Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December – 03 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. The International Day of Persons with Disabilities is observed on which date?
A) December 1
B) December 2
C) December 3
D) December 4
Answer: C) December 3
UNESCO will mark the International Day of Persons with Disabilities with a week-long programme from 25 November to 3 December 2020 under the theme: “Building back better: towards an inclusive, accessible and sustainable post COVID-19 world by, for and with persons with disabilities”.
|December 3||The International Day of Persons with Disabilities||Building back better towards a disability inclusive, accessible and sustainable post-Covid 19 world.|
2. Enrique Lopez Perez has been banned from the sport for eight years for his involvement in match-fixing activities. He is related to which sports?
C) Table Tennis
Answer: A) Tennis
- Enrique Lopez Perez has been banned from the sport for eight years for his involvement in match-fixing activities in three separate instances in 2017, the Tennis Integrity Unit (TIU).
- Enrique Lopez Perez – eight-year ban for match fixing.
3. Rafer Johnsonnn passed away. won the decathlon at the 1960 Olympics held in which place?
A) Rome, Italy
B) Washington DC, USA
C) London, UK
D) Tehran, Iran
Answer: A) Rome, Italy
- Rafer Johnson, who won the decathlon at the 1960 Rome Olympics and helped subdue Robert F. Kennedy’s assassin in 1968, has died.
- Johnson was among the world’s greatest athletes from 1955 through his Olympic triumph in 1960, winning a national decathlon championship in 1956 and a silver medal at the Melbourne Olympics that same year.
- Johnson won a gold medal at the Pan American Games in 1955 while competing in just his fourth decathlon.
Rafer Johnson – 1960 Olympic decathlon champion.
4. ‘Mahashay’ Dharampal Gulati passed away. He won Padma Bhushan award in which year?
Answer: B) 2019
- Popularly known as the “Spice King”, Mahashay Dharampal Gulati died.
- Gulati became the highest-paid FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) CEO in India in 2017.
- He was awarded the Padma Bhushan, the country’s third-highest civilian award, in 2019.
- Mahashay Dharampal Gulati – MDH owner.
5. According to the second edition of ‘Kotak Wealth Hurun–Leading Wealthy Women’ report, who is topped in the list of wealthiest women in India?
A) Roshni Nadar Malhotra
B) Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw
C) Kanika Tekriwal
D) Leena Gandhi Tewari
Answer: A) Roshni Nadar Malhotra
This report is compiled by Kotak Wealth Management, a division of Kotak Mahindra Bank, and Hurun India.
|1||Roshni Nadar Malhotra||HCL Technologies|
|3||Leena Gandhi Tewari||USV|
6. According to the Union Home Ministry, Nongpok Sekmai police station is topped in the best performing police station in the country.This police station is situated in which state?
B) Uttar Pradesh
C) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: A) Manipur
|Rank||Police station name||State|
|1||Nongpok Sekmai||Manipur’s Thoubal district|
|2||AWPS-Suramangalam||Tamil Nadu’s Salem|
|3||Kharsang||Arunachal Pradesh’s Changlang district|
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
7. U GRO Capital partnership with which foundation to help MSMEs thrive in post Covid era?
A) Bosch Foundation
B) Cairn Enterprise Center
C) Bharti Foundation
D) Wadhwani Foundation
Answer: D) Wadhwani Foundation
- U GRO Capital recently entered into a strategic partnership with The Wadhwani Foundation with a primary mission to accelerate the overall business growth and development of MSMEs, thereby driving job creation.
- The partnership will benefit the MSMEs present in education, healthcare, hospitality, electrical equipment, chemical, FMCG, food processing, auto component, and light engineering sectors.
U GRO Capital + Wadhwani Foundation = help MSMEs thrive in post Covid era
8. Education Ministry sets up task force for preparing roadmap on technical education in mother tongue. This committee under the chairmanship under whom?
A) Dr. V. P. Joy
B) Amit Khare
C) Rajiv Gauba
D) Samant Goel
Answer: B) Amit Khare
Edu Ministry – task force for preparing roadmap on technical education in mother tongue – Amit Khare(Chaired)
Minister : Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
Constituency : Hardwar, Uttarakhand
9. Ranjitsinh Disale won $1-million annual Global Teacher Prize 2020 in recognition of his efforts to promote girls’ education and trigger a quick-response (QR) coded textbook revolution in India. He is related to which state?
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Maharashtra
- A primary school teacher from India was named the winner of the $1-million annual Global Teacher Prize 2020 in recognition of his efforts to promote girls’ education and trigger a quick-response (QR) coded textbook revolution in India.
- Ranjitsinh Disale, 32, from Paritewadi village in Maharashtra’s Solapur district, emerged the winner from 10 finalists from across the world for the annual prize founded by the Varkey Foundation in 2014 to recognise an exceptional teacher who has made an outstanding contribution to the profession.
The Global Teacher Prize:
The Global Teacher Prize is paid out in equal instalments over 10 years, with the Varkey Foundation providing winners with financial counselling and support through an ambassadorial role for the profession.
Ranjitsinh Disale – $1-million Global Teacher Prize for promoting girls’ education.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
10. Which IIT has developed a portable Artificial Intelligence-based device for automatic inspection of goods manufactured in MSMEs?
A) IIT Kanpur
B) IIT Kharagpur
C) IIT Mandi
D) IIT Madras
Answer: B) IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Kharagpur researchers have developed a portable Artificial Intelligence-based device for automatic inspection of goods manufactured in MSMEs.
