Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
November – 29 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. International Day of Solidarity with Palestinian People is observed on which date?
A) November 27
B) November 28
C) November 30
D) November 29
Answer: D) November 29
2. Which player becomes 8th batsman to score 22,000 runs in international cricket?
A) Rohit Sharma
B) Ragul Dravid
C) M S Dhoni
D) Virat Kholi
Answer: D) Virat Kholi
Virat Kohli – 8th batsman to score 22,000 runs in international cricket.
3. Actor Dave Prowse passed away. He was also related to which sports?
Answer: A) Weightlifting
- Dave Prowse, the British weightlifter-turned-actor who played Darth Vader in the original Star Wars trilogy, has died.
- Dave represented England in weightlifting at the Commonwealth Games in the 1950’s.
Dave Prowse – British actor and weightlifter.
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. Which Insurance Company has tied up with NSDL Payments Bank Limited to offer a range of general insurance products to the bank’s customers?
A) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
B) HDFC ERGO General Insurance
C) SBI General Insurance
D) Bharti AXA General Insurance
Answer: B) HDFC ERGO General Insurance
NSDL Payments Bank + HDFC ERGO = Offer customised insurance solutions to customers.
NSDL Payments Bank:
Headquarters : Mumbai , Maharashtra
MD & CEO : G. V. Nageswara Rao
HDFC ERGO General Insurance:
Headquarters: Mumbai , Maharashtra
MD & CEO: Ritesh Kumar
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
5. “The Battle of Belonging” is authored by whom?
A) Arundhati Roy
B) Vikram Seth
C) Anita Desai
D) Shashi Tharoor
Answer: D) Shashi Tharoor
Shashi Tharoor’s Latest Book “The Battle of Belonging” Launched by Prabha Khaitan Foundation.
“The Battle of Belonging” – Shashi Tharoor (Author).
6. ‘Shameless’ has been selected as India’s official entry at the 93rd Oscars in the ‘Live Action Short Film’ category. Who is director of this film?
A) Tim Burton
B) Neill Blomkamp
C) George Lucas
D) Keith Gomes
Answer: D) Keith Gomes
Keith Gomes’ ‘Shameless’ – India’s official entry for short film at the 93rd Oscars.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
7. Which Institution has developed an efficient decentralized wastewater treatment and recycling system?
A) IISc Bengaluru
B) IIT Madras
C) IIT Hyderabad
D) IIT Mandi
Answer: A) IISc Bengaluru
- Researchers at the Centre for Sustainable Technologies, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), have claimed they have developed an efficient decentralized wastewater treatment and recycling system at Berambadi primary school situated in the remote village of Berambadi in Karnataka.
- A new study, published in the Journal of Water Process Engineering and carried out in collaboration with researchers in the UK.
IISc Bangalore – Develop wastewater treatment, recycling system.
8. Which university partners with semi-Conductor Laboratory (SCL), Mohali has developed neural amplifier silicon chip for the diagnosis of various chronic diseases?
A) University of Oxford
B) Harvard University
C) Chitkara University
D) University of Singapore
Answer: C) Chitkara University
The VLSI Centre of Excellence, Chitkara University, in collaboration with Semi-Conductor Laboratory (SCL), Mohali, has designed and fabricated a low-voltage, low-noise neural amplifier silicon chip in 0.18 µm technology, useful for the diagnosis of various chronic diseases such as Parkinson, spinal cord injuries, Epilepsy and paralysis etc.
Chitkara University + SCL , Mohali = Neural amplifier silicon chip.
9. India and which country joined hands to develop rapid test kits and cooperate on vaccine research while collaborative technology projects will help in securing new markets?
Answer: A) Israel
India + Israel = Develop rapid test kits, cooperated on vaccine research.
Capital : Jerusalem
Currency : Israeli new shekel
10. Uttar Pradesh Governor promulgates Prohibition of Unlawful Conversion of Religion Ordinance 2020. Under this ordinance, proposing a maximum punishment of how many years for “love jihad” related offences?
Answer: C) 10
- Uttar Pradesh Governor Anandiben Patel promulgated the UP Prohibition of Unlawful Conversion of Religion Ordinance 2020.
- This comes after Yogi Adityanath Cabinet on November 24 cleared the Ordinance, proposing a maximum punishment of 10 years for “love jihad” related offences.
- The new law mandates for jail term of the accused between one to five years, with Rs 15,000 penalty, if convicted for carrying out forceful conversions for marriage.
- For conversions of minors and women of SC/ST community, there will be a jail term of 3-10 years with Rs 25,000 penalty.
Uttar Pradesh Governor – Promulgate Prohibition of Unlawful Conversion of Religion Ordinance 2020.
Capital : Lucknow
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel
11. India’s first organ donor memorial inaugurated in which state?
B) Uttar Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Rajasthan
- On the occasion of National Organ Donation Day, Rajasthan chief minister Ashok Gehlot inaugurated the country’s first organ donor memorial in Jaipur.
- The memorial has been built by the Mohan Foundation Jaipur Citizens Forum and the Jaipur Municipal Corporation.
Jaipur, Rajasthan – India’s first organ donor memorial.
Capital : Jaipur
CM : Ashok Gehlot
Governor : Kalraj Mishra
12. TN govt announces stamp duty exemption and reduction in registration charges for MSMEs. The facility is available up to which date?
A) January 31, 2021
B) March 31, 2021
C) July 31, 2021
D) December 31, 2021
Answer: B) March 31, 2021
- Tamil Nadu government announced stamp duty exemption and reduced registration charges for MSMEs for agreements relating to deposit of title deeds for securing loans under the Aatma Nirbhar Bharat Scheme.
- The facility is available up to March 31, 2021 to support the units under the prevailing difficult market conditions.
- The Government has also issued orders to reduce The registration fee has been cut to 0.1 per cent from 1 per cent.
TN – Stamp duty exemption and reduction in registration charges for MSME’s.
Capital : Chennai
CM : Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Governor : Banwarilal Purohit
13. NABARD, Agri Infra Fund Loans to be made available for PM-KUSUM scheme. PM-KUSUM scheme launched in which year?
Answer: B) 2019
- Giving a push to enhanced use of clean energy in the agriculture sector, the Union Minister for Power, New and Renewable Energy, R K Singh, said loans from NABARD would be available for the PM-KUSUM scheme.
- Senior government officials also said funds for KUSUM would also be available from Agriculture Investment Fund (AIF).
- Under the scheme, Rs 1 trllion will be provided by banks and financial institutions as loans.
- PM-KUSUM or Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evem Utthan Mahabhiyan Scheme is a flagship scheme of the central government to solarise agricultural areas and irrigation activities.
- KUSUM, approved by the Union Cabinet in 2019, has three components: setting up of 10,000 MW of grid-connected/off-grid solar power plants in farm lands; installation of 1,750,000 stand-alone solar agriculture pumps and solarisation of 1 million grid connected agriculture pumps.
- While 30 per cent of the cost of these projects would be met by the Centre, balance would be shared between the state and beneficiary farmer.
NABARD, Agri Infra Fund – Loans to be made available for PM-KUSUM scheme.
Chairman– G R Chintala
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra