Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 27 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. World Theatre Day is observed on which date?
A) 23 March
B) 22 March
C) 25 March
D) 26 March
E) 27 March
Answer: E) 27 March
History of World Theatre Day:
- This day was initiated back in 1962.
- The International Theatre Institute (ITI) commemorates the beautiful art home in ITI centres and theatre communities around the globe.
- The first international message on World Theatre Day was written by a French poet and playwriter named Jean Cocteau.
- The first ITI conference was held in Helsinki in Finland, the second one being in Vienna.
2. The 2023 Tour de France will start in which country?
Answer: A) Spain
- The 2023 Tour de France will start in Spain’s northern Basque Country
- Bilbao will host the start of the race’s 120th edition on July 1, 2023.
- The opening stage will start and finish in the city. Stage two will also be entirely in the region.
- The Tour has taken its route in Spain’s Pyrenees Mountains and beyond on several occasions.
- The Basque city of San Sebastián hosted the race’s start in 1992.
2023 Tour de France – Start in Spain’s Basque Country.
3. Vijayveer Sidhu and Tejaswani claimed the gold medal in ____ rapid fire pistol mixed team event of the ISSF World Cup?
Answer: E) 25m
- India’s Vijayveer Sidhu and Tejaswani claimed the gold medal in the 25m rapid fire pistol mixed team event of the ISSF World Cup.
- In an all-Indian gold medal match, they comfortably beat the combo of Gurpreet Singh and Ashok Abhidnya Patil 9-1 at the Dr Karni Singh Shooting Range.
- Sidhu won the individual silver medal in the 25 rapid fire pistol event ahead of Anish Bhanwala and Gurpreet.
- Leaders India continued its dominant show in the tournament, extending their medals tally to 13 gold, eight silver and six bronze for a total of 27 podium finishes.
Vijayveer, Tejaswani – Win gold in 25m rapid fire pistol mixed event.
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. Tata Motors & which Bank join forces to offer innovative financial solutions to commercial vehicle customers?
D) Canara Bank
Answer: A) SBI
- Tata Motors, India’s largest commercial vehicle manufacturer, has inked a three-year MoU with the State Bank of India (SBI), the country’s leading public sector bank,to offer unique financial assistance for the purchase of Tata Motors’ range of small and light commercial vehicles.
- In addition to inducing employment, this collaboration will also stir demand for Tata Motors’ BS6 range of vehicles.
- Through this partnership, the two business entities will exercise SBI’s Contactless Lending Platform technology to ensure uniformity, transparency and a reduced turnaround time in the loan approval process.
State Bank of India:
Capital: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Head: Dinesh Kumar Khara
Tagline: With You all the way, Pure Banking Nothing Else, The Nation Bank on Us, The
Banker to Every Indian, A Bank of the Common Man
Tata Motors + SBI – To offer innovative financial solutions to commercial vehicle customers.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
5. Indians: A Brief History of A Civilization is authored by whom?
A) Samir Arora
B) Namit Arora
C) Kavi Arora
D) Suba Arora
E) Thiru Arora
Answer: B) Namit Arora
- Indians: A Brief History of A Civilization is authored by Namit Arora published by Penguin Random House.
6. Satvinder Singh appointed as deputy secretary-general of ASEAN Economic Community. How many member countries in ASEAN?
Answer: C) 10
- A senior Singaporean civil servant of Indian origin has been appointed as the ASEAN Secretariat’s next deputy secretary-general for its economic community.
- Satvinder Singh assumed the post for a term of three years, the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) announced.
- Singh, who succeeds Dr Aladdin D Rillo from the Philippines.
- The secretary-general for the ASEAN Secretariat currently is Lim Jock Hoi from Brunei.
Satvinder Singh – Deputy secretary-general of ASEAN Economic Community.
7. Asha Bhosle has been selected for the Maharashtra Bhushan award. Ms. Bhosle received the Dadasaheb Phalke Award for which year?
Answer: E) 2000
- The Maharashtra government said singer Asha Bhosle has been selected for the Maharashtra Bhushan award, the State government’s highest honour.
- A committee chaired by Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray decided to select Ms. Bhosle for the award for the year 2020.
- The award, instituted in 1996 by the State government to recognise distinguished work and achievements of eminent persons from the State, representing different walks of life, carries a cash prize of ₹10 lakh and a citation.
- Ms. Bhosle, whose sister Lata Mangeshkar won the award for 1997, said she got to know from Mr. Thackeray that she has been selected for the award for 2020.
- Ms. Bhosle received the Dadasaheb Phalke Award for 2000.
- The first Maharashtra Bhushan awardee was Marathi writer P.L. Deshpande and the last winner of this award was historian Babasaheb Purandare who got it for the year 2015.
Asha Bhosle – ‘Maharashtra Bhushan.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
8. Which institution launches project for mapping genetic diversity in Indian ocean?
Answer: C) CSIR-NIO
- The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research-National Institute of Oceanography (CSIR-NIO), Goa, has initiated a project for mapping the genetic diversity of organisms and the effect of micronutrients and trace metals on them in the Indian Ocean supported by the CSIR, under one of its flagship projects TraceBioMe.
- The project envisages extensive sampling of water, sediments, planktons and various organisms in different parts of the Indian Ocean to study the presence of different kinds of organisms and the trace metals and micronutrients found therein using modern state-of-the-art molecular techniques as well classical techniques.
- In the first phase, microscopic organisms will be investigated.
CSIR-NIO – Project for mapping genetic diversity in Indian ocean.
9. Which country has inaugurated The ‘Fiyavathi Renovation Project’ ?
Answer: A) Maldives
- Maldives ‘Fiyavathi Renovation Project’ — a project for young Maldivians — backed by India was inaugurated.
