Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
November – 16 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. National Press Day is observed on which date?
A) November 14
B) November 15
C) November 16
D) November 17
Answer: C) November 16
2. Javier Mascherano has announced his retirement from football. He is related to which country?
D) New Zealand
Answer: A) Argentina
- Argentina’s most capped player Javier Mascherano has announced his retirement from football.
- Mascherano enjoyed his most successful spell at Barcelona, where he won 19 titles in eight years, including five La Ligas and two Champions Leagues.
- He played 147 times for Argentina, appearing in four World Cup finals. He also won two gold medals with the Argentine Olympics team in 2004 and 2008.
Javier Mascherano – Retirement from football – Argentina.
Capital : Buenos Aires
Currency : Argentine Peso
3. Vice Admiral John Thomas Goslin Pereira passed away. He won which award?
A) Vayu seva Medal
B) Gallantry Medal
C) Param Vishisht Seva Medal
D) Nau Sena Medal
Answer: C) Param Vishisht Seva Medal
Thomas Goslin Pereira – Ex-Indian Navy officer who served during World War II.
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. Equitas Small Finance Bank launched ‘Eva’ savings account for women. This account offering how much percent Interest?
Answer: B) 7%
- Equitas Small Finance Bank (ESFB) announced launch of ‘Eva’ savings account for women offering 7 per cent interest.
- Eva, a unique savings account, tries to address the well-being of Indian women in every aspect such as health, wealth and prosperity
- It offers PF waiver and discounted gold loan rates for women customers, along-with 25-50 per cent discounts on lockers.
- The bank also announced woman cricketer Smriti Mandhana as the new brand ambassador.
Equitas Small Finance Bank – women savings account offering 7 pc interest.
Equitas Small Finance Bank:
Headquarters: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Tagline : It’s Fun Banking
MD & CEO : P N Vasudevan
5. Which Bank has selected Amazon Web Services (AWS) as its preferred cloud service to drive digital transformation?
B) Standard Chartered Bank
C) RBL Bank
D) Bank of China
Answer: C) RBL Bank
RBL Bank – Amazon Web Services to drive digital transformation.
6. Navneet Munot is appointed as MD & CEO of HDFC Mutual Fund replaced Milind Barve. He served as the chief investment officer (CIO) and executive director of which Mutual Fund?
A) Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund
B) Kotak Mahindra Mutual Fund
C) SBI Mutual Fund
D) ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund
Answer: C) SBI Mutual Fund
Navneet Munot – MD & CEO of HDFC Mutual Fund – replaced Milind Barve.
HDFC Mutual Fund Headquarters : Mumbai, Maharashtra.
7. Who is appointed as the brand ambassador for Vize?
A) Rohit Sharma
B) Virat Kholi
C) Suresh Raina
Answer: B) Virat Kholi
Virat Kholi – brand ambassador for Vize.
8. Maia Sandu is elected as the President of Moldova. What is the currency of Moldova?
Answer: D) Leu
Currency: Moldovan leu
Maia Sandu – President of Moldova.
9. Shankha Subhra Das won Gandhian Young Technological Innovation (GYTI) award. He is related to which state?
B) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A) Tripura
- A Tripura-based engineer Shankha Subhra Das developed a technology to power medical diagnostic kits and mobile phones by generating electrical power from a wet cloth.
- The innovation won him the coveted Gandhian Young Technological Innovation (GYTI) award, which was presented by Union Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan.
Shankha Subhra Das – Gandhian Young Technological Innovation (GYTI) award.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
10. Which IIT has formulated efficient “pincer” catalytic systems that transform industrial or biomass wastes into valuable chemicals?
A) IIT Madras
B) IIT Hyderabad
C) IIT Guwahati
D) IIT Kozhikode
Answer: C) IIT Guwahati
IIT Guwahati – develop method to turn industrial waste into chemicals.
11. SpaceX launched four astronauts on a flight to the International Space Station from Kennedy Space Center . Out of these, how many Americans in this astronauts?
Answer: C) 3
- SpaceX launched four astronauts to the International Space Station on the first full-fledged taxi flight for NASA by a private company.
- The Falcon rocket thundered into the night from Kennedy Space Center with three Americans and one Japanese, the second crew to be launched by SpaceX.
- The three-men, one-woman crew led by Commander Mike Hopkins, an Air Force colonel, named their capsule Resilience.
- Physicist Shannon Walker, Navy Cmdr. Victor Glover, the first Black astronaut on a long-term space station mission, and Japan’s Soichi Noguchi, who became the first person in almost 40 years to launch on three types of spacecraft.
SpaceX – four astronauts to the International Space Station.
12. Sur Sarovar has named two more wetlands of international importance of India. Sur Sarovar is situated in which state?
A) Uttar Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Uttar Pradesh
India has named two more wetlands of international importance– Lonar lake in Maharashtra and Sur Sarovar in Agra— under the Ramsar Convention, Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change Prakash Javadekar.
India – Lonar lake, Sur Sarovar as wetlands of international importance.
Capital : Lucknow
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel
13. Narendra Modi unveiled the ‘Statue of Peace’ in Rajasthan’s Pali to mark 151st birth anniversary of Jainacharya Vijay Vallabh. What is the height of this statue?
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday unveiled the ‘Statue of Peace’ in Rajasthan’s Pali to mark the 151st Jayanti celebrations of Jainacharya Shree Vijay Vallabh Surishwer Ji Maharaj, via video conferencing.
- The 151-inch tall statue has been made from Ashtadhatu– 8 metals, with Copper being the major constituent, and is being installed at Vijay Vallabh Sadhana Kendra, Jetpura, in Pali, Rajasthan.
PM Modi – ‘Statue of Peace’ to mark 151st birth anniversary of Jainacharya Vijay Vallabh.
14. which state announced the name of the Tribal Welfare Department will be changed to Tribal Affairs Department?
A) Madhya Pradesh
C) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: A) Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh – Tribal Welfare Dept to be changed to Tribal Affairs Dept
CM: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor : Anandiben Patel
15. Larsen & Toubro has emerged as the lowest bidder for a Rs 3,200 crore project to build a road bridge over which river?
Answer: B) Brahmaputra
- Larsen & Toubro has emerged as the lowest bidder for about Rs 3,200 crore four-lane road bridge across river Brahmaputra from Dhubri to Phulbari on NH 127 B.
- The project is being financed by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).
- The proposed around 18 km bridge, which is considered as strategic, will connect Assam and Meghalaya, reducing the detouring road distance by about 203 km from Dhubri to Phulabari, which lie on the either side of the Brahmaputra before it flows into Bangladesh.
Larsen & Toubro – lowest bidder for road bridge over river Brahmaputra.