Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December – 21 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Politician Motilal Vohra passed away. He was related to which party?
Answer: B) Congress
- Congress leader and former Madhya Pradesh chief minister Motilal Vohra passed away.
Vora was a Rajya Sabha member from Chhattisgarh from April 10, 2002 to April 9, 2020.
- The late Congress leader became the 13th chief minister of Madhya Pradesh on January 25, 1989 and was in office till December 8, 1989.
- Vora also held the office of Governor of Uttar Pradesh between 1993 and 1996.
CM: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor : Anandiben Patel
Motilal Vohra – Congress leader and former Madhya Pradesh chief minister.
2. According to RBI Data, which company is topped in Top 10 Overseas borrowers between FY17 to Q2 2021?
A) Power Finance Corporation
B) Reliance Industries
C) Reliance Jio Infocomm
D) ArcelorMittal India
Answer: B) Reliance Industries
|Top 10 Overseas Borrowers Between FY17 and Q2 FY21|
|Borrower||Amount ($ b)|
|Power Finance Corporation||6.15|
|Reliance Jio Infocomm||5.25|
|Export-Import Bank of India||4.87|
|Indian Railway Finance Corporation||3.90|
|Adani Ports & SEZ||3.40|
|Indian Oil Corporation||3.20|
3. According to the ‘Status of Leopard in India 2018’ report, which state have highest number of leopards?
B) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: B) Madhya Pradesh
1st – Madhya Pradesh (3,421)
2nd – Karnataka(1783)
3rd – Maharashtra(1690)
‘Status of Leopard in India 2018’:
- The ‘Status of Leopard in India 2018’ report, released by Union environment minister Prakash Javadekar.
- India now has 12,852 leopards.
- More than 60 per cent increase in population has been recorded over the previous estimate which was conducted in 2014.
4. What is the rank of India in Men’s FIH world rankings?
Answer: D) 4
Men’s FIH world rankings:
1st – Belgium
2nd – Australia
3rd – Netherlands
4th – India
Women’s FIH world rankings:
1st – Netherlands
2nd – Argentina
3rd – Germany
9th – India
BANKING AND FINANCE
5. The Asian Development Bank has provided how much amount loan to Northern Arc Capital for onlending to the microfinance and the MSME sectors in India?
A) Rs 495 crore
B) Rs 295 crore
C) Rs 195 crore
D) Rs 395 crore
Answer: B) Rs 295 crore
Asian Development Bank:
Hq: Manila, Philippines
Head : Masatsugu Asakawa
Asian Development Bank – Lend Rs 295 crore to Northern Arc Capital.
6. Bank of Baroda signs MoU with defence forces for new Baroda Military Salary package. Who is the MD & CEO of Bank of Baroda?
A) Shri Murali Ramaswami
B) Shri Sanjiv Chadha
C) Shri S. L. Jain
D) Shri Vikramaditya Singh Khichi
Answer: B) Shri Sanjiv Chadha
- Public sector lender Bank of Baroda (BoB) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard under which the bank would offer customised services along with a host of facilities to account holders.
- The bank has also renewed its existing MoU with the Indian Army to offer specially customised banking services through ‘Baroda Military Salary Package’.
- Services under ‘Baroda Military Salary Package’ will be offered to serving and retired personnel of Indian Armed Forces through the Bank’s network of over 8,200 domestic branches and around 20,000 business correspondent touch points.
Bank of Baroda:
Hq: Vadodara, Gujarat
MD and CEO : Sanjiv Chadha
Tagline : India’s International Bank
Bank of Baroda +Defence forces = New Baroda Military Salary package.
7. Which Bank in association with National Payments Corporation of India launched a unique variant of contactless Debit Card – ‘RuPay Select’ on the occasion of Bank’s Foundation Day?
A) State Bank of India
B) Central Bank of India
C) Indian Overseas Bank
D) Bank of Baroda
Answer: B) Central Bank of India
- Central bank is launching two customer utility products on the occasion of 110th foundation day of the Bank.
- First product is RUPAY SELECT DEBIT CARD, which is launched in association with NPCI.
Customers having select card will enjoy benefits such as complimentary Health check-ups, Gym, Golf, SPA and lounge access at selected centres besides Accidental Cover of Rs.10 lakh at no extra cost to customers.