- The portable device will click pictures of products when set up on a batch of goods and send the feed to the AI- based software for quality control.
IIT KGP – AI-based device to inspect quality of MSME goods.
11. Which country becomes first country to approve lab-grown meat?
Answer: B) Singapore
Singapore has given U.S. start-up Eat Just the greenlight to sell its lab-grown chicken meat, in what the firm says is the world’s first regulatory approval for so-called clean meat that does not come from slaughtered animals.
Singapore – First country to approve sale of lab-grown meat.
Capital : Singapore
Currency : Singapore Dollar
12. India and which country have inked a MoU co-operate on intellectual property examination and protection for the next 10 years and to strengthen the IP systems in both countries?
Answer: D) USA
India + US = Cooperate on IP examination and protection
Capital : Washington D.C
Currency :US Dollar
13. Dharmendra Pradhan launched country’s first mobile Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) dispensing unit. This unit will be operated by which Gas limited?
A) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd
B) Mahanagar Gas Ltd
C) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
D) Castrol India Ltd
Answer: B) Mahanagar Gas Ltd
- The country’s first mobile Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) dispensing unit was launched by Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan
- The Mobile Refuelling Unit will be operated by Mahanagar Gas Ltd (MNGL) in Pune.
Pradhan inaugurated MNGL’s five stations through video conference.
- He also inaugurated the civil work at LNG/CNG station at Pathardi, Nashik, Maharashtra, and CNG supply to buses in Nashik.
Dharmendra Pradhan – The country’s first mobile Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) dispensing unit.
Petroleum and Natural Gas and Steel Ministry:
Minister : Dharmendra Pradhan
Constituency : Rajya Sabha MP,Madhaya Pradesh
14. Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Shri Kiren Rijiju attended which edition of BRICS Youth Summit and meeting of BRICS Ministers through a virtual programme?
Answer: B) 6th
Shri Kiren Rijiju = address BRICS Youth Summit
Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports:
Minister: Kiren Rijiju
Constituency : Arunachal Pradesh West, Arunachal Pradesh
15. Which institution and Niti Aayog’s Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) are collaborating on a year-long partnership to promote women entrepreneurship in India?
B) Sequoia India
Answer: B) Sequoia India
Southeast Asia, and Niti Aayog’s Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) are collaborating on a year-long partnership to promote women entrepreneurship in India.
Sequoia India + Niti Aayog’s WEP = promote women entrepreneurship.
Hq: New Delhi
CEO : Amitabh Kant
16. Odisha Government approved the unified emergency helpline number to provide all forms of police assistance to people in distress. What is the number?
- Odisha Government approved the unified emergency helpline number 112 to provide all forms of police assistance to people in distress.
- The 112 single Pan India helpline number had been launched by the centre in February last year to trigger emergency response to distress calls.
- Odisha – unified emergency helpline number 112.
Capital : Bhubaneswar
Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
Governor – Ganeshi Lal
17. Uttarakhand has started an initiative to give how much per cent subsidy for beekeeping and honey rearing in boxes to locals?
Answer: B) 80
- Intending to promote self-employment in the hilly regions of the state, Uttarakhand has started an initiative to give 80 per cent subsidy for beekeeping and honey rearing in boxes to locals.
- Uttarakhand – 80% subsidy for beekeeping, honey production to promote self-employment.
Capital : Dehradun(Winter), Gairsain(Summer)
CM : Trivendra Singh Rawat
Governor : Baby Rani Maurya
18. APEDA and which organisation sign MoU to work together to synergize the activities in the interest of agriculture and allied sectors for bringing better value to the stakeholders?
B) NITI Aayog
Answer: A) NABARD
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development is established as a development bank for providing credit for promotion of agriculture, small scale, cottage and village industries, handicrafts and other allied activities in rural areas, with a view to promote integrated rural development and securing prosperity of the rural areas and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
- The NABARD Act, 1981, empowers NABARD to associate with various institutions for various developmental functions in the field of agriculture and rural development.
- NABARD has various schemes and programmes to assist farmers and has a field force spread across the country to regularly guide and support farmers.
Areas of Cooperation:
- APEDA and NABARD would jointly work towards capacity development of various stakeholders.
- APEDA and NABARD would jointly come towards organizing outreach programs, awareness programs and workshops for stakeholders.
- To enhance farmers income for doubling the farmers’ income as set out by the Government of India.
- Extending benefit of relevant schemes/other initiatives of NABARD & APEDA for development of FPOs.
- APEDA would formulate program in association with NABARD to provide technical knowhow to cooperatives/FPOs to upscale infrastructure created for post-harvest management for APEDA scheduled products to promote exports.
- To jointly identify clusters in various States for scaling up. APEDA will facilitate exports by the FPOs assisted/promoted by NABARD.
APEDA + NABARD = synergize the activities in the interest of agriculture and allied sectors for bringing better value to the stakeholders.
Chairman– G R Chintala
Headquarter– Mumbai, Maharashtra
19. Which state Provides 100 percent Tax Exemption To State Stage Carriage, Educational Institutes’ Buses Till Dec 31?
Answer: B) Punjab
Punjab – 100 Pc MV Tax Exemption To State Stage Carriage, Educational Institutes’ Buses Till Dec 31.
Capital : Chandigarh
CM : Captain Amarinder Singh
Governor : V P Singh Badnore