Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December – 19 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Goa Liberation Day is observed on December 19. This year in which edition?
Answer: A) 60
- Goa Liberation Day is observed on December 19 every year in Goa, India.
- Goa was liberated from around 450-year-long Portuguese rule on December 19, 1961.
- The Goa Liberation Day is celebrated in commemoration of the Indian armed forces.
- India was completely free from European rule on this day.
2. Anurita Saini passed away. She was related to which sports?
B) Table Tennis
Answer: A) Hockey
- Former Indian women’s hockey player Anurita Saini, who died after a brief illness, was a member of the historic Asiad gold-medal winning team of 1982.
- Besides representing India at the 1982 Asian Games, Saini played at the 1983 Kuala Lumpur World Cup and later became assistant coach and manager of the women’s team from 2002 to 2006.
Anurita Saini – Former Indian women’s hockey player.
3. Madhav Govind Vaidya passed away. He was related to which field?
Answer: B) Writer
Veteran journalist, ex-legislator, senior Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) ideologue and its first spokesperson Madhav Govind Vaidya who passed away in Nagpur.
MG Vaidya – Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh ideologue.
4. What is the rank of India in the Human Freedom Index 2020?
Answer: A) 111
Released By the Cato Institute in the United States and Fraser Institute in Canada.
Total – 162 countries.
5. Amar Singh College conservation project was recognised with the ‘Award of Merit’ in the 2020 UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation.This college is situated in which state/UT?
B) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer: B) Jammu & Kashmir
- The Srinagar-based Amar Singh College’s building, built nearly 80 years ago, is one of the seven conservation projects to be recognised with the 2020 UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation.
- This year, the jury awarded two Special Recognition for Sustainable Development awards, one Award of Excellence, one Award of Distinction, one Award for New Design in Heritage Contexts and three Awards of Merit, the Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH) Jammu and Kashmir.
Amar Singh College conservation project – Recognised with UNESCO award.
6. Who won first prize in the Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Telecom Skill Excellence Awards presented by Shri.Ravi ShankarPrasad and Shri. Sanjay Shamrao Dhotre?
A) Shri. Sreenivas Karanam
B) Prof.Subrat Kar
Answer: A)Shri. Sreenivas Karanam
- Shri.Ravi ShankarPrasad, Minister of Communications and Electronics &IT and Shri. Sanjay Shamrao Dhotre, Minister of State for Communications and Electronics & IT, presented the Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Telecom Skill Excellence Awards including cash award of Rs 50,000 and Rs 30,000 respectivelyin the presentation ceremony organized in Electronics Niketan,CGO Complex,New Delhi
- DoT launched Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Telecom Skill Excellence Awards scheme in 2017, to reward the successful telecom skilled people for their special contributions in the areas of Telecom Skilling, Telecom Services, Telecom Manufacturing, Telecom Applications in deploying telecom dependent sectoral solutions for different fields such as agriculture, commerce, health, education etc.,
- Shri. Sreenivas Karanam, Bangalore was selected for the FIRST prize for his contribution in developing a cost-effective customized technical solution under the brand ‘C mobile’, for deep sea communication, operating along the Kerala coast, facilitating communication among fishermen and issue of weather alerts etc.,
- Prof.Subrat Kar, New Delhi was selected for the SECOND prize for his innovative solution on development & deployment of a large scale sensor network and devices to avoid train-animal collision , which works without interfering with natural movements/behaviour of animals, thereby helping in wildlife conservation.
Shri. Sreenivas Karanam – first prize in the Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Telecom Skill Excellence Awards.
7. Which country becomes the 23rd member of the Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA)?
Answer: A) France
- The 20th meeting of the council of ministers of the Indian Ocean Rim Association was hosted virtually by UAE.
- 22 member states and 10 dialogue partners attended the meeting.
Theme of “Promoting a Shared Destiny and Path to Prosperity in the Indian Ocean”.
- Sri Lanka as the incoming Vice Chair of IORA for the period 2021-23.
- IORA has ten dialogue partners: China, Egypt, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Turkey, the Republic of Korea, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.
France – 23rd member of the Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA).
Capital : Paris
Currency : Euro
8. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh handed over how many systems developed by DRDO to chiefs of the three armed forces?
