Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 21 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. World Poetry Day is observed on which date?
A) March 21
B) March 22
C) March 24
D) March 23
E) March 26
Answer: A) March 21
World Poetry Day:
- UNESCO came up with World Poetry Day that is celebrated on March 21.
- UNESCO adopted this on March 21 in its 30th General Conference held in Paris in the year 1999.
- Not only does this day celebrate the poetic contributions made not just in the major languages that we know of, but also the unknown languages as well.
International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination:
- On March 21, the world celebrates International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- On the same day in 1960, the police opened fire and gunned down 69 people staging a peaceful demonstration in Sharpeville, South Africa, against the apartheid “pass laws”.
- In 1966, the United Nations General Assembly called the international community to join hands and quash all forms of racial discrimination.
- In 1979, the General Assembly adopted a programme of activities to be undertaken during the second half of the Decade for Action to Combat Racism and Racial Discrimination.
- The UNGA then announced that a week of solidarity towards people battling racism would be observed from March 21 every year.
Theme for 2021:
- This year, the theme for International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination is ‘Youth standing up against racism’.
World Down Syndrome Day:
- The World Down Syndrome Day (WDSD) is observed on March 21 every year.
- The day is marked to raise awareness about Down syndrome. The day was first officially observed by the United Nations in 2012.
- The date March 21 was chosen to observe the day as it signifies the uniqueness of the triplication (trisomy) of the 21st chromosome which causes Down syndrome.
- This year, the theme of the day has been decided as “We CONNECT so that we can” #CONNECTb by the United Nations.
International Day of Forests:
- International Day of Forests is an annual observation of the United Nations (UN).
- The UN General Assembly proclaimed March 21 as the International Day of Forests in 2012 to commemorate and raise awareness of the significance of all types of forests.
- This day is a reminder of the value of forests in the lives of living creatures.
- Forests play a major role in providing food, water, shelter to animals as well as human beings in uncountable ways.
International Day of Forests 2021 theme:
- The theme of the International Day of Forests for 2021 is “Forest restoration: a path to recovery and well-being.”
International Day of Nowruz 2021:
- International Day of Nowruz 2021 celebrations are 21 March 2021.
- United Nations declared 21st March of every year as International Nowruz Day in 2010.
- The basic theme of Nowruz Day is to promote values of peace, friendships, solidarity, brotherhood and harmony among people and communities.
World Puppetry Day:
- World Puppetry Day is March 21.
- The idea came from the puppet theater artist Javad Zolfaghari from Iran.
- In 2000 at the XVIII Congress of the Union Internationale de la Marionnette, (UNIMA) in Magdeburg, he made the proposal for discussion.
- Two years later, at a meeting of the International Council of UNIMA in June 2002 in Atlanta, the date of the celebration was identified.
- The first celebration was in 2003.
2. Dawid Malan is related to which sports?
Answer: B) Cricket
- England middle-order batsman Dawid Malan pipped the likes of Babar Azam and Virat Kohli to become the quickest batsman to score 1000 T20I runs.
- Malan, who had 935 runs in 23 T20Is before the start of the ongoing fixture, has breached the four-figure mark in just 24 innings.
- Azam, who is now the second-quickest batsman to score 1000 T20I runs, had taken 26 innings.
- While Kohli, who is the only batsman with 3000 runs in the shortest format, needed 27 innings.
Dawid Malan – pips Babar Azam, Virat Kohli to become fastest to score 1000 T20I runs.
3. Nikhat Zareen, Gaurav Solanki settle for bronze at Bosphorus Boxing Tournament in which country?
Answer: E) Turkey
- Indian boxers Nikhat Zareen (51kg) and Gaurav Solanki (57kg) settled for bronze medals after going down in their respective semifinals at the Bosphorus boxing tournament in Istanbul.
- Asian Championship bronze medallist Nikhat, who defeated world champions Paltceva Ekaterina of Russia and Nazym Kyzaibay of Kazakhstan in her last two bouts, suffered a 0-5 loss to 2019 Worlds silver medallist Busenaz Cakiroglu of Turkey in the semi-final.
Nikhat Zareen, Gaurav Solanki settle for bronze at Bosphorus Boxing Tournament.
3. Women’s gymnastics coach Dave Brubaker has been banned for life. He was related to which country?
Answer: B) Canada
- Former Canadian women’s gymnastics coach Dave Brubaker has been banned for life by the sport’s domestic governing body following an internal investigation.
- Gymnastics Canada says he was suspended upon his arrest in December 2017.
Dave Brubaker – Former Canadian women’s gymnastics coach banned for life.
4. According to the defence website Military Direct, what is the rank of India in the list of the strongest military force?
Answer: B) 4
- China has the strongest military force in the world while India stands at number four, according to a study released by the defence website Military Direct.
- The USA, despite their enormous military budgets, comes in 2nd place with 74 points, followed by Russia with 69, India at 61 and then France with 58.
- The UK just about makes the Top 10, coming in 9th place with a score of 43.
- The world’s biggest military spender with a budget of USD 732 billion per year is the USA, it noted, adding that China comes second with USD 261 billion, followed by India at USD 71 billion.
5. How many countries hold Mideast naval exercise amid Iran tension?
Answer: B) 4
- The US Navy said it will hold a major naval exercise alongside Belgium, France and Japan in the Mideast amid tensions over Iran’s nuclear programme in the region.
- The Group Arabian Sea Warfare Exercise will see ships from the four countries conduct drills in the Arabian Sea and the Gulf of Oman.
- Ships involved include the French aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle, as well as the amphibious assault ship USS Makin Island.
- The Belgian frigate HNLMS Leopold I and the Japanese destroyer JS Ariake also will take part, as well as aircraft from the four nations.
- The drill comes as Iran has abandoned all limits of its 2015 nuclear deal with world powers in the wake of then-President Donald Trump’s 2018 decision to unilaterally withdraw from the accord.
United States of America:
Capital : Washington D.C
Currency :US Dollar
President: Joe Biden
Captial : Brussels
Currency : Euro
Capital : Paris
currency : Euro
Capital : Tokyo
Currency : Japanese Yen
Prime Minister: Yoshihide Suga
US + Belgium + France + Japan – hold Mideast naval exercise amid Iran tension.
6. Which state has inaugurated the state’s first formal indigenous language and knowledge system school?
A) Tamil Nadu
D) Andhra Pradesh
E) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer: E) Arunachal Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu has inaugurated the state’s first formal indigenous language and knowledge system school in East Kameng district.
- The first-of-its-kind school called ‘Nyubu Nyvgam Yerko’ was inaugurated at Rang village near Seppa.
Capital : Itanagar
CM : Pema Khandu
Governor : B.D. Mishra
Arunachal Pradesh – get first formal indigenous knowledge system school.
7. Which state launches ‘Mo College’ campaign to make higher education more innovative?
A) Tamil Nadu
E) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer: D) Odisha
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today rolled out the Mo College Campaign and called upon the Odia alumni across the globe to be a collaborative force in rebuilding their own institutions in their motherland.
- The Mo College campaign was launched in view of the success of the Mo School campaign rolled earlier by the State Government to connect global Odia alumni to their alma maters in Odisha.
- The campaign aims at making the higher education ecosystem more organic and innovative.
- Mr.Patnaik also launched the web portal on a virtual platform and said the state government has been taking steps to enhance the structure and functioning of higher education.
- The Mo College campaign, he believed, would bring a similar response for higher education Institutions as that of the Mo School
Capital : Bhubaneswar
Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
Governor – Ganeshi Lal
Odisha – ‘Mo College’ campaign to make higher education more innovative.