Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 10 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. CISF Raising day is observed on March 10. This Year in which edition?
Answer: C) 52
- The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) is observing its 52nd Raising Day on
- It is the day when the CISF, one of six paramilitary forces in India, was set up under the Union ministry of home affairs in 1969.
- Currently, the CISF has an active strength of more than 148,000 personnel. It has 12 reserve battalions and eight training institutes.
- It was formed to protect industrial undertakings of both government and private.
- One of the central police forces in India, the CISF was set up in 1969 and is tasked with the security of vital government and industrial buildings.
- In 1983 is was brought under the armed forces with another Act.
- With an earlier strength of 3,129, the CISF was established under CISF Act.
In 2017, the government raised its sanctioned strength from 145,000 to 180,000 personnel.
- The day is observed to mark the significance of security in the critical industrial undertakings in both government and private sectors.
- CISF guards strategic establishments, including the department of space, the department of atomic energy, airports, seaports, the Delhi Metro and historical monuments.
- It also provides security to some private sector units and important government buildings in Delhi.
2. National Gestational Diabetes Awareness Day is celebrated on which date?
A) March 8
B) March 9
C) March 10
D) March 11
E) March 12
Answer: C) March 10
- National GDM Awareness Day on March 10 – raising awareness about the link between maternal health and diabetes nationwide, and inviting pregnant women to hospitals and clinics for free screening.
3. Joey Benjamin passed away. He was related to which sports?
A) Table Tennis
Answer: E) Cricket
- Former England fast bowler Joey Benjamin has died at the age of 60 following a heart attack.
- Mr. Benjamin was born in St Kitts but made his name playing county cricket for Warwickshire and Surrey, and appeared in his only Test against South Africa in 1994.
- He took four for 42 in the first innings of a match best remembered for team-mate Devon Malcolm’s sensational nine-wicket haul in South Africa’s second innings.
- He also played in two one-day internationals and finished his career with 387 first-class wickets at an average of 29.94.
- His former county sides Surrey and Warwickshire both confirmed his death. Surrey said the club flag on top of the Oval’s pavilion would fly at half-mast.
Joey Benjamin – Former England fast bowler.
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. Which Bank has been taken out of the Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) framework, subject to certain conditions and continuous monitoring?
A) HDFC Bank
B) Indian Overseas Bank
C) Bank of Baroda
D) Canara Bank
E) IDBI Bank
Answer: E) IDBI Bank
- IDBI Bank has been taken out of the Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) framework, subject to certain conditions and continuous monitoring.
- The performance of IDBI Bank Limited was reviewed by the Board for Financial Supervision (BFS) in its meeting held on February 18, 2021 and it was decided that the lender will be taken out of PCA framework.
- IDBI Bank was placed under PCA in May, 2017.
- Under the PCA framework, lenders which slip below certain financial parameters such as capital ratios, asset quality and profitability will be under the close watch of RBI.
- The lender reported a net profit of Rs 378 crore in the quarter ended December 2020 (Q3FY21), aided by a rise in net interest income.
- This is the fourth consecutive quarter of profit for the lender.
- Net interest income rose 18 per cent to Rs 1,810 crore compared with the same period a year-ago, while net interest margin (NIM) improved by 60 basis points to 2.87 per cent in the quarter.
Reserve Bank of India:
Act: Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Governor– Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors– 4 (Bibhu Prasad Kanungo, Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao)
MD & CEO: Rakesh Sharma
Tagline: Banking for All “Aao SocheinBada”
RBI – Take IDBI Bank out of PCA framework, subject to certain conditions.
5. Tirath Singh Rawat takes oath as chief minister of which state?
A) Andhra Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: D) Uttarakhand
- Tirath Singh Rawat, BJP’s Lok Sabha MP from Garhwal, took oath as the new chief minister of Uttarakhand.
- He replaces Trivendra Singh Rawat who had stepped down from the post and oath of office was administered to him by Uttarakhand Governor Baby Rani Maurya.
