Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December – 25 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Good Governance Day is observed on which date?
A) December 24
B) December 25
C) December 28
D) December 26
Answer: B) December 25
Good Governance Day:
- Good Governance Day is observed in India annually on the twenty-fifth day of December, the birth anniversary of former-Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- On 23 December 2014, the ninety-year old former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, and Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya (posthumously) were announced as recipients of India’s highest civilian award for merit, the Bharat Ratna by Indian President Pranab Mukherjee.
- Following the announcement, the newly elected administration of Prime Minister Narendra Modi established that the birth anniversary of the former Prime Minister would be henceforth commemorated annually in India as Good Governance Day.
2.The Bureau of the FIFA Council has decided to cancel the 2021 edition of the men’s U-20 World Cup due to COVID-19. 2023 edition of men’s U-20 World Cup will host in which country?
Answer: A) Indonesia
The Bureau of the FIFA Council has decided to cancel the 2021 editions of the men’s U-20 World Cup and U-17 World Cup and gave the hosting rights to Indonesia and Peru respectively for the 2023 editions.
Headquarters : Zürich, Switzerland
President – Gianni Infantino
FIFA – Cancel men’s 2021 U-20, U-17 World Cups due to COVID-19.
3. Shamsur Rahman Faruqi passed away. He was poet of which language?
Answer: B) Urdu
- Legendary Urdu poet and critic Shamsur Rahman Faruqi passed away
- He won Padma Shri award
- He also received Saraswathi Samman in 1996 for his work “She’r-e Shor-Angez”, a four-volume study of the eighteenth-century poet Mir Taqi Mir.
Shamsur Rahman Faruqi – Renowned Urdu Poet and Critic.
4. John Edrich passed away. He was related to which sports?
Answer: A) Cricket
- England’s former “fearless” opening batsman John Edrich has died
- Diagnosed with leukaemia in 2000 the left-hander who played for county side Surrey scored 103 first-class centuries.
- He played 77 Tests, scoring 5,138 runs at an average of 43.54.
John Edrich – Former England opening batsman.
5. Tho. Paramasivan passed away. He was related to which field?
Answer: A) Folklorist
- Tamil scholar, folklorist and anthropologist Tho. Paramasivan passed away.
- Tho. Paramasivan – Tamil scholar, folklorist and anthropologist.
BANKING AND FINANCE
6. Punjab National Bank launched a digital replica of a physical Credit Card named ____?
A) PNB e-Credit Card
B) PNB v-Credit Card
C) PNB c-Credit Card
D) PNB d-Credit Card
Answer: A) PNB e-Credit Card
- Nation’s leading public sector bank, Punjab National Bank (PNB), today introduced PNB e-Credit Card, a digital replica of a physical Credit Card.
- It will allow PNB customers to use PNB e-credit card at any e-commerce platform or merchant website, without the need of carrying the physical card.
Punjab National Bank:
HQ: New Delhi
MD & CEO : Sunil Mehta
Tagline: The Name You Can Bank Upon
Punjab National Bank – Introduce PNB e-Credit Card.
7. The Reserve Bank of India has been fixed the issue price for the next series of sovereign gold bonds at how much amount per gram of gold?
A) Rs 5,000
B) Rs 2,000
C) Rs 3,000
D) Rs 1,000
Answer: A) Rs 5,000
- The issue price for the next series of sovereign gold bonds has been fixed at Rs 5,000 per gram of gold, the Reserve Bank of India said
- The Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme 2020-21 – Series IX will be open for subscription from December 28, 2020 to January 1, 2021.
- RBI further said the government, in consultation with the central bank, has decided to offer a discount of Rs 50 per gram on the nominal value to investors applying online and making the payment against the application through digital mode.
- “For such investors, the issue price of gold bond will be Rs 4,950 gram of gold.
- The minimum permissible investment will be 1 gram of gold and the maximum limit of subscription shall be 4 kg for individuals and HUFs, and 20 kg for trusts and similar entities per fiscal (April-March).
Reserve Bank of India:
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Governor– Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors– 4 (Bibhu Prasad Kanungo, Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao)
RBI – Sovereign gold bond issue price fixed at Rs 5,000 per gm of gold.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
8. Who launched a book titled Atal Bihari Vajpayee in Parliament: A Commemorative Volume?
A) Amit Shah
B) Narendra Modi
D)Ram Nath Kovind
Answer: B) Narendra Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will pay floral tributes and also release a book titled Atal Bihari Vajpayee in Parliament: A Commemorative Volume on the birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- This book, published by the Lok Sabha Secretariat, highlights the life and works of Vajpayee ji and contains notable speeches that were delivered by him in Parliament.
Narendra Modi – Release a book titled Atal Bihari Vajpayee in Parliament: A Commemorative Volume.
9. India and which country will conduct “passage exercise” in the South China Sea to boost maritime cooperation between the two countries?
Answer: A) Vietnam
An Indian Navy warship will undertake a “passage exercise” with the Vietnamese Navy in the South China Sea from December 26 to 27 as part of efforts to boost maritime cooperation between the two countries.
Currency: Vietnamese dong
India + Vietnam = “passage exercise” in the South China Sea.
