Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 09 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. The final of the World Test Championship (WTC) between India and which Country will be played at the Ageas Bowl in Southampton?
E) New Zealand
Answer: E) New Zealand
- The final of the World Test Championship (WTC) between India and New Zealand will be played at the Ageas Bowl in Southampton.
- The final will be played from June 18 to 22 with June 23 kept as the reserve day.
Ageas Bowl in Southampton – World Test Championship final between India and New Zealand.
2. Who won the Men’s Player of the Month (February)?
A) Ravichandran Ashwin
B) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
C) Virat Kohli
D) Ishan Kishan
E) Rohit Sharma
Answer: A) Ravichandran Ashwin
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) named spinner Ravichandran Ashwin as the Men’s Player of the Month (February) while England opening batter Tammy Beaumont was named as Women’s Player of the Month.
- ICC Player of the Month Awards recognise and celebrate the best performances from both male and female cricketers across all forms of international cricket each month.
- Ashwin won the ICC Men’s Player of the Month for February 2021, for his impressive performance against England as part of India’s successful Test series victory.
- In the 3 Tests he played, he scored a 106 in the second innings of India’s second Test victory over England in Chennai and took his 400th Test wicket in the third Test victory in Ahmedabad.
- England’s Tammy Beaumont played 3 ODIs in February against New Zealand where she passed fifty in each of these, totalling 231 runs.
- Beaumont was overwhelmingly named the ICC Women’s Player of the Month for February 2021.
Ashwin – ICC Men’s Player of the Month for February.
3. YONEX SWISS OPEN 2021 started in which date?
A) March 7
B) March 6
C) March 4
D) March 3
E) March 2
Answer: E) March 2
|MEN’S SINGLES||Viktor AXELSEN||Kunlavut VITIDSARN|
|WOMEN’S SINGLES||Carolina MARIN||PUSARLA V. Sindhu|
|MEN’S DOUBLES||Kim ASTRUP & Anders Skaarup RASMUSSEN||Mark LAMSFUSS &
|WOMEN’S DOUBLES||TAN Pearly & THINAAH Muralitharan||Gabriela STOEVA & Stefani STOEVA|
|MIXED DOUBLES||Thom GICQUEL & Delphine DELRUE||Mathias CHRISTIANSEN & Alexandra BØJE|
YONEX SWISS OPEN 2021 – March 2-7.
4. Ishar Singh Deol passed away. He was related to which sports?
Answer: E) Athlete
- Veteran Indian athlete Ishar Singh Deol, a recipient of the Dhyan Chand National Sports Award, has died.
- Deol had won many medals for the country and the State since 1951 and was awarded the Dhyan Chand National Award in 2009 for his lifelong contribution towards sports.
- Deol had competed in the first three Asian Games and won a bronze medal in the second Asian Games held in Manila, Philippines in 1954.
- Deol continually participated in shot-put and discus throw events from 1951 to 1960.
- He won gold medals in the All India Police Meet for five consecutive years from 1952 to 1957 besides clinching gold at the first Asian Veteran Athletic Meet in Singapore in 1982.
Ishar Singh Deol – Veteran Indian athlete.
BANKING AND FINANCE
5. Magicbricks has partnered with Razorpay and which Bank to create a secure online solution for rent payments through credit cards with an eye on the 10-million rental residential household market?
A) State Bank of India
B) Canara Bank
C) IndusInd Bank
D) HDFC Bank
E) ICICI Bank
Answer: D) HDFC Bank
- Magicbricks has partnered with Razorpay and HDFC Bank to create a secure online solution for rent payments through credit cards with an eye on the 10-million rental residential household market.
- The feature also enables tenants to earn rewards points and offers available on credit card payments.
- The tenant needs to provide details of the landlord, make payments through credit cards and the landlord will receive the payment based on his bank details or UPI ID.
- The tenant will also be provided with a digital rent receipt.
- The market for online payment of rent through credit cards was estimated to be around Rs 3,000 crore but could be much larger.
- Magicbricks plans to leverage its position as a leading property portal to scale up this business.
Hq: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Tagline: We Understand Your World
CEO: Sashidhar Jagdishan
Magicbricks + Razorpay + HDFC Bank – Credit card rent pay.
6. Which RRB has launched the ‘Vikas Asha’ loan scheme for women?
A) Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank
B) Andhra Pragathi Grameena Bank
C) Chaitanya Godavari Grameena Bank
D) Saptagiri Grameena Bank
E) Karnataka Gramin Bank
Answer: A) Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank
- The Dharwad-headquartered Karnataka Vikas Grameen Bank (KVGB) has launched the ‘Vikas Asha’ loan scheme for women.
- This new loan scheme is exclusively for women to meet business-related needs, including purchasing machinery/equipment/vehicle, and working capital requirements under micro and small enterprises, including retail trade.