- FASTAG is other product launched in association with OSTA. Customers using our
FASTAG will not lose any interest by transmitting the funds into FASTAG account,
instead the customer will cross the Toll Plaza with Central Bank of India FASTAG
based on recharge amount blocked in his Savings account and the account will be
debited on next day of transaction unlike other players having such product where
the fund is transferred to a wallet by debiting account of the customer.
- The Central Bank RuPay Debit Select Card comes up with unique features such
as airport lounge access to 20+ domestic and 500+international lounges along with
accidental and permanent disability insurance cover upto 10 lakh.
Central Bank of India:
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO : Pallav Mohapatra
Tagline : Central to you since 1911
Central Bank of India – ‘RuPay Select’ Contactless Debit Card.
8. Government decides to constitute a High Level Committee headed by whom to commemorate the 125th Birth Anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Ram Nath Kovind
C) Piyush Goyal
D) Amit Shah
Answer: D) Amit Shah
- The Government has decided to constitute a High Level Committee to commemorate the 125th Birth Anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
- This High Level Committee will decide on the activities for a one year long commemoration starting 23rd January, 2021.
- The High Level Committee will be headed by the Union Home Minister, Shri Amit Shah.
The Commemoration is being held as a tribute and as a mark of gratitude to the colossal contribution Netaji made to India’s freedom struggle.
- In the recent past, Government of India has taken several steps towards preserving and conserving the precious heritage of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
- A museum has been set up on Netaji at Red Fort, New Delhi, which was inaugurated by the Prime Minister on 23.01.2019.
- A permanent exhibition and a Light and Sound show on Netaji has been planned to be set up at Kolkata in the historic Victoria Memorial building.
- During his visit to the Andaman and Nicobar Islands in 2018, the Prime Minister joined the programme to mark 75th anniversary of hoisting Tricolour by Netaji Bose.
- The Prime Minister renamed 3 islands in Andaman and Nicobar. The Ross Island was renamed as Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Dweep; the Neil Island as Shaheed Dweep; and the Havelock Island as SwarajDweep.
Government – to commemorate the 125th Birth Anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose – Union Home Minister(head).
9. Sanjay Nayar is appointed as chairman of KKR India. Prior to this, He served as which position in same company?
Answer: A) CEO
KKR, the global investment firm has announced that Sanjay Nayar, CEO of KKR India, will take up a new role as chairman of KKR India, effective 31, December 2020 and Gaurav Trehan will head its Private Equity business in India.
KKR has been investing in India since 2006 and established its Mumbai office in 2009.
Sanjay Nayar – CEO of KKR India.
10. Seven-time Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton won BBC’s Sports Personality of the Year prize. He also won BBC Prize in which year?
Answer: D) 2014
Seven-time Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton capped another successful year by claiming the BBC’s Sports Personality of the Year prize. Hamilton also won the BBC prize in 2014.
F1 champion Lewis Hamilton – BBC’s Sports Personality of the Year.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
11. Which IIT has developed high-efficiency face masks from waste ‘PET bottles?
A) IIT Madras
B) IIT Bombay
C) IIT Mandi
D) IIT Hyderabad
Answer: C) IIT Mandi
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Mandi researchers have come up with a number of research work and innovations to help combat Covid-19.
- Some of the work include research on comparing disordered proteins in COVID-19, research on tracking the spread of COVID-19 in India via social networks, high-efficiency face masks from waste ‘PET bottles’, Wi-Fi Operated smart ventilator, UV-C disinfection box.
IT Mandi – develop a slew of solutions to fight Covid-19.
12. India and Vietnam have signed how many new agreements on areas such as defence, scientific research, nuclear and renewable energy, petrochemicals and other diverse subjects like cancer treatment?
Answer: A) 7
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi held a Virtual Summit with his Vietnamese counterpart Nguyen Xuan Phuc.
- India and Vietnam have signed seven new agreements on areas such as defence, scientific research, nuclear and renewable energy, petrochemicals and other diverse subjects like cancer treatment.
Capital : Hanoi
Currency : Vietnamese Dong
PM Modi – Hold Virtual Summit with Vietnamese counterpart Nguyen Xuan Phuc.
13. The Centre released the eighth installment of Rs.6,000 crore to states as back to back loan to meet the goods and service tax (GST) compensation shortfall. Out of these, how much amount Released to 23 states?
