Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December – 06 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Mahaparinirvana Diwas is observed on December 06. In this day, to commemorate of death anniversary of whom?
A) Mahatma Gandhi
B) BR Ambedkar
C) Mother Thresa
Answer: B)BR Ambedkar
About BR Ambedkar
- Born on April 14, 1891.
- Babasaheb Ambedkar was an Indian jurist, economist, politician and social reformer who campaigned against social discrimination towards Dalits and supported the rights of women and workers.
- He died on December 6, 1956.
- Ambedkar was conferred with the Bharat Ratna, India’s highest civilian award, in 1990.
2. Ravi Patwardhan passed away. He was actor of which language?
Ravi Patwardhan – Veteran Marathi actor
AWARDS AND HONORS
3. Which organization has bagged the prestigious ‘International King Bhumibol World Soil Day Award’ from the United Nation’s Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)?
- India’s agri-research body Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) has bagged the prestigious ‘International King Bhumibol World Soil Day Award’ from the United Nation’s Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) for raising awareness about importance of soil health among all stakeholder
- The award was conferred to ICAR on the occasion of World Soil Day, celebrated on December 5, through a virtual function
- Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn of Thailand will give the award to ICAR in an official ceremony to be held in Bangkok in January 2021.
- ICAR – global award from FAO for creating awareness about soil health.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
4. Which country successfully launched a new Earth observation satellite which can take high-resolution pictures of ground objects across the globe?
- China successfully launched a new Earth observation satellite which can take high-resolution pictures of ground objects across the globe.
- The satellite was launched from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre in southwest China’s Sichuan province.
- The satellite, Gaofen-14, was sent into orbit by a Long March-3B carrier rocket.
- Geofen-14 is an optical stereo mapping satellite.
- China – successfully launch new Earth observation satellite.
Currency : Renminbi
5. Which Institution is working on rapid identification of COVID-19 biomarkers in blood plasma using Raman spectroscopy and artificial intelligence?
A) IIT Madras
B) IISc Bangaluru
C) IIT Kanpur
D) IIT Kharagpur
Answer: B)IISc Bangaluru
- Researchers at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, are working on rapid identification of COVID-19 biomarkers in blood plasma using Raman spectroscopy and artificial intelligence.
- Raman Spectroscopy is a non-destructive chemical analysis technique which provides detailed information about chemical structure, phase and polymorphy, crystallinity and molecular interactions. It is based upon the interaction of light with the chemical bonds within a material.
- IISc Bangalore – working on COVID-19 detection using Raman spectroscopy, artificial intelligence.
6. Which country signed its first Preferential Trade Agreement (PTA) with Bhutan allowing duty free access to a range of goods between the two countries?
Answer: B) Bangladesh
- Bangladesh signed its first Preferential Trade Agreement (PTA) with Bhutan allowing duty free access to a range of goods between the two countries.
- This is the first PTA Bangladesh has signed with any country in the world.
In 1971, Bhutan was the first country in the world, followed by India as the second, to recognise Bangladesh as an independent country.
- Under the PTA 100 Bangladeshi products will get duty free access to Bhutan. At the same time, 34 items from Bhutan will get duty free access into Bangladesh.
- Further items can be added in the list later on the basis of discussion between the two countries.
- Bangladesh is expected to sign 11 more PTAs and Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) with countries like Indonesia and Nepal by June next year.
Bangladesh – first Preferential Trade Agreement (PTA) since its independence.
Capital : Dhaka
Currency : Bangladeshi Taka
Capital : Thimphu
Currency : Bhutanese ngultrum
7. The government has launched QRMP scheme for small taxpayers under GST system. What is an abbreviation of R in QRMP?
- The government has launched the Quarterly Return filing & Monthly Payment of Taxes (QRMP) scheme for small taxpayers under GST system.
- Taxpayers with aggregate annual turnover of up to Rs 5 crore in the preceding financial year and have filed their October GSTR-3B (sales) return by November 30, 2020, are eligible for this scheme.
QRMP scheme – GST payers with turnover up to Rs 5 crore.
