Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December – 30 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Which Indian player becomes the third Indian cricketer to feature in 50 or more games for the country across all three formats — Tests, ODIs and T20Is?
A) Ravindra Jadeja
B) VVS Laxman
C) Yuvraj Singh
D) KL Rahul
Answer: A) Ravindra Jadeja
- All-rounder, Ravindra Jadeja expressed gratitude after becoming the third Indian cricketer to feature in 50 or more games for the country across all three formats — Tests, ODIs and T20Is.
- Jadeja joined Indian captain Virat Kohli and former skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni in the elite club.
- The all-rounder, who has played 50 Tests, 168 ODIs, and 50 T20Is.
- Former skipper Dhoni, who made his debut in 2004, had featured in 90 Tests, 350 ODIs, and 98 T20Is for India.
- On the other hand, Kohli has played 87 Tests, 251 ODIs, and 85 T20Is for the Men in Blue.
Jadeja – become 3rd Indian to play 50 games across all three formats
2. The Asian Beach Games have been postponed for a second time due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This game in which edition?
Answer: C) 6th
- The sixth edition of the Asian Beach Games in Sanya, China, have been postponed for a second time due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Games were originally scheduled for Nov. 28 to Dec. 6 but were pushed back to April 2-10, 2021 after China said the only international sports events allowed in the country this year would be trials for the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing.
Asian Beach Games – postpone due to COVID-19.
3. Nikhil Nandy passed away. He was related to which sports?
Answer: B) Football
- Former Blue Tigers’ Olympian Nikhil Nandy passed away.
- Nandy was part of the triumphant Bengal squad which won the Santosh Trophy in 1955.
He had also won the Calcutta Football League with Eastern Railways back in 1958.
Nikhil Nandy – Former Olympian, Indian defender.
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. Which insurance company has launched an online platform for small and medium enterprises to buy or renew insurance?
A) Edelweiss General Insurance
B) SBI Life Insurance
C) Shriram Life Insurance
D) ICICI Lombard
Answer: D) ICICI Lombard
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance has launched an online platform for small and medium enterprises to buy or renew insurance.
- The new interface will serve as a convenient platform for SME owners to buy or renew insurance products, endorse their insurance policies, and register claims.
- Through this platform, business owners can opt for different insurance options such as marine insurance, workmen compensation.
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
CEO : Bhargav Dasgupta
ICICI Lombard – launch online platform for SMEs.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
5. Which Ministry released a booklet named “Building an Aatmanirbhar Bharat”?
A) Piyush Goyal
B) Nirmala Sitharaman
C) Narendra Modi
D) Amit Shah
Answer: A) Piyush Goyal
- Ministry of Railways has released a booklet of achievements of Ministry of Railways in the year 2020 with the title “Building an Aatmanirbhar Bharat”.
- The booklet contains significant achievements and initiatives of Indian Railways in the year 2020.
- The booklet is having Ministry of Railways’significant achievements and initiatives with many specific titles like Lifeline of the Nation in the times of COVID-19, Railways spreading goodwill during COVID-19, Rail Suraksha, Infrastructure for a better tomorrow, Northeast connecting the Seven Sisters, Aatmanirbhar Bharat, Swachh Rail Swachh Bharat, Green Railways, Skilling India, Dedicated Freight Corridor on Track, Fast-track Freight, Freight on Front-foot, Prosperity in farms with Kisan Rail, Continue to Making Passenger Smile, Platforms of Progress, Public Private Partnership in Operations, Vikaski Rail, Nimble Railways Fast Railways, Transparency & Accountability etc.
Railways and Commerce and Industry
Minister : Piyush Goyal
Constituency : Rajya Sabha MP, Maharashtra
Ministry of Railways – release a booklet of Year End Achievements titled “Building an Aatmanirbhar Bharat
6. Niranjan Banodkar is appointed as the Group Chief Financial Officer of which Bank?
A) Yes Bank
B) ICICI Bank
C) HDFC Bank
D) Bandhan Bank
Answer: A) Yes Bank
- Private sector lender Yes Bank has appointed Niranjan Banodkar as the Group Chief Financial Officer of the bank.
- Banodkar is currently responsible for the Strategy and Planning function as well as driving the Sustainability agenda at Yes Bank.
- He will replace Anurag Adlakha.
- He has been appointed Chief Human Resources Officer.
