Daily Current Affairs September 24
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs September 24. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September 24 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
BANKING AND FINANCE – Daily Current Affairs September 24
1. PayPoint India, which Bank tie-up to widen reach of banking services?
A) Kotak Mahindra Bank
B) Federal Bank
C) Punjab National Bank
D) Bank of Baroda
E) Bank of Maharashtra
Answer: D) Bank of Baroda
- In a major push towards financial inclusion, PayPoint India has entered into a partnership with one of India’s leading banks, Bank of Baroda (BoB), to provide banking services across the country through the Business Correspondent (BC) model.
- Commercial banks have been finding it unviable to set up owned branches at remote locations and smaller centres, but with PayPoint India’s proven expertise in taking financial and payment products to the remotest locations through its vast and ever-expanding distribution network.
- Almost all essential banking services can be delivered through BC customer service points.
- Besides commercial banks, many renowned service providers, including insurance companies, Telcos, electricity boards, and even IRCTC, use the PayPoint India network to reach out to their customers across India.
ACQUISITIONS AND MERGERS – Daily Current Affairs September 24
2. IndusInd Bank buys _______ stake McLeod Russel?
A) 4.39 per cent
B) 1.19 per cent
C) 4.79 per cent
D) 2.79 per cent
E) 3.79 per cent
Answer: C) 4.79 per cent
- lnduslnd Bank said that it has acquired a 4.79 per cent stake in debt-laden bulk tea manufacturer McLeod Russel India by invoking pledged shares for recovery of its dues.
- The equity shares of McLeod Russel India held by lchamati Investments were pledged with the bank for securing the outstanding dues of Mcleod Russel India (MRIL), the borrower company, lnduslnd Bank said, adding it invoked the pledged shares for recovery of its dues from MRIL.
APPOINTMENTS – Daily Current Affairs September 24
3. G. C. Murmu was selected as the next External Auditor of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) for a how many years?
Answer: C) 6
- India’s Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) was selected as the next External Auditor of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) for a six-year term (2022-27) at the General Conference of the IAEA in Vienna.
4. Who has re-elected Chairman of Press Trust of India(PTI)?
A) Aveek Sarkar
B) Tarun Sarkar
C) Ashok Sarkar
D) Varun Sarkar
E) Sathish Sarkar
Answer: A) Aveek Sarkar
- Aveek Sarkar, the Editor Emeritus and Vice Chairman of the Ananda Bazar Group of Publications, was re-elected Chairman of Press Trust of India(PTI), the country’s premier news agency.
- Sarkar’s re-election for a two-year-term was ratified by PTI’s Board of Directors at their meeting.
- K.N. Shanth Kumar, Director of The Printers (Mysore) Pvt. Ltd. which brings out Deccan Herald and Kannada language daily Prajavani, was elected as the Vice-Chairman.
INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS – Daily Current Affairs September 24
5. India and which country hold Joint Working Group meeting on ‘Coal and Mines’?
A) New Zealand
Answer: B) Australia
- As a precursor to the upcoming India-Australia Energy Dialogue scheduled to be held on 13th October 2021, the first Joint Working Group (JWG) meeting on “Coal and Mines” between India and Australia was held here through Video conferencing.
- This was co-chaired by Shri Vinod Kumar Tiwari, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Coal, from the Indian side and by Mr Paul Trotman, Head of Resources Division from the Australian side.
- In his opening remarks, Shri Tiwari provided an overview of the coal sector in India and presented an emerging scenario for the future.
- He highlighted the priority areas to be included for possible collaborations in coal and mining sectors in both countries.
NATIONAL AFFAIRS – Daily Current Affairs September 24
6. Who addresses International Week of Deaf People 2021?
A) Devusinh Chauhan
B) Bharati Pawar
C) Bhagwanth Khuba
D) Jitendra Singh
E) Mansukh Mandaviya
Answer: B) Bharati Pawar
- Union Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare, Dr Bharati Pravin Pawar presided over and addressed the International Week of Deaf People 2021 at Central Health Education Bureau, New Delhi.
- The Directorate General of Health Services under the Union Health Ministry is commemorating the International Week of the Deaf People (IWDP) 2021 to create awareness on this issue through various activities including the involvement of stakeholders.
- The theme this year is “Celebrating Thriving Deaf Communities”.
- The International Week of the Deaf People (IWDP) was first launched in 1958 in Rome, Italy.
- It is celebrated annually by the global Deaf Community during the last full week of September to commemorate the same month the first World Congress of the World Federation of the Deaf (WFD) was held.
- The International Week of the Deaf People is celebrated through various activities by Deaf Communities all around the world.
7. MeitY Startup Hub and ____ collaborate to support startup growth and innovation in India?
E) KFin Technologies
Answer: C) AWS
- The MeitY Startup Hub, an initiative of the Ministry of Electronics and IT (MeitY) has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Amazon Internet Services Private Ltd. (AISPL), which undertakes the resale and marketing of Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud services in India, to promote technology innovation and the sustainable growth of startups in India.
- As part of this new collaboration, MeitY Startup Hub and AWS will work together to identify startups with deep technology capabilities, and enable and empower them to build impactful solutions to address the biggest problems facing society in India.
- Through the AWS Startup Ramp program, startups will gain access to AWS Credits, a community of experts, technical training and support covering cloud architecture, cost optimization, security, and scalability readiness.
- The MeitY Startup Hub will facilitate and organise government-backed innovation challenges to help startups focused on the public sector scale their solutions.
- Additionally, the collaboration will mobilise startups, and the community of incubators and accelerators to curate and run startup acceleration programs with AWS.
8. World’s highest electric vehicle charging station inaugurated in _____?
C) Tamil Nadu
D) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: D) Himachal Pradesh
- In a bid to promote a sustainable environment, the world’s highest electric vehicle charging station was inaugurated in Kaza of Lahaul and Spiti district in Himachal Pradesh.
- Further, one of the women who rode an electric vehicle from Manali to Kaza said that all the products including chargers in this station are made in India.
9. Who inaugurates 2-day North East Summit on Food Processing Opportunities in Shillong?
A) Devusinh Chauhan
B) Piyush Goyal
C) Prahlad Singh Patel
D) Kiren Rijiju
E) M K Stalin
Answer: C) Prahlad Singh Patel
- Union Minister of State for Ministry of Food Processing Industries and Ministry of Jal Shakti Prahlad Singh Patel inaugurated a two-day North East Summit on Food Processing Opportunities at the new IIM Campus Umsawli, in the outskirts of Shillong.
- The MoS formally initiated the summit which aims of building partnerships for inclusive growth in the food processing sector.