10. Which state government in collaboration with UNICEF has launched a ‘Career Portal’ for secondary and higher secondary students?
B) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Odisha
- The Odisha government in collaboration with UNICEF has launched a ‘Career Portal’ for secondary and higher secondary students.
- The portal will provide easy access to information on different careers and will give students an opportunity to interact with teachers. Students will also be able to access career guidance services through a mobile friendly app created specifically for the portal.
- The official portal can be accessed through the website www.odishacareerportal.com with the student login ID and password.
Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
Governor – Ganeshi Lal
Headquarters: New York, United States
Head: Henrietta H. Fore
Odisha + UNICEF = Career portal for secondary, higher secondary students.
11. Kerala government announces how much amount worth development projects in next 100 days?
A) Rs 15,000 crore
B) Rs 10,000 crore
C) Rs 12,000 crore
D) Rs 16,000 crore
Answer: B) Rs 10,000 crore
- Months ahead of the assembly elections, the CPI(M)-led Left Democratic government in Kerala announced Rs 10,000 crore worth development projects would either be completed or launched in the next 100 days in the state.
- In the next 100 days, the government will either complete or begin development projects worth Rs 10,000 crore in the state. Of this, a total of 5,526 projects, to the tune of Rs 5700 crore, will be completed or inaugurated and 646 projects worth Rs 4,300 crore will be launched.
- From January 1, 2021, welfare pensions would be raised to Rs 1,500, increasing them by Rs 100 each as a new year gift.
- The inauguration of the first phase of the Kerala Fiber Optic Network (KFON) project, envisaged to provide free internet, would be held next February.
CM: Pinarayi Vijayan
Governor: Arif Mohammed Khan
Kerala – Announce Rs 10,000 cr worth development projects in next 100 days.
12. Union Minister Nitin Gadkari inaugurated and laid foundation stone for 27 highway projects in Assam. These projects have road length of nearly how many kilometres?
Answer: B) 439
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari inaugurated and laid foundation stone for 27 highway projects in Assam.
- These projects have road length of nearly 439 kilometres, involving construction value of Rs 2,366 crore.
- The Road Transport, Highways and MSMEs Minister also unveiled a life-size bronze statue of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee to commemorate his birth anniversary.
- Funds worth Rs 2,104 crore were approved for 174 projects under CRIF (Central Road and Infrastructure Fund) for the state, out of which Rs 1,177 crore have been released now.
- Gadkari also announced construction of a multi modal logistic park (MMLP) in Silchar
He said a sum of Rs 4,497 crore will be spent on the 19-km long bridge. It will reduce the distance between the two places in Assam and Meghalaya by 203 km.
- Gadkari further said that DPR for the 6.75-km long Majuli bridge, which is part of the 131-km long Majuli project worth Rs 900 crore.
Road Transport and Highways and MSME:
Minister : Nitin Gadkari
Constituency : Nagpur. Maharashtra
Capital : Dispur
CM : Sarbananda Sonowal
Governor : Jagdish Mukhi
Nitin Gadkari – Inaugurate/lay foundation for 27 road projects in Assam.
13. Which Ministry has launched E-Sampada, a new web portal and mobile app on Good Governance Day?
A) Finance Ministry
B) Women & Child Development Ministry
C) Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry
D) External Affairs Ministry
Answer: C) Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry
- Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri today launched E-Sampada, a new web portal and mobile app on Good Governance Day.
- The new application provides a single window for all the services including allotment for over one lakh government residential accommodations, office space allotment to government organisations in 45 office complexes in 28 cities and booking of 1,176 holiday home rooms.
- The portal provides online facility to users across India to lodge complaints, submit documents and appear for virtual hearing.
Housing and Urban Affairs, Civil Aviation:
Minister: Hardeep Singh Puri
Constituency : Rajaya sabha MP, Uttar Pradesh
Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri – Launch E-Sampada web portal and mobile app on Good Governance Day.
14. Which state launched the first town planning scheme by distributing land pattas to residents of four villages on the outskirts of the Capital city?
C) Arunachal Pradesh
D) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: A) Odisha
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched the first town planning scheme initiated by the Bhubaneswar Development Authority (BDA) by distributing land pattas to residents of four villages on the outskirts of the Capital city.
- The Chief Minister distributed Records of Rights (RoR) to the villagers of Sahajpur, Nargoda, Sijuput and Paikarapur through video-conferencing.
Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
Governor – Ganeshi Lal
Odisha – Launch town planning scheme, gives RoRs to villagers.
15. India’s first Lithium refinery will set up in which state?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Gujarat
- India’s first Lithium refinery which will process Lithium ore to produce battery-grade material will be set up in Gujarat.
- TDS Lithium-Ion Battery Gujarat Private Ltd is India’s first Lithium-ion battery manufacturing plant in Gujarat which is being set up jointly between Toshiba Corporation, DENSO Corporation and Suzuki Motor Corporation to manufacture and supply batteries to Suzuki Motor Gujarat plant in Hansalpur.
- The foundation stone for the Rs 1135 crore plant was laid in September 2017 when Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe visited Gujarat.
CM: Vijay Rupani
Governor: Acharya Dev Vrat
Gujarat – India’s first Lithium refinery.