- Under this scheme, the bank will extend loan up to a maximum of ₹10 lakh with a repayment period of 84 months.
Karnataka Vikas Grameen Bank:
Headquarters: Dharwad, Karnataka
Chairman : Puttaganti Gopi Krishna
KVGB – Loan scheme for women entrepreneurs.
7. Which Small Finance Bank has announced the launch of a “Women Savings Account” catering to the financial needs of women?
A) Equitas Small Finance Bank
B) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
C) Fincare Small Finance Bank
D) Capital Small Finance Bank
E) Au Small Finance Bank
Answer: B) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank has announced the launch of a “Women Savings Account” catering to the financial needs of women.
- ‘Garima Savings Account’, as the product has been named, will offer multiple customised benefits to women, including up to a maximum of 7% rate of interest on the savings account.
- Through this product, Ujjivan SFB aims to serve the financially aware and economically active women of the mass market and become a companion in their day-to-day banking needs.
- Garima Savings Account offers a higher cash deposit and free unlimited withdrawal at any Ujjivan SFB branch with no additional charges for non-home branch transactions.
- Customers would also enjoy unlimited free NEFT and RTGS transactions through internet banking and mobile banking.
Ujjivan small finance bank:
Headquarters: Bangalore, Karnataka
CEO: Samit Kumar Ghosh
Ujjivan Small Finance Bank – Women savings account, offers 7% interest rates.
8. Pallav Mohapatra has been appointed as chief of Asset Reconstruction Co India Ltd (Arcil). He served as CEO of which bank?
A) Bank of Baroda
B) Central Bank of India
C) State Bank of India
D) United Bank of India
E) Punjab National Bank
Answer: B) Central Bank of India
- Mohapatra suceeds Vinayak Bahuguna, who left Arcil after five years at the helm in June 2020.
Headquarters: Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
CEO: Pallav Mohapatra
Pallav Mohapatra – Arcil CEO – Vinayak Bahuguna (succeeds).
9. How many Women will be inducted into US National Women’s Hall of Fame?
Answer: C) 9
- Former US first lady Michelle Obama will be inducted into the National Women’s Hall of Fame along with eight other women including former PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi, soccer icon Mia Hamm and NASA mathematician Katherine Johnson, who died last year.
- The National Women’s Hall of Fame named the members of its Class of 2021 set to be inducted on October 2.
- Others in the list include author Octavia Butler, who died in 2006, Rebecca Halstead, who had a near three-decade career in the military, poet Joy Harjo, artist Judy Chicago and activist Emily Howland, who died in 1929 and had taught formerly enslaved people how to read and write in refugee settlements where she worked during the American Civil War.
- The National Women’s Hall of Fame, in Seneca Falls, New York, says it is the United States’ oldest membership organization dedicated to honoring and celebrating the achievements of distinguished American women.
Michelle Obama – Induct into US National Women’s Hall of Fame.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
10. ISRO has completed development of a Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) capable of producing extremely high-resolution images for a joint earth observation satellite mission with which space agency?
Answer: E) NASA
- ISRO has completed development of a Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) capable of producing extremely high-resolution images for a joint earth observation satellite mission with the US space agency NASA.
- NASA-ISRO SAR (NISAR) is a joint collaboration for a dual-frequency L and S-band SAR for earth observation.
- NASA and Bengaluru-headquartered ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) signed a partnership on September 30, 2014, to collaborate on and launch NISAR.
- The mission is targeted to launch in early 2022 from ISRO’s Sriharikota spaceport in Andhra Pradesh’s Nellore district, about 100 kms north of Chennai.
- NASA is providing the mission’s L-band SAR, a high-rate communication subsystem for science data, GPS receivers, a solid-state recorder and payload data subsystem.
- ISRO is providing the spacecraft bus, the S-band radar, the launch vehicle and associated launch services for the mission, whose goal is to make global measurements of the causes and consequences of land surface changes using advanced radar imaging.
- The S-band SAR payload of NISAR satellite mission was flagged off by the Secretary in the Department of Space and ISRO Chairman K Sivan on March 4 through virtual mode.
NISAR uses a sophisticated information-processing technique known as SAR to produce extremely high-resolution images.
- Radar penetrates clouds and darkness, enabling NISAR to collect data day and night in any weather.
Abbreviation: Indian Space Research Organisation
Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka
Chairman: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
Abbreviation: The National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Founded: 1 October 1958
Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States of America
Acting Administrator : Steve Jurczyk
ISRO – Develop radar for joint earth observation satellite mission with NASA.
11. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the “Maitri Setu” between India and which country?
Answer: C) Bangladesh
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the “Maitri Setu” between India and Bangladesh, a bridge built over the Feni river, with Bangladeshi premier Sheikh Hasina asserting that political boundaries should not become physical barriers for trade.
- Modi also inaugurated and laid the foundation stones of multiple infrastructure projects in Tripura during the online event.
