Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
November – 15 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. November 15 is celebrated the formation day of which state?
C) Madhya Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A) Jharkhand
Jharkhand’s foundation day – November 15
- Jharkhand was established on 15 November 2000 by the Bihar Reorganisation Act as the 28th State of India.
- Jharkhand meaning “The land of forests” is a state in eastern India.
- The city of Ranchi is its capital and Dumka its sub capital.
- Districts – 24.
- Jharkhand State Animal: Indian Elephant.
- Jharkhand State Bird: Koel.
- Jharkhand Flower: Palash.
- Jharkhand Tree: Sal.
- CM: Hemant Soren.
- Governor : Draupadi Murmu.
2. Who won Turkish Grand Prix?
A) Charles Leclerc
B) Lewis Hamilton
C) Sergio Pérez
D) Sebastian Vettel
Answer: B) Lewis Hamilton
Top three players are,
2nd —>Sergio-Pérez Racingpoint-Mexico
3rd —>Sebastian Vettel- Ferrari -Germany
3. Soumitra Chatterjee passed away. He was actor of which language?
Answer: A) Bengali
- He was awarded the Legion d’Honneur — the highest civilian award of France — in 2018.
- Padma Bhushan (2004).
- National Film Awards (2006).
- Dadasaheb Phalke Award (2012).
- Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award – South (1994).
Soumitra Chatterjee – Bengali actor.
Capital : Kolkata
CM : Mamata Banerjee
Governor : Jagdeep Dhankhar
4. Chandrawati Devi passed away. She is First woman MP and MLA from which state?
C) Madhya Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: B) Haryana
First woman MP and MLA from Haryana and former lieutenant governor of Puducherry, Chandrawati Devi, died of Covid-19.
Chandrawati Devi – Haryana’s first woman MP.
5. Which IIM is the top spot among the best B-schools in Central Asia in the Eduniversal rankings 2020?
A) IIM Bangalore
B) IIM Calcutta
C) IIM Ahmedabad
D) IIM Nagpur
Answer: A) IIM Bangalore
Top three IIM’s are,
1st —> IIM Bangalore
2nd —> IIM Ahmedabad
3rd —> IIM Calcutta
The awards were announced at the annual Eduniversal 3-D World Convention 2020.
6. According to the report of “vital statistics of India based on the Civil Registration System”, Which state is topped in Sex Ratio?
B) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer: B) Arunachal Pradesh
Best Sex Ratio:
Top best performers are,
1st —-> Arunachal Pradesh
2nd —> Nagaland
3rd —> Mizoram
Worst Sex Ratio:
The Worst performers are,
1st —> Manipur
2nd —> Lakshadweep
3rd —> Daman & Diu
The ratio was determined on the basis of data provided by 30 States and Union Territories.
The report published by the Registrar General of India.
ACQUISITIONS AND MERGERS
7. Reliance Retail Ventures Ltd has picked up how much per cent stake in online furniture retailer Urban Ladder for over Rs 182 crore?
Answer: D) 96
In August, RIL had acquired a majority stake in digital pharma marketplace Netmeds for around Rs 620 crore.
RRVL – pick up 96% stake in Urban Ladder for over Rs 182 cr.
8. Nitish Kumar elected as Bihar chief minister for the fourth consecutive term . He is related to which party?
A) The National Democratic Alliance
B) Communist Party of India
C) Rashtriya Janata Dal
D) Indian National Congress
Answer: A) The National Democratic Alliance
Nitish Kumar – Bihar chief minister for the fourth consecutive term.
Capital : Patna
CM : Nitish Kumar
Governor : Phagu Chauhan
9. IOA president Narinder Batra was conferred with the Capital Foundation National Award for his contribution to sports.he is also president of which sports?
Answer: A) Hockey
- Indian Olympic Association (IOA) president Narinder Batra was conferred with the Capital Foundation National Award for his contribution to sports.
- He was honoured with the award at the Capital Foundation Annual Lecture and Awards 2020 which was held online to commemorate the 106th birth anniversary of renowned jurist, Justice Krishna Iyer.
- Batra is also the president of International Hockey Federation (FIH) and a member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
A former hockey player, Batra had started his administrative journey by becoming the president of the Jammu & Kashmir Hockey Association in 1997, a position he held till 2011.
He was also the treasurer of the Delhi & District Cricket Association between 2005-2013. He became Secretary General of Hockey India after its inception, and served as its president from 2014 to 2016.
Narinder Batra – Capital Foundation National Award for his contribution to sports.
10. The Karnataka government has given its approval to establish Maratha Development Authority (MDA). The government announced setting up the MDA with a grant of how much amount?
A) ₹10 crore
B) ₹50 crore
C) ₹30 crore
D) ₹40 crore
Answer: B) ₹50 crore
- The Karnataka government has given its approval to the Maski Nala irrigation project in Raichur district and to establish Maratha Development Authority (MDA).
- It has accorded administrative sanction to the Detailed Project Report (DPR) with an estimated cost of ₹52.54 crore as allotted in the year 2018 -19 for the remodelling of the left bank and right bank canals and their distributaries.
- The government also announced setting up the MDA with a grant of ₹50 crore.
Karnataka – give nod for Maski irrigation project, Maratha Development Authority.
CM: B. S. Yeddyurappa
Governor: Vajubhai Vala
11. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched ‘recycled incense sticks’ at an ashram of Gorakhnath Temple, in Gorakhpur. What is the name of that sticks?
Answer: C) Aashirwaad
- To promote environment-friendly products in the market, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched ‘recycled incense sticks’ at an ashram of Gorakhnath Temple, in Gorakhpur.
- The ‘recycled incense sticks’, named ‘Aashirwaad’, are made from flowers which devotees offer at the temple.
- The Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, a research institute of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has provided technical support in making these incense sticks.
Uttar Pradesh – ‘recycled incense sticks’ in Gorakhpur.
Capital : Lucknow
CM: Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel