Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December – 20 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. International Human Solidarity Day is observed on which date?
A) December 20
B) December 21
C) December 22
D) December 23
Answer: A) December 20
International Human Solidarity Day:
- The day has been observed since December 2002, when the United Nations General assembly established the World Solidarity Fund.
- This fund was set up in February 2003 to fund the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), which worked to eradicate poverty.
- On December 22, 2005, the UN General Assembly identified solidarity as a universal value.
- According to the United Nations Millennium Declaration, solidarity is one of the fundamental values that are essential for healthy ‘international relations’.
- Thus, after the UN General Assembly convinced that promotion of the culture of solidarity and the spirit of sharing is important to combat poverty since then December 20 was declared as International Human Solidarity Day.
2. Amit Panghal won Gold Medal in which category at the Cologne Boxing World Cup in Germany?
Answer: D) 52Kg
- Indian boxers Amit Panghal (men’s 52kg), Simranjit Kaur (women’s 60kg) and Manisha Moun (women’s 57kg) landed gold medals in their respective weight divisions at the Cologne Boxing World Cup in Germany.
- Panghal had beaten France’s Billal Bennama in the semis to earn his gold medal bout.
Simranjit Kaur, meanwhile, got the better of local favourite Maya Kleinhans in the title bout to clinch the top prize.
- In the all-Indian final in the women’s 57kg event, Manisha Moun trumped two-time AIBA Women’s Youth World Champion Sakshi Choudhary.
- Another Indian finalist Satish Kumar (men’s +91kg) also had to settle for the silver medal after withdrawing from the summit clash against Germany’s Nelvie Tiafack.
- Sonia Lather (women’s 57kg), Pooja Rani (women’s 75kg) Gaurav Solanki (men’s 57kg) and Mohamed Hussamudin (men’s 57kg) had earlier claimed bronze medals in their respective categories bringing India’s total medals tally at the Germany event to nine.
Amit Panghal – Gold Medal in 52Kg category at the Cologne Boxing World Cup in Germany.
BANKING AND FINANCE
3. Bharti AXA Life Insurance has launched Bharti AXA Life Guaranteed Income Pro that offers life insurance along with maturity benefits and guaranteed returns. What is the age limit of the above mentioned insurance policy for income option?
Answer: A) 5-65
- Bharti AXA Life Insurance today announced the launch of its novel plan – Bharti AXA Life Guaranteed Income Pro – that offers life insurance along with guaranteed returns and maturity benefits
- Bharti AXA Life Guaranteed Income Pro Plan offers customers the choice of multiple policies and premium payment terms.
- Its minimum policy term is 10 years and the maximum term is 24 years under Endowment option.
- The minimum entry age is 91 days and the maximum entry age is 60 years under Endowment option.
- For Income option, the minimum entry age is five years and the maximum entry age is 65 years.
- It gives three options to customers to pay the premium – Single-Premium, Regular Premium and Limited Premium.
Bharti AXA Life Insurance:
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO: Parag Raja
Bharti AXA Life Insurance – Bharti AXA Life Guaranteed Income Pro – that offers life insurance along with guaranteed returns and maturity benefits.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
4. “Vajpayee: The Years that Changed India” is authored by whom?
A) Sathish Sinha
B) Shakti Sinha
C) Sanjeev Sinha
D) Sekar Sinha
Answer: B) Shakti Sinha
“Vajpayee: The Years that Changed India” – Shakti Sinha(Author) – Penguin(Publish).
5. Who is appointed as executive director of the Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services (IL&FS)?
A) Nandha Kumar
B) Aravind Singh
C) Ashok Kumar
D) Nand Kishore
Answer: D) Nand Kishore
CEO: Arun K. Saha
Nand Kishore – Executive director of IL&FS.
