Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
May 10 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. Lewis Hamilton won the Spanish Grand Prix 2021. He is related to which country?
Answer: a) UK
|2nd||Max Verstappen||Belgium||Red Bull Racing|
Spanish Grand Prix 2021-Lewis Hamilton ranked first.
2. Who among the following beats Berrettini to win 2nd Madrid Open Title?
a) Andy Murray
b) Dominic Thiem
c) Alexander Zverev
d) Novak Djokovic
e) Rafael Nadal
Answer: c) Alexander Zverev
- Alexander Zverev(Germany) continued his impressive form going into the French Open by winning his second Madrid Open title.
- After beating top-seeded Rafael Nadal in the quarterfinals and fourth-ranked Dominic Thiem in the semifinals, Zverev rallied to defeat Matteo Berrettini (Italy) 6-7 (8), 6-4, 6-3 for his second title this season.
- The sixth-ranked German also won the Mexican Open in Acapulco in March.
- Zverev won his first Madrid title in 2018 in a final against Thiem.
- The win gave him his fourth Masters 1000 title, and first in three years. Zverev will be trying to improve from his fourth-round exit last year at the French Open.
Madrid Open Title- Alexander Zverev beats Matteo Berrettini.
3. Babar Azam named the ICC men’s player of the month for April. He is related to which country?
a) New Zealand
c) Sri Lanka
Answer: e) Pakistan
- Pakistan skipper Babar Azam won the ICC Men’s Player of the Month for April, following his consistent and outstanding performances across all formats in the recently concluded series against South Africa.
- The women’s award went to Australia’s Alyssa Healy.
- Babar’s match-winning 82-ball 94 in the third ODI against South Africa helped him gain 13 rating points to reach a career-best 865 points. He also contributed 122 from 59 balls
- in Pakistan’s successful chase in the third match of a T20I series against the same opposition.
- Healy bagged the women’s award for April for her consistency with the bat which was a significant part of Australia’s dominance, showing her class in all conditions and against all types of bowling in the recent series against New Zealand.
ICC Player of the month for April – Babar Azam (Men’s)+Alyssa Healy (Womens’).
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. Which Bank and CSC launched chatbot ‘Eva’ on CSC’s Digital Seva Portal to support Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLE)?
a) Axis Bank
b) ICICI Bank
c) HDFC Bank
e) Yes Bank
Answer: c) HDFC Bank
- HDFC Bank and Common Services Centers (CSCs) announced the launch of chatbot ‘Eva’ on CSC’s Digital Seva Portal to support Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLEs) in providing banking services for the last mile rural consumers.
- The 24×7 service will allow VLEs to access accurate information about various products, processes and resolve queries about HDFC Bank’s services. VLEs would be able to improve their business by learning about account opening, loan lead generation and product details.
- Currently, 1,27,348 VLEs are providing HDFC Bank’s products and services in semi-urban and rural India. Of these 15,791 are Business Correspondents who serve customers through banking outlets across 685 districts pan India.
- These Business Correspondents help citizens avail home loans, car loans, two-wheeler loans, tractor loans, open current and savings accounts and save through recurring and fixed deposits.
Tagline- We Understand Your World
MD & CEO-Sashidhar Jagdishan
HDFC Bank + CSC-Launch of ‘Eva’digital seva portal to support VLE’s.
5. SBI Cards and Payments Systems has raised how much amount by issuing bonds?
a) Rs 255 crore
b) Rs 355 crore
c) Rs 335 crore
d) Rs 455 crore
e) Rs 275 crore
Answer: d) Rs 455 crore
- SBI Cards and Payment Services (SBI Card) has raised Rs 455 crore by issuing bonds.
- The stakeholders’ relationship committee of the company has approved the allotment of 4,550 fixed-rate, unsecured, rated, taxable redeemable, senior, non-convertible debentures, SBI Card said in a regulatory filing.
- Under this, the company will issue bonds (NCDs) of the face value of Rs 10 lakh each aggregating to Rs 455 crore on a private placement basis, it added.
