Daily Current Affairs September 25
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs September 25. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September 25 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
IMPORTANT DAYS – Daily Current Affairs September 25
1. World Pharmacists Day is observed on which date?
A) September 21
B) September 23
C) September 25
D) September 15
E) September 22
Answer: C) September 25
- World Pharmacists Day was launched by the International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP), with the organization’s council choosing to establish the event in the late 2000s during a meeting in Istanbul, Turkey.
- The goal of the day is to draw attention to pharmacies and the good health advantages they provide, and FIP urges all its members to participate for the event to be a success.
World Pharmacists Day: History and Significance
- The International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP) Council voted to observe World Pharmacist Day in 2009 during the World Congress of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences in Istanbul, Turkey.
- FIP was founded on this date in 1912, and the major goal of this day is to promote the role and actions of pharmacists in promoting health.
World Pharmacists Day 2021: Theme
- The topic for this year is “Pharmacy: Always Trusted for Your Health.”
- The reason behind this theme, according to FIP, is that they believe trust is an essential component of all human interactions and a key component of social capital and is crucial in health care.
- There is a substantial relationship between trust in healthcare providers and patient health outcomes.
Antyodaya Diwas 2021:
- Antyodaya Diwas is celebrated every year on 25 September to mark the birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya, one of the most prominent personalities in the history of Indian politics.
- This year, the Antyodaya Diwas marks the 105th birth anniversary of Upadhyaya.
- He was the co-founder of Bharatiya Jana Sangh (BJS) and a Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) thinker.
- As Antyodaya means uplifting the poorest of the poor, the special day aims at reaching the last person of the society.
- On this day, Upadhyaya is remembered for his contribution to society and politics.
- Born in 1916, Upadhyaya was brought up by his maternal uncle after he lost his parents at an early age.
- He was born in Chandrabhan village (now called Deendayal Dham) in Uttar Pradesh’s Mathura district.
- His father was an astrologer by profession while his mother was a housewife.
- In 2014, on the occasion of Antyodaya Diwas, the Ministry of Rural Development relaunched Aajeevika Skills- National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM), its existing skill development programme.
- In 2015, the ministry renamed the programme to Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana- NRLM.
BANKING AND FINANCE – Daily Current Affairs September 25
2. The Reserve Bank has imposed a penalty of ________ on Apna Sahakari Bank, Mumbai for non-compliance with certain directions, including on NPA classification?
A) Rs 79 lakh
B) Rs 59 lakh
C) Rs 49 lakh
D) Rs 39 lakh
E) Rs 29 lakh
Answer: A) Rs 79 lakh
- The Reserve Bank has imposed a penalty of Rs 79 lakh on Apna Sahakari Bank, Mumbai for non-compliance with certain directions, including on NPA classification.
- The RBI said statutory inspection of the bank revealed that it had not complied with the directions on NPA classification, payment of interest on deposits lying in current accounts of deceased individual depositors or sole proprietorship concerns while settling the claims and levying of penal charges in savings bank accounts for non-maintenance of minimum balances.
- The statutory inspection of Apna Sahakari Bank was with reference to its financial position as on March 31, 2019.
- A notice was issued to the lender asking it to show cause as to why penalty should not be imposed for contravention of aforesaid directions.
- The penalty was imposed after considering the bank’s reply to the notice, additional submissions and oral submissions made during personal hearing, RBI said.
- The RBI, however, added the penalty was imposed because of deficiency in regulatory compliance and is not intended to pronounce upon the validity of any transaction or agreement entered into by the bank with its customers.
APPOINTMENTS – Daily Current Affairs September 25
3. The government has extended by one year the tenure of the Company Law Committee, which was constituted back in _____?
Answer: A) 2019
- The government has extended by one year the tenure of the Company Law Committee, which was constituted back in 2019.
- The tenure of the panel, which was set up by the corporate affairs ministry in September 2019, was extended last year also.
- The committee has the mandate for examining and making recommendations to the government on various issues related to implementation of the Companies Act and the Limited Liability Partnership Act.
- Currently, the 11-member committee is chaired by Corporate Affairs Secretary Rajesh Verma.
- The committee was constituted as part of the government’s efforts to promote ease of living by providing ease of doing business to law abiding corporates, to foster improved corporate compliance for stakeholders at large and to address emerging issues having an impact on the working of companies.
- Last year, the ministry had extended the panel’s tenure till September 17, 2021.
NATIONAL AFFAIRS – Daily Current Affairs September 25
4. Which state will host global investors meet (GIM) in November 2022?
B) Tamil Nadu
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Karnataka
- Karnataka will host a global investors meet (GIM) in November 2022 to attracting more investments and job creation, State Minister of Large & Medium Industries Murugesh Nirani said.
- The State government plans to set up a bulk drug-manufacturing park in Yadgir district, he said.
5. First Quad leaders’ summit hosts in which country?
Answer: D) USA
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with his counterparts from Australia and Japan attended the first in-person meeting of Quad leaders hosted by US President Joe Biden and said that he firmly believed that the grouping of four countries would act as a ”force for global good” and ensure peace and prosperity in the Indo-Pacific as well as the entire world.
