Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December – 16 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. The Nation celebrates Vijay Diwas on 16th December. This year is celebrated as which edition?
Answer: C) 50
- The Nation celebrates Vijay Diwas on 16th December every year to commemorate the historic victory against Pakistan in the 1971 War.
- On this momentous day, 49 years ago, over 93,000 Pakistani troops under the command of Lieutenant General AAK Niazi raised white flags and surrendered unconditionally at Dhaka, in the presence of the three tri-service theatre Commanders of Indian Armed Forces.
- It was on this day in 1971, that a declaration of the cease-fire was brought into force ending the Indo-Pak War and resulting secession of East Pakistan to the sovereign country of Bangladesh.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh unveiled the logo for ‘Swarnim Vijay Varsh’ to mark the anniversary of the war.
2. Which country will host 2030 Asian Games?
D) Saudi Arabia
Answer: A) Qatar
- 2030 Asian Games – Qatar.
- 2034 Asian Games – Saudi Arabia.
- Qatar will also host the 2022 World Cup.
2030 Asian Games – Qatar.
Capital : Doha
Currency : Riyal
Currency: Saudi riyal
3. What is the rank of India in Human Development Index by UNDP?
Answer: B) 131
Total countries – 189.
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. The government signed a loan agreement worth how much amount with the New Development Bank (NDB) to support the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) and India’s rural infrastructure?
A) $2 billion
B) $1 billion
C) $3 billion
D) $4 billion
Answer: B) $1 billion
|India + NDB||$1,000 million||to provide support to Aatma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan through MGNREG Scheme to support India’s economic recovery from COVID-19|
|India + World Bank||$ 400 million||to protect India’s poor and vulnerable from the impact of COVID-19|
India – sign $1 billion loan with NDB to support MGNREGS and rural infrastructure.
New Development Bank:
Hq: Shanghai, China
Head: Marcos Troyjo
5. Blockchain start-up ChitMonks has launched an insurance product designed to protect the subscribers of registered chit fund companies. What is the name of that insurance?
Answer: C) ChitInsure
- Blockchain start-up ChitMonks has launched ChitInsure, an insurance product designed to protect the subscribers of registered chit fund companies.
- It offers two products – one helps the companies in providing additional security for new subscriptions – while the other is specially designed to protect the future liabilities of subscribers.
ChitMonks – insurance product for chit fund subscribers.
6. Which insurance company has partnered with IntrCity RailYatri to provide Domestic Travel Insurance to customers opting to travel/commute through IntrCity RailYatri?
A) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
B) Liberty General Insurance
C) SBI General Insurance
D) Bharti AXA General Insurance
Answer: C) SBI General Insurance
- SBI General Insurance, one of the leading general insurance companies in India, has partnered with IntrCity RailYatri, a multi-modal intercity mobility platform, to provide Domestic Travel Insurance to customers opting to travel/commute through IntrCity RailYatri.
- This partnership will enable the domestic bus travelers to avail complementary travel cover worth Rs. 5 Lacs along with the travel ticket.
SBI General Insurance +IntrCity RailYatri – to offer ₹5L travel cover.
SBI General Insurance Co. Ltd:
Hq : Mumbai , Maharashtra
CEO : Prakash Chandra Kandpal
7. Who is appointed as the Chief Justice of Orissa High Court?
A) Justice Pankaj Mithal
B) Justice Sanjib Banerjee
C) Justice Hima Kohli
D) Justice Dr S Muralidhar
Answer: D) Justice Dr S Muralidhar
- The Supreme Court Collegium has recommended elevation of five judges as Chief Justices of different High Courts.
- Justice Dr S Muralidhar as Chief Justice of Orissa High Court. Justice Muralidhar is presently a judge at Punjab and Haryana High Court.
- Delhi HC judge Justice Hima Kohli as Chief Justice of Telangana High Court.
- Calcutta HC judge Justice Sanjib Banerjee as Chief Justice of Madras High Court.
- Allahabad HC judge Pankaj Mithal as Chief Justice of Jammu and Kashmir and Uttarakhand HC judge Sudhanshu Dhulia as Gauhati HC Chief Justice.
