vaccine Development Mission.
13. Which state CM inaugurated the Suryadhar lake?
A) Uttar Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: C) Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat inaugurated the Suryadhar lake at Doiwala.
Uttarakhand – Suryadhar lake at Doiwala.
Capital : Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
CM : Trivendra Singh Rawat
Governor : Baby Rani Maurya
14. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Sunday laid the foundation stone for a data centre to be developed at which place?
D) Greater Noida
Answer: D) Greater Noida
UP CM – lay foundation stone for Rs 6,000 cr data centre in Noida.
Capital : Lucknow
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel
15. India hosts SCO Council of Heads of Government Meeting. Who is chaired in this meeting?
A) Vice President
C) Prime Minister
D) Finance Minister
Answer: A) Vice President
- India will host Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Council of Heads of Government Meeting in virtual format.
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu will chair the meeting.
- India assumed the Chairmanship of the SCO Council of Heads of Government on 2nd November last year as per rotation from the previous Chair – Uzbekistan and will complete its year-long tenure on 30th of this month.
India – Host SCO Council of Heads of Government Meeting.
16. SIDBI has launched a web portal to help micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs). Which Bank is the largest individual shareholder of SIDBI?
B) Indian Bank
Answer: A) SBI
Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has launched a web portal to help micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) take benefit of the Reserve Bank of India’s one-time debt restructuring.
SIDBI – Portal to help MSMEs.
Hq : Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
MD and Chairman : Mohammad Mustafa
17. PM Modi inaugurates six-lane widening project of the Varanasi-Prayagraj section of NH-19 which is length of how many Km?
Answer: A) 73-km
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday inaugurated the six-lane widening project of the Varanasi – Prayagraj section of NH-19 in Varanasi.
- The 73-km stretch of the newly widened and six laned NH-19, made with a total outlay of Rs 2,447 crore is expected to reduce the travel time between Prayagraj and Varanasi by one hour.
- Dev Deepawali, which has become a “world-famous festival” of light and fervour in Varanasi, is celebrated on every Poornima of the Kartik month.
- PM Modi will also attend ‘Dev Deepawali’.
PM Modi – Six-lane widening project of the Varanasi-Prayagraj section of NH-19.
Capital : Lucknow
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel
18. Jharkhand launched an mobile app named ____ to provide classroom-like education experience to students class 9 to class 12?
Answer: A) Learnytic
- In a bid to provide classroom-like education experience at home and reduce educational loss due to lockdowns, Jharkhand school education and literacy (SEL) department is all set to launch two educational applications for students of class 1 to class 12.
- The first app namely Learnytic will be dedicated for the students of class 9 to class 12, while another app namely Digischool for students of class 1 to class 8.
Jharkhand – Launch two apps to provide classroom-like education experience to students.
Capital : Ranchi
CM: Hemant Soren
Governor : Draupadi Murmu
19. Piyush Goyal inaugurated the newly electrified Dhigawara-Bandikui section of North Western Railway. The Indian Railways has set a target to complete Electrification of its Broad gauge network by which year?
Answer: C) 2023
Union minister for railways Piyush Goyal inaugurated the newly electrified Dhigawara-Bandikui section of North Western Railway and flagged off the first train on this newly electrified route.
Piyush Goyal – Electrified section on the Delhi-Ajmer route.
Railways and Commerce and Industry
Minister : Piyush Goyal
Constituency : Rajya Sabha MP, Maharashtra