Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December – 07 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Armed Forces Flag Day observed on Which date?
A) December 9
B) December 8
C) December 7
D) December 6
Answer: C) December 7
Armed Forces Flag Day:
On August 28, 1949, a committee was set up under the then Defence Minister of India decided to observe a Flag Day annually on December 7.
The main idea to observe this day was to distribute flags to people and collect funds from them.
People across the country distribute small flags and car flags in red, deep blue and light blue colours representing the three Services in return for funds.
The fund collected is therefore used for the welfare of serving personnel and ex-servicemen and also to rehabilitate battle causalities.
International Day of Civil Aviation:
The world is observing the International Day of Civil Aviation on December 7
The day was first celebrated by the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) on December 7, 1994, to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Convention on International Civil Aviation.
From 2020 to 2023, the theme will be “Advancing innovation for global aviation development.”
2. Corey Anderson announced retires from international cricket. He is related to which country?
A) New Zealand
Answer: A) New Zealand
- New Zealand all-rounder Corey Anderson retires from international cricket.
- New Zealand all-rounder Corey Anderson, who once held the record for fastest ODI hundred, called time on his international career and signed a three-year deal with USA’s Major League Cricket.
- He has played 13 Tests, 49 ODIs and 31 T20Is for New Zealand.
- In the 93 international games across formats, he scored 2277 runs with two hundreds and 10 half-centuries. He also picked up 90 wickets.
- Anderson also played in the IPL for Delhi Daredevils, Mumbai Indians and Royal Challengers Bangalore and also was a part of New Zealand’s runners-up finish at the 2015 World Cup.
Capital : Wellington
Currency : New Zealand Dollar
3. Divya Bhatnagar passed away. She is related to which field?
- Popular TV actor Divya Bhatnagar of “Yeh Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai” fame, who had been diagnosed with COVID-19, died.
- Bhatnagar had also acted in shows including “Udaan”, “Silsila Pyaar Ka”, “Sasural Genda Phool”, “Sawaare Sabke Sapne Preeto”, “Vish”, among others.
Divya Bhatnagar – TV actress
4. According to ICAR, which University is topped in the list of Agricultural Universities for the year 2019?
A) ICAR-Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar
B) ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
C) ICAR-National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal
D) Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
Answer: C) ICAR-National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal(Haryana)
Total Participated – 67 universities
1 ICAR-National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal
2 Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
3 ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
Banking And Finance
5. Karnataka Vikas Grameen Bank has launched an overdraft facility named ‘Kirishi OD’ scheme for farmers.under this scheme, maximum how much amount given to per acre to irrigated lands?
A) ₹ 1 Lakh
B) ₹ 1.5 Lakh
C) ₹ 2 Lakh
D) ₹ 2.5 Lakh
Answer: B) ₹ 1.5 Lakh
- The Dharwad-headquartered regional rural bank, Karnataka Vikas Grameen Bank (KVGB), has launched an overdraft (OD) facility named ‘Kirishi OD’ scheme for farmers.
- The limit is capped to a maximum of ₹1.5 lakh per acre to irrigated lands and ₹1 lakh per acre to dry land.
- Neeraja Kumara Verma, Chief General Manager of NABARD, who launched the scheme in Dharwad.
KVG Bank – OD facility for farmers
Headquarters: Dharwad, Karnataka
Chairman : Puttaganti Gopi Krishna
6. ICICI Bank entered the ‘FinTech’ space. It also launced an mobile Banking app which offers payments and banking services to customers of any bank. What is the name of that app?
A) ‘cMobile Pay’
B) ‘bMobile Pay’
C) ‘iMobile Pay’
D) ‘lMobile Pay’
Answer: C) ‘iMobile Pay’
- Private lender ICICI Bank entered the ‘FinTech’ space by launching ‘iMobile Pay’ app which offers payments and banking services to customers of any bank.
- The mobile application offers a combination of facilities of a payment app — such as enabling customers to pay to any UPI (Unified Payments Interface) ID or merchants, paying bills and do online recharge among others — with instant banking services such as savings account, investments, loans, credit cards, gift cards, travel cards and much more.
- Besides, the users of ‘iMobile Pay’ could also transfer money to any bank account, payment app and digital wallet.
ICICI Bank – enter fintech space, launch ‘iMobile Pay’ application
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO : SandeepBakshi
Tagline : Hum Hai Na, KhayalApka
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
7. “Dharma: Decoding the Epics for A Meaningful Life” is authored by whom?
A) Ashok Tripathi
B) Amish Tripathi
C) Aravind Tripathi
D) Aadheesh Tripathi
Answer: B) Amish Tripathi
- The second non-fiction book by best-selling author Amish will be released on December 28, announced publishing house Westland
- The book, titled “Dharma: Decoding the Epics for A Meaningful Life”, offers practical, philosophical lessons drawn from ancient Hindu epics.
- It is co-authored by Amish’s sister Bhavana Roy.
“Dharma: Decoding the Epics for A Meaningful Life” – Amish Tripathi + Bhavana Roy (Author) – Westland(Published)
8. Anil Soni is appointed as CEO of which Foundation?
Anil Soni – Chief Executive Officer of WHO Foundation
9. ‘No Dorai’ and ‘Fagun Haway’ win Bangladesh best films award of 2019. Who is directed the film ‘No Dorai’?