Justice Dr S Muralidhar – Chief Justice of Orissa High Court.
8. Which organisation has been awarded with the prestigious Golden Peacock Environment Management Award for the year 2020?
Answer: A) SAIL
Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) has been awarded with the prestigious Golden Peacock Environment Management Award for the year 2020 in the Steel Sector by the Institute of Directors.
SAIL – Golden Peacock Environment Management Award.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
9. How many persons has been selected as the Commander of the SpaceX Crew-3 mission to the International Space Station (ISS) by NASA and the European Space Agency?
Answer: C) 3
- Indian-American US Air Force Colonel Raja Chari.
- Maurer comes from Sankt Wendel, in the German state of Saarland.
- Marshburn is a Statesville, North Carolina.
Indian-American Raja Chari – among 3 astronauts selected by NASA for SpaceX Crew-3 mission.
10. India and which country set up a joint task force consisting of designated higher education organisations from both the countries to work towards mutual recognition of academic qualifications?
Answer: D) UK
India + UK = set up joint task force for mutual recognition of academic qualifications.
Capital : London
Currency : Pound Sterling
11. Cabinet approved a subsidy of how much amount to sugar mills for the export of 60 lakh tonnes of sweetener during the ongoing marketing year 2020-21?
A) Rs 2,500 crore
B) Rs 3,500 crore
C) Rs 4,500 crore
D) Rs 5,500 crore
Answer: B) Rs 3,500 crore
- The government approved a subsidy of Rs 3,500 crore to sugar mills for the export of 60 lakh tonnes of sweetener during the ongoing marketing year 2020-21 as part of its efforts to help them clear outstanding dues to sugarcane farmers
- In the previous marketing year 2019-20 (October-September), the government provided a lump sum export subsidy of Rs 10,448 per tonne, costing the exchequer Rs 6,268 crore.
- The Cabinet also approved auction of spectrum in 700 MHz, 800 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 2100 MHz, 2300 MHz and 2500 MHz frequency bands, for validity period of 20 years.
- The Cabinet has given its approval for Memorandum of Understanding between Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC), India and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), United States of America (USA) for exchange of information and experiences in areas of mutual interest to both in the electricity sectors.
- The Cabinet on Wednesday approved setting up of a National Security Committee, which will list ‘trusted and non-trusted’ equipment/ devices by vendors, to be used by the telecom service providers (TSPs).
- The Committee will consist of members from relevant Departments/ Ministries and will also have two members from industry, and an independent expert. The committee will be called the National Security Committee on Telecom.
- Cabinet – approve Rs 3,500 cr sugar export subsidy for 2020-21.
12. An indigenously built interceptor boat C-454 of Indian Coast Guard was commissioned in Gujarat’s Surat. This boat is built by which organisation?
A) Larsen & Toubro
B) Cochin Shipyard Limited
C) Hindustan Shipyard Limited
D) Goa Shipyard Limited
Answer: A) Larsen & Toubro
Indian Coast Guard – commission interceptor boat at Surat’s Hazira Port.
13. Which state government has rolled out a free of cost crop insurance scheme for the state’s farmers?
B) Himachal Pradesh
C) Uttar Pradesh
D) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: D) Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has launched ‘YSR Free Crop Insurance’ scheme and credited ₹1,252 crore into the bank accounts of 9.48 lakh farmers in insurance claims for the agricultural season 2019.
The previous government spent an average Rs 393 crore per annum for three years towards payment of insurance premium, while the farmers paid about Rs 290 crore a year.
Andhra Pradesh – enroll farmers for crop insurance scheme with Re 1 token.
Capital : Amaravati
CM: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Governor : Biswa Bhushan Harichandan
14. Which state/UT launches reading portal named Tadaa for children?
Answer: A) Delhi
Delhi deputy chief minister Manish Sisodia said that stories help children develop a mindset from an early age, and enhances their reading ability while launching an online reading portal.
The new portal, named Tadaa, has been started by a Delhi-based NGO Katha that works in the field of education.
Delhi – online reading portal ‘Tadaa’.
Capital: New Delhi
CM: Arvind Kejriwal
Governor: Anil Baijal