- Adlakha is replacing Deodutta Kurane, who would be retiring from the service of the bank.
MD and CEO: Prashant Kumar
Tagline: Experience our Expertise
Yes Bank – Anurag Adlakha as Chief Human Resources Officer
7. P Ravi Kumar has been appointed as Karnataka chief secretary. He was replaced whom?
B) Ravi Kumar
D) TM Vijay Bhaskar
Answer: D) TM Vijay Bhaskar
- Senior IAS officer P Ravi Kumar has been appointed as Karnataka’s 38th chief secretary.
- He will replace TM Vijay Bhaskar who will superannuate on December 31 2020.
Capital : Bengaluru
CM : B. S. Yeddyurappa
Governor : Vajubhai Vala
P Ravi Kumar – Karnataka Chief Secretary
8. Who has been conferred with the prestigious “Eminent Engineer Award for the Year 2020’ by the Institution of Engineering and Technology?
A) Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
B) V.K. Yadav
C) Amit Shah
D) Piyush Goyal
Answer: B) V.K. Yadav
- Shri V.K. Yadav, Chairman & CEO, Railway Board, Ministry of Railways has been conferred with the prestigious “Eminent Engineer Award for the Year 2020’ by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) for his outstanding contribution towards modernization and reforms over Indian Railways.
- Every year Institution of Engineering and Technology, Delhi Local Network celebrates Engineers’ Day on the 15th September to commemorate the birth anniversary of Bharat Ratna Sir M Visvesvaraya.
- On this occasion, besides technical activities the Institution also presents Eminent Engineer’s Award to distinguished Engineering personalities for their outstanding services in the field of Engineering and technology.
About Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET):-
- The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) is a multidisciplinary professional engineering institution formally known as The Institution of Electrical Engineers (IEE), established 1871.
- It is one of the world’s largest engineering institutions with over 168,000 members in 150 countries.
- The Institution is celebrating glorious 150 years of existence.
- IET is registered as a Charity in England and Wales (No. 211014) and Scotland (No. SC038698).
- IET Delhi Local Network is one amongst nine such networks in South Asia, which constitutes the Indian arm of the IET.
Shri V.K. Yadav – confer with the prestigious “Eminent Engineer Award for the Year 2020’
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
9. The Indian Space Research Organization is set to launch the first satellite to have been developed completely in Brazil by the National Institute for Space Research. What is the name of that satellite?
Answer: A) Amazonia-1
- The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) is set to launch Amazonia-1, the first satellite to have been developed completely in Brazil by the National Institute for Space Research (INPE).
- Emirates SkyCargo, the freight division of Emirates airline, has executed a cargo charter to transport Amazonia-1 from Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil to Chennai.
- The earth Observation has been designed, assembled and tested in Brazil and took eight years to be developed.
- Once launched into space, it will help monitor the ecosystem of the Amazon rainforest, the world’s largest tropical rainforest.
- The satellite is due to be sent to space in February 2021 from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre on the East coast of India.
- The Amazonia series satellites are composed of two independent modules: a Service Module, which is the Multi-Mission Platform (MMP), and a Payload Module, which houses image cameras and equipment for recording and transmitting image data.
Amazonia-1 is a Sun synchronous (polar) orbiting satellite that can generate images of any part of the world every five days. For this, it has a wide-view optical imager (camera with 3 visible frequency bands – VIS – and 1 near infrared band – Near Infrared or NIR) with swath of 850 km and 60 meters of resolution
- India and Brazil signed a Framework Agreement for cooperation in the field of outer space in January 2004.
- Apart from this, an agreement on the Programme of cooperation between the two space agencies was also signed.
- Under this, Brazil received data from ISRO’s remote sensing satellite ResourceSAT-1.
The two countries, in July 2014, also signed an agreement on cooperation to alter a Brazilian earth station to receive and process data from the Indian Remote Sensing satellites (IRS) series.
Capital : Brasilia
Currency : Brazilian real
Hq: Bengaluru, Karnataka
Chairman : Kailasavadivoo Sivan
ISRO – launch first satellite Amazonia-1 developed entirely by Brazil’s space agency.
10. Which state signed a contract to set up the first ethanol plant in the state under the Public-private partnership (PPP) model?
B) Uttar Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Chhattisgarh
- The Chhattisgarh government signed a contract to set up the first ethanol plant in the state under the Public-private partnership (PPP) model.