Capital: Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
CM: Tirath Singh Rawat
Governor: Baby Rani Maurya
Tirath Singh Rawat – Chief minister of Uttarakhand.- Trivendra Singh Rawat (replaced)
6. Who will be honoured with an award by the International Federation of Film Archives (FIAF)?
B) Shivaji Ganesan
C) Kamal Haasan
D) Amitabh Bachchan
E) Rajesh Khanna
Answer: D) Amitabh Bachchan
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan will be honoured with an award by the International Federation of Film Archives (FIAF).
- The veteran actor will be the first Indian cinema personality to be bestowed with the FIAF Award for his dedication and contribution to the preservation of the world’s film heritage.
- Hollywood film-makers and previous recipients of the FIAF Award – Martin Scorsese and Christopher Nolan – will present the award to Bachchan during a virtual showcase scheduled to take place on March 19.
- The FIAF is a worldwide organisation, comprising of film archives and museums from across the world.
- Previous recipients of the FIAF Award include Manoel de Oliveira, Ingmar Bergman, Geraldine Chaplin, Hou Hsiao-hsien, Peter Bogdanovich, Nelson Pereira dos Santos, Rithy Panh, Liv Ullmann, Kyoko Kagawa, Agnes Varda, Jan Svankmajer, Yervant Gianikian and Angela Ricci Lucchi, Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne, Apichatpong Weerasethakul, Jean-Luc Godard and Walter Salles
Amitabh Bachchan – First Indian film personality to be felicitated with FIAF Award.
7. Which country has begun its first military exercises in space to test its ability to defend its satellites?
Answer: D) France
- France has begun its first military exercises in space to test its ability to defend its satellites, in a sign of the growing competition between world powers in Earth’s orbit.
- Michel Friedling, the head of France’s newly created Space Command, called the exercises a “stress test of our systems” and said they “were a first for the French army and even a first in Europe.”
- Codenamed “AsterX” in a nod to the first French satellite Asterix from 1965, the drills will simulate the monitoring of a potentially dangerous space object, as well as a threat to a satellite.
- The new US Space Force and German space agencies are taking part in the French exercises, which began on Monday and will run until Friday.
- France’s Space Command was announced in 2019 and is set to number 500 people by 2025.
- In 2018, France accused Russia of trying to intercept transmissions from a Franco-Italian satellite used by both nations’ armies for secure communications.
- The Russian satellite Louch-Olymp allegedly approached the Athena-Fidus satellite in what French authorities called “an act of espionage.”
France – Conduct first military drills in space.
8. Russia and which country signed a memorandum of understanding to set up an international lunar research station?
Answer: C) China
- Russia and China signed a memorandum of understanding to set up an international lunar research station.
- An international lunar science station is a complex of experimental and research facilities created on the surface and/or in orbit of the moon, designed to conduct multidisciplinary and multipurpose research work.
- Earlier China and France reaffirmed their commitment to working together in the field of space exploration.
Russia + China – An international lunar research station.
9. The Union government released the 12th and final monthly instalment of revenue deficit grant of Rs 6,194.09 crore to how many states?
Answer: A) 14
- The union government released the 12th and final monthly instalment of revenue deficit grant of Rs 6,194.09 crore to the states.
- With the release of this installment, a total amount of Rs 74,340 crore has been released to eligible states as Post Devolution Revenue Deficit Grant (PDRD) in the current financial year.
- 100 per cent of the amount recommended by the Fifteenth Finance Commission to 14 states has been released by the central government.
- The Fifteenth Finance Commission had recommended a total Post Devolution Revenue Deficit Grant of Rs 74,340 crore to 14 States in the financial year 2020-21.
- The revenue deficit grants are provided to the states under Article 275 of the Constitution and are released in monthly instalments as per the recommendations of the Fifteenth Finance Commission to meet the gap in revenue of the states post the devolution.
- The eligibility of states to receive this grant and the quantum of grant was decided by the Commission based on the gap between assessment of revenue and expenditure of the State after taking into account the assessed devolution for the financial year 2020-21.
- The States who have been recommended revenue deficit grant by the commission are: Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Punjab, Sikkim, Tamil Nadu, Tripura, Uttarakhand and West Bengal.
Government – Revenue deficit grant of Rs 6,194 cr released to 14 states.
