Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
February 14 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurate the Chennai Metro Rail Phase-I extension project at a cost of how much amount?
A) Rs 1,770 crores
B) Rs 2,770 crores
C) Rs 3,770 crores
D) Rs 5,770 crores
E) Rs 4,770 crores
Answer: D) Rs 5,770 crores
Narendra Modi Visits Tamil Nadu:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi Launching more than 8000 crore Rupees worth projects in Chennai.
- The Government was committed for enabling the defence corridor at a cost of Rs. 8100 crore in the state of Tamilnadu.
- Prime Minister Modi accepted a salute by the state-of-the-art tank, indigenously designed, developed, and manufactured by the Defence Research and Development Organisation’s (DRDO) Combat Vehicles Research and Development Establishment in Chennai.
- Prime Minister also inaugurated the Chennai Metro Rail Phase-I extension, completed at a cost of 3770 crore rupees, and flagged off the passenger services from Washermenpet to Wimco Nagar.
- This 9.05 km long extension will link North Chennai with the Airport and Central Railway Station.
- The 22 km long fourth Railway line between Chennai Beach and Attipattu was also inaugurated by the Prime Minister. Laid at a cost of 293.40 crore rupees, this is an additional track to Thiruvallur districts meant to ease out traffic from Chennai Port.
- Mr Modi also inaugurated the Railway Electrification of single line section in Villupuram – Cuddalore – Mayiladuthurai – Thanjavur and Mayiladuthurai-Thiruvarur.
- Completed at a cost of 423 crore rupees, the electrification of this 228 km route will enable free flow of traffic without the need for a change of traction between Chennai Egmore and Kanyakumari.
- The Prime Minister laid the foundation stone for the extension, renovation and modernization of the Grand Anicut Canal System, which is an important source of irrigation in the delta districts.
- The modernization of this canal is to be taken up at a cost of 2,640 crore rupees.
- Prime Minister laid the foundation stone for the Discovery Campus of IIT Madras.
- The Campus is to be built at Thaiyur near Chennai at an estimated cost of 1000 crore rupees in the first phase, over an area of 2 lakh sqm.
Narendra Modi Visits Kerala:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated to the nation a Rs 6,000 crore petrochemical complex of oil major Bharat Petroleum and Ro-Ro vessels of Inland Waterways at Willingdon Islands, asserting these projects would energise India’s growth trajectory.
- The Prime Minister also inaugurated the Cochin Port Trust’s International Cruise Terminal and Cochin Shipyard Vigyana Sagar, a campus for Marine Engineering Training Institute.
- He also laid the foundation stone of Cochin Port Trust’s South Coal Berth and said these projects covered a wide range of sectors and will energise India’s growth trajectory.
- The two new Roll-on/Roll-off vessels, deployed between Bolgatty and Willingdon Island on National Waterway-3, will have the capacity to carry six 20-feet trucks, three 20-feet trailer trucks, three 40-feet trailer trucks and 30 passengers each.
- The service, operated by Inland Waterways Authority, will benefit trade as a result of reduced transportation cost and transit time, and will also lead to reduced congestion on the roads of Kochi.
CM: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
Prime Minister, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Department of Atomic Energy, Department of Space and All important policy issues and All other portfolios not allocated to any Minister:
Minister: Narendra Modi
Constituency: Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
Narendra Modi – Several developmental projects in Tamil Nadu.
2. NABFOUNDATION has entered into a MoU with Dalmia Bharat Foundation to develop a unique skill mapping programme for unemployed youths in all the North Eastern states. NABFOUNDATION is the Arm of which organsation?
Answer: E) NABARD
- NABFOUNDATION, not for profit arm of National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development Bank (NABARD) has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Dalmia Bharat Foundation to develop a unique skill mapping programme for unemployed youths in all the North Eastern states of Assam, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Mizoram, Manipur, Meghalaya and Tripura.
- Recently, a memorandum of understanding was signed between NAB FOUNDATION and the Dalmia Bharat Foundation (DBF) in Delhi to cooperate with the project. NABARD’s other two subsidiaries, NABSAMRUDDHI and NABFINS, have also taken steps to support this unique initiative.
- The program titled “Project NEW” (NER Entrepreneurs’ World) works in two phases. In the first phase, an online portal is set up with the smart app to capture skill gaps and aspirations.
NABFOUNDATION + Dalmia Bharat Foundation – Skill mapping program for unemployed youth in the northeast.
3. The Finance Ministry will infuse how much amount capital into state-owned general insurance companies during the current quarter in a bid to improve their financial health?
A) Rs 1,000 crore
B) Rs 2,000 crore
C) Rs 3,000 crore
D) Rs 4,000 crore
E) Rs 5,000 crore
Answer: C) Rs 3,000 crore
- The Finance Ministry will infuse Rs 3,000 crore capital into state-owned general insurance companies during the current quarter in a bid to improve their financial health.
Last year, the Union Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi cleared proposal to provide capital support to National Insurance, Oriental Insurance and United India Insurance.