8. The Indian Air Force has successfully test fired the Akash Missiles at Suryalanka test firing range in Andhra Pradesh. What is the maximum range of this missile?
A) 25 km
B) 10 km
C) 20 km
D) 15 km
Answer: A) 25 km
- The Indian Air Force has successfully test fired the Akash Missiles at Suryalanka test firing range in Andhra Pradesh during the Combat Guided Weapons Firing 2020 exercise.
- Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) has manufactured Akash Missile, which has the capability to engage aerial threats upto the maximum range of 25 km and upto an altitude of 18 km., operating at a speed range of 1.8 to 2.5 Mach
- The Akash Weapon System consisting of Akash Missile along with a complement of Ground Support Equipment is capable of tracking 64 targets in the background and launch eight missiles against four targets simultaneously.
The Indian Air Force – test fired the Akash Missiles at Suryalanka test firing range in Andhra Pradesh.
9. Which Ministry and the Ministry of AYUSH have decided to work together to set up an Export Promotion Council to boost AYUSH exports?
A) Commerce & Industry
B) Women & Child Development
C) Health and Family Welfare
Answer: A)Commerce & Industry
- Ministry of AYUSH and Ministry of Commerce and Industry will work together for establishing an AYUSH Export Promotion Council (AEPC). The proposed AEPC can be housed at Ministry of AYUSH.
- Ministry of AYUSH will work in collaboration with Bureau of Indian standards to develop international standards for AYUSH products as well as services.
The Ministry of Commerce and Industry + the Ministry of AYUSH = set up an Export Promotion Council to boost AYUSH exports
Railways and Commerce and Industry:
Minister : Piyush Goyal
Constituency : Rajya Sabha MP,Maharashtra
Ministers of State Independent Charge Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy,
Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy(AYUSH) and Defence
Minister :Shripad Yesso Naik
Constituency:North Goa, Goa
10. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister launched COVID-19 testing centre detection app named ________ which will help people get information about nearby testing labs?
A) The Mera Covid Abhiyaan app
B) The Mera Covid Vidhya app
C) The Mera Covid Kendra app
D) The Mera Covid Suraksha app
Answer: C) the Mera Covid Kendra app
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched COVID-19 testing centre detection app named the Mera Covid Kendra app which will help people get information about nearby testing labs
- All the data like map, centre timing, test type and other details of the testing labs are present in the map.
- This mobile application can be downloaded from Google Play Store.
UP – Covid-19 testing centre detection app
Capital : Lucknow
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel
11. Which NGO launched a virtual art gallery on the theme of disability that aims at colouring the world with inclusion of specially-abled people through the creative expression of artwork?
A) HelpAge India
B) Give Foundation
Answer: C) VOSAP
- A US-based global NGO run by an Indian-American has launched a virtual art gallery on the theme of disability that aims at colouring the world with inclusion of specially-abled people through the creative expression of artwork.
- The launch of virtual art gallery by Voice of Specially Abled People (VOSAP) follows the successful “VOSAP Art From Heart Contest”, which was participated by more than 4,200 artists from 53 countries.
VOSAP – launch virtual art gallery on disability
12. Vijay Rupani laid the foundation stone for how much amount Tapi-Karjan irrigation water pipeline network at Umarpada in Tapi district?
A) Rs 311-crore
B) Rs 411-crore
C) Rs 511-crore
D) Rs 711-crore
Answer: D) Rs 711-crore
- Vijay Rupani laid the foundation stone for the Rs 711-crore Tapi-Karjan irrigation water pipeline network at Umarpada in Tapi district.
- The CM also laid the foundation stone for an Army School at Umarpada and expressed hope that a Gujarat regiment of the Indian Army would be formed in future.
- Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani Laying the foundation stone for Narmada-based water supply project worth Rs 241.34 crore for Banaskantha district.
Viijay Rupani – foundation stone for Tapi-Karjan pipeline network
Capital : Gandhinagar
CM : Vijay Rupani
Governor : Acharya Dev Vrat