10. Who inaugurated the two Technology Centres and three Extension Centres of MSME?
A) Nirmala Sitharaman
B) Dharmendra Pradhan
C) Narendra Singh Tomar
D) Kiren Rijiju
E) Nitin Gadkari
Answer: E) Nitin Gadkari
- Union Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Nitin Gadkari inaugurated the two Technology Centres and three Extension Centres of MSME virtually.
- The Technology Centres which were inaugurated have been set up at Visakhapatnam and Bhopal and the Extension Centres at Srinagar, Jaipur and Nagaur.
- The MSME has rolled out the Technology Centres Systems Programme to develop the competitiveness ecosystems of MSME in the country.
- These Technology Centres will train more than 16 thousand students annually and have infrastructure for training and production.
- Mr Gdkari also launched the 7 Udyan Express Mobile Vans with a view to provide assistance to MSME in remote areas and also make aware the youth of rural areas about governemnt’s schemes.
Nitin Gadkari- Two Technology Centres and three Extension Centres of MSME.
11. Shri Piyush Goyal flags off 3000 HP Cape Gauge Locomotive for export to which country?
A) South Africa
Answer: D) Mozambique
- The Union Minister of Railways, Commerce & Industry and Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Shri Piyush Goyal flagged off 3000 HP Cape Gauge Locomotive indigenously developed by Banaras Locomotive Works, Varanasi via video conferencing along with Minister of Transport and Communications, Government of Mozambique, Shri Janfar Abdulai, Union Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Dr. Mahendra Nath Pandey and other dignitaries present at the event site.
- The export of locomotives to Mozambique shall boost the Indo-African relationship and pilot the economic empowerment through export.
- Indian Railways is exporting first batch of 2 locomotives as part of total order of 6 locomotives of 3000 HP cape gauge locomotive and 90 stainless steel passenger coaches to Mozambique.
- These locomotives are developed indigenously by Banaras Locomotive Works under Make-in-India, they are being exported through Indian Railways’ PSU, Rites Limited. In spirit of Atmanirbhar Bharat, these Cape Gauge Diesel Locos have been designed in India, Made in India and financed by India.
Features of 3000 HP Cape Gauge Locomotive:
- This locomotive is capable of hauling 2255 ton at 100 kmph at level track and maximum tractive effort of 400N.
- The driver cabin of this locomotive is Noise Vibration and Harshness standard compliant having very good acoustics, ergonomically designed seats, integrated Graphic Driver Display, and also provided with Heating Venting AC (HVAC) for better crew comfort and reducing fatigue.
- Facilities include on board water-closet (toilet module), refrigerator and hot plate.
- New control console has been designed and developed for Right hand drive.
- Equipped with Computer Controlled Brake system (CCB 2.0) for ensuring highest safety standards, reliability and maintainability.
- Larger fuel tank of 6000 liters for longer operation.
- Stainless steel pipes have been used for ensuring corrosion resistance.
- M/s Bureau Veritas/Noida an International inspecting agency appointed by Mozambique Railway is doing stage inspection of Mozambique Locomotives at BLW.
- Locomotives are cost effective and are at par with International Standards.
Piyush Goyal – 3000 HP Cape Gauge Locomotive for export to Mozambique.
12. India’s biggest floating solar plant to be commissioned in next three months built by _?
B) Adhani Power Ltd.
C) Jaiprakash Power Ventures Ltd.
D) JSW Energy Ltd.
E) KEC International Ltd.
Answer: A) NTPC
- The country’s biggest floating solar power plant, by generation capacity, till date being developed by NTPC in the reservoir of its thermal plant at Ramagundam in Peddapalli district of Telangana is set to be commissioned by May-June next.
- Work on the 100-megawatt plant is in the final stages of completion.
- It would be one of the renewable (solar) energy plants being developed by NTPC with an installed capacity of 447MW in the Southern Region and the entire capacity would be commissioned by March 2023.
- Except for the 230MW ground-mounted solar power plant at Ettayapuram in Thoothukudi district of Tamil Nadu, the remaining 217MW capacity was being planned to be commissioned by May-June this year.
NTPC – India’s biggest floating solar plant commissioned in 3 months.