Answer: C) 3
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh handed over three systems developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation to chiefs of the three armed forces.
- Singh handed over the Indian maritime situational awareness system (IMSAS) to Navy Chief Admiral Karambir Singh.
- The IMSAS is a software system that provides global maritime situational picture, marine planning tools and analytical capabilities to the Indian Navy.
Astra Mk-1 missile:
- The minister handed over the Astra Mk-1 missile system to Air Chief Marshal R K S Bhadauria.
- This missile is the first indigenously developed beyond visual range (BVR) missile that can be launched from Sukhoi-30 and other fighter aircraft.
- Singh handed over the Border Surveillance System (BOSS), which is an all-weather electronic surveillance system, to Army Chief General M M Naravane.
- All three systems–IMSAS, Astra Mk-1 and BOSS– have been designed and developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- Singh also presented awards, including the Lifetime Achievement Award 2018 to NV Kadam “for his contributions for developing control and guidance schemes for missiles”.
Defence minister – Hands over 3 DRDO systems to chiefs of armed forces.
Ministry of Defence:
Minister : Rajnath Singh
Constituency : Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
9. Which state Cabinet approves new tourism policy named Mega Tourism projects over ₹400 crore?
A) Tamil Nadu
D) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: D) Andhra Pradesh
- Andhra Pradesh Cabinet, chaired by Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, approved new tourism policy, and also given the nod for paying input subsidy for crop damages due to cyclone Nivar and to amend the State Survey and Boundary Act among other decisions.
- Tourism projects with over ₹400 crore will be called Mega Tourism projects.
The Cabinet also approved to increase the land lease period from 33 to 99 years for mega projects.
- The Cabinet has approved ₹198.50 crore relief and restart package for hotels, function halls and restaurants which are in crisis due to pandemic.
- Through this package, loans from ₹50,000-₹50,00,000 will be provided to each unit and a moratorium of six months and 4.5 per cent of interest subsidy for the first year will be provided by the government.
- The Cabinet has approved to conduct comprehensive land resurvey from December 21.
- The Cabinet has made five amendments to Andhra Pradesh Survey and Boundary Act 1923 as per the needs of the resurvey to be conducted.
- A restart package to film industry has also been approved.
- Through this package, a theatre can avail working capital loans. ₹10 lakh loan for A and B Class centre theatres and ₹5 lakh for C class theatres with a moratorium of six months and interest subsidy of 4.5 per cent would be borne by the government which would cost ₹4.18 crore.
- The Cabinet also approved for the implementation of third phase of Rythu Bharosa scheme benefitting around 50.47 lakh farmers.
- The Chief Minister would release ₹1,009 crore as the third installment ₹2,000 to each farmers.
- A new Survey Training Institute to come up in Tirupati.
AP Cabinet – Approve new tourism policy.
Capital : Amaravati
CM: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Governor : Biswa Bhushan Harichandan
10. Which state/UT launched the “neki ki deewar” or wall of kindness scheme of the municipal corporation here at the community centre?
B) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer: A) Chandigarh
- City mayor Raj Bala Malik launched the “neki ki deewar” or wall of kindness scheme of the municipal corporation here at the community centre
- People could leave their old clothes, old blankets, sheets, shoes and other items here so that they could be used by the needy.
- The facility will be started throughout the city outside the community centres in phases.
Chandigarh – the “neki ki deewar” or wall of kindness scheme of the municipal corporation.
Capital : Chandigarh
Lt Governor : V.P. Singh Badnore
11. The Marine Products Export Development Authority has launched India’s first multilingual call centre for aquafarmers at Vijayawada in Andhra Pradesh. What is the headquarters of MPEDA?
A) Kochi, Kerala
B) Hyderabad, Telangana
C) Mumbai, Maharashtra
D) Kolkata, West Bengal
Answer: A) Kochi, Kerala
- The Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA), headquartered in Kochi, has launched a multilingual call centre for aquafarmers at Vijayawada in Andhra Pradesh, which will address their technical issues and impart knowledge about efficient farming methods round the clock
- The call centre can also handle calls in English and Hindi.
MPEDA – Launch India’s first aquaframers call centre.