Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December – 28 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Who won Sir Garfield Sobers Award for ICC Male Cricketer of the Decade at ICC Awards?
A) MS Dhoni
B) Steve Smith
C) Virat Kohli
D) Kyle Coetzer
Answer: C) Virat Kohli
|Sir Garfield Sobers Award for ICC Male Cricketer of the Decade||Virat Kohli|
|Rachael Heyhoe-Flint Award for ICC Female Cricketer of the Decade||Ellyse Perry|
|ICC Men’s Test Cricketer of the Decade||Steve Smith|
|ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Decade||Virat Kohli|
|ICC Women’s ODI Cricketer of the Decade||Ellyse Perry|
|ICC Men’s T20I Cricketer of the Decade||Rashid Khan|
|ICC Women’s T20I Cricketer of the Decade||Ellyse Perry|
Hq : Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Chairman : Imran Khwaja(Interim)
Virat Kohli – Sir Garfield Sobers Award for ICC Male Cricketer of the Decade at ICC Awards.
2. Namita Toppo is related to which sports?
C) Table Tennis
Answer: A) Hockey
- India women’s hockey team player Namita Toppo was conferred with the prestigious ‘Ekalavya Puraskar’ for her contribution to the game.
- Weightlifter Sneha Soren and badminton player Rutaparna Panda were also honoured with a citation and Rs 50,000 cash prize each.
The award instituted by IMPACT, managed by IMFA, the leading Ferro Alloys producer in the country, in the year 1993 is given to encourage young sports talents of the state.
Namita Toppo – Hockey star honoured with Ekalavya Puraskar.
3. According to Bloomberg, what is the rank of India among the top emerging markets in Southeast Asia?
Answer: D) 11
It published by Bloomberg investment strategist Simon Flint and co-authored by Michelle Jamrisko. Countries = 17
|3rd Rank||South Korea|
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. Which Bank has joined hands with Google Pay for issuance of FASTags?
A) ICICI Bank
B) Canara Bank
C) Bandhan Bank
D) HDFC Bank
Answer: A) ICICI Bank
- ICICI Bank has joined hands with Google Pay for issuance of FASTag, a reloadable tag which enables automatic deduction of toll charges and lets users pass through the toll plaza without stopping for cash transactions.
- This collaboration enables Google Pay users to order, track and even recharge ICICI Bank FASTag digitally on the payment’s platform itself.
- FASTag is a brand name owned by Indian Highways Management Company Ltd. (IHMCL), which carries out electronic tolling and other ancillary projects of National Highway Authorities of India (NHAI).
- National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), IHMCL and NHAI are functioning to make state and national highway toll payments completely digital.
- NETC (National Electronic Toll Collection) FASTag is an important milestone in bringing the efficiencies of digital payments into transit and making interstate travel frictionless.
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO : SandeepBakshi
Tagline : Hum Hai Na, KhayalApka
ICICI Bank + Google Pay = Issuing FASTags.
5. Which Bank has launched its Digital Lending Platform which will allow prospective retail loan seekers to get loans digitally through a paperless process?
A) Bank of Baroda
B) State Bank of India
C) Indian Overseas Bank
D) Indian Bank
Answer: A) Bank of Baroda
- Bank of Baroda (BoB) has launched its Digital Lending Platform (DLP), which will allow prospective retail loan seekers to get loans digitally through a paperless process.
- The Platform provides ‘in-principle approval’ for home, car and personal loans in 30 minutes without human intervention, the public sector bank said in a statement.
- The bank will also offer ‘Online Loan against Fixed Deposits’ via DLP.
Bank of Baroda:
Hq: Vadodara, Gujarat
MD and CEO : Sanjiv Chadha
Tagline : India’s International Bank
Bank of Baroda – Digital Lending Platform allow prospective retail loan seekers to get loans digitally through a paperless process.
6. The Reserve Bank of India has extended the timeline for constitution of Board of Management (BoM) by Urban Co-operative Banks by six months till which date?
A) April 30, 2021
B) August 31, 2021
C) June 30, 2021
D) February 28, 2021
Answer: C) June 30, 2021
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has extended the timeline for constitution of Board of Management (BoM) by Urban Co-operative Banks (UCBs) by six months till June 30, 2021.
- The central bank has conveyed the extension in the timeline to state UCB Federations, including the Gujarat Urban Co-operative Banks Federation Ltd (GUCBFL).
- As per RBI’s guidelines on constitution of BoM, issued on December 31, 2019, the BoM shall comprise persons with special knowledge and practical experience in banking to facilitate professional management and focused attention to the banking related activities of the UCBs through appropriate amendments to their bye-laws.
- UCBs with a deposit size less than ₹100 crore and Salary Earners’ Banks are exempted from constituting BoM.
Reserve Bank of India:
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Governor– Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors– 4 (Bibhu Prasad Kanungo, Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao)
RBI – extends deadline for urban co-ops by 6 months.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
7. I Came Upon a Lighthouse: A Short Memoir of Life with Ratan Tata is written by whom?
A) Indu Jain
B) Sanjana Desai
C) Kumar Mangalam Birla
D) Azim Premji
Answer: B) Sanjana Desai
- Published by HarperCollins India.