6. Vikas Khanna and Sanjay Pandey won Mother Teresa Memorial Award 2020 by which foundation?
A) Adani foundation
B) Harmony Foundation
C) AMM Foundation
D) Bosch Foundation
Answer: B) Harmony Foundation
- The Harmony Foundation will award this year’s Mother Teresa Memorial Awards to New York-based chef Vikas Khanna and IPS officer Sanjay Pandey, Director General, Home Guards.
- The theme for Harmony Foundation’s award this year is ‘Celebrating Compassion In Times Of Covid’ and the award ceremony will be held virtually on December 27.
- Instituted in 2005, the award celebrates the memory and legacy of Mother Teresa, canonized a Saint by Pope Francis in the Vatican. Previous recipients of the award include Nobel laureates Malala Yousufzai, The Dalai Lama and Kailash Satyarthi.
Vikas Khanna + Sanjay Pandey = Mother Teresa award.
7. Rajnath Singh inaugurates India’s first hypersonic wind tunnel in which place?
A) Kolkata, West Bengal
B) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
C) Bangalore, Karnataka
D) Hyderabad, Telangana
Answer: D) Hyderabad, Telangana
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the advanced Hypersonic Wind Tunnel (HWT) test facility in Hyderabad, Telangana, making India the third country after the US and Russia to have such a facility.
- The state-of-the-art HWT Test facility is “pressure vacuum driven enclosed free jet facility having nozzle exit diameter of 1 metre and will simulate Mach No 5 to 12 (Mach represents the multiplication factor to the speed of sound).
- After America and Russia, India is the third country to have such a large facility in terms of size and operating capability.
Ministry of Defence:
Ministry : Rajnath Singh
Constituency : Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Capital : Hyderabad
CM : K. Chandrashekar Rao
Governor : Tamilisai Soundararajan
Rajnath Singh – Inaugurate India’s first hypersonic wind tunnel in Hyderabad.
8. The Sports Ministry has approved the inclusion of how many indigenous sports in the Khelo India Youth Games 2021 scheduled to take place in Haryana?
Answer: D) 4
- The Sports Ministry has approved the inclusion of four indigenous sports, including Gatka and Kalaripayattu, in the Khelo India Youth Games 2021, scheduled to take place in Haryana.
- The other two games included are Thang-Ta and Mallakhamba.
Kalaripayattu has its origin in Kerala and has practitioners all over the world, Bollywood actor Vidyut Jammwal being one.
Mallakhamba has been well-known across India and Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra have been the hotspots of this sport.
Gatka originates in the state of Punjab and this traditional fighting style of the Nihang Sikh warriors is used both as self-defense as well as a sport.
Thang-Ta, a Manipur marital art has passed into oblivion in the recent decades, but the sport will get national recognition again with the help of the Khelo India Youth Games.
Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports:
Minister: Kiren Rijiju
Constituency : Arunachal Pradesh West, Arunachal Pradesh
Sports Ministry – Approve inclusion of four indigenous games.
9. Which state has launched special campaign named Varasat to curb property & land-related disputes in rural areas?
A) Madhya Pradesh
C) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: C) Uttar Pradesh
- In Uttar Pradesh,the government has launched special campaign to curb property & land-related disputes in rural areas.
- This is a first of its kind campaign to end the nagging land-related issues in the rural areas.
- It is aimed at eradicating the exploitation of the villagers in the name of ‘Varasat’ of land and property.
Capital : Lucknow
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel
Uttar Pradesh – ‘Varasat’ campaign to curb property & land-related disputes in rural areas.
10. Indian Navy has signed a MoU with which organisation for sharing ocean services data, expertise in operational oceanography?
Answer: A) INCOIS
- Indian Navy has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS) for sharing ocean services data, expertise in operational oceanography.
- This MoU is focused on sharing of ocean services, data, and expertise in the field of operational oceanography and the same will benefit both Indian Navy and INCOIS in furthering meaningful interactions and professional exchanges in future.
Indian Navy + INCOIS = Share ocean services data.