- The bonds with a maturity date of May 10, 2024, will offer coupons at 5.70 per cent per annum.
- SBI Card said it will list the bonds on the wholesale debt market segment of BSE.
- The scrip of the company closed 0.55 per cent down at Rs 976.90 apiece on BSE.
Chairperson-Dinesh Kumar Khara
Managing Director-Rama Mohan Rao Amara
SBI Card-Raised Rs 455 crore by issuing bonds.
6. Federal bank tied-up with Mashreq Bank to offer instant money transfers from which country to India?
d) South Africa
Answer: e) UAE
- Federal Bank has entered into a strategic tie-up with Mashreq Bank one of the leading financial institutions in the UAE, to facilitate money transfers from the UAE to India.
- The partnership will support Mashreq’s faster payment product, QuickRemit, which was launched in 2017.
- Mashreq is one of the oldest banks in the UAE, and has a presence in twelve countries across Europe, US, Asia and Africa. It is also the only privately-owned bank in the UAE.
- Federal Bank, a major player in the personal inward remittance space with around 90 remittance arrangements across the globe, adds one partnership to its fold through this tie-up.
Tagline-Your Perfect Banking Partner
MD & CEO-Shyam Srinivasan
President- Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
Federal Bank + Mashreq Bank – offer instant money transfers from UAE to India.
7. IRDAI has imposed of how much penalty on SBI General Insurance for its failure to comply with the third-party motor insurance?
a) Rs15 lakh
b) Rs 30 lakh
c) Rs 25 lakh
d) Rs 10 lakh
e) Rs 35 lakh
Answer: b) Rs 30 lakh
- The SBI General Insurance Company had failed to meet the minimum obligations under Motor Third Party business as specified in concerned IRDAI Regulations for 2018-19.
- Regulator IRDAI has imposed a penalty of Rs 30 lakh on SBI General Insurance Company for its failure to comply with the third-party motor insurance regulations.
- SBI General Insurance Company had underwritten Rs 316.36 crore as against the minimum obligatory MTP insurance business of Rs 638.34 crore resulting in a shortfall of Rs 321.98 crore. In percentage terms, the shortfall worked out to be around 50.44 per cent of MTP insurance obligation.
Abbreviation-Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India
Chairperson-Subhash Chandra Khuntia
IRDAI – Imposed penalty of Rs 30 lakh on SBI General Insurance.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
8. Which e-commerce company launches ‘Sanjeevani app’ to connect covid-19 patients with potential plasma donors?
d) Amazon India
Answer: c) Snapdeal
- E-commerce company Snapdeal has launched ‘Sanjeevani’ to connect COVID-19 patients with potential plasma donors, joining the growing roster of companies that have introduced digital tools to help people amid the deadly second wave of the pandemic.
- Right from giants like Facebook and Google to startups such as HealthifyMe have introduced a slew of tools over the past few weeks to help people find slots for vaccination appointments. Drawing on the country’s proven tech prowess and massive reach of social media platforms, many companies and developers are enabling people looking for resources like hospital beds, ventilators and oxygen cylinders.
- Sanjeevani was first launched to help the employees of Snapdeal find possible donors, but the e-commerce platform has now opened this for everyone.
Snapdeal – ‘Sanjeevani’ to connect covid patients with plasma donors.
9. Who has been appointed as SIDBI’s new deputy managing director for period of three years?
a) Krish Mandal
b) Soman Mandal
c) Ramanta Mandal
d) Sudatta Mandal
e) Raghav Mandal
Answer: d) Sudatta Mandal
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (Sidbi) Sudatta Mandal has taken charge as its deputy managing director.
- The appointment is for a period of three years.
- Prior to this, Mandal was the chief general manager of EXIM Bank.
- He has more than 25 years of experience in international trade and investment finance, project finance, structured lending, small and medium enterprises lending including cluster financing, and trade finance.
Abbreviation-Small Industries Development Bank of India
Headquarters-Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Founded- 2nd April 1990
Chairman & MD- S Ramann
Sudatta Mandal – SIDBI’s Deputy Managing Director.