- The “Maitri Setu” has been built over the Feni river, which flows between the Indian boundary in Tripura and Bangladesh.
- The 1.9-km-long bridge joins Sabroom in India with Ramgarh in Bangladesh.
Prime Minister, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Department of Atomic Energy, Department of Space and All-important policy issues and All other portfolios not allocated to any Minister
Minister: Narendra Modi
Constituency: Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
PM Modi – ‘Maitri Setu’ between India and Bangladesh.
12. A report named Mobilising Electric Vehicle Financing in India is released by which organization?
E) NITI Aayog
Answer: E) NITI Aayog
- India’s Electric Vehicle financing industry is projected to be Rs 3,70,000 Crore in 2030.
- This was said in the report titled Mobilising Electric Vehicle Financing in India, which was released by NITI Aayog and Rocky Mountain Institute India.
- The report highlights the role of finance in India’s transition to electric vehicles.
- NITI Aayog has said that India’s Electric Vehicle ecosystem has so far focused on overcoming adoption hurdles associated with technology cost, infrastructure availability, and consumer behaviour.
- It said, Financing is the next critical barrier that needs to be addressed to accelerate India’s electric mobility transition.
- The report analyses that the transition will require a cumulative capital investment of over 19 lakh crore rupees in electric vehicles, charging infrastructure, and batteries over the next decade.
- The report has also proposed a toolkit of 10 solutions that can be adopted in catalysing the required capital.
- Solutions recommended in the report include priority-sector lending and interest-rate subvention, creating better partnerships between Original Equipment Manufacturers and financial institutions, having a developed and formal secondary market to improve the resale value of electric vehicles.
Abbreviation: National Institution for Transforming India Aayog
Hq: New Delhi, Delhi
CEO: Amitabh Kant
NITI Aayog – India’s Electric Vehicle financing industry projected to be Rs 3,70,000 Crore in 2030.
13. Which state/UT has announced the launch of Super-75 scholarship scheme to support the education of meritorious girls belonging to poor families?
E) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer: E) Jammu & Kashmir
- The Jammu and Kashmir Government has announced the launch of Super-75 scholarship scheme to support the education of meritorious girls belonging to poor families.
- The scheme has been launched to celebrate Azaadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav- India@75.
- Another scheme named Tejaswini under Mission Youth has been also announced to provide financial assistance of Rs 5 lakhs to the girls between the age group of 18 to 35 years to start their business.
- It will facilitate women education and strengthen the Entrepreneur Ecosystem of Women in J&K.
Jammu and Kashmir:
Capital: Srinagar(summer), Jammu(winter)
Governor: Manoj Sinha
J&K govt – Announce launch of Super-75 scholarship scheme for meritorious girls.
14. Which state has announced Rs 10,000/ each for ASHA and Anganwadi volunteers, who had worked during the Covid 19 phase?
A) Andhra Pradesh
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: D) Uttarakhand
- Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat has announced Rs 10,000/ each for ASHA and Anganwadi volunteers, who had worked during the Covid 19 phase on the occasion of International Women Day.
- He also announced Rs. 15000 for each of the Mahila Mangal Dal and women self-help groups.
- The Chief Minister virtually attended the function and addressed the gathering in Gairsain in Chamoli district and said that empowerment of women is extremely important for the all-around development of the society and the state.
- The Chief Minister said that during his four years in power, he had taken several steps for the welfare of women.
Capital: Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain(Summer)
CM: Trivendra Singh Rawat
Governor: Baby Rani Maurya
Uttarakhand Chief Minister – Announce ten thousand each for ASHA, Anganwadi volunteers.
15. Which state/UT announced to launch a new scheme “Saheli Samanvay Kendra” to empower women?
E) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer: C) Delhi
- Delhi government announced to launch a new scheme “Saheli Samanvay Kendra” to empower women.
- Under the new scheme, 500 anganwadi hubs will be set up for incubating individual start-ups and to promote self-help groups.
- Sisodia has set aside Rs 4,750 crore for the Department of Social Welfare, women and Child Development and welfare of SC/ST/OBC.
Capital: New Delhi
CM: Arvind Kejriwal
Governor: Anil Baijal
Delhi govt – Launch new scheme ‘Saheli Samanvay Kendra’ to empower women.
16. Uttar Pradesh gets New Airport in Bareilly. Now, How many Airports in
Answer: A) 8
- Flight operations at the much-awaited Bareilly airport have started. With this, Bareilly becomes the eighth airport to operate in Uttar Pradesh after Lucknow, Varanasi, Agra, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Prayagraj and Hindon.
- Union Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri virtually flagged off the first flight from the newly upgraded Bareilly Airport to Delhi on 8 March 2021.
- The airport has been upgraded for commercial flight operations under UDAN – RCS.
UP – Gets its 8th airport.