- The contract was signed by Bhoramdev Cooperative Sugar Factory Kawardha and Chhattisgarh Distillery Limited’s subsidiary NKJ Biofuel for a period of 30 years.
Capital : Raipur
Chief Minister : Bhupesh Baghel
Govenor : Anusuiya Uikey
Chhattisgarh – sign contract to set up state’s 1st ethanol plant under PPP model
11. The government has approved the export of the indigenous Akash missile system. It is which type of Missile?
A) Air to Air
B) Air to Surface
C) Surface to Air
D) Surface to Surface
Answer: C) Surface to Air
- The Cabinet has approved the export of the Akash missile system, a surface to air missile with a range of 25 km.
- The Cabinet has also created a committee comprising the Defence minister and others to provide faster approval for the export of other Defence platforms.
- The missile was inducted in the Indian Air Force in 2014 and in the Indian Army in 2015.
- Developed by DRDO, it is India’s first indigenously designed missile system and can target fighter jets, cruise missiles, drones and other aerial assets.
- The cabinet approved for deepening and optimization of inner harbor facilities including development of Western dock on Build, Operate and Transfer (BOT) basis under the Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode to handle cape size vessels at Paradip Port.
- The estimated project cost is ₹3,005 crore, Union Minister for Shipping, Ports and Waterways, Mansukh Mandaviya, told reporters at a Cabinet briefing.
- The Cabinet has also approved Industrial Corridor nodes at Krishnapatnam and Tumakuru.
- The Multi Modal Logistics Hub and Multi Modal Transport Hub at Greater Noida was also approved.
- The proposals have total estimated cost of ₹ 7,725 crore and an estimated employment generation of more than 2.8 lakh persons.
Akash missile system export:
- The Cabinet also approved export of Akash Missile System and creation of a committee for faster approval of exports.
- Akash — surface to air missile with a range of 25 kilometers—is country’s important missile with over 96 per cent indigenization.
- The missile was inducted in 2014 in Indian Air Force and in 2015 in Indian Army.
- To provide faster approvals for export of such platforms, a committee comprising of Raksha Mantri, External Affairs Minister and National Security Advisor has been created.
- The Union Cabinet also approved the opening of 3 Indian Missions in Estonia, Paraguay and Dominican Republic in 2021.
- This is expected to help expand India’s diplomatic footprint, deepen political relations and enable bilateral trade growth, investment and economic engagements, facilitate stronger people to people contacts, bolster political outreach in multilateral fora and help garner support for India’s foreign policy objectives.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on Tuesday approved three infrastructure proposals worth ₹7,725 crore for setting up greenfield industrial cities with connectivity to major transportation corridors such as the eastern and western dedicated freight corridors, expressways and National Highways.
- The three projects, proposed by the Department of Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade, include construction of various trunk infrastructure components for the Krishnapatnam Industrial Area in Andhra Pradesh with an estimated cost of the project of ₹2,139.44 crore.
- Tumakuru Industrial Area in Karnataka with an estimated cost of ₹1,701.81 crore.
A Multi Modal Logistics Hub (MMLH) and Multi Modal Transport Hub (MMTH) at Greater Noida in Uttar Pradesh with an estimated cost of ₹3,883.8 crore.
Govt – approve export of Akash missiles, forms panel for expediting such deals
12. Odisha has become ____ State in the country to successfully undertake “Ease of Doing Business” reform stipulated by the Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance?
Answer: D) 7
- Odisha has become the 7th State in the country to successfully undertake “Ease of Doing Business” reform stipulated by the Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance.
- Thus, the State has become eligible to mobilize additional financial resources of Rs.1,429crores through Open Market Borrowings.
- Odisha has now joined the six other States namely, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Telangana, who have completed this reform.
- On completion of reforms facilitating Ease of Doing Business (EODB) , these six States have been granted additional borrowing permission of Rs. 20,888 crores.
- So far 10 States have implemented the One Nation One Ration Card System, 7 States have done ease of doing business reforms, and 2 States have done local body reforms.
Total additional borrowing permission issued so far to the States who have done the refoms stands at Rs. 51,682 crores.
Capital : Bhubaneswar
Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
Governor – Ganeshi Lal
Finance and Corporate Affairs:
Minister : Nirmala Sitharaman
Constituency : Rajya Sabha MP,Karnataka
Odisha – Become the 7th State to complete ease of doing business reforms.