Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December – 22 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. National Mathematics Day is observed on December 22. In this day, to commemorate of which person’s Birth Anniversary?
A) Leonhard Euler
B) Isaac Newton
C) Srinivasa Ramanujan
D) Albert Einstein
Answer: C) Srinivasa Ramanujan
National Mathematics Day:
- The Indian government declared 22 December to be National Mathematics Day.
- This was announced by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on 26 February 2012 at Madras University,to mark the 125th anniversary of Srinivasa Ramanujan.
- On this occasion Singh also announced that 2012 would be celebrated as the National Mathematics Year.
- India’s National Mathematics Day is celebrated every 22 December with numerous educational events held at schools and universities throughout the country.
2. K.T. Oslin passed away. She was related to which field?
Answer: B) Singer
- Country singer K.T. Oslin, who hit it big with the 1987 hit “80′s Ladies” and won three Grammy awards, has died.
- The singer won two Grammy Awards in 1988 for her song “Hold Me.” In the previous year, she took home a Grammy for her song “80′s Ladies.”
K.T. Oslin – Country singer.
BANKING AND FINANCE
3. The Asian Development Bank provides how much amount loan to the Tripura government for the development of urban areas and tourism in the northeastern state?
A) Rs 1,100 crore
B) Rs 2,100 crore
C) Rs 3,100 crore
D) Rs 4,100 crore
Answer: B) Rs 2,100 crore
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) to provide a Rs 2,100 crore loan to the Tripura government for the development of urban areas and tourism in the northeastern state.
- Rs 1600 crore will be for urban development and Rs 500 crore for the tourism sector.
Organisation Amount Purpose ADB Rs 2,100 crore Tripura for urban, tourism development World Bank $500 million Build safe and green national highway corridors in the states of Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh
Asian Development Bank:
Hq: Manila, Philippines
Head : Masatsugu Asakawa
Capital : Agartala
CM : Biplab Kumar Deb
Governor : Ramesh Bais
ADB – Rs 2100-cr loan to Tripura for urban, tourism development.
4. Which bank has launched an online platform named ‘Infinite India’ to enable foreign companies to establish or expand business in India?
A) ICICI Bank
B) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
C) Bandhan Bank
D) HDFC Bank
Answer: A) ICICI Bank
- ICICI Bank has launched an online platform to enable foreign companies to establish or expand business in India.
- The platform, called ‘Infinite India’, offers banking solutions as well as value-added services such as incorporation of a business entity, corporate filings, licences and registrations, HR services, compliances and taxation among others.
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO : SandeepBakshi
Tagline : Hum Hai Na, KhayalApka
ICICI Bank – one-stop portal for foreign firms expanding in India.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
5. ‘The Maharaja of Jodhpur’s guns’ is authored by whom?
A) Sujith Elgood
B) James Elgood
C) Robert Elgood
D) Ranjith Elgood
Answer: C) Robert Elgood
‘The Maharaja of Jodhpur’s guns’ – Robert Elgood (Author).
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
6. China’s new space carrier rocket successfully launches five satellites on its maiden flight. What is the name of that rocket?
A) Long March-4
B) Long March-3
C) Long March-8
D) Long March-7
Answer: C) Long March-8
- China’s new medium-lift carrier rocket Long March-8 made its maiden flight sending five satellites successfully into planned orbit.
- The rocket was launched from the Wenchang Spacecraft Launch Site in Hainan.
- The Long March-8 rocket which has a total length of 50.3 meters, and a take-off mass of 356 tonnes can carry a payload of at least 4.5 tonnes to a sun-synchronous orbit at an altitude of 700 km.
Currency : Renminbi
China – New space carrier rocket successfully launches five satellites on its maiden flight.
7. Which organisation Covid-19 vaccine market dashboard to follow the developments of the rapidly evolving coronavirus vaccine market and the efforts of the COVAX Facility?
Answer: B) UNICEF
- The Unicef has announced the launch of a Covid-19 vaccine market dashboard, an interactive tool to follow the developments of the rapidly evolving coronavirus vaccine market and the efforts of the COVAX Facility to ensure fair and equitable access for every country in the world.
- The dashboard provides a regularly updated overview of the global research and development pipeline, the projected production capacity, publicly announced bilateral and multilateral supply agreements, as well as reported price points.