A) Rs. 5,516.60 crore
B) Rs. 2,516.60 crore
C) Rs. 4,516.60 crore
D) Rs. 3,516.60 crore
Answer: A) Rs. 5,516.60 crore
- The Centre released the eighth installment of Rs.6,000 crore to states as back to back loan to meet the goods and service tax (GST) compensation shortfall, taking the total amount released so far through the special borrowing window to Rs 48,000 crore.
- Of this, an amount of Rs. 5,516.60 crore has been released to 23 states and Rs.483.40 crore to three union territories Delhi, Jammu & Kashmir & Puducherry.
Centre – Release 8th installment to meet GST compensation shortfall.
14. Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurates eighth oil & gas production plant of the country in West Bengal. ONGC would invest how much amount in new exploration in the next two years in the basin?
A) Rs 325 crore
B) Rs 425 crore
C) Rs 225 crore
D) Rs 125 crore
Answer: B) Rs 425 crore
- The eighth oil and gas production plant of the country was inaugurated in Ashoknagar in North 24-Parganas, in West Bengal by Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan.
- ONGC would invest Rs 425 crore in new exploration in the next two years in the basin.
It has already invested Rs 3,400 crore for developing the producing block in North 24-Parganas in the last two years.
Petroleum and Natural Gas and Steel:
Minister : Dharmendra Pradhan
Constituency : Rajya Sabha MP,Madhaya Pradesh
Capital : Kolkata
CM : Mamata Banerjee
Governor : Jagdeep Dhankhar
Dharmendra Pradhan – Eighth oil & gas production plant of the country in West Bengal.
15. Which state has inaugurated a pipe manufacturing unit set up by the Welspun Group at a cost of about 300 crores?
B) Uttar Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: D) Madhya Pradesh
Chief Minister Shri Shivraj Singh Chauhan in Madhya Pradesh inaugurated a pipe manufacturing unit set up by the Welspun Group at a cost of about 300 crores at village Jamunia and Khejra in Raisen district.
CM: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor : Anandiben Patel
Madhya Pradesh – Pipe manufacturing unit.
16. Union Minister Nitin Gadkari inaugurated and laid the foundation for how many NH projects with total investment of over ₹13,169 crore in Telangana?
Answer: A) 14
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari inaugurated and laid the foundation for 14 National Highway (NH) projects spanning 765 km long roads which entail a total investment of over ₹13,169 crore in Telangana.
Road Transport and Highways and Micro, Small and
Minister : Nitin Gadkari
Constituency : Nagpur. Maharashtra
Capital : Hyderabad
CM : K. Chandrashekar Rao
Governor : Tamilisai Soundararajan
Gadkari – Inaugurate 14 new highway projects in Telangana.
17. Which state signs MoU with India Accelerator to build a robust start-up ecosystem in the state?
B) Uttar Pradesh
C) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: A) Haryana
- With an aim to build a robust startup ecosystem in Haryana, India Accelerator – an Indian institution with Global Accelerator Network, has recently entered into an MoU with the Department of Information Technology, Electronics, and Communication (DITECH) and Startup Haryana.
- The association strategically creates an ecosystem in the State that intends to stimulate innovation and growth of disruptive startups.
Capital : Chandigarh
CM: Manohar Lal Khattar
Governor : Satyadev Narayan Arya
Haryana + India Accelerator = Build startup ecosystem.
18. Which state launched a comprehensive survey of all types of lands in the state – agriculture, non-agriculture, state-owned and private lands – in rural and urban areas?
B) Uttar Pradesh
C) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: C) Andhra Pradesh
- The Andhra Pradesh government launched a comprehensive survey of all types of lands in the state – agriculture, non-agriculture, state-owned and private lands – in rural and urban areas in a bid to streamline land records and prevent land disputes.
- Titled as the ‘YSR-Jagananna Shaswatha Bhoo Hakku/Bhoo Raksha’, the programme was launched by chief minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at Takkellapadu village near Jaggaiahpet in Krishna district.
Capital : Amaravati
CM: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Governor : Biswa Bhushan Harichandan
Andhra Pradesh – launch comprehensive land survey to streamline records, prevent dispute.
19. According to Narendra Singh Tomar, the government’s target to double farm mechanization per hectare in how many years?
Answer: A) 10
Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Rural Development and
Minister : Narendra Singh Tomar
Constituency : Morena, Madhya Pradesh
Narendra Singh Tomar – Govt aims to double farm mechanisation in next 10 years.