- The cabinet had also decided to increase the authorised share capital of National Insurance Company Limited (NICL) to Rs 7,500 crore and that of United India Insurance Company Limited (UIICL) and Oriental Insurance Company Limited (OICL) to
Rs 5,000 crore each to give effect to the capital infusion decision.
- Recently, the government sought Parliament nod for gross additional expenditure of Rs 6.28 lakh crore for 2020-21 as part of second and final batch of supplementary demands for grants.
- This included Rs 3,000 crore for providing additional funds towards recapitalisation of insurance companies.
Finance and Corporate Affairs:
Minister: Nirmala Sitharaman
Constituency: Rajya Sabha MP, Karnataka
Finance Ministry – Infuse Rs 3,000 crore in general insurance companies this quarter.
4. Which edition of Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav is being held between 14th to 28th February at Cooch Behar, Darjeeling and Murshidabad in West Bengal?
- Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav is being held between 14th to 28th February at Cooch Behar, Darjeeling and Murshidabad in West Bengal.
- The inaugural programme is going to take place this evening at Coochbehar.
- This year the Mahotsav assumes more significance as the nation emerges from the covid pandemic situation which has severely impacted the cultural sector.
- Through this event, the ministry endeavors to provide the much-needed support and assistance to the artists along with the confidence that the cultural functions can now be organized, taking into account all necessary precautions.
- The Coochbehar Palace has been beautifully decorated to host the flagship programme of the union ministry of culture that has been instrumental in showcasing the culture of one state in other states reinforcing the cherished goal of “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat”.
- The RSM will be held from 22nd to 24th of February at Darjeeling and between 26 to 28th February in the Murshidabad district of West Bengal.
CM: Mamata Banerjee
Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar
West Bengal – Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav being held from 14th to 28th Feb.
5. Minority Affairs Minister is organising which edition Hunar Haat of indigenous artisans and craftsmen from across the country at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi?
Answer: D) 26th
- Minority Affairs Ministry is organising 26th Hunar Haat of indigenous artisans and craftsmen from across the country at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi.
- More than 600 artisans and craftsmen, including a large number of women artisans, from more than 31 States and Union Territories will participate in the event.
- The Hunar Haat will be organised with the theme of Vocal for Local from 20th February to 1st March this year.
- Hunar Haat will also be available at virtual and online platform www.hunarhaat.org and on GeM Portal where the people of the country and abroad can buy Hunar Haat products digital and online also.
Minister: Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
Constituency: Uttar Pradesh
Minority Affairs – Organise 26th Hunar Haat in New Delhi.
6. Jammu and Kashmir have approved the establishment of an Integrated Solid Waste Management (ISWM) project by NAFED at cost of how much amount?
A) Rs. 24.41 crore
B) Rs. 54.41 crore
C) Rs. 74.41 crore
D) Rs. 44.41 crore
E) Rs. 34.41 crore
Answer: C) Rs. 74.41 crore
- In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir the Administrative Council (AC) has approved the establishment of an Integrated Solid Waste Management (ISWM) project by the National Agriculture Cooperative Marketing Federation of India (NAFED).
- To implement the project, the Jammu Municipal Corporation (JMC) will sign an agreement with NAFED to set up a 350 MT capacity ISWM plant along with an ancillary bio-CNG generating plant and bio-landfill at Kot Bhalwal, Jammu.
- At the estimated project cost of Rs. 74.41 crore and project timeline of 2 years, NAFED will establish a scientific system for waste management.
Jammu and Kashmir:
Capital: Srinagar(summer), Jammu(winter)
Governor: Manoj Sinha
NAFED – Develop Integrated Solid Waste Management Project at Kot Bhalwal
in 2 yrs.
7. Which state/UT launches a campaign to become Covid-free by February 28?
B) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer: E) Puducherry
- A campaign has been launched to ensure there were no COVID-19 cases by this month end in the union territory Puducherry , where the daily count has fallen to single digits.
- Under the “Zero Covid by Feb28” campaign, all those who had come into contact with people infected with coronavirus would be identified and provided treatment, so that the further spread of the pathogen could be prevented.
CM: V Narayanasamy
Governor: Kiran Bedi
Puducherry – Campaign to become Covid-free by February 28.
8. Which state/UT will launch a month-long campaign for registration of construction workers with Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board to enable them to avail benefits of its schemes?
B) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer: A) Delhi
- The Delhi government will launch a month-long campaign for registration of construction workers with Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board to enable them to avail benefits of its schemes.
- The Welfare Board will organise special camps in nine districts to register the construction sector workers from February 15 to March 15.
- Currently, around 52,000 construction workers including masons, electricians and painters are registered with the Board.
- Also, there are nearly 66,000 workers who have been registered but are yet to be verified.
- A registration drive was launched in August last year but its outcome was not satisfactory due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Capital: New Delhi
CM: Arvind Kejriwal
Governor: Anil Baijal
Delhi – Launch campaign for registration of construction workers with
its welfare board.