- COVAX is the vaccines pillar of the Access to COVID-19 Tools Accelerator (ACT-Accelerator), a global collaboration to accelerate the development, production and equitable access to new Covid-19 diagnostics, therapeutics and vaccines.
Headquarters: New York, United States
Head: Henrietta H. Fore
UNICEF – Covid-19 vaccine market dashboard.
8. Which state launches affidavit-based approval system for ease of doing business?
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: B) Karnataka
- In an effort to enhance the ease of doing business in Karnataka. Chief Minister B S Yediyurappa launched the affidavit-based approval system (ABAS).
- ABAS is launched as a part of the amended Karnataka Industrial (Facilitation) Act and will enable investors to establish a business without multiple clearances for the first 3 years.
Capital : Bengaluru
CM : B. S. Yeddyurappa
Governor : Vajubhai Vala
Karnataka – Affidavit-based approval system for ease of doing business.
9. Tripura govt will be provided health insurance cover of up to how much amount per year for journalists?
A) Rs 1 lakh
B) Rs 5 lakh
C) Rs 2 lakh
D) Rs 4 lakh
Answer: B) Rs 5 lakh
Capital : Agartala
CM : Biplab Kumar Deb
Governor : Ramesh Bais
Tripura – Rs 5-lakh health insurance cover for journalists.
10. Manish Tewari laid the foundation stone of the high-level bridge (HLB) being built over Patiala ki Rao river in Punjab. It will be constructed at a cost of how much amount?
A) ₹203.59 lakh
B) ₹303.59 lakh
C) ₹403.59 lakh
D) ₹103.59 lakh
Answer: C) ₹403.59 lakh
Manish Tewari – Laid foundation stones of high-level bridge.
11. Union Minister of Sports & Youth Affairs Shri Kiren Rijiju virtually inaugurated how much Khelo India State Centres of Excellence (KISCEs) across India in the presence of distinguished State Sports Ministers?
Answer: D) 8
- Union Minister of Sports & Youth Affairs Shri Kiren Rijiju virtually inaugurated 8 Khelo India State Centres of Excellence (KISCEs) across India in the presence of distinguished State Sports Ministers.
- The 8 States include: Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Kerala, Telangana, Nagaland, Karnataka and Odisha.
- The Sports Ministry had identified sports facilities in these 8 states to be upgraded to the Khelo India State Centre of Excellence (KISCE).
The centres identified are:
1. Nagaland- State Sports Academy, IG Stadium Kohima
2. Manipur – Khuman Lampak Sports Complex, Imphal
3. Arunachal Pradesh – Sangey Lhaden Sports Academy, Chimpu Itanagar
4. Mizoram – Rajiv Gandhi Stadium, Aizawl
5. Odisha – Kalinga Stadium, Bhubaneshwar
6. Telangana – Regional Sports School Hakimpet
7. Karnataka – Sh. Jayaprakash Narayan National Youth Centre Bangalore
8. Kerala – GV Raja Sr. Sec. Sports School Thiruvananthapuram
Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports:
Minister: Kiren Rijiju
Constituency : Arunachal Pradesh West, Arunachal Pradesh
Shri Kiren Rijiju – Virtually inaugurate 8 Khelo India State Centres of Excellence.
12. Which state will distribute an interest-free loan of 10 thousand rupees each under the Chief Minister Rural street Vendor Scheme to about 20 thousand street vendors?
B) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: B) Madhya Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will distribute an interest-free loan of 10 thousand rupees each under the Chief Minister Rural street Vendor Scheme to about 20 thousand street vendors
- Chief Minister Rural street Vendor Scheme has been implemented on the line of Pradhan Mantri urban street vendor scheme- PM Swanidhi in the rural areas of the state. Under the Chief Minister rural street vendor scheme, small vendors including fruits-vegetables sellers, carpenters, potters, weavers, washer men are given an interest free loan of Rs 10 thousand each for their work.
- The Madhya Pradesh government has also operated Kamgar Setu Portal for the welfare of the street vendors.
CM: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor : Anandiben Patel
Madhya Pradesh – Distribute interest-free loans of Rs 10,000 each to about 20,000 street vendors.