- I Came Upon a Lighthouse: A Short Memoir of Life with Ratan Tata – Sanjana Desai and Shantanu Naidu (Author) – Published by HarperCollins India.
8. Who is appointed as CBI’s chief information officer?
A) Ragul Chandra Joshi
B) Ramesh Chandra Joshi
C) Rajesh Chandra Joshi
D) Madhan Chandra Joshi
Answer: B) Ramesh Chandra Joshi
Senior Indian Information Service (IIS) officer Ramesh Chandra Joshi became the new face of the CBI for interactions with the media by taking charge as its chief information officer.
Ramesh Chandra Joshi – CBI’s chief information officer.
9. Which state wins Digital India award 2020 for sending money to beneficiaries’ accounts amid Covid?
B) Uttar Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Bihar
- The Bihar government’s initiative to transfer financial assistance directly to the accounts of beneficiaries during the COVID-19 pandemic has made its departments winners of the Digital India Awards, instituted by the central government, this year for innovative steps in e- governance.
- More than 21 lakh stranded workers outside Bihar were provided financial assistance through the “Bihar Sahayata Mobile App”.
- The Chief Minister Secretariat, the Disaster Management Department besides the National Informatics Centre (NIC) of the state have jointly been chosen as winners in the “pandemic category” Digital India Awards 2020.
- President Ram Nath Kovind will give away the Digital India Awards to winners on December 30 in New Delhi.
The Digital India Awards:
The Digital India Awards, instituted under the aegis of the National Portal of India, serve the purpose of bringing to the fore innovative digital solutions and thereby inspiring emulation by all government entities.
CM: Nitish Kumar
Governor: Phagu Chauhan
Bihar – Digital India award 2020 for sending money to beneficiaries’ accounts amid Covid.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
10. Hyderabad-based spacetech startup Skytoot Aerospace announced a successful test firing of its solid propulsion rocket stage named ____________?
Answer: B) Kalam-5
- Hyderabad-based spacetech startup Skytoot Aerospace announced a successful test firing of its solid propulsion rocket stage named Kalam-5.
- This is the first time that a private company has successfully designed, developed and tested a full solid propulsion rocket stage.
- The startup also revealed that it is in the process of raising $15 million funding in 2021.
- Kalam-5 is a demonstrator solid rocket propulsion stage with exactly the same propellant, materials, and interfaces as the three solid propulsion stages of the Vikram-1 launch vehicle.
- It gives a peak Sea Level thrust of 5.3kN and designed to take 66 atmospheres and 30,000 C of combustion pressure and temperature respectively.
- Kalam-5 uses 15 different types of advanced materials, nine manufacturing processes, and has zero moving parts.
- The first vehicle, Vikram-I, is under manufacturing and is expected to be launched in December 2021 with the help of ISRO.
Headquarters: Hyderabad, Telangana
CEO: Pawan Kumar Chandana
Skyroot Aerospace – successfully test fire a solid propulsion rocket stage named Kalam-5.
11. China has successfully launched a new remote sensing satellite into space. What is the name of that satellite?
Answer: B) Yaogan-33
- China has successfully launched a new remote sensing satellite into space,
The satellite was launched on Sunday night from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre in northwest China.
- The satellite, Yaogan-33, was launched aboard a Long March-4C rocket and entered the planned orbit successfully.
- It was the 357th flight mission of the Long March carrier rocket series.
Currency : Renminbi
China – Successfully launch a new remote sensing satellite into space.
12. Which organisation has launched a mobile application to provide users with the latest updates on the coronavirus disease?
Answer: B) WHO
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has launched a mobile application to provide users with the latest updates on the coronavirus disease (Covid-19).
- Called the WHO Covid-19 app, it seeks to provide “trusted info from both the experts at the WHO and regional partners, with regular updates and notifications as scientific findings progress.”
- WHO had launched a similar app at the beginning of the year to provide real-time updates on the coronavirus disease, which was spreading at a rapid speed around the world.
HQ : Geneva, Switzerland
Head: Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
WHO – launch Covid-19 app to counter pandemic misinformation.
13. Who inaugurated India’s first-ever driverless train operations on Delhi Metro’s Magenta Line via video conferencing?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Ramnath Kovind
C) Venkaiah Naidu
D) Amit Shah
Answer: A) Narendra Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated India’s first-ever driverless train operations on Delhi Metro’s Magenta Line along with the fully operational National Common Mobility Card service on the Airport Express Line via video conferencing.
India’s first-ever driverless train operations:
- The driverless trains will be fully automated, which will eliminate the possibility of human error.
- The start of driverless services on the Magenta Line (Janakpuri West-Botanical Garden), the Pink Line (Majlis Park-Shiv Vihar) of Delhi Metro is expected to have driverless operations by mid-2021.
- These innovations will herald a new era of travelling comfort and enhanced mobility.
- The National Common Mobility Card.
- This National Common Mobility Card was launched in March 2019.
- It allows users to pay for travel, toll duties, retail shopping, and withdraw money.