10. Jose Kattoor has been appointed as Executive Director of Reserve Bank of India. He will look which of the following departments?
1. Human Resource Management
2. Corporate Strategy & Budget Dept.
3. Rajbhasha Dept.
a) Only 1 & 2
b) Only 2 & 3
c) Only 1 & 3
d) Only 2
e) All 1, 2, 3
Answer: e) All 1, 2, 3
- The Reserve Bank of India it has promoted Jose J. Kattoor as Executive Director (ED) with effect from May 04, 2021
- He will look after the Human Resource Management Department, Corporate Strategy and Budget Department and Rajbhasha Department.
- Prior to this, Kattoor was the regional director for Karnataka, heading the Bengaluru regional office of the RBI.
Reserve Bank of India:
Act: Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Governor– Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors– 4 (T Rabi Sankar, Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao)
Jose Kattoor – Executive Director of Reserve Bank of India.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
11. SpaceX will launch ‘DOGE-1 Mission to the moon’ in 1st quarter of 2022.What is the name of cryptocurrency accepting by the company for payment?
Answer: b) Dogecoin
- SpaceX will launch the “DOGE-1 Mission to the Moon” in the first quarter of next year, with Elon Musk’s commercial rocket company accepting the meme-inspired cryptocurrency dogecoin as payment.”
- SpaceX launching satellite Doge-1 to the moon next year – Mission paid for in Doge – 1st crypto in space – 1st meme in space.
- On crypto data tracker CoinGecko.com, dogecoin has jumped more than 800% over the last month and is now the fourth-largest digital currency, with a market capitalisation of $73 billion.
Founded-6 May 2002
12. Indonesia and which country conducted joint naval exercise near Jakarta?
e) Sri Lanka
Answer: b) China
- Amid tensions in the South China Sea, China and Indonesia conducted joint naval exercises near Jakarta, Beijing. Citing the Defence Ministry, South China Morning Post reported that the drills, were part of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) Navy’s annual training programme.
- China’s Liuzhou and Suqian guided-missile frigates joined Indonesia’s KRI Usman Harun frigate and KRI Halasan missile craft in the exercises, which included communication drills, search and rescue operations and formation manoeuvres.
- While military officials from China and Indonesia have called for closer cooperation, the two countries have clashed over fishing rights near the Natuna Islands in the South China Sea.
- Although Jakarta is not involved in any territorial disputes in the waterway, it considers the waters off the Natunas to be part its exclusive economic zone, though Beijing claims.
- It has historical rights to fish there, South China Morning Post reported.
China + Indonesia-conducted joint naval exercise.
13. Which state launches the ‘Mukhyamantri COVID Upchar Yojana’?
a) Madhya Pradesh
c) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: a) Madhya Pradesh
- Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said that the state government is committed to provide free treatment for Covid to all the economically weaker families of the state.
- In this sequence, the Mukhya Mantri Covid Upchar Yojana has been implemented. Under this scheme, important decisions have also been taken for free Covid treatment of families possessing Ayushman cards.
- He informed that by increasing the rates of Ayushman package by 40 percent, it has been brought at par with the rates of private hospitals for treatment at present.
- In this, the maximum limit of special tests like CT scan, MRI etc. which was earlier Rs 5,000 per family per year, it has been revised to treat Covid-19 in the year 2021-22.
- If any member of Ayushman card holder family whose Ayushman card has not been made reaches the hospital for Covid treatment, then he will be able to get admission in the hospital in three ways: –
1. Ayushman card and food slip of a member of the family, will be proof that he is a member of the family of the Ayushman card holder.
2. Presentation of the Ayushman card of a member of the Ayushman cardholder family along with Samagra ID, through which can prove that he is a member of the Ayushman cardholder family.
3. The Ayushman card of a member of the family as well as the certification of the gazetted officer of any government department, that he is a member of the family of the Ayushman card holder. For this, government officials can verify through the Samagra portal that he is a member of the Samagra ID family of the Ayushman card holder.
Chief Minister- Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor- Anandiben Patel
Madhya Pradesh – Launched Mukhyamantri COVID Upchar Yojana.