A) Morshedul Islam
B) Kazi Hayat
C) Sheikh Niamat Ali
D) Taneem Rahman Anghshu
Answer: D) Taneem Rahman Anghshu
- The Bangladesh Ministry of information announced the National Film Awards for 2019.
- Films ‘No Dorai’ and ‘Fagun Haway’ jointly won the best film award. Taneem Rahman Anghshu who directed the film ‘No Dorai’ got the best Director award.
- The film ‘No Dorai’ dominated the awards in several categories including best cinematography (Sumon Kumar Sarker), Best Sound Recording (Ripon Nath) and best Screenplay (Mahboob Rahman).
- Eminent actor Sohel Rana and actress Kohinoor Akhter Suchanda jointly won the Life Time Achievement Award for their contribution to the film industry.
- Zahid Hasan got the Best Villain award for his role in the film ‘Shaludu’.
- ‘Nari Jibon’ got the best short film award while ‘Ja Chilo Ondhokare’ was selected for the best documentary film of 2019.
- Emon Chowdhury got the best Music Director award for the film ‘Maya- The Lost Mother’.
- Best playback singer (male) award was given to Mrinal Kanti Das.
- Best Female singer award was awarded jointly to Momtaz Begum and Fatima Tuz Zahara Oyshee.
- Plabon Koroshi and Tanvir Tarek won the award for best music composer category.
‘No Dorai’ and ‘Fagun Haway’ – Bangladesh best films award of 2019
Capital : Dhaka
Currency : Bangladeshi Taka
10. Geological Survey Of India Signs MoU With Geological Survey of which country In Fields Of Geology & Mineral Resources?
Geological Survey of India, the 170-year-old premier Geological organisation of the country has signed an MoU with Geological Survey of Finland called GTK, which is a leading European competence centre on the assessment and sustainable use of geological resources.
Geological Survey Of India + GTK, Finland = Fields Of Geology & Mineral Resources
Capital : Helsinki
Currency : Euro
11. Which Ministry released the Smuggling in India Report 2019-20 which analyses organised smuggling trends on Gold and Foreign Currency, Narcotic Drugs, Security, Environment and Commercial Frauds?
A) Finance Ministry
B) Women & Child Development Ministry
C) Home Ministry
D) Commerce & Industry Ministry
Answer: A) Finance Ministry
- Union Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman observed the 63rd Founding Day of the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI), the apex anti-smuggling intelligence and investigation agency functioning under the aegis of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC).
- Smt. Sitharaman unveiled “Smuggling in India Report 2019-20” which analyses organised smuggling trends on Gold & Foreign Currency, Narcotic Drugs, Security, Environment, Commercial Frauds. Pr. DGRI, Shri Balesh Kumar welcomed the dignitaries and presented a report on DRI’s performance of the previous financial year.
- On this occasion, Bravery Awards were conferred upon ShriNajimudheen T S of DRI Cochin Zonal Unit and Shri Sumer Sen, an independent witness of a case booked by DRI, Jaipur.
- The DRI UtkrishtSevaSamman, 2020 was awarded to Shri B. Sankaran, an officer of the 1961 batch of the Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Central Excise) for his years of distinguished and committed service.
Nirmala Sitharaman – The ‘Smuggling in India Report 2019-20’
Finance and Corporate Affairs:
Minister : Nirmala Sitharaman
Constituency : Rajya Sabha MP,Karnataka
12. Andhra Pradesh launched an online interactive agriculture solutions platform named _________ for farmers?
A) Rythu Iswariyam
B) Rythu Sundaram
C) Rythu Prakasam
D) Rythu Praveesam
Answer: C) Rythu Prakasam
- The district administration of Andhra Pradesh is developing an online interactive agriculture solutions platform, Rythu Prakasam, which will be the first such website for a district in the state.
- The website will provide information such as market prices of various crops and experts’ suggestions on organic cultivation, aqua culture, horticulture, poultry, dairy, agri marketing and effective utilisation of fertilisers.
Andhra Pradesh – Website named Rythu Prakasam to provide solutions for farmers
Capital : Amaravati
CM: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Governor : Biswa Bhushan Harichandan
13. Gwalior and Orchha of Madhya Pradesh have been included in the list of World Heritage City by UNESCO. What is the headquarters of UNESCO?
A) Tokyo, Japan
B) New York, USA
C) Paris, France
D) New Delhi, Delhi
Answer: C)Paris, France
Gwalior and Orchha of Madhya Pradesh – the list of World Heritage City by UNESCO.
CM: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor : Anandiben Patel
14. DRDO develops howitzer Advanced Towed Artillery Gun System underwent trials at Ahmednagar in Maharashtra. It has a striking range of around how many kms?
Answer: A) 50
- The made in India howitzer Advanced Towed Artillery Gun System underwent trials at Ahmednagar in Maharashtra
- The howitzer has been developed by the Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO).
- It has a striking range of around 50 kms.
Maharashtra – DRDO-developed howitzer undergoes trial
Capital : Mumbai
CM : Udhav Thackarey
DRDO Hq : New Delhi
DRDO Chairman : G. Satheesh Reddy