- This was inaugurated at a virtual ceremony organised by the Maldives Ministry of Gender, Family and Social Services.
- The project is funded as part of India’s total grant assistance of MVR 200 million to the Maldives for supporting socially impactful projects strewn across the Atolls.
- The inauguration ceremony was attended by Foreign Minister Abdulla Shahid, High Commissioner Sunjay Sudhir and other senior officials from the Ministries of Foreign Affairs, Gender, Family and Social Services, High Commission of India and Fiyavathi.
- Renovation of ‘Fiyavathi’ in Hulhumale’ that houses over 110 kids, is a very special project where the underlying aim is to create a conducive home environment for the children to grow and develop.
Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa
Maldives – The ‘Fiyavathi Renovation Project’.
10. Which country successfully test-fired a nuclear-capable surface-to-surface ballistic missile with a range of 900 kilometres?
Answer: C) Pakistan
- Pakistan successfully test-fired a nuclear-capable surface-to-surface ballistic missile with a range of 900 kilometres.
- The test of Shaheen-1A surface to surface ballistic missile, was aimed at re-validating various design and technical parameters of the weapon system including advanced navigation system.
President: Arif Alvi
Prime Minister: Imran Khan
Pakistan – Successfully test fire nuclear-capable ballistic missile Shaheen 1-A.
11. Indian Consulate General in South Africa partners with which state to boost tourism to India?
A) Tamil Nadu
B) Andhra Pradesh
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: E) Uttar Pradesh
- The Consulate General of India here has partnered with Uttar Pradesh to boost tourism to India post COVID-19, highlighting the state”s various religious sites and other attractions.
- Mukesh Kumar Meshram, Principal Secretary for Tourism and Culture in UP, shared the detailed plans on attracting tourists to the state at a meet titled ‘Post-Covid Tourism to India’ which was organised by the Indian Consul General in Johannesburg Anju Ranjan.
Uttar Pradesh was the partner state in the programme.
Capital : Lucknow
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel
Indian Consulate General in South Africa + Uttar Pradesh – Boost tourism to India.
12. Union Minister for Jal Shakti approves 465 crore as Performance Incentive fund for how many States under Jal Jeevan Mission?
Answer: B) 7
- Seven States viz. Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim, Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh qualified for performance incentive grantfor 2020-21 under Jal Jeevan Mission(JJM) – Har Ghar Jal to provide assured tap water supply to every rural home by 2024.
- For performance incentive grant, the criteria include physical and financial progress under JJM, functionality of piped water supply schemes and capacity to utilize the fund.
- Union Minister, Jal Shakti Shri Gajendra Singh Sekhawat approved Rs. 465 Crore as performance incentive to these States.
- Since announcement of Jal Jeevan Mission on 15th August, 2019, so far, four Crore households have been provided with tap water connections, thus increasing the tap water supply from 3.23 Crore (17%) to more than 7.20 Crore (37.6%) rural households in the country.
- This is the ‘speed and scale’ of the works being undertaken for making provision of clean drinking water to every rural household in rural areas.
- Gujarat is among the best performing States which is implementing Jal Jeevan Mission to ensure tap water supply to every home.
- Gujarat has started decentralised, demand-driven community managed water supply programme way back in 2002 and has become model.
- In financial Year 2020-21, Rs.11,000 Crore was allocated for Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) and grant have been provided to States/ UTs based on the output in terms of functional household tap connections given and the utilization of available Central grant and matching State share.
Minister: Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
Constituency: Jodhpur, Rajasthan
Union Minister for Jal Shakti – Approve 465 crore as Performance Incentive fund for 7 States under Jal Jeevan Mission.
13. Dr. Pramod Sawant inaugurated which edition “Hunar Haat” of indigenous artisans and craftsmen at Kala Academy, Campal, Panaji?
Answer: D) 28
- Goa Chief Minister Dr. Pramod Sawant inaugurated 28th “Hunar Haat” of indigenous artisans and craftsmen at Kala Academy, Campal, Panaji in the august presence of Union Minister for Minority Affairs Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi.
- Union Minister of State (I/C) for AYUSH and MoS Defence, Shri Shripad Nayak; Rajya Sabha MP Shri Vinay Dinu Tendulkar; former Goa Chief Minister and Lok Sabha MP Shri Francisco Sardinha; Goa Dy Chief Minister Shri Chandrakant Kavlekar; Union Minority Affairs Ministry Secretary Shri P.K. Das; Senior Additional Secretary S. K. Dev Verman; MANAS Chairman Shri P. K. Thakur and other dignitaries were also present on the occasion.
- The Union Ministry of Minority Affairs is organising the 28th “Hunar Haat” with the theme of “Vocal for Local” at Panaji, Goa from 26th March to 04th April where more than 500 artisans and craftsmen from more than 30 states/UTs are participating.
- Artisans and craftsmen from Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chandigarh, Delhi, Goa, Gujarat, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Odisha, Puducherry, Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, West Bengal and other states have brought indigenous magnificent handmade products for sale and display at the “Hunar Haat”.
- These artisans have brought with them products like Kalamkari, Bidriware, Udaigiri Wooden Cutlery, products made from cane-bamboo-jute, Madhubani painting, Moonga Silk, Tussar Silk, Leather products, marble products, sandalwood products, embroidery, Chanderi saree, Black Pottery, Kundan jewellery, glass products, wooden-clay toys, brass products, Handloom etc.
Shigmo festival parade in Goa cancelled as Covid-19 count surges:
- The Goa government announced that the highly-anticipated Shigmo festival parade in the state stands canceled this year due to rising COVID-19 cases.
- Shigmo festival parade is an event that has showcased the folk art of Odisha for the last 30 years.
CM: Pramod Sawant
Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
28th “Hunar Haat”- Inaugurate at Kala Academy, Panaji, Goa.