- In November 2017, India, Japan, the US and Australia gave shape to the long-pending proposal of setting up the Quad to develop a new strategy to keep the critical sea routes in the Indo-Pacific free of any influence, amidst China’s growing military presence in the strategic region.
- At the invitation of President Biden, Prime Minister Modi and his counterparts Scott Morrison from Australia and Yoshihide Suga from Japan have gathered in the American capital for the first-ever in-person Quad summit at the White House.
6. Indian Army to Organise “Bijoya Sanskritik Mahotsav” At _____?
B) Tamil Nadu
D) Madhya Pradesh
E) West Bengal
Answer: E) West Bengal
- 16 December 2021 will mark 50 years of the liberation of Bangladesh and India’s victory over Pakistan in the 1971 Indo-Pak War.
- To commemorate this landmark event in India’s history, Swarnim Vijay Varsh celebrations are being organised throughout the Country.
- A cultural event titled “Bijoya Sanskritik Mahotsav” aimed at showcasing the cultural linkages between India and Bangladesh during the war is being organised by the Eastern Command of Indian Army at Kolkata from 26 to 29 September 2021.
- Various cultural programs to include film screening, theatre plays, musical concerts and band performances are planned over five days at Rabindra Sadan and Nandan Convention Centre, Kolkata.
- Events of “Bijoya Sanskritik Mahotsav” will bring to fore the various tales of valor of Indian Army soldiers and Mukti Jodhas in the various historical battles fought by these brave hearts in the 1971 war of liberation.
- Lt Gen Manoj Pande, Army Commander, Eastern Command will inaugurate the event at Rabindra Sadan, Kolkata on 26 September 2021 in the presence of Veer Naaris, War veterans and prominent media, entertainment personalities and people of Kolkata.
- Highlights of the event include a Fusion band display (an amalgamation of Army Pipe, Brass and Jazz Band), performances by renowned Bengali play back singers and a theatre play on 1971 Indo-Pak War by RSR Group.
- Attendees will also have an opportunity to witness display of vintage vehicles and equipment of Eastern Command, and guided tours of Fort William Military Station
7. SAUBHAGYA was announced by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 25th September in ___?
Answer: E) 2017
- 2.82 crore households have been electrified since the launch of SAUBHAGYA. These figures are till March 31st of this year.
- As of march 2019, 2.63 crore willing un-electrified households in rural and urban areas of the country were provided electricity connections in a record time of 18 months.
- Subsequently seven states- Assam, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Manipur, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh reported that around 18.85 lakh un-electrified households, identified before 31.03.2019, which were unwilling earlier, but later expressed their willingness to get electricity connections, were also covered under the scheme.
- SAUBHAGYA is one of the largest household electrification drives in the world.
- SAUBHAGYA was announced by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 25th September 2017.
- The objective of the scheme was achieving Universal Household Electrification in the country, through last mile connectivity and providing access to electricity to all un-electrified households in rural areas and poor households in urban areas.
- While launching the scheme, the Prime Minister pledged to provide access to electricity and work towards equity, efficiency and sustainability in the New Age India.
- The total financial implications of the project was Rs. 16,320 crore while the Gross Budgetary Support (GBS) was Rs. 12,320 crore.
- The outlay for the rural households was Rs. 14,025 crore while the GBS was Rs. 10,587.50 crore.
- For the urban households, the outlay stood at Rs. 2,295 crore while GBS was Rs. 1,732.50 crore.
- The Government of India largely provided funds for the Scheme to all States/UTs.
- The journey started with Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY) which envisaged the creation of basic electricity infrastructure in villages.
- The focus of the scheme was on strengthening & augmentation the existing infrastructure and metering of existing feeders/distribution transformers to improve the quality and reliability of power supply in rural areas.
- Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana – Saubhagya envisioned providing energy access to all by last mile connectivity and electricity connections to all remaining un-electrified households in rural as well as urban areas to achieve universal household electrification in the country.
- The electricity connection to households included the release of electricity connections by drawing a service cable from the nearest pole to the household premise, installation of an energy meter, wiring for a single light point with LED bulb, and a mobile charging point.
8. Who inaugurates two days ‘National Tribal Research Conclave’ organized by Ministry of Tribal Affairs?
A) Devusinh Chauhan
B) Anurag Thakur
C) Bhagwanth Khuba
D) Bishweswar Tudu
E) Mansukh Mandaviya
Answer: D) Bishweswar Tudu
- Shri Bishweswar Tudu Minister of State, Tribal Affairs, addressed the two-day virtual “National Tribal Talent Pool Conclave” organized in collaboration with National Tribal Research Institute, (NTRI), Indian Institute of Public Administration, IIPA, New Delhi, KISS, (Deemed to Be University), Odisha, and SCSCRTI, Odisha from 23-24 September 2021.
- During the workshop, he interacted with more than 250 Tribal research scholars, from different universities of Odisha, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, and West Bengal.
- The scholars also presented their papers.
- The students and their guides had interactive session with officers of the Ministry.
Tribal Talent Pool initiative of MoTA aims at the development of the Tribal scholars by providing an environment of learning, support, contribution, and recognitionand to enable them to participate in various research and evaluation activities undertaken by MoTA at Central and State levels.