- The National Common Mobility Card, which will be fully operationalised on the Airport Express Line, will enable anyone carrying a RuPay-Debit Card issued from any part of the country to travel on the route using it.
- This facility will become available on the entire Delhi Metro network by 2022.
Capital: New Delhi
CM: Arvind Kejriwal
Governor: Anil Baijal
Prime Minister, Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Department of Atomic Energy, Department of Space and All important policy issues and All other portfolios not allocated to any Minister:
Minister: Narendra Modi
Constituency: Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh , Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Prime Minister – inaugurate India’s first-ever driverless train on Delhi Metro Line.
14. Home Minister Shah unveils Arun Jaitley’s statue at DDCA premises. This statue prepared by whom?
A) Sankho Chaudhuri
B) Piloo Pochkhanawala
C) Ram Sutar
D) Adi Davierwala
Answer: C) Ram Sutar
- A controversial build-up notwithstanding, the Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA) unveiled the statue of its former president Arun Jaitley at its premises in the memory of the late administrator and political figure.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah unveiled Jaitley’s life-size statue, prepared by 96-year-old renowned sculptor Ram Sutar, the man behind the making of the iconic Statue of Unity in Gujarat
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated a bust Mr Jaitley at the Arun Jaitley Park in New Delhi.
- Arun Jaitley (28 December 1952 – 24 August 2019) was an Indian politician and attorney.
- A member of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- He was awarded the Padma Vibhushan, India’s second highest civilian award, posthumously in 2020 in the field of Public Affairs.
- Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting (1999–2000)
- Union Minister of Law and Justice (2000–04)
- Union Finance Minister (2014–19)
- On 12 September 2019, Delhi’s Feroz Shah Kotla stadium was renamed as Arun Jaitley Stadium at a function held at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in memory of Jaitley.
- On 28 December 2020, Home Minster Amit Shah unveiled a statue of Arun Jaitley at the Arun Jaitley Stadium.
Ministry: Amit Shah
Constituency: Gandhinagar, Gujarat
Amit Shah – unveils Arun Jaitley’s statue at DDCA premises.
15. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will flag off 100th Kisan Rail from Sangola in Maharashtra to Shalimar in West Bengal, via video conferencing. First Kisan Rail From _____ to _____?
A) New Delhi to Danapur
B) Devlali to Danapur
C) Devlali to Hyderabad
D) Devlali to Varanasi
Answer: B) Devlali to Danapur
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will flag off 100th Kisan Rail from Sangola in Maharashtra to Shalimar in West Bengal, via video conferencing
- The first Kisan Rail was introduced from Devlali to Danapur on August 7 this year, which was extended up to Muzaffarpur.
- ‘Kisan Rail has been a “game-changer” in ensuring “fast transportation of agriculture produce” across the nation. It provides a “seamless” supply chain of perishable produce.
Prime Minister, Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Department of Atomic Energy, Department ofSpace and All important policy issues and All other portfolios not allocated to any Minister:
Minister: Narendra Modi
Constituency: Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh , Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
PM Modi – flag off 100th Kisan Rail from Maharashtra to West Bengal
16. Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare inaugurated India’s first pneumococcal conjugate vaccine. What is the name of that vaccine?
Answer: C) Pneumosil
- Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare today inaugurated India’s first pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV).
- The vaccine “Pneumosil” has been developed by the Serum Institute of India Private Limited (SIIPL) in collaboration with partners like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Health and Family Welfare, Science
and Technology; and Earth Sciences:
Minister : Dr Harshavardhan
Constituency : Chandni Chowk, Delhi
Dr Harsh Vardhan – inaugurate Country’s First Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine.
17. Giant Rock Bee Honey product is related to which state?
A) Tamil Nadu
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Tamil Nadu
- More than 35 new, attractive, immunity-boosting tribal products have found a new home in Tribes India outlets and website in the 8th edition of “From Our Home to your Home”’ campaign.
- The campaign had been launched 8 weeks back by TRIFED in order to source as many effective, natural, and attractive products from diverse indigenous tribes across the country so that these can reach a wide variety of audience.
Giant Rock Bee Honey:
- Key among the products this week are the natural, fresh, organic produce from the Malayali tribes of Tamil Nadu, such as Giant Rock Bee Honey, honey, variants of millet rice, tamarind and black pepper.
- Malayali is a tribal group from the Eastern Ghats in North Tamil Nadu.
- With a population of around 3,58,000 people they are the largest Scheduled tribes in that region.
- The tribals are usually hill farmers and they cultivate different types of millet.
- Among the other products sourced include vibrant and eye-catching micro-beaded jewelry (mainly neckpieces) from the Patelia tribe from Madhya Pradesh.
- While agriculture is their mainstay, their handiwork is exceptional too as can be gauged from the beautiful, colourful pieces made by the artisans of Jhabua.
Minister : Arjun munda
Constituency : Khunti, Jharkhand
Capital : Chennai
CM : Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Governor : Banwarilal Purohit
Giant Rock Bee Honey – the Fresh organic produce added to Tribes India Collection.