Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
AUGUST – 21 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. World Senior Citizen day is observed on which date?
A) August 20
B) August 21
C) August 22
D) August 23
Answer: B) August 21
2. How many sports persons Won Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award?
Answer: D) 5
|S. No.||Name of the Sportsperson||Discipline|
|1.||Shri Rohit Sharma||Cricket|
|2.||Shri Mariyappan T.||Para Athletics|
|3.||Ms. Manika Batra||Table Tennis|
3. Politician Janmejay Singh passed away. He is related to which party?
Answer: A) BJP
He is related to Uttar Pradesh.
Capital : Lucknow
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. Which Bank and SBI General Insurance Co Ltd have signed an MoU to sell general insurance products through the branches?
A) Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank
B) Karnataka Vikas Grameen Bank
C) Assam Gramin Vikash Bank
D) Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank
Answer: B) Karnataka Vikas Grameen Bank
Karnataka Vikas Grameen Bank:
Headquarters: Dharwad, Karnataka
Chairman : Puttaganti Gopi Krishna
SBI General Insurance Co. Ltd:
Hq : Mumbai , Maharashtra
CEO : Prakash Chandra Kandpal
5. State Bank of India in partnership with which platform unveiled an online home carnival to Boost Real Estate Deals In Bengaluru?
Answer: C) AddaCorner
State Bank of India:
Capital : Mumbai, Maharashtra
Head : Rajnish Kumar
Tagline : With You all the way, PureBanking Nothing Else, The Nation Bank on Us, The Banker to Every Indian, A Bank of the Common Man
6. ADB approves how much amount loan to help Myanmar respond to COVID-19?
A) $500 million
Answer: B) $250million
|Myanmar||$ 250 million||Respond to COVID 19|
|Philippine||$ 300 million||Financial Inclusion reforms|
Asian Development Bank:
Hq: Manila, Philippines
Head : Masatsugu Asakawa
Capital : Naypyidaw
Currency : Burmese Kyat
Currency :Philippine Peso
7. Which e-commerce Platform partners with Sastodeal in Nepal to enable cross-border trade?
Answer: D) Flipkart
Hq :Bengaluru, Karnataka
CEO : Kalyan Krishnamurthy
8. Which IT institute collaboration with NSDC to offer free digital skills training to learners in India?
B) IBM India
Answer: B) IBM India
9. A Niti Aayog task force has recommended linking sugarcane prices to sugar rates to keep the industry in sound financial health. Who is headed of this committee?
A) Rajesh Chand
B) Ramesh Chand
C) Ram Chand
D) Ragul Chand
Answer: B) Ramesh Chand
Hq: New Delhi
CEO : Amitabh Kant
10. Keith Rowley is appointed as PM of which country?
B) New Zealand
C) Trinidad and Tobago
D) Equatorial Guinea
Answer: C) Trinidad and Tobago
The Republic of Trinidad and Tobago:
Capital: Port of Spain.
Currency: Trinidad and Tobago dollar.
11. A Short film titled ‘Am I?’ wins first prize in Online Patriotic Short Film Contest. Who is directed by this film?
A) Singh Paul
B) Abhijit Paul
C) Peter Paul
D) Bean Paul
Answer: B) Abhijit Paul
It is organized by the Ministry Of Information and Broadcasting along with National Film Development Corporation (NFDC).
|Rank||Short Film Name|
|1st||‘Am I?’ directed by Abhijit Paul|
|2nd||‘Ab India Banega Bharat’ directed by Debojo Sanjiv|
|3rd||’10 Rupees’ directed by Yuvraj Gokul|
12. Who has been selected for the Tomyas Award worth ₹1 lakh for the best nurse in Kerala?
A) Renuga Mohandas
B) Ramya Mohandas
C) Reshma Mohandas
D) Raji Mohandas
Answer: C) Reshma Mohandas
Capital : Thiruvananthapuram
CM : Pinarayi Vijayan
Governor : Arif Mohammed Khan
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
13. Which Organisation developed a couple of cost-effective electrode material for making affordable supercapacitor devices, from waste biomass like tamarind seeds and industrial cotton waste?
Answer: C) ARCI
ARCI – International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy & New Materials.
14. Which IIT has discovered a new material to effectively split Water into Hydrogen and Oxygen using Solar Power?
A) IIT Hyderabad
B) IIT Gandhi Nagar
C) IIT Bombay
D) IIT Madras
Answer: D) IIT Madras
15. Which state becomes the first state in the country to offer government jobs on the basis of marks obtained in the National Recruitment Agency (NRA) test?
B) Madhya Pradesh
C) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: B) Madhya Pradesh
CM: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor : Anandiben Patel
16. Union minister Nitin Gadkari launched a mobile app to monitor the plantation along the national highways. What is the name of that app?
A) ‘Bharat Path’
B) ‘Invent Path’
C) ‘Harit Path’
D) ‘Swachh Path’
Answer: C) ‘Harit Path’
The app has been developed by NHAI to monitor location, growth, species details, maintenance activities, targets and achievements of each of its field units for each and every plant under all plantation projects.
Road Transport and Highways & Micro, Small and
Minister : Nitin Gadkari
Constituency : Nagpur. Maharashtra
17. Which state government inks pact with Reliance, Allana group for empowering women?
B) Madhya Pradesh
C) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: C) Andhra Pradesh
- YSR Cheyutha scheme empowers women and provides a stable livelihood in the age group of 45 to 60 years.
- Andhra Pradesh government has signed MoUs with Reliance Retail, Jio and Allana group to collaborate in the YSR Cheyutha, a scheme for empowering women.
Capital : Amaravati
CM: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Governor : Biswa Bhushan Harichandan
18. Dr Harsh Vardhan launches interactive first-of-its-kind video game to spread awareness. what is the name of that game?
A) ‘Corona Fighters’
B) ‘Corona Beaters’
C) ‘Corona Cleaners’
D) ‘Corona Attackers’
Answer: A) ‘Corona Fighters’
- Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan has launched an interactive first-of-its-kind game on COVID-19, the Corona Fighters.
- The Minister also launched two new videos urging adherence to key COVID Appropriate Behaviors.
Health and Family Welfare, Science
and Technology & Earth Sciences:
Minister : Dr Harshavardhan
Constituency : Chandni Chowk, Delhi